PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a script entry for rain with TREP?

larafan25
31-07-09, 18:53
ok so I still am unable to get weather in my level,and I finally need it so I should learn how it is done:)

I am using just TRLE with TREP,so do I need to do any script entries or just use TREP?

and also for rain in my level do I just push the water button to a certain number?:)

Kapu
31-07-09, 20:36
Not quite. First you need to enable the patch 'Enable Weather' under Custom Patches in TREP. Then you need to open up the Flipeffect Editor and create this new command.

CHANGE_WEATHER 1
STOP

Then in the editor, place a trigger for the new flipeffect and it will rain. However, it won't rain unless the room you're in is outside (click the O button), and the horizon is showing.

You can adjust how heavy or light the rain is under Custom Patches in TREP. ;)

wdavid
31-07-09, 20:48
It's not my thread but these information are very useful for me too, so thans Kapu:D:hug:

Kapu
31-07-09, 20:58
Glad I was able to help you, wdavid. :D

!Lara Croft!
01-08-09, 02:18
So if i wanted to add snow to Croft Manor i would have to have the flipeffect trigger on lara's starting point in her bedroom and all of the outside area's have the O pushed?

larafan25
01-08-09, 02:37
thank you sooooo much Kapu:)

Kapu
01-08-09, 04:42
So if i wanted to add snow to Croft Manor i would have to have the flipeffect trigger on lara's starting point in her bedroom and all of the outside area's have the O pushed?

Yes, and the horizon has to be showing.

You're welcome, Julian. :)

Tombraider95
01-08-09, 09:57
For some reason when i had TREP and enabled weather and put the line in the script and put outside rooms as rain in NGLE it never worked for me! :(

Kapu
01-08-09, 16:14
Well, you had something wrong, Tombraider95. I once had some trouble getting weather to work, too.

EDIT: Wait, you used the actual Rain button? That's now how it works.