PDA

View Full Version : If Given The Chance Of Immortality, Would You Take It?

TR love
07-08-09, 14:15
As the title reads, would you live forever if you could? Why? Why not? :confused:

Croft, Lara
07-08-09, 14:18
No. You may live forever but the people around you don't. You'd be surrounded by constant loss. And what about when man dies out? You'd just be lonely forever.

Catracoth
07-08-09, 14:19
Croft, Lara pretty much summed up my opinion.

thecentaur
07-08-09, 14:20
Okay, after the first, say, few hundred years, everything's still fine and well. You've seen a few generations of people live and die, and had this happen to your family. Oh well, they were likely douches you could live without anyway at some points. Companionship is companionship, or so you think.
Not so fast: You know how when you were younger (by human terms, a child), an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like a tape on fast-forward.

Let's keep going into the future, since you're a sociopathic recluse and think you're still okay with this whole immortality thing. There are so many things that could go wrong with the planet, an asteroid strike, nuclear war, the LHC, but let's assume the planet somehow makes it through all that without being reduced to dust.
Five billion years from now or so, the Sun expands into a red giant. You survive the first roasting, but nothing else does. The Sun eventually rips planet Earth into rubble with gravity. So now there you are floating in outer space, drifting along, or getting a *****ing tan at the heart of the Sun so you can pick up some killer alien chicks in the Andromeda galaxy if you ever get there (you won't).

Either way, a few trillion years later, the universe starts to really show its entropy. Every where is the same. No stars, no planets, no black holes, just an empty, cold mass of subatomic particles that can never come together again. And you, floating along in the void. Forever.
Quoted from cracked.

here: click here (http://www.cracked.com/article_17185_7-awesome-super-powers-ruined-by-science.html)

so pretty much, I say no to immortality because I want to have friends and celebrate a fruitful life.

Mad Tony
07-08-09, 14:21
Depends really. If you could choose to die at anytime and were indestructible at the same time? Hell yes. :D Otherwise, no.

adventurerLara
07-08-09, 14:21
No. What is the point of living when everyone you love and respect dies, and everything you live for surpasses it's time?

Kelly Craftman
07-08-09, 14:22
Why would anyone want to live forever, you see you friends die, and maybe your kids (if you have any) and whats left is just you, yeah you could make new friends and make a new family, but its just a circle it keeps coming back to the same thing

Aurelien52
I would take it :)

I could spent all days in bed ! :D

Admles
Depends really. If you could choose to die at anytime and were indestructible at the same time? Hell yes. :D Otherwise, no.
Indestructable and Immortal are two different things.

Immortal simply means you don't die with the passage of time - you won't die of old age. You can be killed, injured etc.

Indestructable is exactly that - nothing can harm you - but you may still die of old age.

That said........ hmmmmmm.................. I could handle the immortality thing.

Mad Tony
07-08-09, 14:26
Indestructable and Immortal are two different things.

Immortal simply means you don't die with the passage of time - you won't die of old age. You can be killed, injured etc.

Indestructable is exactly that - nothing can harm you - but you may still die of old age.

That said........ hmmmmmm.................. I could handle the immortality thing.Yeah, I know. However, if we're talking immortality in the strictest sense (e.g. only wont die of old age) then what would be so bad about it? You can always die whenever you pleased through other means.

TR love
07-08-09, 14:29
See! no one wants it!

It always confuses me when movies are all about GAINING PRECIOUS IMMORTALITY while i sit and think "why?

Marianna12
07-08-09, 14:31
No. You may live forever but the people around you don't. You'd be surrounded by constant loss. And what about when man dies out? You'd just be lonely forever.

This!:tmb:

LaraCroftRox
07-08-09, 14:32
TBH, I probably would.

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 14:33
I would take it if I would stay young http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/Myobi42/smug.jpg

EgyptianSoul
07-08-09, 14:35
I wouldn't take immortality if it was offered.

50-60 years of life is more than enough. Hoping to kick the bucket before I get too old and sick anyways.

Catapharact
07-08-09, 14:36
Offcourse your average mindset would say that immortality means little to them since they really have nothing much to live for in this world then living out their life and have little to no goals for their community or for the world.

Some one who has the power to invoke change on a local or even global scale would want the power of immortality which would allow them to fulfill their given task that might require time that spans beyond just one life time.

Its easy to say that one doesn't want to be immortal if one doesn't have anyone else to live for but him/her self.

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 14:39

50-60 years of life is more than enough. Hoping to kick the bucket before I get too old and sick anyways.

Yeah me too but I would take immortality if I wouldn't age :mis:

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-08-09, 14:39
No. Why would I want to live forever in such a flawed place when I can live forever in perfection?

I'm enjoying this imperfect life while is last, but there's a much better place for me after this life is over, and that's where the fun begins. :cool:

Catracoth
07-08-09, 14:40
Tuck Everlasting, anyone?

EgyptianSoul
07-08-09, 14:41
Yeah me too but I would take immortality if I wouldn't age :mis:

Even if immortality came packed with eternal youth, I wouldn't take it. Life isn't so great I'd want to stick around always.

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 14:46
Even if immortality came packed with eternal youth, I wouldn't take it. Life isn't so great I'd want to stick around always.

Yeah that's true, unfortunately but life's weird, you never know when it can change from awful to great and happiness doesn't come to you...you have to chase it down with a stick :pi:

TRfan9294
07-08-09, 14:48

That's true, the world has so much problems why stick around.

Catapharact
07-08-09, 14:49
That's true, the world has so much problems why stick around.

Quitters...

irjudd
07-08-09, 14:55
Totally depends on the context. Immortal in this messed up system of things? No. Immortal in a perfect world with no suffering or loss? Yes.

Drone
07-08-09, 14:59
I don't need it, my soul is immortal. I don't give a **** about the rest :wve:

irjudd
07-08-09, 15:01
What's cool, is if you're proven wrong about that, you won't know about it.

da tomb raider!
07-08-09, 15:01

Same here. :D

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 15:02
No. Why would I want to live forever in such a flawed place when I can live forever in perfection?

I'm enjoying this imperfect life while is last, but there's a much better place for me after this life is over, and that's where the fun begins. :cool:

And what if the "better place" doesn't exist? Or what if you don't go there? Then what?

Drone
07-08-09, 15:03
What's cool, is if you're proven wrong about that, you won't know about it.

I know that I'm right. But if I won't know about it why should I care anyway as Epicurus said

young Lara Croft
07-08-09, 15:11
No way! I like my mortal state! I wish I could escape my shell from time to time to travel though :)

CerebralAssassin
07-08-09, 15:23
hell yeah!!I could leave Earth when the technology is advanced enough...I can explore strange new worlds...:D

peeves
07-08-09, 15:28
For me I'd say no. Immortality is pointless especially if you're alive and suffering and wanting to be dead to stop the suffer.

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-08-09, 15:33

Right on :tmb:

And what if the "better place" doesn't exist? Or what if you don't go there? Then what?

It does exist, and I'm not worried. ;)

Tidus
07-08-09, 15:35
It's a difficult question to honestly answer. If given the chance, I'd have to think about it.

In the end, I'd say yes. I want to watch human civilization grow and evolve, I'm very interested in seeing where we are heading as a species and as a civilization. However, I would take it on the stipulation that if I will be able to do by my own choosing if and when I decide to.

]{eith
07-08-09, 15:39
It's very tempting. To think of all you could see and learn. Future civilisations, how communities all over the world change, it certainly is very tempting. Of course the downside is that everyone you love will die which is sad but then death shouldn't be a way out of suffering from other people dying. Anyway, I'd have to think about it. I'd probably not - although if I had the option to end my immortality whenever I wanted...

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 15:40
It does exist, and I'm not worried. ;)

Good for you :tmb:

{eith;3902889']It's very tempting. To think of all you could see and learn. Future civilisations, how communities all over the world change, it certainly is very tempting. Of course the downside is that everyone you love will die which is sad but then death shouldn't be a way out of suffering from other people dying. Anyway, I'd have to think about it. I'd probably not - although if I had the option to end my immortality whenever I wanted...

That's how I think about it....think of all you could see and learn and experience!

irjudd
07-08-09, 15:41
It's good to be confident in what you believe, but it's also good to be open to correction if it became necessary.

]{eith
07-08-09, 15:43
Unless of course it's like Death Becomes Her, where you're immortal but your body isn't quite. I don't want to shatter into a million pieces trying to get down a stairs! :p

Psychos'Я'Us
07-08-09, 15:44
Lmfao me neither ::o That would suck :(

Drone
07-08-09, 15:58
It's good to be confident in what you believe, but it's also good to be open to correction if it became necessary.

correction? who will give the right correction? you?

I'm pretty content with my belief in God :wve:

jackles
07-08-09, 15:59

You won't be saying that when you get to my age!!!

Now this immortality business.....do I get to wind back time and be immortal as a ...oooh lets say 25 year old???? Because I don't fancy being a immortal senile person because that would suck.

Seriously ....it would be a no.

irjudd
07-08-09, 15:59
correction? who will give the right correction? you?

I'm pretty content with my belief in God :wve:

I hope it wouldn't be me. That's quite a responsibility to carry out. Thanks for the compliment though.:wve:

xXhayleyroxXx
07-08-09, 16:00
nope i wouldn't

Drone
07-08-09, 16:01
I hope it wouldn't be me. That's quite a responsibility to carry out. Thanks for the compliment though.:wve:

it wasn't a compliment. Everything but belief in God can be corrected, there is no need to correct the God. He knows better.

Whatever correction you might give, can be corrected aswel :wve:

irjudd
07-08-09, 16:07
it wasn't a compliment. Everything but belief in God can be corrected, there is no need to correct the God. He knows better.

Whatever correction you might give, can be corrected aswel :wve:
I wouldn't dream of correcting the God. His purpose doesn't change after all. :wve:

]{eith
07-08-09, 16:11
Seriously ....it would be a no.

You're just saying that because you wouldn't want to be moderating here for all eternity. :p

tomblover
07-08-09, 16:23
Well, if I could be immortal for, not forever, but until I choose to die. :)

jackles
07-08-09, 16:26
{eith;3902961']You're just saying that because you wouldn't want to be moderating here for all eternity. :p

*tries to imagine threads*

The offical Britney Spears great great granddaughter thread.

The God thread (well that one will still be going strong)

;)

Drone
07-08-09, 16:27

;)

my offspring are to post there :wve:

Laras shadow
07-08-09, 16:29
erm..... no because the all the people i love would die... but maybe coz i think it would be interesting to see how the world changes and if tomb raider lasts:ton:

tombraiderluka
07-08-09, 16:30
erm..... no because the all the people i love would die... but maybe coz i think it would be interesting to see how the world changes and if tomb raider lasts:ton:
If I wasn't the only one who got that chance then I'd probably accept it. It wouldn't be fair..

VictorXD
07-08-09, 16:31
Never, I can't the pain of ppl I love die:(

robm_2007
07-08-09, 16:31
i would never want to be immortal. maybe if it was to live 100 years older, then yes. i would love to see what the world is like in 100 years; like the technology, the government, are there any aliens, etc. thats why ive always wanted to be cryogenically frozen, but not until scientists have figured out how to revive the person, but i digress.

i wouldnt want to live forever, because in the end, we all want to see what the afterlife is like, and you cant see the afterlife, if you will never die.

Lara Croft!
07-08-09, 16:37
Only if I could share it with the ones I care about and if it were reversible.

Sir Croft
07-08-09, 16:43

:tmb:
I'd probably choose to die when all my friends and family died.

ajrich17901
07-08-09, 16:59
Nope, its a double edge sword, seeing the ones you love die whyll you carry on. Not something Id ever wanna deal with.

Encore
07-08-09, 17:28
I think it's kinda depressing to see the world get worst and worst by the decade. :p

Super Badnik
07-08-09, 17:32
No. You may live forever but the people around you don't. You'd be surrounded by constant loss. And what about when man dies out? You'd just be lonely forever.This. Plus living forever just isn't supposed to be.

just croft
07-08-09, 17:33
*tries to imagine threads*

The offical Britney Spears great great granddaughter thread.

;)

*cough*

Erm... The god Debate....

*cough*

I really have no idea unless I actually had it in my hands. Never thought about it to be honest, but then again why should I?

Chocola teapot
07-08-09, 17:35
Yes, I do. There are things that I will never get to see, ever and the only thing stopping me is that... I am human.
Bring on a youthful Immortality.

jackles
07-08-09, 17:50
*cough*

Erm... The god Debate....

*cough*

I really have no idea unless I actually had it in my hands. Never thought about it to be honest, but then again why should I?

I was referring to the many 'God' threads we have had over the years.......and the many many many more we will have......;) A generic God thread if you will.

Mokono
07-08-09, 17:57
Nope...

Just seeing the ":wve:" smiley waving it's evil hand forever gives me the creeps.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/sircroft/Untitled-1.gif

just croft
07-08-09, 18:20
I was referring to the many 'God' threads we have had over the years.......and the many many many more we will have......;) A generic God thread if you will.

Sorry didn't know that.

EmeraldFields
07-08-09, 18:29
{eith;3902889']It's very tempting. To think of all you could see and learn. Future civilisations, how communities all over the world change, it certainly is very tempting. Of course the downside is that everyone you love will die which is sad but then death shouldn't be a way out of suffering from other people dying. Anyway, I'd have to think about it. I'd probably not - although if I had the option to end my immortality whenever I wanted...

This. :tmb:

Legend 4ever
07-08-09, 18:33
Tuck Everlasting, anyone?

God I love that book. And the movie!

-----------------------------------------

Am I the only one who would want to be immortal under ANY circumstances? I really would. I would have time to do everything I want and believe me it would take ages for me to be satisfied. So, yeah, I would like to be immortal.

January_Snow*
07-08-09, 18:35
It is tempting, to live the future, new technology the new world, but I would have to say no...like people here stated, in future the sun will just cool of, everything will die...meh, just not worth it...

Punaxe
07-08-09, 19:01
If we're talking about immortality solely as in not being crippled by the passing of time - then yes, definitely. Think of all the things you can do and achieve if you had so much time!

But if we're talking about immortality in the sense of totally incapable of dying at all, then I'd probably pass.

TombRaiderCool
07-08-09, 19:13

Pretty much this, although like Mad Tony said I would consider it if you could choose to end it whenever you like. :)

Mad Tony
07-08-09, 19:34
I think it's kinda depressing to see the world get worst and worst by the decade. :pBut is it getting worse though?

TRhalloween
07-08-09, 19:39
I think it's kinda depressing to see the world get worst and worst by the decade. :p

Yeah, don't you just miss the plague and witch trials? :(

Lee croft
07-08-09, 19:43
Its easy to say that one doesn't want to be immortal if one doesn't have anyone else to live for but him/her self.

But thats the thing what if you take the offer and later on in life fall in love then you have to wacth them die no thank you!!!

its something you would have to consider if the oppertunity ever came up (which is highly unlikely)

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-08-09, 19:45

Yeah, it sure is. No sign of improvement, either. :vlol:

Rai
07-08-09, 19:49
I don't think I'd want to be immortal - not unless everyone I love can be too. Then we'd probably drive each other nuts so on second thought...:whi:

Catapharact
07-08-09, 19:49
But thats the thing what if you take the offer and later on in life fall in love then you have to wacth them die no thank you!!!

its something you would have to consider if the oppertunity ever came up (which is highly unlikely)

Yes it will hurt and it will be painful beyond belief (almost to the point where I would just wish for death myself) but I would want to live on for a purpose I committed myself for her; One of them being improving the social liberties of women in my particular country.

I know its not going to happen in my life time so it would be quite a gift to be immortal so I can live long enough to actually see to it that change happens.

I know she would choose the same in my place.

Lee croft
07-08-09, 19:52
Yes it will hurt and it would be painful beyond belief (almost to the point where I would jsut wish for death myself) but I would want to live on for a purpose I committed myself for her; One of them being improving the social liberties of women in my particular country.

I know its not going to happen in my life time so it would be quite a gift to be immortal so I can live long enough to actually see to it that change happens.

I know she would choose the same in my place.

fair enough :)

jackles
07-08-09, 20:24
Sorry didn't know that.

No worries...I could have made it plainer.... :)

Now...if I was immortal can I have super powers too? ;)

TRfan23
07-08-09, 20:55
Personally no, as when you reach the age of 16 life gets dull until you get a job... But then that can get boring... Unless if I can stay about 11 years old forever :)

Now...if I was immortal can I have super powers too? ;)

Like him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0)? :D

LaraLuvrrr
07-08-09, 20:57
I once posted on a similar thread that I would want immortality. But I've changed my mind. You would be trapped on this soil and it goes against the laws of nature. I would only do it if I were willing to permanently sacrifice my soul for a cause.

CerebralAssassin
07-08-09, 21:11
people with a strong sense of purpose in life should choose the immortality option.sure,people will be dying around you and all,but.... does this not happen during our lifetimes anyway?do we kill ourselves because of this?no...we learn to deal with it and move on.

just think of what can be done in the way of understanding our universe better...if guys like Newton or Einstein were immortal lol!:p

I'm sure there's an afterlife...but it might be a ****ty one for all we know...why take unnecessary risks?:p

jackles
07-08-09, 21:14
Like him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0)? :D

only if I can be as cute..............:cln:

digitizedboy
07-08-09, 21:27
Hell no, it's a terrible world and I'm counting on there being something better. Maybe all the mysteries of life and the universe will become more apparent after death.

AmericanAssassin
07-08-09, 21:28
I'm not sure. Maybe. If this involved being a vampire, yes. :whi: If I have to live my current life, maybe not. I don't know. :p

Encore
07-08-09, 21:30
But is it getting worse though?

Yeah, don't you just miss the plague and witch trials? :(

Yeah, it sure is. No sign of improvement, either. :vlol:

OK smart asses. I obviously didn't mean "getting worst than the wonderful world we had 200 years ago". I meant, getting worst than what it is now. It might happen and it would be horrible to witness it. Example: if climate change really is happening, what kind of disasters would we witness in the future? If a huge number of species becomes extinct, if a nuclear war happens, etc. etc. etc. Hell, a Terminator or 1984 or Mad Max scenario could happen. :p

Just remember that we have the technology to make the most horrible dystopias come true and next to them the middle ages could sound like a walk in the park.

Yes, I'm pessimist. :wve:

CerebralAssassin
07-08-09, 21:36
^lol!!I believe MT was making fun of your spelling!!:pabout the other 2..... I have no clue!!:pi:

TRhalloween
07-08-09, 21:41
OK smart asses. I obviously didn't mean "getting worst than the wonderful world we had 200 years ago". I meant, getting worst than what it is now. It might happen and it would be horrible to witness it. Example: if climate change really is happening, what kind of disasters would we witness in the future? If a huge number of species becomes extinct, if a nuclear war happens, etc. etc. etc. Hell, a Terminator or 1984 or Mad Max scenario could happen. :p

Just remember that we have the technology to make the most horrible dystopias come true and next to them the middle ages could sound like a walk in the park.

:ohn: I don't like it when people rag on the naughties. I actually look forward to a series of terminators roaming the earth - sounds awesome :cool:

takamotosan
07-08-09, 21:52
No, thanks. What fun would life be if it didn't end? ;)

Squibbly
07-08-09, 21:58
I would not choose immortality.

I don't want to know what it feels like to watch every last one of my close friends and family that I care about die.

I also don't want to know what the world is going to be like far in the future. I can only predict things getting worse and worse as the years go by.

Tombraiderx08
07-08-09, 22:04
I have enough suffering going on in one lifetime, living forever, eh. no thanks.

Encore
07-08-09, 22:27
:ohn: I don't like it when people rag on the naughties. I actually look forward to a series of terminators roaming the earth - sounds awesome :cool:

:vlol:

Mad Tony
07-08-09, 22:38
^lol!!I believe MT was making fun of your spelling!!:pabout the other 2..... I have no clue!!:pi:I wasn't at all actually. :p What gave you that idea?

Yes, I'm pessimist. :wve:Every generation has had global challenges. We as a species have always pulled through. You make a good point about having the technology to make the most horrible dystopia's come true, but at the same time we have the technology to make good scenarios happen too.

The only global problem that keeps me up at night is peak oil. But then again, humanity has faced many challenges in its history and peak oil is just one of them.

Eugh, Peak Oil. Fills me with fear just thinking about it.

Catapharact
07-08-09, 23:06
Example: if climate change really is happening, what kind of disasters would we witness in the future? If a huge number of species becomes extinct, if a nuclear war happens, etc. etc. etc. Hell, a Terminator or 1984 or Mad Max scenario could happen. :p

What if all of that happens, and then THIS happens (just take the setting into mind only) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appleseed_(film)

woody543
07-08-09, 23:29
I would yes, I long to see what will happen...

And can't think of any reason at this moment in time, which would cause me to say no.

xaider
07-08-09, 23:30
why not??:jmp:

scoopy_loopy
07-08-09, 23:48
Immortality? Yes, please - where do I sign up?

knightgames
08-08-09, 00:14
Offcourse your average mindset would say that immortality means little to them since they really have nothing much to live for in this world then living out their life and have little to no goals for their community or for the world.

Some one who has the power to invoke change on a local or even global scale would want the power of immortality which would allow them to fulfill their given task that might require time that spans beyond just one life time.

I agree. Imagine the change you could make. Your personal experiences could shape the future through warning and admonision. Your wisdom can lead nations toward peace and prosperity.

just croft
08-08-09, 00:29

Who says we don't already? I hope the camera doesn't see me in the angle:pi:

:yah: Great! :hug:

larafan25
08-08-09, 00:32
mmmm....I say no...for reasons people have already state:)

vega82
08-08-09, 00:56
No thanks.

erosan
08-08-09, 01:21
If I also had the chance of ending it then yes. I think I'd like to see how the world looks like in 100 years. Would life become better, or are we actually killing ourselves?
What happens after death is also appealing to know.

Twilight
08-08-09, 10:07
Hmm, the whole "constantly losing loved ones" sounds bad. What if me and a lover were both immortal? Then it'd never be lonely.

Johnnay
08-08-09, 10:11
No and..........No

Croft, Lara
08-08-09, 10:14
Immortality has it's price, but what are a few lives to sacrifice for your dreams.....

:p

rowanlim
08-08-09, 10:43
I would like to be immortal.

There's so much I want to do & learn in this world, maybe I could have a chance to create/improve something in the future :)

Kiss-Bite
08-08-09, 10:57
I did take it!:D

Ikas90
08-08-09, 11:37
I'd be invincible from everything other than old age. :p That would be the only thing that could kill me.

CrypticDream
08-08-09, 11:42
I'd be invincible from everything other than old age. :p That would be the only thing that could kill me.
Yeah, that's my ideal self. :)

Encore
08-08-09, 14:34
:yah: Great! :hug:

That made me lol!! :vlol: I didn't know it was such a good thing!

Hmm, the whole "constantly losing loved ones" sounds bad. What if me and a lover were both immortal? Then it'd never be lonely.

But you'd probably get sick of your lover after such a long time! :o

just croft
08-08-09, 14:36
That made me lol!! :vlol: I didn't know it was such a good thing!

There's a lower chance of getting so ****ed when bad things happen if you're already counting on them. :p

irishhips
08-08-09, 14:40
I wouldn't live forever but want to be something like Wolverine where you killed from anything.

Alex Fly
08-08-09, 14:41
I'd definitely take this opportunity. ;)

SamReeves
08-08-09, 15:41
Nope, once around is enough for me!

Drone
08-08-09, 15:57
Nope, once around is enough for me!

of course, there won't be such chicks as Alley or Aria around then!

J/K, great answer Sir :)

MiCkiZ88
08-08-09, 16:41
I've actually been thinking about it ever since I've seen documents about slowing down the aging and perhaps even reaching the so called immortality (no aging, no diseases).. but what kind of chaos would that bring? Most likely fights between religions and science as a whole. Terrorist leaders/mad men wanting it first and let their minions sacrifice themselves for their new Gods (immortal leaders) and most likely later only lead for rich people having it (and I mean truly rich) who can enjoy their immortality by doing nothing else than spending money and laughing at the mortals.

Then comes to problem of overpopulating the whole earth since there is no death anymore.. Find a way to live on some other planet (since you're already immortal) and then maybe, just maybe I would consider it. Hard since I still have faith in God and I can already foresee the chaos in the future..

If none of that chaos were to happen and people would live peacefully together, then sure I suppose. If it were just for me, no. I couldn't handle losing the ones I love, falling in love again, losing them, falling in love, repeat.

SamReeves
08-08-09, 17:04
of course, there won't be such chicks as Alley or Aria around then!

J/K, great answer Sir :)

LOL, I'm sure there'll be great chicks in the future or in the past. I can only concentrate on what is out there now! :D

Tonyrobinson
08-08-09, 17:06
I wouldn't take it because I would miss all the loved ones in my life. However if I could be a ghost or spirit and haunt rock concerts and cinemas I'd have the time of my life!

MadCroy101
08-08-09, 17:09
I dont know, its hard. Because lonely, but I have a SUPER fear of death, so its kinda hard for me.

Shauni
08-08-09, 17:19
I wouldn't take immortality if it were offered to me, because one lifetime of stress is plenty enough for me! Plus I can't imagine outliving everyone and everything I knew while growing up.

Indiana Croft
08-08-09, 18:02
I'd want an extended lifespan. Like 250 years or so. Life is just too short. But I wouldn't want to live forever. I'd want to be reuinited with my friends and family eventually. Plus I'd want the total human experience, be it good or bad. Besides living forever would be a lifetime of loss. A thousand lifetimes of it. So no thanks. You can add another 100 yrs to mine, but that's it.

TRULuverzz
08-08-09, 18:06
I say no to immortality! I'd rather spend my afterlife in hell than to watch people around me die :(

tonyme
08-08-09, 18:55
I say yes to immortality as long as I have someone immortal with me to share my life with

Nerd For Life
08-08-09, 18:57
I don't know. Watching people around me dying it's too painful.

Drone
08-08-09, 19:14
LOL, I'm sure there'll be great chicks in the future or in the past. I can only concentrate on what is out there now! :D

that's it :D We're in our time and space, it's meant to be so