PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite retro songs 80's- Early 2000's

Lee croft
07-08-09, 10:20
More then a woman by Aaliyah

SsY_0ZksO40

i remeber my sisters listening to Aaliyah when i was younger and recently ive started listening to some of her stuff

Sometimes by Britney Spears

l4-PDLz3tdI

Hit me baby one more time by Britney Spears
i remember my sisters had the CD and i used to sing along to it

and Crazy in Love by Beyonce

what are yours? :)

CrypticDream
07-08-09, 11:26
Summer of 69 - Byan Adams
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
Take on Me - A-HA
:D

tombraiderluka
07-08-09, 11:33
Disco Inferno - The Trammps
Mr. Vain - Culture Beat
Coco Jambo - Mr.President
Gimme Gimme - ABBA
The Man Who Sold the World - David Bowie
Around the World - ATC
Madonna - Frozen
We are the champions -Queen
Liberian Girl - Michael Jackson
... well pretty much everything by MJ
A-ha - Take On Me

i'll add more that i love later

Carbonek_0051
07-08-09, 11:34
Iwuy4hHO3YQ

TPgMTIgwS6s

irp8CNj9qBI

DmBFW9liWMU

ue3M_kxb85Y

:D

Larson_1988
07-08-09, 11:38
My favourite! :D

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/belinda+carlisle/video/x1d6pg_belinda-carlisle-heaven-is-a-place_music

Spong
07-08-09, 12:17
Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive
nb-8SHznFw0

Nena - 99 Luft Balons (the proper German version, not the lame British one)
jQYQTFudrqc

Spandau Ballet - Gold
gSq8ZBdSxNU

Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
FGJHDhX-XWY

Electric Light Orchestra - Four Little Diamonds
1O-IdK78MnY

]{eith
07-08-09, 12:22
Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (and every other Kate Bush song :whi:)
Hv0azq9GF_g

Stevie Nicks - Stand Back (and every other Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac song :whi:)
P1YvRWSIQOE

Marianna12
07-08-09, 12:29
XoTv1ELYV1o
1dOXkrCSsKo
I'll add more later:)

marla_biggs
07-08-09, 12:37
uNXqiP_H1zU

CLA$$IC!

Lee croft
07-08-09, 12:38
uNXqiP_H1zU

CLA$$IC!

this takes me faaaaaar!!!! back!! :yik:

Kelly Craftman
07-08-09, 12:42
I have to say ABBA is my fav from this time period! :tmb:

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 13:26
Just a few of my favorites..
Blondie - Call Me
aH3Q_CZy968&feature=related
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
8CmhqoB1lNE
Blue Oyster Cult - Fire Of Unknown Origin
p-bQeX8HxMk
Concrete Blonde - Joey
Fr7OCO0aWW0
The Divinyls -I Touch Myself
AhJrwouBZZs
Joan Jett - Do You Wanna Touch
XELpxApT8Kc
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round
mCiVXigrjjQ
Thos are just a few of the many many songs I love from that time period :)

ozzman
07-08-09, 17:11
5GZlJr1c48k

Sj7UBgVVew8

Et52K3VOFQ4

]{eith
07-08-09, 17:22
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round

Love those songs. :cln:

Spong
07-08-09, 17:43
Blame my sister for (some of) these being in my head... :pi:

Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting
SDqMScqPaHQ

The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
BWP-AsG5DRk

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
oc-P8oDuS0Q

The Belle Stars - The Clapping Song
wfmpykW-IfY

Madness - House Of Fun
-QnBccG_ChI

Madness - Driving In My Car
fMBySC2Pwew

Chocola teapot
07-08-09, 17:46
Oh why, I'm too young to rememeber, well I do remember a few. :p

Hyper_Crazy
07-08-09, 22:43
Gary Numan - Cars
Ldyx3KHOFXw

digitizedboy
07-08-09, 23:08
nxHcx7FO8nI
RZ2oXzrnti4
FJc_q8eH2ng
r3fDXsPE0Sc
Z3MzqSoqzlM

Nannonxyay
07-08-09, 23:24
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwPhbsz-QKQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwPhbsz-QKQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
^I love this so much. <333

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDYTBoJkQSY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDYTBoJkQSY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
^Also, much love for this one. :)

And a list:
Don't You Want Me? - The Human League
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - Eurythmics
Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
Close To Me - The Cure
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Tonight, Tonight - The Smashing Pumpkins
1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins
Under The Bride - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Californication - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Lovefool - The Cardigans
Music Sounds Better With You - Starudst
Coffee & TV - Blur
Parklife - Blur

I probably have loads more.

Camera Obscura
07-08-09, 23:28
Can I go further back than the 80's?

M8BkkFJI910

6jPcpRrro0M

58CJih1iYC0

hfvJOL1gpic

okd3hLlvvLw

vc52Dpo8QQ8

lVjCUeglBsw

nEf_FGyRDV8

Okay, I'm probably pushing it with the youtube links so sorry about that folks. :o

Mokono
08-08-09, 04:45
sfK8uMzkIK4

Lara's Nemesis
08-08-09, 06:55
Was just watching some film when this 80s "classic" came on.:D

Falco "Rock me Amadeus" RIP:(

trOij8SPIAo

You can't have an 80's thread without Adam and the Ants.:mad::D

9nFXCwPlCg0

Total 80's tastic:p- Heaven 17 "Temptation"

Njh6paP3eyk

None of the above are my favourites but they are all 80's classics.:D

madtong
08-08-09, 07:02
The music of my life back in 1986 , when i was a tiny litlle boy with 11 years old...

u8zla30TCzw

Now i realize that this music is kind of stupid, that the guys that i used to tought to be so cool looks now like maricons but that guitar solo is still one of the bests i ever listen... :D

Lara's Nemesis
08-08-09, 07:10
:vlol: I've never hear the word maricons before. Poodle perms were never cool.:D

Shark_Blade
08-08-09, 07:34
Michael Jackson:

Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
Thriller

Mokono
08-08-09, 08:28
^ Indeed, i would just add Dirty Diana too... Perhaps i'll remove Bad or just place it below Dirty Diana... A personal oppinion though.

Reggie
08-08-09, 11:36
My favourites of the 80s
I'm a bit limited because I wasn't even born this decade but I'd happily listen to anything from Blondie, Queen, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Eurythmics.
And here's one of my favourite music videos from Madonna in this decade:
64gki9YsE3E

My favourites of the 90s
I grew up during this decade with my sister responsible for making me love 90s dance music so much but my tastes actually span most genres. Favourite artists/songs include Black Box (especially Ride on time...yes, its 1989 but its got a very 90s feel I think), Cher (Believe), 2Unlimited (No limits), The Cranberries, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Whigfield (Saturday Night), Madonna (Frozen), Michael Jackson (Earth Song), Ace of Base (generally good) , Corona (Rythm of the Night), Snap (Rythm is a dancer), Vengaboys (Going to Ibiza), Spice Girls (Wannabe), Bjork (Its oh so Quiet), S Club 7 (huge fan at the time), Celine Dion (The Power of Love), Annie Lennox (Walking on Broken Glass), Shania Twain (That don't impress me much), Aqua (generally good), Britney Spears (Baby one more time), Aerosmith (Don't wanna miss a thing), Alanis Morrissette (Ironic, Thank U, You Learn...very good artist), R.E.M. (Everybody Hurts), Eva Cassidy (Over the Rainbow) and Shakira (¿Dónde Estás Corazón? and Tu).
N7Tt8GjLwMg
OX7JQ5CCf-s
eUwTdqPkluY
qgE0W5G9FMI

My favourites of the 00s
Dido (Life for Rent, White Flag, Thank You), KT Tunstall (Suddenly I see), Katie Melua (Closest thing to Crazy), Adele (Chasing Pavements, Hometown Glory, Make you Feel my Love), Amy Winehouse (Rehab, Tears dry on their own, Valerie), Pink (Trouble and loads of others), Black Eyed Peas (Where is the love), Madonna (Die Another Day, Hung Up, Get Together), Kylie Minogue (Can't Get you of my Head), Shakira (Wherever Whenever, No, Objection (Tango)), Leona Lewis (Bleeding Love, Better in Time, Run), Alexandra Burke (Listen), The Ting Tings (That's not my name), Cascada (Everytime we Touch), Gnarls Barkley (Crazy), Corinne Bailey Rae (Put your records on), Scissor Sisters (Don't feel like dancing), Kelly Clarkson (Because of You), DJ Boulevard (Point of View), Beyonce (Single Ladies, Halo and her collab with Shakira), Britney Spears (Me Against the Music, Womanizer), Girls Aloud (Sound of the Underground, The Promise), Gwen Stefani (If was a rich girl), Evanescence (Going Under), Lily Allen (Not fair), The Corrs (90s/00s - good), Christina Aguilera (Dirty, Voice Within), Avril Lavigne (Complicated, Nobody's Home), Lady Gaga (Pokerface), Agnes (Release Me). That's about every artist/group I can think of from this decade that I really like. :p
And some videos out of this list:
-AGzLcEfsIc
0put0_a--Ng
OVNK_VDQY8I
3pdla7KWT2s

That's quite a lot of favourites! :p

Atlantisfreak666
08-08-09, 12:08
5PjUY8IXvnA
lzUat_wC6Ko
2OHPRtRWqWg
cznha2YTTh0

Lee croft
08-08-09, 12:09
girls aloud the promise inst retro

Reggie
08-08-09, 12:19
girls aloud the promise inst retro
Well early 2000s isn't retro at all IMO (and at a push, neither is the late 90s!) so I just thought to hell with trying to be retro about what I like and just put down my favourites across the three decades you've said we can talk about. If its that much of a problem, I can delete the whole 2000's list if you want?

Lee croft
08-08-09, 12:23
but the thread states early 2000's which is like 2000-2004

Reggie
08-08-09, 12:25
but the thread states early 2000's which is like 2000-2004
And that's not retro. Again, if its really have such a big problem with me going then I'm happy to just delete the whole 2000s list to save any confusion as I really don't feel like bickering over 'what is retro' or what's acceptable in this thread, I prefer to leave that stuff to the mods.

Kelly Craftman
08-08-09, 12:36
And that's not retro. Again, if its really have such a big problem with me going then I'm happy to just delete the whole 2000s list to save any confusion as I really don't feel like bickering over 'what is retro' or what's acceptable in this thread, I prefer to leave that stuff to the mods.

Retro is just another word to describe something like classic, or old. the younger generation think that the early 00's is Retro cause their fav bands or artist were around then. Hey Retro could be 2008

Reggie
08-08-09, 12:44
Retro is just another word to describe something like classic, or old. the younger generation think that the early 00's is Retro cause their fav bands or artist were around then. Hey Retro could be 2008
Exactly, retro is quite a hazy and subjective concept and I can see how its actually a very subjective thing! Which is why I didn't bother worrying too much about what's classed as retro within this decade (didn't even know there was such a thing until you and Lee Croft said so) and so just included everything from the 2000s instead.

madtong
09-08-09, 14:25
:vlol: I've never hear the word maricons before. Poodle perms were never cool.:D

Ask to a spanish speaker the meaning of the word maricón, he will tell you ...:tea:

MattTR
09-08-09, 15:58
Most of them were already named, but this will always make one of my top songs:

Naked Eyes - There's Always Something There To Remind Me

v2nUtpv0IAQ

A lot of memories, good and bad, and misses. :( :)

tampi
10-08-09, 12:00
Spanish music that I heard in those times:

Golpes Bajos - No Mires A Los Ojos De La Gente
XrSzXBtzBsY

Tequila - Las Chicas Son Guerreras
qnD72CrMxBw

Radio Futura - Escuela de calor
GYuwLyD2qJ4

Los Toreros Muertos - Mi agüita amarilla
qTq1i1SdH3o

Hombres G - Devuelveme A Mi Chica
Nk3PEEde2Yc

MECANO - ME CUESTA TANTO OLVIDARTE
Ml5YqmmfX4c

La orquesta Mondragón, Glutamato ye-ye, La Unión, Tino Casal, Olé Olé, Ejecutivos agresivos, Objetivo Birmania....

Also:

CHRISTOPHER CROSS - SAILING
UQeqmNbA2Hs

Bob Marley music like:
JLYOOezs3DA

Cat Stevens, Murray Head, Madness, Stevie Wonder (the secret life of plants, superstition,...) - Superwoman
A2lNf2WHxeI

George Benson - On Broadway
voNjeUUcdSo

Simply Red - The Right Thing
jLTJ5ktfyw8

Excellent: Lou Reed - A Walk On The Wild Side
WZ88oTITMoM

Tons of them, all kind of music less rock or heavy, well inclusive that, Ted Nugent some strange version, Boney M. too,.... lol

:whi::o:)

Noodleboy
10-08-09, 12:29
Heart of Glass by Blondie :)

SObti-rcOWY