PDA

View Full Version : Where to put audio tracks and how to convert?

larafan25
30-07-09, 02:30
ok so I have recently been interested in adding some epic music to my audio list....but I have some questions...

1. where do I put the file, audio folder?

2. how do I convert the file to wave, or will it play mp3 or windows media?

3. how do I open the tracks in the editor? I can only find the sample sounds.

KurtisandLara
30-07-09, 02:59
1) yes. the Audio folder.

2) I suggest the sound recorder that comes with your PC. Convert it with that. Theres more programs out there, like madplay that will do it but sometimes for it doesnt work.

3) To trigger the sound (i think thats what your asking) Open the trigger window and find make the Trigger (what to trigger) window say CD.
The object to trigger window should be the number of your music, the type should be trigger or pad, whichever you want. Leave the timer field at 0 unless you only want it to play for acouple seconds or something.

Hope this helps.

larafan25
30-07-09, 03:05
thank you soooooo much:)

I have another problem,when I go into the box to type the number of the audio track,that damn 0 is always highlighted so I cannot get rid of it or backspace it:O

so whenever I input the number of my track 112 there is a 0 at the end which makes it 1120 which doesn't exist:(

anyone know how to get rid of the zero?:(

wdavid
30-07-09, 04:37
Press Enter after you input the number of the track ;)

larafan25
30-07-09, 04:40
^and the 0 will dissapear?:)

Kapu
30-07-09, 04:42
thank you soooooo much:)

I have another problem,when I go into the box to type the number of the audio track,that damn 0 is always highlighted so I cannot get rid of it or backspace it:O

so whenever I input the number of my track 112 there is a 0 at the end which makes it 1120 which doesn't exist:(

anyone know how to get rid of the zero?:(

Delete the 0 first by clicking in front of it and then just backspace it. ;)

larafan25
30-07-09, 04:46
thats the thing,it is impossible to do,I have tried millions of times,and I know it is not ym mouse because this is always the case with those small sticky bars....:(

it drives me nuts sitting there clicking away at it:p

Kapu
30-07-09, 04:48
Okay, try this instead. When the 0 is highlighted tap the right arrow key to move the bar.

larafan25
30-07-09, 04:51
^k Ill try that:)

edit: it worked!!!! thank you soooo much:)

KurtisandLara
30-07-09, 04:53
I have to do what kapu said, with OCB's 0 default number. Its rather annoying :(.
Glad i could help larafan25.

larafan25
30-07-09, 04:54
^yup it worked:)

thanks for all the help guys:)

KurtisandLara
30-07-09, 04:56
Glad its working :).

larafan25
30-07-09, 20:14
ok so that worked but I am having another problem...or 2:D

I recorded some new sounds( lara's no, fire death, take hit sounds)

and they are all perfect,I have converted them into .wav the only problem is that when I hear them ingame...they are alot deeper sounding then they were made....and I mean ALOT:p

lara sounds like a man...anyone know what happened?:)

KurtisandLara
30-07-09, 20:45
ok so that worked but I am having another problem...or 2:D

I recorded some new sounds( lara's no, fire death, take hit sounds)

and they are all perfect,I have converted them into .wav the only problem is that when I hear them ingame...they are alot deeper sounding then they were made....and I mean ALOT:p

lara sounds like a man...anyone know what happened?:)

O.O
Thats....odd i've never had that happen before sorry im lost now. I don't know what the problem is.

1upMushroom
30-07-09, 21:12
Uh, the DEL key (delete) instead of the backspace?
:confused:

Where are you people?
DEL always works for me, it is easier than right cursor and backspace.

To the earlier question:
If you are using the NG scripter and TRNG, then you can use MP3's, but then you need to add a line to the script to enable MP3's.
TREP can also enable MP3's, but the original editor needs .wav files.

larafan25
30-07-09, 21:18
^thanks but I've figured that out:)

I am thinking that I may need to make my sounds deep so they sound higher ingame....but I'm not sure:(