PDA

View Full Version : "Or I'll execute you where you stand!"

Soma Holiday
25-07-09, 14:44
but...she's not standing Lara...she's sorta kneeling. You're gonna "execute her where she kneels." or, "execute her where she was standing a minute ago."

sorry, but kinda dumb.:confused:

Lara Fan 4Life
25-07-09, 14:46
It's a video game. :D

badboy70
25-07-09, 14:47
I guess it's other words for "where you are are" :)

scremanie
25-07-09, 14:49
LOL. reminds me of the saying Stand your ground!...

Soma Holiday
25-07-09, 17:39
lol, I know i'm totally obnoxious for saying it, since it is a game, but it's still dumb. haha.

Noodleboy
25-07-09, 17:57
Isn't it some kind of saying?

Nerd For Life
25-07-09, 19:03
Oh.

xx_Hunt_xx
25-07-09, 19:16
Ahh even when Lara tries to act tough in Legend she fails lol

Mokono
25-07-09, 20:12
It could also be rethorical; i mean, Amanda lies in an ambiguous position when she talks about Avalon and everything... Lara also tells her to "make sense right this second". So Lara would have executed Amanda within her world of vague stuff.

Hazel
25-07-09, 20:18
I don’t think the ‘execute you where you stand” was necessary really. I mean she had a gun shoved in Amanda’s face and was kind of riled….I’m pretty sure Amanda knew what Lara’s intentions were had she not gave her the information she wanted.

Think it was done to make it seem more dramatic….but Keeley failed. She really cannot act Lara well at all!

mike-d
25-07-09, 20:32
This is such a stupid thread. "Where you stand" means "where you are situated". Even if it were an error, do you really think it deserved its own thread?

Rai
25-07-09, 20:36
Isn't it some kind of saying?

Yeah, it is. Lara wanted answers and fast and she was majorly peeved with Amanda, I don't think she was too worried about being grammatically correct. Her intentions were clear though what with the whole gun in the face thing.

Unless she was planning on pulling Amanda up by the hair to standing before shooting her. :p

Mokono
25-07-09, 20:46
This is such a stupid thread. "Where you stand" means "where you are situated". Even if it were an error, do you really think it deserved its own thread?

There's no thing as a stupid thread... And considering all the viral threads inside the Future Tomb Raider Games section, this is the least stupid of them all.

Soma Holiday
25-07-09, 20:50

Oh do forgive me for crowding up this unbelievably busy board with my nonsensical opinions, no matter how pointless they may be. You took the time to reply…so…:rolleyes:

Agreed, the voice actress was pretty terrible. Lara sounded like such a snob.

Helegad
26-07-09, 10:29
I don’t think the ‘execute you where you stand” was necessary really. I mean she had a gun shoved in Amanda’s face and was kind of riled….I’m pretty sure Amanda knew what Lara’s intentions were had she not gave her the information she wanted.

Think it was done to make it seem more dramatic….but Keeley failed. She really cannot act Lara well at all!

Don't be so harsh. Keeley does a good job.

Mytly
26-07-09, 19:37
"Where you stand" is just an idiomatic expression - it has nothing to do with whether the person is standing or not. :rolleyes:

There's no thing as a stupid thread...
Oh god, yes there is such a thing as a stupid thread, and this forum has at least a couple of zillion of them. :rolleyes: Of course, I'm not saying that this thread is one of them. :whi:

S.Black
26-07-09, 20:29
isn't some kind of saying ??

GenyaArikado
26-07-09, 21:01

she was awesome

is better than "Lara Nails" thread

Hipsy_Gypsy
26-07-09, 21:02

Well not "stupid" because you should see half of the threads on any forum really! But yeah... I never really got how people went nuts over that line. I quite liked it really! Also if my memory serves me right then was she not sort of half kneeling so maybe she was technically standing? :p :o I'll need to replay Legend to be honest, ha ha.
She was pretty~ annoyed too like so in the spur of the moment would YOU really give a damn about much of your grammer? I'd be more interested in throttling said person or as we would put it "jabberknacklethecleanouttaye!".

Yeah, it is. Lara wanted answers and fast and she was majorly peeved with Amanda, I don't think she was too worried about being grammatically correct. Her intentions were clear though what with the whole gun in the face thing.

Unless she was planning on pulling Amanda up by the hair to standing before shooting her. :p

Aye that's what I thought too. Just a mere saying not to be taken too seriously like! Lol but sure this is what the forums are for I guess! I agree with her being absolutely peeved off with her like I mentioned above, ha ha. Yeah they were and I suppose the extra line was just the cherry on the cake, eh?

I would have LOVED to have seen that! :o

"Where you stand" is just an idiomatic expression - it has nothing to do with whether the person is standing or not. :rolleyes:

Oh god, yes there is such a thing as a stupid thread, and this forum has at least a couple of zillion of them. :rolleyes: Of course, I'm not saying that this thread is one of them. :whi:

Ooh, thank you! :L

na_th_an
27-07-09, 08:07
Where you stand means where you are.

gremlinta
27-07-09, 20:16
but...she's not standing Lara...she's sorta kneeling. You're gonna "execute her where she kneels." or, "execute her where she was standing a minute ago."

sorry, but kinda dumb.:confused:

Keeley was just reading what was in the script, she wasn't playing the game at the time...

krycekuva
27-07-09, 20:54
its like the hot pants in TR3, while she was wearing camouflage trousers..:D

xXhayleyroxXx
27-07-09, 21:07
its like the hot pants in TR3, while she was wearing camouflage trousers..:D

i forgot what did she say?

January_Snow*
27-07-09, 21:38
It isnt stupid, its perfectly normal, its like another way of saying Ill execute you right where you are...

xXhayleyroxXx
27-07-09, 21:48
It isnt stupid, its perfectly normal, its like another way of saying Ill execute you right where you are...

i second that, it's like she meant it in a literal way not in reality :hug:

Paddy
27-07-09, 23:33
It's a video game. :D

Yeah but it is a bit weird considering she isnt standing :p

Soma Holiday
27-07-09, 23:36
lol. I love that I've gotten so many responses over such a seemingly "stupid" thread. I knew what she meant, I'm not that incompetent. I was just bored and brought up a point that sorta made me laugh when I was playing. lol.

Paddy
27-07-09, 23:39
lol. I love that I've gotten so many responses over such a seemingly "stupid" thread. I knew what she meant, I'm not that incompetent. I was just bored and brought up a point that sorta made me laugh when I was playing. lol.

It aint stupid :) it actually made me lol.
One of those things you dont pick up on unless someone else spots it.

Shark_Blade
28-07-09, 10:28
Legend Lara tries to be hardass too much yet her logical thinking failed her. Dumbass *****.

Paddy
28-07-09, 10:34
Legend Lara tries to be hardass too much yet her logical thinking failed her. Dumbass *****.

Given how soft**** she is anytime she has been hardass has been good IMO

Haaaydeen
28-07-09, 11:48
its a metaphor meaning i will kill you

Hairhelmet12
03-08-09, 08:50
Its just a video game it dosent matter. lmao and when you say "hold on for a second" are you done in a second?

dizzydoil
03-08-09, 11:27
It's a saying of sort. It just means the position you're currently in - we use it over here.

Mokono
03-08-09, 11:35
http://i25.************/2ewppj4.gif

ultima espio
03-08-09, 11:51
Its the Legend trilogy, its not meant to make sense.:p

Jedd Fletcher
03-08-09, 12:34
It supposedly sounds dramatic...but it ended up being a wee bit corny. That is still one of my favourite moments in the game though, Lara pointing her gun and the kneeling Amanda is a powerful image.

Soma Holiday
04-08-09, 01:05
Its just a video game it dosent matter. lmao and when you say "hold on for a second" are you done in a second?

Yes.

jfjeep26
10-08-09, 03:08
Sorry uh, never mind.:o

Altair
10-08-09, 09:04

Given how soft**** she is anytime she has been hardass has been good IMO

I never visit the Legend forums, but I got curious. Thank you for the entertainment, you two are funny! :p

TRGamer8
13-08-09, 11:02
its a metaphor meaning i will kill you

exactly! :D

Hipsy_Gypsy
18-10-09, 18:55
Metaphors for the win - all the way!
Anyway that wasn't the silliest quote I heard in the game... "Oh, you're SUCH a tourist!" made me think "wat". And she said it at least twice.

shadow_fire
02-11-09, 22:47
^
^
Im sure she only said that once, but yes I get what you mean lol

The Great Chi
02-11-09, 22:53
LOL. reminds me of the saying Stand your ground!...Or the mansion fire raised it to the ground, eh, what, raised , lowered, I give up ????? :D

We are just taking Phraseoligy with the title of this thread,
.....Phraseoligy is that a word :p

peeves
03-11-09, 01:36
I think amanda told lara to pull out the sword only so that lara can reach her mother in helheim but she didn't listen to amanda so amelia ended up dying just because lara wouldn't listen to amanda.

scoopy_loopy
03-11-09, 06:37
Its just a popular saying... :rolleyes:

Why so literal? :p

aussie500
03-11-09, 09:40
Or the mansion fire raised it to the ground, eh, what, raised , lowered, I give up ????? :D

We are just taking Phraseoligy with the title of this thread,
.....Phraseoligy is that a word :p

Not bothering much with subtitles I never noticed that error, should be razed not raised.

Edit - Where is it even mentioned that the Manor fire raised it to the ground? I cannot find it. :confused:

mslivetoGAME
11-11-09, 14:01
Ahh even when Lara tries to act tough in Legend she fails lol

lolz:D

ZapTheLadyBird
11-11-09, 14:14
She was angry. She wasn't thinking... Not that she has a brain in Legend...

Paddy
11-11-09, 21:04
She was angry. She wasn't thinking... Not that she has a brain in Legend...

Haha that I agree with.

Aranara
14-11-09, 18:35
Yeah, it's just a game, and that is an expresion.
Even if you sit on your butt: I'll execute you where you stand!