PDA

View Full Version : Woaaaaaaaaw moments !!!

madtong
29-07-09, 18:11
Im currently playing Lara at the movies - Stargate and i have a breath taking view : when you go out from the the temple, on " Beyond the Stargate " the view to the desert is awsome, i think i didnt see a view so pretty in any official Tomb Raider series. And i could keep here hours recalling amazing moments and pictures i lived on custom levels and still i dont remember from where are some woooaaaaw moments that i had ( for exemple, what is the level that have that breath taking temple on the border of a fantastic river ? )... So, what are yours woaaaw moments ? Some screenshots would be nice... :)

Phys
29-07-09, 18:12
Could you please send me a save game for that! I've wanted to play the stargate level for ages but I'd have to play through the others first which I don't really care for... :( No offence to the builders.

God Horus
29-07-09, 18:14
In Himalayan Mysteries when you get out of the plane, and see the massive ravine and those animals in the background and it was amazing!

And the part when you see the huge and beautiful temple in The Secrets of Nepal.

Razzi
29-07-09, 18:17
Demboche monastery in Himalayan Mysteries is the most amazing level I played! And also the whole spaceship :)

madtong
29-07-09, 18:26
Could you please send me a save game for that! I've wanted to play the stargate level for ages but I'd have to play through the others first which I don't really care for... :( No offence to the builders.

Well, im a compulsive saver, im always saving the game and always change my save slot after 15 saving... Results : my oldest save slot is on the end of the "Military installation", after placing the chevrons... So, you dont gonna play all the first level ( this is a 2 levels set ) . But, you could edit a script.dat and play only the stargates levels, no ? You know, you could open the scrip.dat who cames with the Lara at the movies download and keep only the stargates parts, deleting the others... I think it could work:confused:

madtong
29-07-09, 18:28
Demboche monastery in Himalayan Mysteries is the most amazing level I played! And also the whole spaceship :)

And that awsome ride tru the caves with the alien motorbike also in H.M.?:D

Phys
29-07-09, 18:29
Ill give it a go... hmm..

ViNi__
29-07-09, 18:30
the Stargate level sure is beautifull :cln:
-
another "wooow" came from the planets room in the HM spaceship :p

mudkip25
29-07-09, 18:40
aahh, gotta love Titia :hug:

Razzi
29-07-09, 18:47
sure! her levels are awesomilicious !!

Peanut
29-07-09, 18:49
In Himilayan Mysteries I loved The Begining Part where it crashes! :D

snork
29-07-09, 19:11

You can use this scripts to play any level. LatM_anylevel.zip (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2382880_uhmvx/LatM_anylevel.zip)

Phys
29-07-09, 19:33
You can use this scripts to play any level. LatM_anylevel.zip (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2382880_uhmvx/LatM_anylevel.zip)

Thanks so much :hug:

Razzi
29-07-09, 20:48
This WAAAW EFEKT is also in Jade Empire in first level where the "another dimension" is and it looks bloody amazing !!!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l139/Gandalf02/Jade%20Empire/2christoph-JadeEmpire.jpg

herothing
29-07-09, 21:30
^^
Wow

madtong
29-07-09, 21:50
Another wooow is on Sheeva " Simple Purple " , on the part where you drive that funny car trought the tunnel whit that comic soundtrack . I could not stop laughting:D:D:D

tweetygwee
29-07-09, 22:13
Great thread idea. :D

Fragments of the Core by Horus. The cathedral room in the first level where you fight a lizard demigod and a great soundtrack kicks in.

Passge to Mu 3 & 4 by Tony Tomb. Entering the Sylvan Lake or a set of crystal filled caves, or those floating islands in the purple sky...

The Wrath of Thor by Isis. The opening is pretty intense, as is the final battle.

LATM - Loads here, but Stargate, as already mentioned, is noteworthy of wowness. Alien Resurrection was another.

Himalayan Mysteries by Titak. Enough said.

Underworld Unfinished Business & The Lizard King - Just great. The pinnacle of Richard's work is the The Asylum in UUB4, although maybe it's only a 'wow' technically. Otherwise it's more of a laugh-till-you-choke moment.

Scrolls of Time by Uvavoo - the aerial domain level.

Armageddon's Temple 2 by eTux - The huge floating valley area.

Sanctuary of Souls demo by Piega - The trapdoors, cogs, traps and sounds all combine into one big wow.

1upMushroom
30-07-09, 01:13
For me, there are two moments that stand out from the rest:

In Himalayan Mysteries the wow moment for me was in the second level, Icy Waters. The frozen waterfalls. Absolutely breathtaking level!!

The entire level set was amazing, truly; I am not insulting the rest of the HM levels; but the second level had the beauty of natural scenery, it simply took my breath away in a way that very few Tomb Raider levels ever have. It just stood out as the prettiest level of the game.

UUB4, taking care of business. The last level: The Dark Soul's Stronghold Simply the most incredible stage. The view of the castle from Lara's starting position!!! I gasped when I started this level. It was amazing. My sense of amazement at the beauty of this level did not fade, either.
Again, the entire installment was amazing, but the Stronghold was the highlight.

One other wow moment: not a user-made level, but Core Design: in TR Last Revelation, actually. Lara has just navigated this maze of underground tunnels through the Mastabas, and she steps out of the door to a view of the Great Pyramid. :D :jmp: The entire surface seemed to be windswept and desolate, and that sense of desolation did not leave as you climbed the pyramid either.
In a way, I am not sure that the Pyramid moment from TRLR can ever be beaten.

I am sure there have been other "wow" moments, but these are the ones that stood out above all of the others.

madtong
30-07-09, 06:08
I dont remember the name of the level but there is another wow moment : its a cutscene after Lara pickup a object from a pedestal, the cut show Lara sitting to rest a bit, adjut her shoes and we start to see some Shives statues, 4 if im not wrong, slowly awaking and then we start to fight whit them with a great kicking butts music as soundtrack. The whole scene, cut more the fight, are absolut amazing:D:D:D

madtong
30-07-09, 22:00
The waterfall at the beginning of Josep Borrut " A wish shall be born". Another big woaw:D

tweetygwee
31-07-09, 00:07
I dont remember the name of the level but there is another wow moment : its a cutscene after Lara pickup a object from a pedestal, the cut show Lara sitting to rest a bit, adjut her shoes and we start to see some Shives statues, 4 if im not wrong, slowly awaking and then we start to fight whit them with a great kicking butts music as soundtrack. The whole scene, cut more the fight, are absolut amazing:D:D:D

That was 'The Stone of Perseus' I think :D

thecentaur
31-07-09, 00:15
titak's levels are amazing :)

another "wow" moment is realizing you would save yourself 45 horrid minutes by not playing my debut level :cln:
i should get that damn thing off of trle.net i guess :pi:

matrix54
31-07-09, 00:58
wow indeed :pi:

Treasure of the Lost Spanish Galleon. Period :cool:

now, if were in 128x128 and used more objects slots, and for the hell of it, meta 2 tr, i'm sure i wouldv'e been sold even more than I was when i played it :D. and lets not forget piega Santuary of souls demo :mis:

LaraCablara
31-07-09, 01:56

now, if were in 128x128 and used more objects slots, and for the hell of it, meta 2 tr, i'm sure i wouldv'e been sold even more than I was when i played it :D. and lets not forget piega Santuary of souls demo :mis:

YES!!

I love that level, its my favorite :).

madtong
31-07-09, 10:39
Another wow moment was on Trix " Lion sleep tonight ", the cutscene before the gorilas attack... And that sweety baby tryceratop who ends up in the water...:D

madtong
02-08-09, 20:47
The chopper attack, when you get on the bridge , in Bojrkraider-Experiment3 - Under the moonlight

Romantics Inc.
02-08-09, 21:13
I had a lot of woah moments in every part of the Underworld Unfinished Saga by Richard Lawther(mostly in the Plain of Jars)...good god that man can build a level! :p

ShadyCroft
03-08-09, 10:17
^^Oh I so agree ! I wonder how Richard's doing, if he's making anything, any level, or writing a novel...:o

madtong
19-08-09, 21:44
Like i already said, im playing "Lara at the movies" and i started today the Alien Resurection level... Gosh, this is awsome but let me tell this : the alien enemy is absolutely ****i*g gorgeous, glourious!!! Im completely fascinated by this guy... When you see him the first time, above you, trouht the grated floor, it looks like a customised raptor but when he attack you at the entry of the toilets... OMG, he his fantastic, and the animations are fantastic!!! Another big WOOOAAAAAW moment !!!

Librarian
19-08-09, 23:05

I started that one just yesterday. It looks promising :D

As for Woaaaww moments, Himalayan Mysteries blew me away. The whole thing, lol.

madtong
20-08-09, 21:36
Finished Alien Resurection and here i go again : this is a big WOOOAAAW from the beginning to the end and he is quite well based on the movie, the storieline is about the same ! And did i sayed that "Aliens" are my favourite movies? Being the original, the one by Ridley Scott, the best... So, here comes my point : " Lara at the movies " is the best levelset ever and Alien Resurection is the best individual level i already played, and believe me, ive already played more than 300 customs levels...:D