PDA

View Full Version : Pics from my trip to Barcelona

Lara Croft!
08-08-09, 17:05
I went to Barcelona from the 1st of August till the 6th. I was with my boyfriend, his best friend and mine.

The city was beautiful with so many places to see. The people there are very friendly and although you will rarely find someone speaking English they are willing to help you.

The best places imo are the casas (houses) designed by the famous architect Gaudi, Park Guell, also designed by him. To continue, the port with the statue of Columbus and the Aquarium. The food there was based on sea food, so I preferred fast food.

Barcelona has a very good metro system and you won't get lost easily. It has many information booths for tourists and if anyone plans on visiting it, I suggest he buys a Barcelona Card.

All went well in the trip, except for the last day, as we were going to the airport carrying our heavy suitcases, four people (2 men and 2 women) who had followed us for some time pretending to be lost tourists, caused mayhem inside the metro by pushing us and they managed to open my pack and take my wallet. Fortunately it was an old wallet with only 40 euros inside it and my student I.D card. Luckily they didn't get to my mobile phone, I.D or passport.

Even with that bad ending, I liked Barcelona a lot and it's a place I would visit again after some years. It's very similar to Greece when it comes to staying up late. On Saturdays young people go to clubs and the city never sleeps.

Enough said... let's see some pics. I took 1500 pics and these are only 45...

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Lora160687/slideshow/LORA%20PERSONAL%20PICS/Barcelona

Lara Croft!
08-08-09, 17:06

Tonyrobinson
08-08-09, 17:07
Beautiful :)

Lara Croft!
08-08-09, 17:10

Marianna12
08-08-09, 17:17
Lovely pics Lora!!! Barcelona looks awesome *adds to wish list*
I'm glad you had fun!:hug:

Shauni
Gorgeous! =O I want to go there now! xD

Any good places to visit you would suggest? :)

Rai
It looks like you had a very nice time. Barcelona is very picturesque. :)

Lemmie
08-08-09, 17:21
I've wanted to go to Barcelona for so long. It looks like you had a fantastic time! :tmb:

Alex Fly
08-08-09, 17:25
Thanks for sharing these great pics. Glad to see you had a great time there. :)

Lara Croft!
08-08-09, 17:26
Gorgeous! =O I want to go there now! xD

Any good places to visit you would suggest? :)

Αs I said, the Gaudi casas, the Montjuic hill, Tibidabo, the port (Aquarium and a Mall) for a drink in Villa Olympica, Park Guell, Camp Nou, La Sagrada familia, Las Ramblas.

tombraiderluka
08-08-09, 17:30
Oooh, it looks amazing! I think I'll make arrangements to go there soon :eek: :D
Thanx for the pics :tmb:

Mokono
08-08-09, 17:31
Beautiful pics :tmb:! I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Gabi
08-08-09, 17:39
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/Barcelona/th_P8040852.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/Barcelona/?action=view&current=P8040852.jpg)

LOL! Too much Red Bull? :cln:

Lovely pictures, Lora. I can see that you had a good time. :tmb:

Lara Croft!
08-08-09, 20:33
^^^When the times are tough and the hours you get to sleep are not adequate, a Red Bull comes in handy. Although sometimes, the results are just too much...LOL!:D

Johnnay
08-08-09, 21:34
Nice pics

I feel sorry for you because your wallet was stolen:(

tampi
09-08-09, 10:15
All went well in the trip, except for the last day, as we were going to the airport carrying our heavy suitcases, four people (2 men and 2 women) who had followed us for some time pretending to be lost tourists, caused mayhem inside the metro by pushing us and they managed to open my pack and take my wallet. Fortunately it was an old wallet with only 40 euros inside it and my student I.D card. Luckily they didn't get to my mobile phone, I.D or passport.

Even with that bad ending, I liked Barcelona a lot and it's a place I would visit again after some years. It's very similar to Greece when it comes to staying up late. On Saturdays young people go to clubs and the city never sleeps.

Enough said... let's see some pics. I took 1500 pics and these are only 45...[/B][/CENTER]

I would have been delighted to have accompanied yours to the airport. You know that. :o:hug:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to see your photos. It is funny, see you in sites so usual for me. :D

I would like to know what sites you chose to go at night (clubs) Good music, ambience?:)

Ikas90
09-08-09, 10:21
Amazing pictures Lora! :jmp: I should be going to Barcelona around this time next year (well as you know, I'm going ALL over Europe. :D)

Sorry to hear about your wallet. :( Luckily you had your Passport/ID in a separate pocket though! That's the smart thing to do!

Glad you had an amazing time though. :hug: I love the Sagrada Familia! :cln:

rowanlim
09-08-09, 11:01
Wow Lora, amazing photos! :tmb:

Sorry about your wallet, though good thing the more valuable items are still with you!

Thanks for sharing, it's great to know you had an awesome time! :hug:

jarhead
09-08-09, 11:14
Looks like you and Panos had a brilliant time, Barcelona looks like a fantastic city to visit, very cultural

TombRaiderCool
09-08-09, 11:26
Awesome pictures Lora! It looks so amazing! Hope you had a brilliant time! :tmb:

Cristina
09-08-09, 11:28
OMG Barcelona is so pretty and awesome!:yik::hug:

CerebralAssassin
09-08-09, 11:29
dope pics,Lora !:tmb:

Drone
09-08-09, 12:46
welcome back Lo :) I'm glad you had a good time with your friends in Barcelona. Great pictures :tmb: I hope that incident didn't ruin your moods

Lara Croft!
09-08-09, 15:47
I would have been delighted to have accompanied yours to the airport. You know that. :o:hug:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to see your photos. It is funny, see you in sites so usual for me. :D

I would like to know what sites you chose to go at night (clubs) Good music, ambience?:)

We only went out at night on Saturday. The other days we were too exhausted to repeat it. A Greek friend who happened to be there for the 2nd time, took us in Villa Olympica, in a place where many clubs were lined up. We didn't like it as the music was too loud. Inside there were female and male dancers dressed like strippers dancing. We have that in Greece as well but the dancers aren't dressed so provocatively. We sat at an oriental club in the outside tables. It was nice.

Edit: 272 views. I'm glad so many people got to see the pics I posted!

MattTR
09-08-09, 15:52
Looks like you had fun! Sorry about your wallet, but the city looks magnificent! I'd love to go one day! :eek:

:hug:

adventurerLara
09-08-09, 16:09
Barcelona looks beautiful and a delightful place to visit. :)

Goose
09-08-09, 16:22
Must have been amazing! I like the architecture.

young Lara Croft
09-08-09, 16:44
those photos you took, look great! Barcelona must be a very beautiful place to live! :tmb:

Lara Croft!
10-08-09, 13:24
I forgot to post an epic one. I swear to God, it was as if this fish was mocking us. I tried to pull a similar ironic face. Compared to its perfection of LOL I failed...
http://i25.************/2jdks5w.jpg

ShadyCroft
14-08-09, 14:10
Wow Lora!!! Those are amazing ! Barcelona ! La Sagrada Familla...have always wanted to go there.
Can you go inside the cathedral ? They've stopped building it, right, or have then continued ?

Glad you had a lot of fun, even with the thing with your wallet. My cousin went to Barcelona too 2 weeks ago and she had a fanny pack with her. They told her not to put it around her waist cause then it might get stolen.
Regardless, am pretty sure Spanish peeps are nice anyway (we've got some of em here :D), and there are thieves everywhere in the world, right ?

And thank you for sharing these pics with us ! I love them, and we got to see the love birdies P & L. :hug:

Chocola teapot
14-08-09, 14:14
That is Fabulous!, I truely hope you enjoyed barcelona 100%

TRGamer8
14-08-09, 19:45
Amaizing pictures, thanks for sharing :D