PDA

View Full Version : Something happens differently and I need help! Please?

Alex Shepherd
10-08-09, 01:34
I don't know how to control myself not thinking about this way, everyone had his own bad days that happened to him from the past, but the problem is, I start to think about these moments and don't know how to forget them and that will never allow me to sleep, start to think about the bad days that I had before and don't know how to forget them, I thought about drinking an alcohol and that would help me, but this is against my religion but even if I did, I will get the memories back for the next day, I am going crazy and I don't know how to forget these memories that happened with me, how do I have to forget something that I always think about it.
Need help please?

Catracoth
10-08-09, 01:45
I always dwell on the past and I always kick myself for my mistakes, but it's best to avert your thoughts or do something that pleases you which will give you positive thoughts.

just croft
10-08-09, 01:46
Alcohol and other drugs make lot's of bad thing to your body, but be sure they won't make you forget bad moments. They'll just bring worse ones.

Try doing something different, something new, to keep your mind of the bad stuff. Try a sport, maybe jogging. A new game, completely different genre. A trip somewhere you haven't been to. ;)

Alex Shepherd
10-08-09, 01:53
I always think about the bad days and it is difficult for me to forget them or erase them through my mind! :(
But thanks for help.

just croft
10-08-09, 01:55
Look, everyone has bad days and always will. It's impossible to erase them, but it's possible to ignore them. ;)

Paddy
10-08-09, 01:57
Try maybe taking up a hobby outdoors, maybe that would be a good distraction.
Whatever you do, dont turn to alcohol as a way to forget problems :) that creates more.

larafan25
10-08-09, 02:44
as said before I always dwell in the past and will think of awkward moments or things I have done embarassingly wrong and kick myself....

I don't know how to stop though:o

Paddy
10-08-09, 02:46
Im always dirty on myself when I make the littlest mistakes :o its a bad habit but I hate stuffing up, same with if I had offended someone, I am filthy on myself.

MattTR
10-08-09, 02:48
Try to learn from your mistakes and when something bad happens, do your favorite (positive) thing to take your mind off of it. Read a book, listen to music, take a walk, or even spend time with friends or family, don't let the bad take over, learn from it and move on. :)

TRLegendLuver
10-08-09, 02:52
aww it will be okay sweetheart.

Things happen, people come and go through our life, but you can't let it get you down. We as people, thrive on love and support and sometimes we don't receive it, but here you will. I can guarantee it. Love and life go hand in hand, but no matter what your friends are here for you. Somtimes you want forget the things that happened, erase those memories, so sleep can return to your mind, but sometimes, that's impossible. The best thing to do is focus on the future and how you can learn from past experiences and mistakes. No matter what happens, I will always be here for you if you need a friend, that you count on. Learn from what has happened. Remember your past to know what to do in the future, don't let it haunt you. If you do, you'll drive yourself nuts. I can guarantee that too. There are things that have happened to me, that no one should ever, ever have to go through ever, but I have grown from my past hurts, mistakes, and experiences, and know now what to do. As I said before, try to focus on the future and your friends, and you'll get through it. DO NOT resort to achohol or drugs for support, all they give in return is pain and misery, and while they may feel like a quick escape, they will ruin you. Please understand in what I am saying, and take care because we love and care about you here. :hug:

wantafanta
10-08-09, 02:57
You should not be getting advice for something like this from this forum. You should seek out a counselor. A professional. I'm not sure of what you mean by "bad day". It could be anything from a flunked driver test to being the sole survivor of an auto wreck. If it is a traumatic event, then you do need to see a counselor. You might need a prescription depressant if you had a psychological trauma. If it is just something common like a breakup with a boyfriend or girlfriend, or losing a job, I wouldn't worry too much. That kind of stuff happens everyday and we all go through it. Rather than ignore it and try to forget it, try facing it head on and getting it out of your system. But if you were assaulted or something serious like that, then you need to seek professional counseling.

Dennis's Mom
10-08-09, 13:07
I used to lie awake at nights reliving failures. It's a vicious cycle, like being caught in a rut.

However, you must relegate the past to the past. You cannot change it. Don't beat yourself up over it. It's quite possible your are depressed and may need medication to pull yourself out of this "rut."

A good book that may help is Dr. Daniel Amen's "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life."

Alex Shepherd
16-09-09, 08:25
To explain more:

Through my life, I face problems and I don't even mean to cause it since it's not by me, sometimes my parents never understand me if I told them about the problems that happened between my enemies in school or everywhere, but if most of people loves me, and most don't in my life, then there is something wrong, but we live with the one who we love and hate, and I already know that, and I am trying to be more self-confident, and only think about my good friends.
But here it goes:
My feelings:
It's like my heart want to stop but don't know how
It's like my soul want to leave my body but can't
Suffering for the past day that I had and "I wish I could fix it but I can't even get back or somethin'"
Tried to change my life a million times but I have the same feelings
Leaving a friend of mine is one of the worst thing I ever face and that's what happened
Try to think about being death (No pain, no suffer, no nothing, away from everything)

I really can't tell you what happened to me in my past days, because this is just a worst to explain it.

Just say it everybody, am I crazy? Sick? Because I had a really bad feeling about this and if you just tell me what is going on with me, maybe I would feel ok a little if I know the problem...

Thank you.

scoopy_loopy
16-09-09, 08:27
Don't turn to alcohol - its a actually a depressant ;) (And all the other drugs will inevitably **** around with your health eventually)

I dwell on the past alot too, a good way to deal with it is to simply occupy yourself with other things. Listen to your favourite uplifting music, play a game you enjoy, or see some friends or watch a brilliant movie.

Drone
16-09-09, 08:32
... and all the drugs in the world can't save you from yourself. Try to fill yr life with something else then. People choose different paths religion, job, art etc.

Rileigh
16-09-09, 09:31
Just say it everybody, am I crazy? Sick? Because I had a really bad feeling about this and if you just tell me what is going on with me, maybe I would feel ok a little if I know the problem...

That doesn't make you crazy, coz if you're crazy then I am too......not a helpful thing.

Read this: http://www.the-bright-side.org/site/thebrightside/content.php?type=1&section_id=330&id=508

I don't know if that's what's going on, or if that helps or anything, but it turned out to be right when I was feeling down and thinking constantly about some of the awful things that had happened to me and my friends.

Alex Shepherd
16-09-09, 12:10
That doesn't make you crazy, coz if you're crazy then I am too......not a helpful thing.

Read this: http://www.the-bright-side.org/site/thebrightside/content.php?type=1&section_id=330&id=508

I don't know if that's what's going on, or if that helps or anything, but it turned out to be right when I was feeling down and thinking constantly about some of the awful things that had happened to me and my friends.

Special thanks for the link

LightningRider
16-09-09, 12:26
Has these ever happened before? This... depression?

Maybe you dealt with it before, through some way, and try to look at that. Like me, I have been depressed at time too, but I found this forum, and it's certainly made me a lot more positive.

And you have to accept the fact, because if you don't, it will never leave you. It's best to take care of your demons now and not never. :)