PDA

View Full Version : Aesop's Fable Might Have Been True

Catracoth
07-08-09, 16:48
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090806/ap_on_sc/us_sci_aesop_s_crows

Interesting indeed!

robm_2007
07-08-09, 16:50
ive never heard of this story, but that is one smart bird!

Lara's Nemesis
07-08-09, 16:51
Crows are meant to be very intelligent. This video shows one making a tool to solve a task

rd3vUeULZIk

Spong
07-08-09, 16:54
This was on my local news the other night, Cambridge is near to where I live. It was a continuation on a test they did last year where the rooks pulled straws out of a cylindrical tube to get food to drop out (like a game of Ker-plunk).

They're smarter than people realise I guess. But I don't think they're about to revolutionise the internal combustion engine just yet though.

And on a completely childish note; Christopher Bird. LOL. What are the chances?

Croft, Lara
07-08-09, 16:56
I thought I saw a tortoise chasing a hare the other day......:pi:

Chocola teapot
07-08-09, 17:42
Very interesting! :D

Sir Croft
07-08-09, 17:51
Crows are meant to be very intelligent. This video shows one making a tool to solve a task

rd3vUeULZIk

Wow! Didn't know crows were that smart, that's really cool!

This was on my local news the other night, Cambridge is near to where I live. It was a continuation on a test they did last year where the rooks pulled straws out of a cylindrical tube to get food to drop out (like a game of Ker-plunk).

They're smarter than people realise I guess. But I don't think they're about to revolutionise the internal combustion engine just yet though.

And on a completely childish note; Christopher Bird. LOL. What are the chances?

LOL :p

LightningRider
07-08-09, 17:53
Ah Interesting Indeed. I always believed these birds were smarter then they were given credit for. :)

jackles
07-08-09, 17:53
Oh birds can be very clever, my dad had a jackdaw that he looked after when he was a boy. It was very smart.

thecentaur
07-08-09, 18:03
Hooray for natural selection :p

I agree. Birds are really smart. Hence an owl is a symbol of cleverness ;)

Spong
07-08-09, 18:08
Birds are really smart. Hence an owl is a symbol of cleverness ;)

I'd like to see one do a crossword :wve:

Lara's Nemesis
08-08-09, 02:02
I'd like to see one do a crossword :wve:

Birds are too smart to waste their time doing crosswords.:ohn:

rowanlim
08-08-09, 02:25
That's very interesting, there are many tests these days trying to determine the intelligence of birds. They certainly prove that these creatures are smarter than we think :tmb: