PDA

View Full Version : arg list is too big – texture problem

AgentXP
05-08-09, 20:44
Hi, I’m having a problem creating a custom texture set for my level. I’m using ‘Tbuilder v 2.4’ to create a texture set. I can create the texture set, load it in Room editor and begin building a level with the textures. I can also output the WAD and test the level with no problems. The trouble begins when I try to reopen the project in room editor.

The room editor displays a message saying: ‘Can’t locate the tga file’. I tell it where to find the file; it then says that the ‘arg list is too big’, before crashing.

I am aware that there is already a link for this at: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=33759#6 However, when I tell the editor where to locate the texture file, it just crashes! :hea: I’m also absolutely certain that it has not been renamed or moved. :confused:

I’ve had the same problem with both TRLE and NGLE, so I don’t think it can be a memory issue. I would be grateful for any suggestions! :o

LaraRules81
05-08-09, 20:46
Are there any spaces in the TGA name?

Phys
05-08-09, 20:48
You might like to try this handy tutorial. It should solve your crashing problem :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=144730

Mytly
05-08-09, 21:02
I don't see the point of that tutorial - isn't it infinitely simpler to just rename the .tga file to something without spaces? :confused: (Which, btw, is what I did when I ran into this particular error, and haven't had any problem since.)

Phys
05-08-09, 21:09
I don't see the point of that tutorial - isn't it infinitely simpler to just rename the .tga file to something without spaces? :confused: (Which, btw, is what I did when I ran into this particular error, and haven't had any problem since.)

Sometimes when renaming the texture file, it doesn't solve the problem and it still crashes after asking for a pcx file. Therefore this tutorial lets you change it manually so it will work properly again. Otherwise you'll be stuck in an endless loop of the project crashing.

AgentXP
05-08-09, 22:13
Are there any spaces in the TGA name?

That was it! I had spaces in the file name. Arrrr!

You’ve no idea how much time I’ve wasted because of that silly error. Thanks!!!!!! :tmb: :D

I should have paid more attention in class when my old college tutor used to tell me not to put spaces in my file names . . . :p