PDA

View Full Version : Making natural enviroments...

tomblover
11-08-09, 14:27
I find it really hard to create outdoor areas and such... is there a guide/tutorial for this?

HURLEYstickmen
11-08-09, 16:19
To make the sky visible through a texture, select the top left colour of the colour palette, (Black, but is really transparent.) Make sure Face Edit is on before you start texturing.;)

larafan25
11-08-09, 17:15
the manual

there are some outdoor place sin it and I am sure it offers lots of tips on outdoor areas:)

but just tryo make everything looks smooth and bumby and use natural textures and such:)

tomblover
11-08-09, 17:40
To make the sky visible through a texture, select the top left colour of the colour palette, (Black, but is really transparent.) Make sure Face Edit is on before you start texturing.;) I know how to make a horizon, that wasn't my question. :smk: :vlol:

I guess I should read the manual after all. :vlol: Will read, thanks for the tips. :)

matrix54
11-08-09, 20:05
Triangles and Slopes are friends. As well as the fog, shadow and sun bulbs :tmb: That's my input :whi:

trlestew
11-08-09, 21:24
I still dont know how to make fog.
I just get pitch darkness wherever I placed a fog bulb.

Kapu
11-08-09, 21:32
I just get pitch darkness wherever I placed a fog bulb.

You have to use a flipeffect to trigger the color you want your fog to be. It's explained in the manual. Then to adjust the intensity you use the R,B,G settings.

KurtisandLara
11-08-09, 21:32
I have that problem aswell, trlestew.

EDIT; Kapu: REALLY!? :yik: oook...I feel stupid now

Kapu
11-08-09, 21:44
Don't feel bad, I felt stupid too. The whole setup is kind of retarded, anyway.

TRSMART
12-08-09, 11:20
I dare to say I have a mass experience in creating outdoor areas in TR and Max Payne.

For any related question PM me or just ask;)

Look at my outdoor screenies:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=156960

It takes some practice though...

HURLEYstickmen
12-08-09, 19:26
I know how to make a horizon, that wasn't my question. :smk: :vlol:

I guess I should read the manual after all. :vlol: Will read, thanks for the tips. :)
Sorry... :o

God Horus
12-08-09, 20:05
I've never used a single flipeffect for my fog :eek: I just add the line into my script (Fog= X,X,X) and then place the fog bulb and lower the red intensity and it looks so gentle and nice in game :D But I know that flipeffects can be used for this too.