PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure if there's a thread where...

The1andOnlyTR
09-08-09, 22:09
I should post this in but if there is, can someone point me in the right direction?

I have a WAD request. Can someone make me a WAD that consists of Tomb Raider Legend and/or Anniversary Croft Manor Furnisher and Arcitecture? And some realistic plants. If anyone takes me up on this, I have some specific vehicle and other requests for the WAD so PM me or something!

I know I can make my WAD but they never work. So I'd really, REALLY appreciate some help.

Peanut
09-08-09, 22:12
You should really learn how to make objects on your own.. I doubt anyone would Make that because thats alot to do! I am currently making Objects for Croft Manor and so is MyRaider4Life I will release my Objects once they are done and so will he, Why dont you use the ones already Available?

The1andOnlyTR
09-08-09, 22:21
I'm not asking someone to make me custom objects. I'm asking if someone can put together a WAD using already existing objects. The only Croft Manor WAD I can find is made up of Clasic objects. But I know there are individual WADs that have just couches or just windows. If it's too much trouble then I guess this thread is pointless.

deskj
09-08-09, 22:35
make a list of all the objects, outfit and other u want inside, i'm sure it's not that much work ;)

Peanut
09-08-09, 22:38
Exactly! Its really not hard to Put objects in a wad together! :rolleyes:

The1andOnlyTR
09-08-09, 22:41
make a list of all the objects, outfit and other u want inside, i'm sure it's not that much work ;)

After I create the list of things I want, what do I do? :confused:

Exactly! Its really not hard to Put objects in a wad together! :rolleyes:

There's no need to use the ":rolleyes:" smiley... I'm sorry not everyone is an expert at TRLE like you... :(

Peanut
09-08-09, 22:46
No its like its the Easiest thing in TRLE.

Heres what to do, Extract the Wad into a folder...

Then open a program called WadMerger...On the right side load the WAD then copy whatever you want to the left side then open another WAD and copy whatever you want to left side again and so on....., then save the Wad on the left side and Name it whatever you want! :)

deskj
09-08-09, 23:06
After I create the list of things I want, what do I do? :confused:
ye, i meant to make a list so someone could make the was for you
But i guess it's better if u figure out ur issues in creating a new wad from scratch, what do u mean for "not working"? Level crashes?

Titak
10-08-09, 09:22
Don't create a wad from scratch.
Start with one of the original revised TRLE wads.
Keep the same name for it or rename all the related wad files, for example you decide to use the tut1 wadfiles as your base. You can keep the name the same or you can rename all the tut1 files to mylevel or something else. (If you rename the files, you'll also have to change your script.)

Remove the objects you don't want to use and copy the objects you do want to use (from all those downloaded wads) into your base wad, like Peanut said.

That's all really. :D
But you do have to understand the whole wad system, otherwise you might end up with missing files or missing important objects within the wad.

The1andOnlyTR
10-08-09, 18:33
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm probably going to make levels on my sisters computer because mine is all screwed up with old WADs and stuff. I'm working on a Winter Croft Manor. I think it's been done before but I wanna give it a shot. :)

Brikas94
10-08-09, 18:53
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm probably going to make levels on my sisters computer because mine is all screwed up with old WADs and stuff. I'm working on a Winter Croft Manor. I think it's been done before but I wanna give it a shot. :)

Good luck! :)

The1andOnlyTR
10-08-09, 18:56
@ Brikas94: Thank you! :D