PDA

View Full Version : A crazy theory of mine

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 12:31
Don't start giving me loads of abuse, but after the unexplained death of 2 of my chinchillas i said to my mum 'why are we here?' and she said 'to suffer'.
Have you ever noticed humans as a whole have no objective in life. Yeah, have a family, gain skills, find a profession; but why?
Maybe there is more than one god. Maybe the gods each have a planet like ours to control, to show off to each other; to go 'hey! look my people made an unsinkable ship! oh.... oh wait it sunk and over 1500 of the poor buggers died'. Is it all fun and interesting to them to watch us?
Ever noticed how some things are unexplainable?

Have you ever noticed that we are built to do anything? to live in whatever condition our god throws at us, if he truly does exist. we have teeth to eat anything, limbs to climb, swim, dig, kill. Think, dinosaurs. They were the ultimate living creature millena back. They were built to do almost anything too, except... they didnt have a large brain like us. God thinks, 'hmmm well they didn't survive too long, my new super being needs a large brain relavent to body size in order to survive another asteriod collision'.

Our brains are evolving to become larger, just in time for the age of pisces to end. We are swiftlly moving into another age - a hot one? is that why we're becoming less hairy? more intelligent? Is that why global warming is happening?

The bible says we are here to look after the l.ife on this planet - the animals and plants. So what happens if we eat those animals? He punishes us? How? With an uncurable disease called cancer, thats how.

Maybe putting his only son on the newly made planet was a test, to see how his new creations would react. What happened? Jealously, betrayal and death. Maybe Jesus tried to warn us, but God reclaimed him.
As a punishment we now have to watch our loved ones die like God have to endure, our pets, our friends, our family.

It's like that Nickelback song - 'believe it or not, most of us wanna know why we're here'.

It's because we're catching on, we know something is up.

Why are we here? Discuss.

EDIT: heres a story which also explains - http://www.josiesdragonfly.org/dragonflytale.php

go to the first page.

2nd EDIT: I now think life is a test to determine who is good and bad, the good go to a better life, the bad re-take the test.

Spong
07-08-09, 12:34
In my opinion we're here to do nothing more than breed. We're animals and the continuation of our species is our only true purpose.

:wve:

Lee croft
07-08-09, 12:37
i have thought about this and have come to an conclusion (which im not going to discuss)

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 12:37
i have thought about this and have come to an conclusion (which im not going to discuss)

why?

Lee croft
07-08-09, 12:47
why?

personal reasons :)

Nannonxyay
07-08-09, 12:52
I heard this interesting theory that somebody believed the world was just a figment of one being's imagination and that we're all not real. That's a bit daunting for me to think about.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 12:54
well think, my uncle died on the operating table and saw my grandma, telling him it wasnt his time to die, to go back. Maybe theres a happier world?
Maybe we suffer before we live properly. We rot in the ground, but to speak she would need vocal chords? I heard other such cases.:confused:

Spong
07-08-09, 12:54
I heard this interesting theory that somebody believed the world was just a figment of one being's imagination and that we're all not real. That's a bit daunting for me to think about.

Or that we're all nothing but batteries living out a make believe life created by machines. I think there were three documentaries released at the theatre about that.

:D

Rivendell
07-08-09, 12:57
^ :D

A favourite of mine is that we're simply miniscule organisms living on part of a cell structure that is moving around in something else's bloodstream - and they're a being living on another incomprehensibly big planet, as part of a cell structure, in something ELSE'S bloodstream.. etc, etc..

irjudd
07-08-09, 12:58
Or that we're all nothing but batteries living out a make believe life created by machines. I think there were three documentaries released at the theatre about that.

:D
Sounds like we need someone to help us out from that hmm? :cool:

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 12:59
no but really what does everyone think.

Spong
07-08-09, 13:00
Sounds like we need someone to help us out from that hmm? :cool:

Quick! Someone call Morpheus!

irjudd
07-08-09, 13:01
no but really what does everyone think.I think that if you have 2 people tell you the real reason behind all of this suffering, you'll have 4 people stand up and say they're delusional.

Dark One
07-08-09, 13:01
In my opinion we're here to do nothing more than breed. We're animals and the continuation of our species is our only true purpose.

That's rather depressing.

Drone
07-08-09, 13:03
the meaning of the life is life itself. some people take it as the primary goal, for others it's just another meaninglessness :wve:

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 13:03

Exactly. It's all confusing. Does anyone agree with me?

MariahCroft
07-08-09, 13:05
Drugs, Sex and Rock n Roll.

Spong
07-08-09, 13:07

Depressing if you take it literally. Luckily we have plenty of other things these days to keep us occupied :D

TRhalloween
07-08-09, 13:09
Loads of my beliefs are depressing.
I don't just believe what I want to.

john_york
07-08-09, 13:10
We're here because of a massive number of cosmic improbabilities happened to be true. A happy accident (or, more accurately, a string of hundreds of millions of happy accidents). There's no purpose for our existence. No point being sad about it - that's the way it is. Accept it, move on, and enjoy the time you've got :D

Spong
07-08-09, 13:11
There's no purpose for our existence. No point being sad about it - that's the way it is. Accept it, move on, and enjoy the time you've got :D

Amen to that! :tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 13:12
last night i cried myself to sleep because i dont see a point in living, ahead i only see pain. My mum is the same. We're very depressed. I begged for a reason to life. This morning I was given it. My belief is - we are here to suffer, to divide the good natured people from bad, the good live in a happier life after death and the bad re-live this life.

irjudd
07-08-09, 13:13
last night i cried myself to sleep because i dont see a point in living, ahead i only see pain. My mum is the same. We're very depressed. I begged for a reason to life. This morning I was given it. My belief is - we are here to suffer, to divide the good natured people from bad, the good live in a happier life after death and the bad re-live this life.
Are you saying you think you were bad in a past life, so you suffer now?

adventurerLara
07-08-09, 13:15
What is the point of anything? The human race just exists for the sake of existing along with every other organism in the solar system. The point of life is to reproduce and keep the species going for the longest amount of time as we can. All in all, its a hard thing to get your head around.

CrypticDream
I like hayley's theory. Especially the part of the incurable illness of cancer. I think it's rathr logical.. though I don't know about the Gods having a fight between their planets..
well think, my uncle died on the operating
table and saw my grandma, telling him it wasnt his time to die, to go back. Maybe theres a happier world?
Maybe we suffer before we live properly. We rot in the ground, but to speak she would need vocal chords? I heard other such cases.:confused:
I'll share a story with you.. My nan took a tablet which she was really allergic to, though she didn't know.. In the end it was killing her withing two minutes. She lived - luckily.. and she told me this thing..
She was floating through a very light tunnel, she said it was really pretty. She said everything felt right... Just floating through a tunnel, peacefully. But then suddenly, the tunnel was being banged on... really loud. It was the doctor banging her chest to try and make her come back alive.
Maybe it was a pathway to another world...

xXhayleyroxXx
Are you saying you think you were bad in a past life, so you suffer now?

no im saying we live now to suffer and for whoever is observing us up there to determine who is good and bad, and then if you're good you are re-born into a good life, maybe not reborn but your soul. If you're bad you live this test again.

irjudd
07-08-09, 13:17
no im saying we live now to suffer and for whoever is observing us up there to determine who is good and bad, and then if you're good you are re-born into a good life, maybe not reborn but your soul. If you're bad you live this test again.
Ok I understand. What are you basing this idea on? Anything in particular?

xXhayleyroxXx
I like hayley's theory. Especially the part of the incurable illness of cancer. I think it's rathr logical.. though I don't know about the Gods having a fight between their planets..

I'll share a story with you.. My nan took a tablet which she was really allergic to, though she didn't know.. In the end it was killing her withing two minutes. She lived - luckily.. and she told me this thing..
She was floating through a very light tunnel, she said it was really pretty. She said everything felt right... Just floating through a tunnel, peacefully. But then suddenly, the tunnel was being banged on... really loud. It was the doctor banging her chest to try and make her come back alive.
Maybe it was a pathway to another world...

i completely agree, i think heaven is a better life, this life is a test. i think maybe my first theory is wrong. iv decided my belief :)

]{eith
The meaning of life? No idea. And to be honest, I don't really care. People have spent ages trying to answer that question - I know I'm not going to so I'm not going to worry about it. Life's too short so I'm just going to make sure I have fun while I'm here. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 13:18
Ok I understand. What are you basing this idea on? Anything in particular?

no it just came to me.

CrypticDream
07-08-09, 13:19
i completely agree, i think heaven is a better life, this life is a test. i think maybe my first theory is wrong. iv decided my belief :)

But then there's the theory of reincarnation...

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 13:20
But then there's the theory of reincarnation...

well have u ever noticed people on the streets and u think 'hey i know tht person, but... i cant'

maybe these are the bad people re-taking the test of life.

Lara Fan 4Life
07-08-09, 13:22
I like your theory, Hayley! :tmb: I feel we suffer in this life, so we can live a better life in Heaven.

CrypticDream
^ HALEY: how do you mean? :o

xXhayleyroxXx
I like your theory, Hayley! :tmb: I feel we suffer in this life, so we can live a better life in Heaven.

at least its something to live for now. :hug:

EDIT:@CrypticDream well i think this life is a test to determine who has the right to continue onto a better life. The test to show good and bad qualities in people. People with bad qualities can not go on to the better life as it would not make the life better. Do you get me?

irjudd
07-08-09, 13:28
I think we suffer due to time, unforeseen occurrence and misfortune. I'd find it depressing to think that a higher power I'm supposed to love and respect would put such unloving tests upon us.

Spong
07-08-09, 13:32
Suffering and pain is a part of life. It makes us appreciate the happy times that much more :). You can't have one without the other, as cliché as it sounds.

Nannonxyay
07-08-09, 13:46
Life is one big empty black abys of nothingess. We have no reason but to be mindless drones and carbon copies of eachother. I refuse to be a carbon copy and I will conform by wearing nothing but black and use my angst out on myself until I feel the sweet relief of death and my empty shell gets eaten by worms. [/emo mode]

Well that last bit I believe in. I try to live a happy life though and don't want to die too early... :) I think when we die it's just like before we were born. We just don't exist.

Mad Tony
07-08-09, 14:17
^ :D

A favourite of mine is that we're simply miniscule organisms living on part of a cell structure that is moving around in something else's bloodstream - and they're a being living on another incomprehensibly big planet, as part of a cell structure, in something ELSE'S bloodstream.. etc, etc..You mean like this? :D

http://www.videosift.com/video/Powers-of-ten-Simpsons-version

lararoxs
07-08-09, 14:17
I think that the only logical reason for us to be here is, like Spong said, to breed. The fact that humans have evolved enough and the population has developed into what it is today, humans have decided to think that there must be more to life than just being around to breed, but the fact of the matter is that there isn't, so people began to do their own thing, get jobs, build things, began to do things of importance and significance. Shaping the world to what it is now.

If we aren't here to breed then why was there Adam AND Eve?

Nannonxyay
07-08-09, 14:22
I choose not to breed.

lararoxs
07-08-09, 14:26
I choose not to breed.

That's a very mature decision!:tmb:

vega82
07-08-09, 16:16
Wow, very interesting theories you have Hayley! I like them a lot!

It would be really long to explain here my own theories (they are kinda weird btw xD), of why we are here, but to make it as short as possible:
I believe that we are here to ask "why we are here?", then to search inside ourselves for an answer, and to find the answer and live in happiness until our natural deaths in this plane of reality. If you want an even shorter answer: to live in happiness (and to make others lives happy when possible).

robm_2007
07-08-09, 16:23
well, i dont think that God sends us obstacles and such at us to see how we would react, since He's God, and already knows what we would do; He doesnt need to see for Himself.

i think that we are here to figure out for ourselves, why we are here, as an individual.

and of course to keep the human race going.

Qualopek
07-08-09, 18:18
{eith;3902491']The meaning of life? No idea. And to be honest, I don't really care. People have spent ages trying to answer that question - I know I'm not going to so I'm not going to worry about it. Life's too short so I'm just going to make sure I have fun while I'm here. :)

This.

Naturally I'd want to to learn as much as I can about the world, but this, along with a couple other things about life, I'd prefer to stay ignorant about given the opportunity. I don't need to know why we're here, I'm just going to milk all the fun stuff I can out of life while I'm here. There's no need to be pessimistic about why we are here, just have an optimistic outlook and have fun.

Punaxe
07-08-09, 19:15
I think it takes a special kind of person to want a purpose being given to them rather than deciding their own purpose. xXhayleyroxXx, I'm happy you found something to live for, but I would have asked a different question. Not "why are we here?" - because for all we know, there is no (positive) answer to this. Rather, I would think to myself, "here I am, being alive in this comparably wonderful timeframe - being lucky to be living at all - what can I do to make the best of my time here?"

You said that it made both you and your mother depressed that there is no grand purpose of all life. Even if you have an answer for yourself, do you think you will always be sure that that is the real answer? Mankind throughout its entire history never agreed on an answer. If you have an answer for yourself to the question I would ask myself, you wouldn't even need that answer. You simply need to live.