PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Adventures - Part 1 : The start

TombRaider4444
08-08-09, 18:25
Check this post over time as it will be updated with pictures and video and other media when released

Hello guys, as from the Screen shots thread this is my first project. Consists of 4 levels and 4 FMV levels = dummy levels because in them flip effect for guns etc are made ;)

It will be:

Intro FMV:

Level 1: Laras Office

2nd FMV:

Level 2: Escape Hotel

3rd FMV:

Level 3: Ground floor for trouble

Level 4: The 50th floor

End Cut

Story:

Basically I'm starting my own series of Lara Croft adventures but differently. This adventure will show how Lara Croft becomes a Tomb Raider in a total new way in a modern world and 250 Miles from Origins :

Lara Croft, 22 Years old Born in England is a Personal Investigator making $6,000 a month in San-Francisco California. However when one of her sponsors Canon hosts a conference in Malaysia annually and this year members can visit a new found dig and look around and explore parts for the first time and even take home trinkets. A few days later in Malaysia at the dig Lara Croft finds a Orb artifact which can kill who ever's name is written on the top base of it once the orb is smashed (which no one knows). In her hotel room in Kuala Lumpur the following nights SAS Break into her room and steal the orb

and then the rest of the story will be seen when the game comes out

Lara Croft: Her outfit modded from Legend Black - The main outfit in 3 Levels and in 3 FMVs.

http://i29.************/2yopug6.jpg

Features:

Realistic Gameplay:

- No bra Proof vests in this adventure as shes inexperienced with killing so a few shots from anyone can kill you:cln:

- Shoot 4 bullets - 2 from each gun will kill an SAS and most likely any Living Human enemy (Minus the Boss)

http://i31.************/fk8mdv.jpg

- Limited REALLY Limited Pistol ammo , 10 Bullets start off and 10 Bullets a Pistol Ammo Clip thingy you find so remember use each bullet wisely or

- Escape enemies using Acrobatics like jumping, Pole swinging when out of ammo and find ammo by searching presses, bedside lockers etc.

- Food & Drink as health - Each level different types of Food

http://i25.************/2eb7qq9.jpg

Picture time!

http://i29.************/759j.jpg

HURLEYstickmen
08-08-09, 18:37
Looks like some sort of EPIC adventure to me!:jmp: Keep up the great work!:tmb:

PullingApart
08-08-09, 19:38
This looks good!
Did you make the outfit yourself?:tmb:

TombRaider4444
08-08-09, 19:41
Thanks. Total so far is:

1st level : 2 minutes - prologue
2nd level so far it's 8:30 and thats 25% of it and i know my way around:mis:

@pullingapart: nope, it's poyu's legend with some recolors and transparency

VictorXD
08-08-09, 19:55
10 bullets in a mag?? Thats no realistic at all. Make like 3-7 clips per lvl and 30 bulets which mag(pair of mag, each lonely mag is 15 bullets) that is the deautiful of most handgun and pistols, other then that it looks awesome:)

TombRaider4444
08-08-09, 20:09
10 bullets in a mag?? Thats no realistic at all. Make like 3-7 clips per lvl and 30 bulets which mag(pair of mag, each lonely mag is 15 bullets) that is the deautiful of most handgun and pistols, other then that it looks awesome:)

oops i mean 10 bullets when you pick up pistol ammo i'm not a gun expert:(

VictorXD
08-08-09, 20:11
Its ok no one is saying you should be:) But why don't you try adding some HQ textures?? It always looks nice:D

larafan25
08-08-09, 20:12
nice but....whats a bra proof vest?:p

TombRaider4444
08-08-09, 20:12
Its ok no one is saying you should be:) But why don't you try adding some HQ textures?? It always looks nice:D

I'm working on it

Also for opinions Basically I've used a Tomb Raider 1 outside trick:( because while the 3d night building horizion is good the way my building is setup you don't see the building and only the black so i got the horizion textures and painted it on wall. While it looks great I'll have to add a camera view so you don't see the 2d buildings:(

@larafan basically in the Tomb Raiders Lara could take thousands of bullets, in this 5 bullets and your dead :D

tomblover
08-08-09, 20:15
You'll really have to edit enemies then. They shoot like 5 bullets per second... :p

Peanut
08-08-09, 20:17
You really need to work on level building! Your Ideas are great! Its just that you should work on level building, If you've just started level buildng then I think its too early for you to work on a proper Game....

VictorXD
08-08-09, 20:18
Buid the building, or you can try doing like TRL did on Japan added a city horizon and added some buildings around the area were you would play:) It won't look bad, I'm pretty sure of it:D

TombRaider4444
08-08-09, 20:30
You'll really have to edit enemies then. They shoot like 5 bullets per second... :p

No 5 bullets and you die. Their in the SAS Slot. I may build the outside for buildings or something and I built the tutorial level;)

TombRaider4444
08-08-09, 21:42
Buid the building, or you can try doing like TRL did on Japan added a city horizon and added some buildings around the area were you would play:) It won't look bad, I'm pretty sure of it:D

I made them and it looks fantastic thanks :mis:

http://i25.************/158rgz.jpg

You can barely see it from pics because of compression but in game you can see it but the dark effect mines you wont see the ground hence no animating cars etc

Phys
09-08-09, 00:15
I made them and it looks fantastic thanks :mis:

http://i25.************/158rgz.jpg

You can barely see it from pics because of compression but in game you can see it but the dark effect mines you wont see the ground hence no animating cars etc

That white window there looks see through on the edges. It seems as if you've set it to transparent. If the inside of the window is Magenta (a pinky colour), then you don't need to set the window texture to transparent ;)

TRSMART
09-08-09, 01:22
That white window there looks see through on the edges. It seems as if you've set it to transparent. If the inside of the window is Magenta (a pinky colour), then you don't need to set the window texture to transparent ;)

Good luck with the project;)

tomblover
09-08-09, 11:19
No 5 bullets and you die. Their in the SAS Slot. I may build the outside for buildings or something and I built the tutorial level;) Then one hit by enemies is fatal... o_o

TombRaider4444
09-08-09, 15:15
Then one hit by enemies is fatal... o_o

No the SAS has a short range so it's not that bad and 1 shot isn't fatal.

Good luck with the project;)

Thanks

No it's not magenta and it doesn't look like that ingame.;)

Mokono
10-08-09, 08:03
http://i25.************/2eb7qq9.jpg

This looks cheesy :p. Well done!

Phys
10-08-09, 18:01
You really need to work on level building! Your Ideas are great! Its just that you should work on level building, If you've just started level buildng then I think its too early for you to work on a proper Game....

Don't agree with this at all. If you're not making a game, why bother building at all? When I first started building, I always assumed the levels I built would be eventually played. I made lots of levels like this, continually improving my skills with the level editor, even though these levels always ended up being scrapped.

TombRaider4444
10-08-09, 21:19
Don't agree with this at all. If you're not making a game, why bother building at all? When I first started building, I always assumed the levels I built would be eventually played. I made lots of levels like this, continually improving my skills with the level editor, even though these levels always ended up being scrapped.

This is deff not going to be scrapped. Even if it's going to be released unfinished as Angel Of Darkness

Phys
10-08-09, 21:25
This is deff not going to be scrapped. Even if it's going to be released unfinished as Angel Of Darkness

Good! Keep at it and improve your skills. You got the right attitude :tmb: