PDA

View Full Version : Quest Item doesn't disappear?

Seth94
02-08-09, 20:52
Hi everyone, :wve:

I've used a flipeffect that removes 4 quest items from the level, which the player would have obtained through the game. So I tested out the whole game, obtained the 4 quest items and entered the level.

Once the 4 quest items are removed, 4 puzzle items are added. (They are the same as the quest items but now they have to be used as puzzle items.) ;)

The problem is that the image of the quest items disappear, but the name of the quest item stays there with nothing above it. :confused:

How do I completely remove the quest item? (btw the flipeffect is correct because there were no errors and I checked on the list of flipeffects and it was the right flipeffect to use.)

PS. The 4 puzzle items add correctly, it's just that the quest items don't remove properly. ;)

Seth94
03-08-09, 20:03
Can anyone please help with this? :confused:

Titak
03-08-09, 20:20
TREP or TRNG?

Seth94
03-08-09, 20:20
I'm using TREP. :)

Titak
05-08-09, 18:18
No idea really... :o

Could you try doing the same thing with a puzzle-item?
Maybe it has somethign to do with the quest-item slot? :confused: Since it is different from any other puzzle-item slot.

KurtisandLara
05-08-09, 18:31
Is the quest item slots hardcoded?

Seth94
05-08-09, 21:12
No idea really... :o

Could you try doing the same thing with a puzzle-item?
Maybe it has somethign to do with the quest-item slot? :confused: Since it is different from any other puzzle-item slot.

It has to be a quest item though because they have to be carried over from area to area via a RESETHUB change. ;)

And even if it did work with puzzles I still wouldn't be able to use them. :)

Titak
05-08-09, 21:56
It has to be a quest item though because they have to be carried over from area to area via a RESETHUB change. ;)

And even if it did work with puzzles I still wouldn't be able to use them. :)I know, but at least you would know if it is possible then. If it is possible with another object it might indeed be something related to the quest-item slot and then you'll know for sure it isn't possible with the quest-item slot and you'll know for sure you made the correct flipeffect. ;)

@ KurtisandLara:
Something sure is hardcoded in those slots because they do stay in Lara's inventory after using the ResetHUB= line in the script, other pickup items (keys, puzzles, pickups) don't.

Kevin
05-08-09, 22:11
Just an idea:
There is a flipeffect that add puzzle items to the inventory, so why not using this flipeffect at the start of the levels where it is needed? Then you wouldn't need any quest item slot.

Seth94
06-08-09, 12:31
Just an idea:
There is a flipeffect that add puzzle items to the inventory, so why not using this flipeffect at the start of the levels where it is needed? Then you wouldn't need any quest item slot.

Actually, a good idea. She finds the first puzzle, and then I add it back when there is an outfit change- this process repeats and repeats until she has all 4.

Thanks Titak and Kevin. :tmb:

1upMushroom
06-08-09, 12:52
In TR Last Rev. Lara loses the ankh (Amulet of Horus, is it?) after she gets flung off of the central platform in the final showdown with with Set.

That is a quest item, so this game engine has the capacity for losing quest items.

Maybe you need to place the quest item object somewhere in the stage in order for it to work. Make sure it is somewhere inaccessible.

Seth94
09-08-09, 20:26
I have tried to just use puzzle item flipeffects to get it to work, but like stated in my TR: The Sacred Emerald thread, I get an error and the flipeffect doesn't work.

I use 4 flipeffects:

ADD_PUZZLEITEM PUZZLE_ITEM9.... and I repeat this for 10, 11 and 12.

But the flipeffects do not work like they should, and in 2 of the 4 levels where the flipeffects occur Lara is invisible for some reason.

I think this is due to the fact that the flipeffects overwritten, in this case 53, 54, 55 and 56, have had their old flipeffects used.

I noticed that flipeffect 54 is "hide screen" and flipeffect 55 cancels out the flipeffect 54's effect. That is why 2 of the 4 levels don't have this effect.

I use the flipeffect editor to create the flipeffects.

Why do the flipeffects not work and why do the old ones work?

EDIT: Don't worry, I sorted the problem. I forgot to add the number of puzzle items I needed at the end of the flipeffect, which was 1.

Thanks

Seth94