PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Excavation - RELEASED

thecentaur
09-08-09, 14:32
Click here if you wanna play it :D (http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2023)

Hooray it's finally released! :D

Screens are posted earlier in the Screenshot Showcase thread and I can't take any now because I'm not on my computer.

Have fun playing my game :)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/alone24/alpha1.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/alone24/alpha2.jpg

Peanut
09-08-09, 14:37
YAY! :jmp:

Phys
09-08-09, 14:37
WOO Downloading now! :D

X360M
09-08-09, 14:38
DOWLOADING! :jmp:

Seth94
09-08-09, 14:39
Downloading. :)

LightningRider
09-08-09, 14:39
Dling!

Phys
09-08-09, 14:41
Ohh.. It's not letting me play it :( It keeps crashing when I open. I tried changing the settings on setup but the drop down for resolutions is empty? :confused:

thecentaur
09-08-09, 14:46
Hmm.. that's weird :confused: I even tested the package before I zipped it and uploaded it and it worked fine :confused:

I'll see if there's anything missing. It should be playable from the download itself...

Phys
09-08-09, 14:47
I'll have a go at re-downloading.

thecentaur
09-08-09, 14:54
It works perfectly fine on this computer. And this computer, I don't even normally use :confused: I wonder what the problem is... :(

Underworld2008
09-08-09, 15:02
It works perfectly fine on this computer. And this computer, I don't even normally use :confused: I wonder what the problem is... :(

Works fine for me too :) good atmosphere i must say :P

thecentaur
09-08-09, 15:10
Works fine for me too :) good atmosphere i must say :P

Thank you :D

Seth94
09-08-09, 15:35
Finished it. I loved the atmosphere the best overall. And the gameplay was nice too. :D

thecentaur
09-08-09, 15:40
Finished it. I loved the atmosphere the best overall. And the gameplay was nice too. :D

Thank you :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you find all the secrets?

Phys
09-08-09, 15:43
Ohh it seems its suddenly happening with ALL Tomb4.exe's :eek:

Bah I don't know how to fix it -.-

Seth94
09-08-09, 15:44

I didn't get a problem. :confused:

@thecentaur- Secrets? No, I didn't realise there were any. :o

TombRaider4444
09-08-09, 16:01

Your graphics card is bad. It's not reconizing your DirectX 9/10/DirectX3DHAL interfece. To fix it (Could be laggy or bad quality depending on your CPU) Choose Core Design MMX Emulation and the screen pixel sizes will reappear;)

Titak
09-08-09, 16:12
And here I am, about to start testing it again...
I guess I won't have to anymore now! :vlol:

Time to play the finished product. :D

Phys
09-08-09, 16:48
Ah i fixed it. Turns out it wasn't recognising my graphics card all of a sudden (in-built as its a laptop), and it was setting to default VGA. Therefore I couldn't run any games. But i've sorted it with a system restore. :D

Time to play!

LaraRules81
09-08-09, 17:00
This is gonna be awesome! :jmp:

Peanut
09-08-09, 17:16
Downloaded it and I am playing it and IT ROCKS! :D

wdavid
09-08-09, 17:29
Looks intersting:tmb::D *Downloading*

-Roli-
09-08-09, 17:30
Great, now I can play the final version too :D

Edit: im getting mad xD

thecentaur
09-08-09, 17:31
And here I am, about to start testing it again...
I guess I won't have to anymore now! :vlol:

Time to play the finished product. :D

ahaha you never got around to playing the beta? :p have fun!

Ah i fixed it. Turns out it wasn't recognising my graphics card all of a sudden (in-built as its a laptop), and it was setting to default VGA. Therefore I couldn't run any games. But i've sorted it with a system restore. :D

Time to play!

Hooray! Don't forget all the secrets :)

Looks intersting:tmb::D *Downloading*

Thank you! :D

VictorXD
09-08-09, 17:51
Damn I diedXD BTW: soething is wrong with her falling-dying animation:confused:

TR FAN 18
09-08-09, 18:05
Just finished it, though I didn't find any secrets. The level was fantastic, I loved all the various traps and puzzles. The moving flame emitters were also a nice touch. 9.5/10 :tmb:

There was a door at the end with two podiums either side. Is Secret #3 in there?

thecentaur
09-08-09, 18:12
There was a door at the end with two podiums either side. Is Secret #3 in there?

yes :D

Jeissy
09-08-09, 18:37
Hey, I got '1st sapphire key'... I assume there is a second... but Idk where to look for it :o

thecentaur
09-08-09, 18:48
lol i tried to make it kind of linear after you pick up the key
when you pick up the key, the door opens:

http://i32.************/158b7sg.jpg

Jeissy
09-08-09, 18:50
lol i tried to make it kind of linear after you pick up the key
when you pick up the key, the door opens:

http://i32.************/158b7sg.jpg

Cool thinking :tmb: Makes somewhat challenging... especially for those who don't see that :p

Spikey
09-08-09, 19:39
Finished - 30 minutes. :)

...0 secrets. :pi:

Razzi
09-08-09, 21:54
finished too! 44 minutes 0 secret (where are they??)

*PH*
09-08-09, 21:56
yay
downloading...:D

thecentaur
09-08-09, 21:58
...0 secrets. :pi:

finished too! 44 minutes 0 secret (where are they??)

lol I didn't think the secrets were too hard to find :p
then again i built it.. lol :)

God Horus
09-08-09, 22:00
I finished it. :)

It was short and sweet, I liked it. :tmb: Only got one secret (it looked like the same one from Serpent Temple) :whi:

Shauni
09-08-09, 23:25
I loved this level :tmb: Btw what were the secrets? I never looked to see how many I found.

thecentaur
09-08-09, 23:31
I finished it. :)

It was short and sweet, I liked it. :tmb: Only got one secret (it looked like the same one from Serpent Temple) :whi:

thanks && hooray for finding a secret :D :D

I loved this level :tmb: Btw what were the secrets? I never looked to see how many I found.

The secrets were a gilded version of the artifacts from The Serpent Temple. The last secret is...? :D

DMC
09-08-09, 23:49
Wow, looks fantastic!!! :)

Ilie_Fusarau
10-08-09, 00:26
I just downloaded it :cln: , but the screen res is set to 680x480 16 bit is there any way to access the game or TRLE's settings and increase the res and set the game to 32 bit? Thanks !:hug::)

thecentaur
10-08-09, 00:37
I just downloaded it :cln: , but the screen res is set to 680x480 16 bit is there any way to access the game or TRLE's settings and increase the res and set the game to 32 bit? Thanks !:hug::)

copy the "tomb4" application into the folder and hit "paste shortcut". in the "shortcut to tomb4", right click and hit properties, and where it says "target", go to the end after the quotes and type {-setup} (without the brackets)

then double click it and it should have the setup. I hope i'm right here haha :)

happy raiding!

Ilie_Fusarau
10-08-09, 01:06
copy the "tomb4" application into the folder and hit "paste shortcut". in the "shortcut to tomb4", right click and hit properties, and where it says "target", go to the end after the quotes and type {-setup} (without the brackets)

then double click it and it should have the setup. I hope i'm right here haha :)

happy raiding!
Woohooo ! It works ! Thanks :hug::jmp:

LaraCablara
10-08-09, 02:27
Did anyone find the mysterious last secret :o?

thecentaur
10-08-09, 02:32
Did anyone find the mysterious last secret :o?

Lol the mysterious last secret is found when you take the first two mysterious secrets as puzzles in the last room ;) LOL haha :D

scremanie
10-08-09, 03:52
I am stuck :(

at this part:
http://i25.************/34pgb4g.jpg

where do I go next? I jumped over to that ledge in front of me and I had no idea where to go :(

can anyone help me?

TR FAN 18
10-08-09, 07:02
SPOILER (Highlight to read): Go back to the starting room and look for pushable block. Push it underneath a switch.

scremanie
10-08-09, 07:13
SPOILER (Highlight to read): Go back to the starting room and look for pushable block. Push it underneath a switch.

Thanks! :D

My little cousin actually found it at the end. ROFL, I'm so blind! Thank you for helping us! :)

TR FAN 18
10-08-09, 09:03
Glad I could help. :)

AgentXP
10-08-09, 16:11
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/alone24/alpha2.jpg[/IMG]

Just started playing - I love it! Can I ask where those great ivy\climbing plant objects came from?

AgentXP
10-08-09, 16:11
Just started playing - I love it! Can I ask where the great ivy\climbing plant objects near the start of the first level came from?

EDIT: Sorry about that double post!

MadCroy101
10-08-09, 18:39
Gonna download in an hour, I got some stuff to download first though :p dont want the computer to freeze! Anyways looks like an awesome game, gotta play it!:D

Mytly
10-08-09, 20:39
I played and completed the level last night. Great work, thecentaur. :tmb: Review coming soon on trle.net.

I didn't find any of the secrets, though. Any hints? :o

thecentaur
10-08-09, 20:53

and regarding the secrets, some switches trigger more than what it seems ;) :p (and i tried not to sound so existential when writing that. hahaha) :D

Seth94
10-08-09, 20:55
Played again and I found 1 secret. Can't find the 2nd though. :D (Although I can see it through a gate.) ;)

Mytly
10-08-09, 21:08
and regarding the secrets, some switches trigger more than what it seems ;) :p (and i tried not to sound so existential when writing that. hahaha) :D
Well, that was helpful. :ton: I'll see what I can make of that.

ViNi__
10-08-09, 21:12
I hope my download finish soon :cln:

thecentaur
11-08-09, 14:39
eghhh. i'm ****ed at reviews >_> so pretty much saying that Excavation is worse than Serpent Temple? Just because there "wasn't a boss fight" which was insinuated in one of the reviews.

all in all a good adventure for a rainy day but nothing specialwow claiming it's "nothing special" kind of tweaks my wires a little bit :hea: and giving me a 6 for enemies, objects, and secrets is kind of harsh a bit.. i mean did he even find the secrets? ugh

A good level although the gameplay is too simple for my taste. I found two shortcuts: in the pool near the start you don't need to use the timed UW switch to extinguish the burning tile, you can exit from the water using the inverted "V" rock in front of the tile. The second shortcut: from the first rope you can reach easily the high bridge, and if you will do that, the lever and the gate explosion are useless. Good texturing and lighting although this last (lighting) is a bit monotone. I found the three secrets, not too hard but very clever.
what ****es the hell out of me most about this one is that he was intentionally looking for shortcuts in order to use 'against' me. I mean seriously, if he knew that the switch caused the gate to explode, then what's the point of looking for shortcuts? :hea: to an extent, I can see where they're coming from, but giving me a 6 for gameplay? i mean surely the gameplay was kind of lightened with the shortcuts you found.

I'm trying to ***** about like a slutbag but it kind of irritates me when some people say that it's nothing special. I know when people say that you can't please everyone all the time, but *****ing about how something doesn't suit their tastes without any advice is kind of irritable. i feel like biting someone ._.

~Centaur

Ilie_Fusarau
11-08-09, 14:40
I am stuck at that door under the fire near the pool room with powerful currents . I already pulled both leavers (the one with the spikes and the one with the blades and boulders) now what do I have to do ?

thecentaur
11-08-09, 14:43
I am stuck at that door under the fire near the pool room with powerful currents . I already pulled both leavers (the one with the spikes and the one with the blades and boulders) now what do I have to do ?

exit that room. it opened the large metal door opposite the switch.

Spikey
11-08-09, 15:24
what ****es the hell out of me most about this one is that he was intentionally looking for shortcuts in order to use 'against' me.

And you got that from...where, exactly?

It's not impossible for him to have found the shortcuts before figuring out the correct way. It happened to me after all, in the pool room with the burning tile - albeit via a slightly different method (and since the shortcut knocks about 30 seconds at best off the final time, I didn't mark the level down because of it).

As for the level itself - I personally think it's better then The Serpent Temple, at least in the visuals department. I can't remember the gameplay of TST well enough to comment though, and I won't use my own review scores as a basis since I was a little more generous back then anyway. :p

-Roli-
11-08-09, 15:33
Dont **** yourself Centaur, i will post a true review today ;)
But yes, its isnt fair, this level minimum 9 points!

God Horus
11-08-09, 15:42
Well I think it's better than Serpent Temple! If I reviewed it I would give it 8 for gameplay, 8 for enemies/objects/secrets and 9 for atmosphere and 10 for gameplay.

Yeah I know, a lot of builders don't like their reviews and if you have a problem you can email Michael and talk to him and he will talk to the reviewer and get them to consider changing the review.

And a lot of levels usually start with higher ratings then they go down.

But good luck :tmb:

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 15:58
Well I think it's better than Serpent Temple! If I reviewed it I would give it 8 for gameplay, 8 for enemies/objects/secrets and 9 for atmosphere and 10 for gameplay.

I think you mean lighting for one of them :whi:

:o

God Horus
11-08-09, 16:24
My bad.

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 16:27
Aww :D

LaraCablara
11-08-09, 19:41
all in all a good adventure for a rainy day but nothing special

Oh yes, my favorite reviewer who gave me a 4 for atmosphere.

-Roli-
11-08-09, 19:47
Oh yes, my favorite reviewer who gave me a 4 for atmosphere.

Jack& ? :(

wdavid
11-08-09, 21:02
Somebody should remove this Jack& from the reviewer list... his reviews are useless and don't give any advice to the author just making compliments all the time:mad:
I'm still playing your level (don't have too much free time:o) and i love it so far:D

Kevin
11-08-09, 21:09
On trle.net there is a special Rreview Forum, where one can talk about "unfair" reviews and stuff. This is probably no the right place as the reviewers won't see your complaints here.

wdavid
11-08-09, 21:27
That's right:D thanks Kevin:)

-Roli-
11-08-09, 21:34
I've just posted my 9,5 points :D

thecentaur
11-08-09, 22:46
I personally don't care anymore about reviews. People can say what they want; I just build for fun. But like I said, I feel like this should be rated much higher than Serpent Temple. But, I'm just one voice lost in millions; it's not like what I can say would make a difference.

On another note, my next level(set)* would probably not be released for TRLE.net.

*set.. as in more than one level and probably bigger than anything I planned prior to this.

:(

KurtisandLara
12-08-09, 02:50
I finally got a chance to play it today and i love this level!
I especially love the area towards the end with all the electricity and the moving floor i just adored it! It was such i challenged. :)
I can't wait for more of your Levelsets :).

God Horus
12-08-09, 03:15
I am scared of Jack& :o I hope he never reviews my levels ... but I think the reviewing system at TRLE.net is kinda messed up with reviewers giving a ton of games 4's and 3's because they think that is "average" (that god those reviews weren't published) and yes thecentaur I do think that this game is much better than Serpent Temple and it deserved a higher ranking but when you try and compare the reviews of two games it never really makes sense because different reviwers, different number of reviews, etc etc make all the difference.

thecentaur
12-08-09, 03:21
Good point GH. But it's not like we can prevent any reviewer from judging our levels.. And levels will just end up being graded subjectively.. It's a fact that we can't stop biased reviews...

I finally got a chance to play it today and i love this level!
I especially love the area towards the end with all the electricity and the moving floor i just adored it! It was such i challenged. :)
I can't wait for more of your Levelsets :).

Thanks :] but don't hold your breath waiting for my levels because I might not release more in general :o

Well, I guess we just have to wait and see...

KurtisandLara
12-08-09, 03:28
Good point GH. But it's not like we can prevent any reviewer from judging our levels.. And levels will just end up being graded subjectively.. It's a fact that we can't stop biased reviews...

Thanks :] but don't hold your breath waiting for my levels because I might not release more in general :o

Well, I guess we just have to wait and see...

wdavid
12-08-09, 09:08
I've just finished it:D It was 38 minutes fun;) That sound has given me the creeps in the room where the floor changing all the time lol
I'll write a review at Trle.net soon:D

Ilie_Fusarau
12-08-09, 16:46
Never mind I figured it out thanks centaur :o

Mytly
12-08-09, 20:17
I personally don't care anymore about reviews. People can say what they want; I just build for fun. But like I said, I feel like this should be rated much higher than Serpent Temple. But, I'm just one voice lost in millions; it's not like what I can say would make a difference.

On another note, my next level(set)* would probably not be released for TRLE.net.

*set.. as in more than one level and probably bigger than anything I planned prior to this.

No offence meant at all, but aren't you over-reacting a bit? So what if a couple of reviewers said something negative? A lot more have said positive things (see Scottie's review, for example). It is annoying when reviewers just criticize a level without saying anything constructive - but you shouldn't let a few bad apples get to you like that.

The rating as it stands now (8.53) is higher than your earlier level's (I haven't played that one, so I can't compare the two). And to be honest, your own opinion on this matter is irrelevant, as is every builder's about their own level. Builders cannot be objective about their own level - after all, they created it. Like all proud parents, builders tend to think their "offspring" - err, I mean levels ;) - are perfect. Others can - and probably will - disagree. It's best if they do so respectfully, but if they don't, it's good to be able to accept the positive feedback, including the constructive criticism, and ignore the rest.

thecentaur
12-08-09, 20:43
No offence meant at all, but aren't you over-reacting a bit? So what if a couple of reviewers said something negative? A lot more have said positive things (see Scottie's review, for example). It is annoying when reviewers just criticize a level without saying anything constructive - but you shouldn't let a few bad apples get to you like that.

I tend to flip out over little things.. like for example if people give me a list of 100000 awesome things about me, and 1 bad thing about me, i just stare at the bad thing >.>

The rating as it stands now (8.53) is higher than your earlier level's (I haven't played that one, so I can't compare the two). And to be honest, your own opinion on this matter is irrelevant, as is every builder's about their own level. Builders cannot be objective about their own level - after all, they created it. Like all proud parents, builders tend to think their "offspring" - err, I mean levels ;) - are perfect. Others can - and probably will - disagree. It's best if they do so respectfully, but if they don't, it's good to be able to accept the positive feedback, including the constructive criticism, and ignore the rest.

I'll try my best. But I stand clear over which road to head down after releasing a level :p

Kapu
12-08-09, 21:10
I tend to flip out over little things.. like for example if people give me a list of 100000 awesome things about me, and 1 bad thing about me, i just stare at the bad thing >.>

Well sometimes that's the way to go. You can look at all the 'wow that's so awesome!' or the 'the geometry in the corner is incredibly blocky, you should really fix that.'