PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan Mysteries Crash

ali1386
25-07-09, 15:34
Hi everybody, I' ve tried to search in older threads some help for my problem but with no luck so I decided to start a new one... I cannot play on my pc the game in object !!! In my wife's pc the game works just fine but in mine it crashes everytime I push the Action button ( Ctrl )... why ? What do I miss ? It is something to do with .ogg files ? I can play no problem Ancient Legend III The Lost Chambers, which seems to have similar .exe to the Himalayan one... does anyone have a solution for my case ? I deeply thank you all in advance... p.s.: I understand that Titak is one of you... help please, Titak ! Your game is so greatly done that I cannot miss to play it !!!

Tombraider95
25-07-09, 15:48
Play It On Your Wifes PC :o

ali1386
25-07-09, 16:03
Yeah... thanks. I know I could, but she's always busy with her things and I don't want to wait for the free time in when I can use her pc... and above all I'm one of the kind that HAVE to solve things up ! - one way o the other. :)

Tombraider95
25-07-09, 16:03
In that case, Ask the Creator :)

mudkip25
25-07-09, 16:05
The .ogg won't affect anything cause its just audio. are you playing from download? try TR level manager 2009.

ali1386
25-07-09, 16:17
Hey, thanks everyone ! mudkip25, yes I normally use the TR Level Manager 2009... and it crashes... I've tried also the stand alone version and to play it through the Tomb Raider Lever Player... with no luck.:hea: I have some experience with pc's and I am very puzzled by this thing... what can it be ? What can be tied with the Ctrl button ? And why only with this game ? Tombraider95, do you mean Titak or... The Creator ? :)

Phys
25-07-09, 16:20
Hey, thanks everyone ! mudkip25, yes I normally use the TR Level Manager 2009... and it crashes... I've tried also the stand alone version and to play it through the Tomb Raider Lever Player... with no luck.:hea: I have some experience with pc's and I am very puzzled by this thing... what can it be ? What can be tied with the Ctrl button ? And why only with this game ? Tombraider95, do you mean Titak or... The Creator ? :)

Titak IS the creator.

mudkip25
25-07-09, 16:40

when I mean playable from download I mean. extract it and opening the exe manually?

ali1386
25-07-09, 16:49
when I mean playable from download I mean. extract it and opening the exe manually?
How do you "open the exe" ? Do you mean to start it, maybe ? Is it the stand alone version do you refer... I'm sorry I'm not quite getting you...

TR FAN 18
25-07-09, 17:10
Have you tried running the tomb4.exe DIRECTLY from the folder? You don't need to install the level.
Go to the folder where you downloaded the level and double click on the "tomb4.exe" file.

ali1386
25-07-09, 17:11
To be more specific... the Ctrl button works perfectly but with the pistols... I can't shoot but I can pick up thing from the floor...

ali1386
25-07-09, 17:13
Have you tried running the tomb4.exe DIRECTLY from the folder? You don't need to install the level.
Go to the folder where you downloaded the level and double click on the "tomb4.exe" file.
Yes... I did... I've tried as a stand alone, with TR Level Manager and with the TRLP, always with the same crash when I try to shoot... it must be something with the patched tomb4.exe... and my pc

ali1386
25-07-09, 17:28
I've found the solutiooooon !!! :jmp: I went on the tombsetup.exe and choose to play in the WINDOWED mode... with an Output Resolution of 800 x 600 at 32 bit I don't even know I'm playing in Windowed Mode... Hope all of this can help anyone else that can have the same problem... THANKS TO ALL, you are great folks !:hug:

mudkip25
25-07-09, 17:29
I've found the solutiooooon !!! :jmp: I went on the tombsetup.exe and choose to play in the WINDOWED mode... with an Output Resolution of 800 x 600 at 32 bit I don't even know I'm playing in Windowed Mode... Hope all of this can help anyone else that can have the same problem... THANKS TO ALL, you are great folks !:hug:

please don't double post. its considered spamming. please use the edit button.

thecentaur
25-07-09, 17:48
^^ that's getting annoying. at least acknowledge the post before you be a forum vigilante. :o

Titak
25-07-09, 17:50
You did play directly from the downloaded and unzipped folder?
It should work then.

DO NOT use another tomb4.exe. Use the one included in the download, other wise the levels won't work properly.
DO NOT use LevelManager, it is not needed since you can play directly from the downloaded folder. It might work with LevelManager (I don't know since I haven't tested it and neither have any of my testers) though. But it is best to play directly from the downloaded folder.

The fact that the audio is in OGG format has nothing to do with it. ;)

(Which level are you in now?)

*** EDIT ***
Never mind.
I was too quick to answer... didn't see you solved it.
Windowed mode shouldn't be needed though.
Actually, I found it all worked better in full screen mode because I had a crash once or twice when in windowed mode...
Btw, if you have a widescreen monitor, you can also set the resolution to widescreen, provided to tick the "widescreen" button in the game setup. ;)

ali1386
25-07-09, 19:10
Thanks Titak I'm honored to receive your "quick" answer :-) ... I don't know why your very beautyful game does that trick on my pc... I'll have to play in Windowed Mode... I'm just at the beginning of it but I saw further more on my wife's pc ( which works perfectly without the Windowed Trick ) ... mudpick25: sorry for the double post !