PDA

View Full Version : Belief in Spirits

LaraLuvrrr
07-08-09, 20:49
Do you believe in spirits and that you are a spirit?

Or do you believe that we are just flesh and nothing more. Like that no part of you will "live on" after you pass.

This is separate from belief in God.. one can believe in spirits but not necessarily a creator or God.

I personally do believe in spirits. But it's hard for me to pinpoint what a spirit really is... Like if it's simply the person's life experiences that stay imprinted in the history of time or if it is something that has a will. If spirits do have wills then I wonder what has a spirit and what doesn't (like can a spirit choose to manifest in an object or animal) and how many spirits there are on Earth at one time. And where it is they go... do they permanently go to another dimension or continue to return into this dimension of form and take forms.

Post your opinion on the topic and maybe why you feel that way.:)

Rachel Croft
07-08-09, 20:50
Definitely. There is so many things to that points to it. We can't just be meat, that would be horrible.

Catracoth
07-08-09, 20:56
I'm apathetic to it, really. I feel that it is something that we shouldn't worry about while we are living, but will receive an answer to it when our time of passing is at hand. People go mad over trying to understand life's mysteries, but like the debate on whether or not there is a God, it all comes down to faith and what you believe in.

LaraLuvrrr
07-08-09, 20:59
I'm apathetic to it, really. I feel that it is something that we shouldn't worry about while we are living, but will receive an answer to it when our time of passing is at hand. People go mad over trying to understand life's mysteries, but like the debate on whether or not there is a God, it all comes down to faith and what you believe in.

Yea I see what you mean. I tend to always want to know the truth behind everything so that's why it interests me so much. But some things are just not meant to be known I guess... at least not until the right moment

TRhalloween
07-08-09, 21:02
In a way. I think when someone dies and you remember and love them then they are still living in a way.

Catracoth
07-08-09, 21:05
I tend to always want to know the truth behind everything so that's why it interests me so much.

As do I, but lately I've turned apathetic to life's mysteries. I mean, one of the reasons why I abandoned religion was because I wanted answers, and the answers I received were always "You must have faith." I didn't want faith, I wanted immediate answers, and I knew I wouldn't get them, so I decided I'll wait until I die.

Cochrane
07-08-09, 21:11
I don't believe in such spirits in the traditional sense. I think a spirit, soul, whatever you want to call it, is the result of the many small processes within my body that work together to create what I call my personality. It's not a separate entity, though.

xaider
07-08-09, 23:22
yeah..i do believe that there are spirits...they reside in a different realm..a different dimension that we cannot see...SCARY...wonder what will happen if we were able to see them.....:cln:

Croft, Lara
07-08-09, 23:25
It's weird because I believe in ghosts but when people say they have seen them, I automatically assume they are lying. Even though have seen them. Weird.

viper456
07-08-09, 23:26
I believe in Vodka. *nods*

VictorXD
07-08-09, 23:32
Absolutaly, and I personaly like seeing ghost pictures(even though they are fake:p)

The Great Chi
07-08-09, 23:58
The spirit world does exist, I have seen and heard too much myself to not belive it exists. Most spirits move on to the next dimension after death, and can come back to visit.

But a world of warning here, not only are there good spirits in this world but also bad, malicilous, prankish and pure devilish spirits, trying to get through.

Even if you do not believe what I say, I would ask you never to use a weegie board, as it opens the doors of the other world, it must not be used unless there is protection in place, and that requires expert knowedge.

The ghost that are mentioned above, are interesting.

There are two main catagories, a ghost that takes no notice of the living, ie, it is just a recording of past events repeated over and over. The best theory for this is the stone wall tape, which means that if an emotional event took place in the past it got engrained into the surrounding structure and can be seen by sensitive people.

A good example is the York Roman legion ghosts that pass though York England, but below todays ground level, as Yorks level has built up over the centuries, so the legion of soldiers and horses can only be seen in a modern basement which used to be ground level for the romans.

The second catogory are ghosts or spirits that do interact, and these you do have to be carefull with, as mentioned in my opening sentence.

Some spirits are good, my own dead father gave us a specific message before he died that he would control the lighting in my house, my mothers house, and my sisters house after he died, and this occured for a week after his death. You can only take my word for it, but it happened, and I for one am glad.

It helps me to understand that there is some form of life after this one.

Rai
08-08-09, 00:13
Yes, I believe in spirits. From the comforting thought that our loved ones are still with us if we keep them in our hearts to having had experiences that I really can't ignore and I'd be in denial if I didn't believe.

vega82
08-08-09, 01:04
Yes I do believe.

]{eith
08-08-09, 01:06
I believe in Vodka. *nods*

Of that I am a firm believer. I give to the collection every week. ;)

Yeah, I guess I do. Sort of. I don't know. I do believe that there is something more to people than just flesh and blood - but what that is or what you could call it I dunno.

erosan
08-08-09, 01:23
Of course I do. This has nothing to do with beliefs tho, it's just something I know that exist. I can't describe it very well, but I know there is something out there bigger than us.

Tombraiderx08
08-08-09, 04:50
Definitely believe in spirits :)

GameGlitcher77
08-08-09, 06:22
I mean if you really think about it when a person dies the lifeless body that's left is their physical form. The spiritial form of the person, (in my opinion) is the person when their still alive.;):D:p

madtong
08-08-09, 06:40
I dont believe in spirit, the only thing i believe is that we just know a little bit of what exist or happen around us and there so many thing that we cannot explain... And the spirits, ghosts, aliens... are such an easy way to confort our mind... The point is that we cannot say the words " i dont know " , we always wanna have an explanation for everything, when there are no logical, cientific explanation we use spirits, gods... We should assume that we have so much to know yet...