PDA

View Full Version : Lara (angrily) refuses to climb walls or ceiling..?

thecentaur
28-07-09, 22:48
Okay, maybe not angrily.
- I'm using the latest TRNG editor and engine.
As specific as possible, here is my problem:

I have assigned monkey swing or the fuchsia-peach button to a small segment as follows:
http://i27.************/2zjf7rt.jpg

I applied the monkey swing to all lower rooms so that shouldn't be a problem.

Before, I had tested the swing out, and it worked. However, after building about 10 or more rooms, she refuses to traverse via monkey swing or climbable walls:
http://i28.************/25irdjk.jpg
(all the trigger sectors are part of a sink)

I believe it has to do with one of my traps? Or perhaps the number of Itemgroups I have?

Currently, I have three item groups:
1: 2 objects, FLAME_EMITTER, ocb "-7"
2: 2 objects, FLAME_EMITTER, ocb "0"
3. 5 objects, TEETH_SPIKES, all ocb "4"

I have a flipmap in room 49. I also have the rollingball-trigger setup so perhaps that is the cause as well?

Help please :wve:

EDIT
I found the cause of the problem and found a reasonable work-around. Thread can be closed :)

Phys
28-07-09, 23:05
Could you explain how you solved it? I'm intrigued :p

thecentaur
28-07-09, 23:07
i believe rolling balls on triggers caused the non-climbing alter ego of lara.

matrix54
28-07-09, 23:27
the climbing pink thingy goes on the face furthest down from the top. And how are you using the Latest version. mine crashed, i switcthed tot he version prior, and that crashed... im starting to hate NGLE :(

God Horus
28-07-09, 23:49
I am scared of the new update :o I was going to update this morning but quite a few people are having problems! :eek:

trlestew
28-07-09, 23:53
I have'nt updated in about a year!
Good that you solved the problem though.

Raymond
29-07-09, 06:16
Obviously this problem isnīt related to the TRNG at all. Itīs an old engine problem, we should know very well!:rolleyes:
If there are really a problem with the newest version, is still to be checked out!
The crash problem may very well be related to something else, too.
So there is absolutely no need to be scared to use the latest version.

matrix54
29-07-09, 12:45
I only had two room. I rotate a room... oh look another crash_report!!

Raymond
29-07-09, 12:55
Get a bit experimental and scientific, if a problem happens! Test, test and test again with different settings. Is a related to a room, to a project, to some objects or whatever else. Give us the test results here! So we are able to analyze the problem!
Only complaining helps nothing! This isnīt a mature attitude for handling problems!

jeffrey van oort
29-07-09, 13:04
Okay, maybe not angrily.
- I'm using the latest TRNG editor and engine.
As specific as possible, here is my problem:

When using several rooms stacked upon each other. All the stacked rooms should have the same monkey swing triggers in them :)

mudkip25
29-07-09, 17:27
When using several rooms stacked upon each other. All the stacked rooms should have the same monkey swing triggers in them :)

thats what thecentaur did