PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the TRLE needs

matrix54
29-07-09, 14:49
MORE Water-Besed Vehicles and Weapons

I would Love a Jetski and a Kayak. As well as a UPV and the Working Diver suit from TRC, complete with Bubbles :p

And really who doesn't want The crossbow to have underwater Capabilities, or at least a Harpoon gun slot :p

ggctuk
29-07-09, 14:49

I would Love a Jetski and a Kayak. As well as a UPV and the Working Diver suit from TRC, complete with Bubbles :p

And really who doesn't want The crossbow to have underwater Capabilities, or at least a Harpoon gun slot :p

Are you talking TRNG or TREP?

matrix54
29-07-09, 14:56
In General. I dont care how I get it, as long as it works :p Im sure a jetski can be a modifaction of the speed-boat :p

Peanut
29-07-09, 14:59
More ways of Level Design.. I really want to make environments nice! But the TRLE is making it hard! So I have to use Meta, and Meta2TR....

Tombraider95
29-07-09, 15:16
More Ways of making Rooms Less blocky :o

thecentaur
29-07-09, 15:21
-Statics affected by lighting without having to be imported as a movable
-A workaround for shadows for statics and non-animatings. For example, the only way to actually "get" a shadow for a static is to apply a shadow to the actual TGA. You can't really get objects to do this because you would need to set the black shadow texture as transparent, but if you do that it would be see through.
- Selective transparency instead of pure 255,0,255

Um, I think that made sense..?

wdavid
29-07-09, 15:33
More Ways of making Rooms Less blocky :o

Yeap:)

By the way i would be happy if we could use the dual pistols underwater (yes, i'm an underworld fan:cln:) I'm sure that there are a lot of thing what would would be awesome to use in TRLE but nothing else come to my mind atm:confused::D

God Horus
29-07-09, 15:55

Well making the crossbow slot work underwater is on the to do list for TRNG Mk2. So hopefully that will happen! (i might end up texturing your harpoon mesh after all :whi:)

Isn't the Kayak somewhat possible? Didn't darkdeath have it in one of his levels?

matrix54
29-07-09, 16:02
I mean a kayak you just use, not like a billion triggers all over hte place or modded slot. we have boat just you place and drive, why not the kayak

Piega
29-07-09, 16:06
I would like no clipping. Having antialiasing and if possible some realtime shadow and mipmapping.

ggctuk
29-07-09, 16:07
Yep, that would be cool - a proper kayak. Personally, I don't see TRNG and TREP as rivals, rather different ways of doing things. Pyuaumch, sadly, doesn't seem able to help us as he said he's practically back where he began with TR.

Plus, a proper hand-to-hand combat system (with the ability to use melee weapons like knives, swords and even the crowbar), and the ability to set whether enemies can be allies (within a certain level - remember the TR3 Damned, who were enemies in Aldwych but allies in Lud's Gate?)

No clipping is possible with TREP already. Well, practically.

Kapu
29-07-09, 17:02
I would like no clipping. Having antialiasing and if possible some realtime shadow and mipmapping.

I would like those things, too, but I honestly don't care about them that much. The big thing I care about is gameplay. We've been playing Tomb Raider for years. The quality of custom levels has gone above and beyond the original Tomb Raiders. Unfortunately we're stuck with the same classic gameplay. I love a pretty custom level, but if the gameplay is something I've done countless times the game ends up in my recycle bin.

Plus, a proper hand-to-hand combat system (with the ability to use melee weapons like knives, swords and even the crowbar), and the ability to set whether enemies can be allies (within a certain level - remember the TR3 Damned, who were enemies in Aldwych but allies in Lud's Gate?)

You bring up hand-to-hand combat. This is something I've been thinking about alot, recently. With TREP I can make Lara stand ready for combat and perform different attacks depending on what keys you press. What I can't do (yet) is make these attacks actually hurt enemies. Or make enemies attack back, or make the enemy attacks hurt Lara. I'm sure it's possible using some complicated trigger ticks, and I'm looking into that.

What I really need to do is take another look at the TREP manual. The solutions to my problems is somewhere in there, hopefully.

madtong
29-07-09, 18:01
There is one simple thing who we cant make in TRLE and i think that its absurd !!! Sometimes we make some rooms on one PRJ, do others in one other... and if there is one room we like and want to put on the other PRJ we cant, we must rebuild it all again... So, it will be good if we could copy rooms from one PRJ to other :)

ggctuk
29-07-09, 18:04
There is one simple thing who we cant make in TRLE and i think that its absurd !!! Sometimes we make some rooms on one PRJ, do others in one other... and if there is one room we like and want to put on the other PRJ we cant, we must rebuild it all again... So, it will be good if we could copy rooms from one PRJ to other :)

Ah but there is if you're using the normal TRLE - it's called PrjMerge.

Razzi
29-07-09, 18:09
more slots for enemies - for example sas1 sas2 sas3 sas4 baddy4 baddy5 etc.
:D

Piega
29-07-09, 19:23
The jumping platforms from Tomb Raider II :) Moving platforms that exist in in other games like Rayman.

Seth94
29-07-09, 19:26
more slots for enemies - for example sas1 sas2 sas3 sas4 baddy4 baddy5 etc.
:D

Exactly what I'd want! :D

ggctuk
29-07-09, 19:37
All enemy and trap slots from TR1-TR5.

Kapu
30-07-09, 00:58
What I can't do (yet) is make these attacks actually hurt enemies.

I might have a solution...but it's a stretch. I think I can make it work, with some creativity...

SET_HP [raw item ID] [HP value]
Overrides specified item's health points. As with KILL_ITEM and MOVE_ITEM commands, to override some enemy's health points, you must know his raw item ID. Then, you simply create flipeffect which will set more HP, and… voila! You have two baddies in the same slot with different health points!
In fact, this can be useful, if you want to create some complications for player during the boss fight or to make some nasty trick to disable player's ability to kill some certain baddy fast. For example, you can combine this command with timer editor, and if player won't manage to destroy some enemy in time, enemy's HP will be increased.

KurtisandLara
30-07-09, 02:53
I would like a sneak attack where lara goes up behind the enemy and breaks their neck or knocks them out like in AOD.
it might be possible but im way to lazy to think :o.

trlestew
30-07-09, 02:58
Hand to hand combat.
Underwater shooting
Better graphics capabilities.
A jetski would be nice.

And a random one.... flying and anti-gravity :o (those seriously would be nice additions though)

Kapu
30-07-09, 03:12
I would like a sneak attack where lara goes up behind the enemy and breaks their neck or kncosk them out like in AOD.
it might be possible but im way to lazy to think :o.

Quite possible with flipeffects. :)

matrix54
30-07-09, 03:14
And a random one.... flying and anti-gravity :o (those seriously would be nice additions though)

that's possible silly...

press DOZY :ton:

larafan25
30-07-09, 04:18
^or just change the swimming animation and have water rooms:D

KurtisandLara
30-07-09, 04:58
Quite possible with flipeffects. :)

:yik: ...
...:yik: How? >.<

ViNi__
30-07-09, 05:05

TRNG can make some things like this with flipeffects :tmb:
or you can change the gravity in script :D (I did it some time ago but don't remember anymore :hea:)

Ceamonks890
30-07-09, 05:17
It would be cool if we had Excalibur/Soul Reaver, Thor's Hammer, Gauntlets and Belt useable in the LE. Other things I'd like to see made possible is to have hover-vehicles from Jak 2/3, tranquiliser gun, swords/axes/daggers etc from Prince of Persia SoT Trilogy, the ability to control time(also from Prince of Persia SoT Trilogy), taser gun like in AoD, ability to increase Lara's health(since most games have health upgrade systems nowadays) And we could choose what way to make her increase her health(like the Relics from Underworld or bonus health rounds filled with traps that you have to get through to get an upgrade like Prince of Persia SoT Trilogy again), multiplayer mode like on PSP TR Legend, ability to choose what outfit for Lara to wear in custom levels(like in Crystal Dynamics's games), grapple with all its animations from L/A/U, able to make grapple puzzles(like in Beneath The Ashes). And that's all I can come up with right now.

Titak
30-07-09, 09:30
A lot of the things mentioned above. :tmb:

Diagonal walls, like in the unofficial editor...
We still have to use objects in TRLE and they simply don't light as well as the actual editor blocks.

scoopy_loopy
30-07-09, 09:40
Id like it if the LE "Square" was segmented alittle more. So that "1" square became 4 smaller ones or something similar. We could achieve so much more with just the editor itself... although this would probably be impossible.

ggctuk
30-07-09, 09:52
Dynamic object collision. With TRLE, if we want an object with more complex collision we have to make dummy collision objects, and even then we're restricted to block collision - what about spheres? I'd also like for the ability to climb objects based on that collision.

Raymond
30-07-09, 10:31
If I read through the ideas on this page, I see, some are already possible, some will be realizable and some wonīt never be realized with this engine.
What is possible already with the help of the trng and some (or some more) work:
- hand to hand combat certainly, also with weapons (knife, sword,axes, thors hammer or whatever), needs quite some work
- jet ski may be based on the boat (needs massive rebuilding, of course)
- flying/anti-gravity easily with flipeffects
- taser gun with some more work
- conditional health manipulating systems
- outfit choosing

ggctuk
30-07-09, 10:44
This is for in general, either through TREP, TRNG, or otherwise... I personally think TRNG is complicated, but then I grew up on TREP :ton: so I think if, and this is hypothetical, if these features were to be made, they should be made for both TRNG and TREP.

Hateshinai
30-07-09, 12:25
- outfit choosing

Can you tell me more about that last one ? :D

matrix54
30-07-09, 13:48
OHH! OUTFIT CHOOSING! that's a difficult one to explain, but it is possible :eek: And it doesn't require you to leave the actual level it self :mis: just a dummy room, if it you want to do it like underworld -select a side weapon and outfit- just make a dummy room, rummage through flip-effects to change to a slot that has Laras outfits in it and have a trigger for displaying and Image across the screen, so you can select an outfit from a set of triggers. then move lara to a new dummy room, with triggers to select the weapon, then jump the the start of the level

yeah... its so extensive, I'm to lazy to write it out on top of me exlaining it wrong >.> anyone want to? BUT completely possible

Raymond
30-07-09, 14:35
One basis for the outfit choosing are the Lara (Mesh)-flipeffects, which enable all kinds of meshswaps on Lara. The other basis is to handle the conditions, best via Global triggers. You can create all kinds of conditions. You can set condition, that a certain task is completed to get the outfit, whatever you want. The choosing can be done by letting the player press a certain key for a certain outfit (what is also a condtion). You can enhance the thing with images on screen or the use of the diary or play around with animations connected with it. You can do quite sophisticated stuff around it, but the more sophisticated you want to have, the more scripting and condtional triggering you have to do, which needs mastery of course. So get into the meshswap stuff and learn to handle Conditions and Global Triggers.

Raymond
30-07-09, 15:14
Let me stimulate your phantasy a bit:
Move Lara in front of here garderobe. Press a certain key, and three smaller imges with possible outfits to choose from appear on screen. By pressing another button choose an outfit. An animation starts to play, which shows at least the beginning of the changing, the camera blends away for a time and then back and the new outfit is on her. Then she moves to another closet and take out pullover, scarf and cap, because she want`s to make an excursion into the mountains. The items go into her inventory. In the mountaines he makes another outfit change and dresses the pullover on choosing it in the inventory etc.. In the case, she has forgotten to take it with her, she will freeze, loose health etc. So you can even make gameplay out of outfits.

Iīm sorry, thatīs a bit off topic.:whi: So itīs more than enough for here!

Ceamonks890
31-07-09, 21:58
Here's more things I'd like to see made possible in the LE: Kurtis's Churagai Blade from AoD to be used as a weapon, the ability to create your own weapon, enemy and trap slots so we aren't as restricted(I'd like to see weapons and gadgets from Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter etc be made in the LE and for them to be almost exactly the same as the games they come from, be able to use the word 'Ock Echieva' from Beneath The Ashes and Lara's Shadow to control thralls or other enemies and make them protect you from other enemies:mis:, be able to make the adrenaline moves from Crystal's games work properly: Legend- Aerial Assault Anniversary- Adrenaline Dodge Underworld- Adrenaline Headshot, be able to make new animations for enemies ex: there was a deleted dog p*** animation from AoD, Boaz's deleted animations from her boss fight etc, be able to do spaceship fights(like in Ratchet and Clank 2/ Tools of Destruction).