PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Games and Laptops...playable?

JuliannaCroft
10-08-09, 14:28
My computer died and I just got a new laptop and I am wondering how well Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Underworld, and Tomb Raider Anniversary play on a laptop. I am sure there are players here with laptops that play these games.

How well does it play? Do you crash very much or very little?

Catracoth
10-08-09, 14:34
No one can tell you that point blank. You need to compare the system requirements of each game to that of the specifications of your laptop.

MattTR
10-08-09, 14:47
Maybe if you post this in the technical section with your specs someone may help you, I personally never have really played Tomb Raider on a PC, all consoles, Playstation/PS2/360.

Good luck. :D

Mad Tony
10-08-09, 14:51
If your laptop meets the recommended specs for Legend then you shouldn't have any problems. Doesn't matter that it's a laptop.

Jack Croft
10-08-09, 14:52
If your laptop meets the recommended specs for Legend then you shouldn't have any problems. Doesn't matter that it's a laptop.

It's all about the specifications.

Mad Tony
10-08-09, 15:00
It's all about the specifications.That's what I just said. :confused:

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-08-09, 15:01
I play TR on my laptop with a 360 controller. :)

Jack Croft
10-08-09, 15:03
That's what I just said. :confused:

I know, i know just making the point clearer.

digitizedboy
10-08-09, 15:06
Legend works perfectly with no lag at all on my mom's 3 year old laptop, so it must run great on a new one. Not sure about Underworld though, I think you need a laptop with a good graphics card for it to run smooth enough.

Angelus
10-08-09, 15:18
That's what I just said. :confused:

:vlol:

Cochrane
10-08-09, 15:32
It works fine, assuming you have the same laptop as I do.

Well, Underworld crashes a lot. But I think that is because of the game, not the laptop.

Rai
10-08-09, 15:36
I have a laptop and I can play Legend and Anniversary just fine. My Video card and CPU just aren't powerful enough for TRU. That's the main problem with laptops, you can't upgrade things like video cards easily. As others have said (especially, Mad Tony), it's all down to what your laptop's specs are in comparison to the specs of the game. My laptop is 2 years old, a new one might manage it.

Go Here (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest), it'll help you tell.

Punaxe
10-08-09, 17:20
My 2005, then-expensive laptop plays Legend and Anniversary quite fine, as long as I leave the anti-alias and the depth of field alone. It won't play Underworld, mostly if not entirely because of the videocard. If you're looking to buying a laptop, the videocard may require some extra attention because laptops don't usually come with high-end graphics.

irjudd
10-08-09, 18:31
Wait... what? I don't get it. :confused:
It's all about the specifications.
Oh now I get it! :D :tmb:

Dark Lugia 2
10-08-09, 19:30
Underworld plays on mine, but I turn anti alaising off and and screen resolution lower. I need to buy legend... :D

So yeah, specs :p

Wana b like Lara
10-08-09, 19:39
I'm disliking laptops at the moment, all my life they crashed on me! :mad:

Cochrane
10-08-09, 19:49
I'm disliking laptops at the moment, all my life they crashed on me! :mad:

You might want to try putting them safely on a table, or somewhere else where they cannot fall on you…

Shauni
10-08-09, 19:53
I'm disliking laptops at the moment, all my life they crashed on me! :mad: Even good computers will crash if your laptop overheats, has too many things running, or not enough space on the harddrive. Also if you have Vista or especially if you have ME, you could switch to XP. :)

As for the main question of this thread: If it's a good recent computer than more than likely Legend and Anniversary would work. Underworld may or may not. It really just depends on what your PC's specs are. I don't think mine could run Underworld, but I have an older laptop that was in the $500 range. ;)

miss.haggard
10-08-09, 19:55
TRA worked fine on mine when it came out, with the addition of a 360 controller :o

TRfan23
10-08-09, 21:33
Yeh another word of advice... Intel card = Crap but Geforce cards = Great ;)

No card = Terrible :tmb:

You might want to try putting them safely on a table, or somewhere else where they cannot fall on you…

This thread :vlol: :D

Lemmie
10-08-09, 21:51
I play both Underworld and Legend on my laptop. Like everyone else says, depends on the specs. :)

rowanlim
11-08-09, 00:10
I play TRL & TRA on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 640m). I can't play TRU coz my graphic card isn't...good enough :(