PDA

View Full Version : Core Design come back

Laras Boyfr.
12-08-09, 20:49
I will go to the point :
is it not possible to please core design and eidos to work together to publish in some years a new tomb raider game?i know its hard but maybe we can make it with more then 37000 TRF members we have when everyone from us send Core and Eidos an email maybe we can make it.this is really important and would mark a new evolution of tomb raider.who knows,maybe CrystalD and Core could work together.please consider this thread seriously and please also response so.thank you all

Changeling
12-08-09, 20:52
Core Design doesn't exist anymore. The people who used to work there have most likely moved on with their lives. It's practically impossible, and highly unlikely that it will ever happen. Sorry.

TombRaiderCool
12-08-09, 20:55
That would be a pretty vainattempt. Core does not exist anymore, the makers of the old Tomb Raider games are all employed elsewhere with other companies and such.

Kelly Craftman
12-08-09, 20:59
hmmm, yes lets all go back to the days when Laras hands where blocks! :)
Crystal have brought Lara back, and some people are just bashing them just because Tomb Raider isn't like Tomb Raider. Core's Tomb Raider is obversly totally different from Crystals.it doesn't take much to know that Core Design aren't around anymore they have all moved on. Personally i think Crystal have moved in the right direction

Mokono
12-08-09, 21:04
Ahhh!!! I thought this was a thread concerning good news, not mere speculation (more than the one already running around).

Laras Boyfr.
12-08-09, 21:22
But what is if eidos could bring back one for one the key programmers from their companies just for releasing that game?(im very depressed :-'( cuz ive played tomb raider since i was 5 years old)

Nerd For Life
12-08-09, 21:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/fading_away/beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

sheepydee
12-08-09, 21:24
^ uhm wtf... lol

i wish core design would come back :( me misses them

ohwell tuff ****e

TRhalloween
12-08-09, 21:27
Come bAck Core plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeanWinchester
12-08-09, 21:28
^ uhm wtf... lol

i wish core design would come back :( me misses them

ohwell tuff ****e

I wish too..Core design was the best,and,will be too,always.. :o:hug:

stereopathic
12-08-09, 21:34

quite possibly my favorite post ever.

Phlip
12-08-09, 21:36
Did you seriously have the word the title in the way you did? :(

adventurerLara
12-08-09, 21:37

:tmb:

Kelly Craftman
12-08-09, 21:39
Did you seriously have the word the title in the way you did? :(

it would've been came Back! ;)

TRhalloween
12-08-09, 21:39
Are other companies incapable of making a good game?

tomblover
12-08-09, 21:40
Core Design doesn't exist anymore. *Sobs, pulls out butcher knife and cuts self*

Nerd For Life
12-08-09, 21:41
quite possibly my favorite post ever.

:tmb:

Why thank you!

*Sobs, pulls out butcher knife and cuts self*

No, don't! You have so much to live for!

Wait... Core are gone?

*shoots self*

Tihocan9
12-08-09, 21:42
Are other companies incapable of making a good game?

You could have the same people that made TR1 but with a different name and people would still think they did it wrong just because their name isn't CORE. Some people can't be happy with what they get.

Tomb-Dude
12-08-09, 21:47
hmmm, yes lets all go back to the days when Laras hands where blocks! :)
Crystal have brought Lara back, and some people are just bashing them just because Tomb Raider isn't like Tomb Raider. Core's Tomb Raider is obversly totally different from Crystals.it doesn't take much to know that Core Design aren't around anymore they have all moved on. Personally i think Crystal have moved in the right direction

I agree with you 100%

Core were good back in the day, Tomb Raider has moved on. Lets all cry core design are no longer here. Seriously, they aint coming back. I've played it since i was 5 years old too, but seriously. This topic is boring and so out dated now, really need to stop going on about it :)

da tomb raider!
12-08-09, 21:49
Sadly, it's never going to happen. Core Design will never come back. Eidos will never try and reform it, and even if they did, everybody who used to work there almost certainly won't be interested - they weren't treated very well by Eidos, after all, and on top of that, they've either got jobs at other video games companies now or, like the very founder of Core Design, have left the video games industry altogether. Even if the ex-Core Design employees were interested in reforming (and who knows, they may very well be interested), I doubt they'd bother returning to Eidos.

Which is a shame, if you ask me. They hardly deserved what they got, considering everything they did when they were around, but hey, that's Eidos for you. And it's not like things have gotten better since Core Design were fed to the wolves - two reboots in 3 years? That's hardly a prosperous sign...

Reggie
12-08-09, 21:51
^Good post. :)

Reassembling the whole team of old and handing the reigns back to them is lunacy at this stage. I loved the games of old but can anyone here really imagine Core Design being reassembled which is unlikely given that most are now tied up in other projects or leading new jobs and even if they did reassemble, would Eidos really want to re-hire them? Its sad that Core are gone and the circumstances in which they were eventually disolved (as well their succession of failed reformed companies) but its time to move on, they have.

peeves
12-08-09, 22:19
I wish Core would come back also but the sad news they don't exist no more core won't come back period. :( PS TR is now in its third continuity 2nd coninuity eidos was around with CD but 3rd Eidos is gone and square enix taken over with CD.

Mokono
12-08-09, 22:31
Sadly, it's never going to happen. Core Design will never come back. Eidos will never try and reform it, and even if they did, everybody who used to work there almost certainly won't be interested - they weren't treated very well by Eidos, after all, and on top of that, they've either got jobs at other video games companies now or, like the very founder of Core Design, have left the video games industry altogether. Even if the ex-Core Design employees were interested in reforming (and who knows, they may very well be interested), I doubt they'd bother returning to Eidos.

Which is a shame, if you ask me. They hardly deserved what they got, considering everything they did when they were around, but hey, that's Eidos for you. And it's not like things have gotten better since Core Design were fed to the wolves - two reboots in 3 years? That's hardly a prosperous sign...

I agree :tmb:.

peeves
12-08-09, 22:33
You mean 2 reboots in 6 years as core got fed to the dogs in 03 and eidos got fed in 09.

larafan25
12-08-09, 22:38
But what is if eidos could bring back one for one the key programmers from their companies just for releasing that game?(im very depressed :-'( cuz ive played tomb raider since i was 5 years old)

well unfortunately you will be depressed forever:hug:, either that or grow some balls and play the new games:D

what does prosperous mean?:)

TRhalloween
12-08-09, 22:42

I know this guy called Google who knows.

larafan25
12-08-09, 22:44
^really, he sounds smart, almost...computer programed:O

:)

Rai
12-08-09, 22:45
Well ya know Toby Gard came back :pi:

Core is gone, they had their time on Tomb Raider. And ruddy good games they were too.

Crystal have made 3 Tomb Raider games which were, imo, equally good - in different ways. Let's look forwaard to TR9, not to the past. That's Lara's job.

Prosperous = wealthy and successful. - Chambers Dictionary. :)

da tomb raider!
12-08-09, 22:46
You mean 2 reboots in 6 years as core got fed to the dogs in 03 and eidos got fed in 09.

True, but I was referring to when Legend was released (2006) and when Origins was announced (2009). At any rate, 6 years or not, it's still a short amount of time to have two reboots if you ask me. We've had three games since the last reboot, and now it's time for another, already? Not a good sign. Reboots are often successful (look at Batman) but reboots usually only occur when things have gone wrong (again, look at Batman).

In a nutshell, it means successful.

Megalith
12-08-09, 22:46
Even if the ex-Core Design employees were interested in reforming (and who knows, they may very well be interested), I doubt they'd bother returning to Eidos.

You know what?I would've love it if one day they decided to re-assemble in order to make a new game that had the same values the classic Tomb Raiders had and managed to successfully pitch it to a big publisher like Sony,MS,EA or someone else.
And if this new franchise became successful,Eidos would really cry with envy!:mis::jmp:

da tomb raider!
12-08-09, 22:52
You know what?I would've love it if one day they decided to re-assemble in order to make a new game that had the same values the classic Tomb Raiders had and managed to successfully pitch it to a big publisher like Sony,MS,EA or someone else.
And if this new franchise became successful,Eidos would really cry with envy!:mis::jmp:

Absolutely. :D Perhaps my biggest gaming dream would be for something like this to happen, for Core Design to return to their former glory, but sadly, it's very unlikely, if not impossible. Some former Core Design members have already tried that with CiRCLE Studio and Crush Digital, but those companies and their games never took off. Such a shame.

jarekhanzelka
12-08-09, 22:56
It's a cute wish...which will never come true. But hey, we still can keep dreaming, and then I suggest you to check out custom levels - the really good ones recreate the classic TR feeling quite succesfully:tmb:

Megalith
12-08-09, 23:32
Absolutely. :D Perhaps my biggest gaming dream would be for something like this to happen, for Core Design to return to their former glory, but sadly, it's very unlikely, if not impossible. Some former Core Design members have already tried that with CiRCLE Studio and Crush Digital, but those companies and their games never took off. Such a shame.

I think that eventually it all comes down to the concept idea and how much the publisher behind the team believes and supports the developers.As Crush Digital indeed they weren't successful enough but success takes time and (usually) many tries as well.Core Design made many games before they were relatively successful first with Rick Dangerous and then with Tomb Raider.
Look at Naughty Dog for example.Both Crash and Jack & Dexter were very good games but not even near as good or as popular as the classic Tomb Raider were.But they were fortunate enough to have the full support of a publisher like Sony and look what they did with Uncharted.

If the Core members could find a publisher like that and had a solid project that they were excited to work on,i'm sure that we wouldn't believe our eyes with the final result...Their talents still exist and will never disappear.They only need someone to put them together again,invest in their talent and ignite it back into action.;)

larafan25
12-08-09, 23:37
I don't want them to come back:)

I'd rather look forward, build for the future and see what CD can do:)

Megalith
12-08-09, 23:40

Weren't the last three games enough to see what they can or can't do?

VictorXD
13-08-09, 00:56
I don't want them to come back:)

Exatually! Really man Core made their own way out, and I doubt they want to come back with TR. And CD are really good, you cann not see it but every is so detailed, worked, revised, but with Core's games wasn't actually like that:/ And just like someone has said already: either you stop being a TR who just think on the past or you grown some balls and face what TR is now:rolleyes: Sorry but thats the true:/

larafan25
13-08-09, 01:54
Weren't the last three games enough to see what they can or can't do?

core made their games and got to go untill they failed hard...I'll give CD the same amount of games:)

it's obvious they are improving, it's not like they are bad developers and everyone has their different ideas of how tomb raider should be made:)

GameGlitcher77
13-08-09, 04:31
Well the only way to get Core Design back on Tomb Raider is to give Tomb Raider to the Rebellion devolpment team because they are technically
Core Design's former employees:D:D:cln::)

Drone
13-08-09, 04:36

what if there won't be eidos anymore? What if Core comes back but will work with someone else on TR? All I need is to have Core back.

Ceamonks890
13-08-09, 05:08
Sometimes I actually wish Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games or Ubisoft would have the TR franchise after Core instead of Crystal. I have nothing against Crystal's games. They're very good in their own way but they keep rushing the games just to get them released on time(mostly Eidos's fault). While with Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games and Ubisoft, they all have great games on their side and actually take their time with their games, releasing them when they're actually finished.

Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot PS1 games, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted(even though Uncharted is ripping-off Tomb Raider, Naughty Dog made Uncharted more TR than what TR has been trying to be while with Crystal)

Insomniac Games: Spyro PS1 games, Ratchet and Clank.

Ubisoft: Prince of Persia SoT Trilogy, Assassin's Creed.

Either one of these companies would have been good to see TR made by to me. Imagine what they could have introduced to the franchise. But we haven't seen what Square-Enix are going to do to TR(Will it be a success or a failure?) Hopefully a success. So I'm keeping an open mind for what Square-Enix can bring to the franchise with TR9:)

Laras Boyfr.
13-08-09, 05:56
You are all so right . Lets hope that the future TR games will be better than ever.doesnt has eidos a forum or mail where we can post advices and comments to the future tomb raider games?(I HEARD TR9 WILL RELEASE 2012!)

TRGamer8
14-08-09, 20:34
I prefer Crystal Dynamics :D

Sir Croft
14-08-09, 20:36
If that was up to me, I'd pick a a new developer instead of CD or Core. But between them I'd pick CD because going back to Core won't help.