PDA

View Full Version : Can't get past the Hybrid monster (Bolivia Redux)

Sillysauce
05-08-09, 12:45
I cannot, CAN NOT, get past the 'hybrid Amanda monster' in Bolivia Redux.
Must have stabbed it 4, 5 or 6 times per fight but the ******* just won't die..
I know of the Stella-site and the bossfight-strategies topic here but they didn't succeed in helping me so far.

HEEELLP!! :hea:

rowanlim
05-08-09, 12:58
Have you seen the video help section in tombraiderchronicles? Clicky (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/walkthrough/boss_movies.html)

You've to attack the monster until it reduces into Amanda then stab it (interact prompt), repeat until you bring it down :)

Mytly
05-08-09, 18:35
Sillysauce, the video that Rowanlim linked to should help. If not, can you tell us where exactly you're going wrong? Because generally speaking, the monster should die after being stabbed 4-5 times. Are you allowing it to regain too much health when it gets up after each stabbing episode? If so, you need to be fast. Keep moving around, and avoid the monsters attack, as they will knock Lara off her feet, allowing the monster more time to regain health. SAnd remember to set the combat mode to Advanced Toggle so that Lara automatically aims at the monster all the time.

Sillysauce
06-08-09, 22:18
Yay!! Got it!!

Guess I wasn't focused on the interact prompt while stabbing. Once I got that right it was soon over. Also I think I didn't try hard enough to avoid the lightnings as I didn't think this was possible.

Thanks!!

Next problem; The Great Pyramid in 'Anniversary'.

Mytly
08-08-09, 12:30
Great! Congrats. :)