PDA

View Full Version : Silly but Scary

remote91
12-08-09, 23:03
What are the little things that you used to do, or still do scare you even though it's just something silly? :p

I have to say, since I was a child I've lived in the same house, and whenever I am coming down the stairs in the dark I have to run because I ALWAYS think something or someone is going to grab me through the bannister at the top of the stairs.

Croft, Lara
12-08-09, 23:05
There is a room in TRC that has nothing in it, but I get scared going through because I had a nightmare about that room.

Catracoth
12-08-09, 23:09
When I used go upstairs or downstairs at night, (there's two doorways on each side--my bedroom and spare room on the right, my father's computer room and my parents' bedroom on the left, and the bathroom is straight ahead) I always run past my spare bedroom because I used to think I saw Michael Myers standing there.

Now, I pass by like nothing is wrong, but only when I'm not home alone. If I'm home alone, I freak out at every provocation, whether it be the slightest bump or a pin drop. One time, I called the police because I heard a bang up in the attic and I thought someone was up there (like in When a Stranger Calls) and I was scared for my life. False alarm, but the police officers just laughed and said I need to relax.

Tihocan9
12-08-09, 23:10
I used to think when I was little that a monster would come up out of the toilet while I was sitting on it and suck me in :tea:

matrix54
12-08-09, 23:10
I got "chased" by a bee when I was younger and when a bee comes by, I feel the need to get as far away as possible when I KNOW they are completely harmless. Sting and Die :mis:

Laralissa
12-08-09, 23:11
I cant sit on the 'gaps' in the sofa when watching tv. I also get really nervous being in the corridor when its dark, late at night. Stupid parranoid things like that :p

Catracoth
12-08-09, 23:12
I used to think when I was little that a monster would come up out of the toilet while I was sitting on it and suck me in :tea:

Ugh, don't even get me started on that. Ever since I saw a spider climb out of the toilet in that movie Arachnophobia, I'll do anything to expedite my time sitting on the toilet. That, and after seeing Dreamcatcher, I'm afraid that this thing (http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/27/dreamcatcher17.jpg) will shoot out of the toilet right into my butt.

:vlol:

mind

Yeah even now I can see tentacles coming out of the toilet. :D

Punaxe
The sound of the toilet flushing at night. It was so extremely loud compared to the silence of the night, so whenever I had peed or whatever, I quickly pressed the button and raced back to my bed.

miss.haggard
When I bend over to rinse my face off in the sink, I ALWAYS glance up to make sure no one is in the mirror behind me before I fully stand up :D

Cloe Christina
12-08-09, 23:14
What are the little things that you used to do, or still do scare you even though it's just something silly? :p

I have to say, since I was a child I've lived in the same house, and whenever I am coming down the stairs in the dark I have to run because I ALWAYS think something or someone is going to grab me through the bannister at the top of the stairs.

omg......i do that....and coming up the stairs......

Tihocan9
12-08-09, 23:15
The sound of the toilet flushing at night. It was so extremely loud compared to the silence of the night, so whenever I had peed or whatever, I quickly pressed the button and raced back to my bed.

Same here, I always thought my parents would get mad at me for being up (even if it was just to go to the restroom)

larafan25
12-08-09, 23:15
I get freaked out by the smallest things, esspecially when I am sleeping

I HAVE to have the blanket over my head(not fully because I need to breath) and whenever I hear a sound I just stay really still and basically just say "if it is something trying to kill me just let it kill me now" :p

I cannot go swimming alone, not even inc rystal clear pool water, I am terrified of sharks or aligators:p

also, whyen closing windows at night I don't look through them because I am afraid a face will pop up:p

ok so also, I guess when I was younger I was like...well a child from a horror movie:p

I used to fall asleep on the chair in my living room waiting for me mom to come home at 11PM(worked nights) and I'd end up falling asleep, then I'd wake up in the middle of the night not knowing the time, and I'd think she was still at work so I would sit there in the dark singing outloud:)

digitizedboy
12-08-09, 23:26
When I was young I used to tie the two handles together of the wardrobe doors, because I thought something would creep out of it at the night time while I was tyring to sleep.

Now? hmm... I can't be in the same place as a wasp. Must be something to do with being badly stung by them in my childhood.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-08-09, 23:37
I get freaked out by the smallest things, esspecially when I am sleeping

I HAVE to have the blanket over my head(not fully because I need to breath) and whenever I hear a sound I just stay really still and basically just say "if it is something trying to kill me just let it kill me now" :p

I cannot go swimming alone, not even inc rystal clear pool water, I am terrified of sharks or aligators:p

also, whyen closing windows at night I don't look through them because I am afraid a face will pop up:p

ok so also, I guess when I was younger I was like...well a child from a horror movie:p

I used to fall asleep on the chair in my living room waiting for me mom to come home at 11PM(worked nights) and I'd end up falling asleep, then I'd wake up in the middle of the night not knowing the time, and I'd think she was still at work so I would sit there in the dark singing outloud:)

omg that so reminds me of me!

i cant go swimming because im scared of drains
i cant go near fans
i cant play the classic tomb raiders by myself
im scared of the dark
i have the face away from the ladder on my bed incase something comes up
im scared of moths
im frightened of mummies, i swear theyre everywhere haha

TombRaiderLover
12-08-09, 23:43
If I'm washing my hair or my face in the shower, I don't like closing my eyes because I'm paranoid that some evil figure will suddenly appear when I open them.

I'm odd.

larafan25
12-08-09, 23:46
^happens to the best of us......

xXhayleyroxXx
12-08-09, 23:46
If I'm washing my hair or my face in the shower, I don't like closing my eyes because I'm paranoid that some evil figure will suddenly appear when I open them.

I'm odd.

omg yeah but i have to or else shampoo runs in my eyes :ton:
i always think my wrists are automatically going to be slit or something :confused:
weirddd

xx

Catracoth
12-08-09, 23:48

I'm odd.

I recommend listening to the song 'Somebody's Watching Me.'

When I'm in the shower
I'm afraid to wash my hair
'Cause I might open my eyes
And find someone standing there
People say I'm crazy
Just a little touched
But maybe showers remind me
Of Psycho too much

igonge
13-08-09, 00:43
When I'm in my bed, I need to keep my feet from sticking out from under the covers and keep my head under the covers too. I've always done that since I was little, thinking If I didn't, something would grab my feet at the end of the bed or grab my face :o

And I don't like looking at reflections in windows at night or looking out them at night because I'm afraid that something will be there or something will pop up or come through it... Yeah, I'm not a night person.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-08-09, 00:49
When I'm in my bed, I need to keep my feet from sticking out from under the covers and keep my head under the covers too. I've always done that since I was little, thinking If I didn't, something would grab my feet at the end of the bed or grab my face :o

And I don't like looking at reflections in windows at night or looking out them at night because I'm afraid that something will be there or something will pop up or come through it... Yeah, I'm not a night person.

i still do that :O

scremanie
13-08-09, 01:21
The dark.. I'm not that scared of it anymore, but if I am home alone and I have just watched something freaky, I will race to a light and switch it on real fast :o...

A painting of a Jaguar above my Aunties stairs.. When I was little, about 5-7, my Aunty had this painting of a Jaguar (animal) hung up on the wall above her stairs, I would not go down the stairs unless she took it down. It used to stare at me... it was real scary at the time, I used to cry and not want to go down the stairs. Now when I see it I'm just like, meh. My aunty told me that whenever she knew I was coming over, she would have quickly get it down, and when she would forget until I actually arrived, she would have a panic attack and race around trying to get it down. lol.. :o

tombraiderluka
13-08-09, 01:29
I called my mum to come from work to kill a teeny tiny spider a few years ago. I'm really scared of spiders :(

Shark_Blade
13-08-09, 01:35
I felt the same way. :p

Once I secretly went to the university swimming pool at late night. It was locked but I climbed over the fence alone and went for a dip. No idea why.. the dark water at night was so scary!

Whilst I'm beating the water, I always think of a huge shark with horrible teeths is going to swallow me whole, or a huge crocodile or an alligator going to emerge from the black water. Sometimes I think of snakes too, they can float on water you see and I'm afraid if I got bit or got cramped in the middle of the pool no ones gonna help me out.

Honestly, thinking back it was stupid to go alone no matter how cool it seemed. But I always leave an sms to my friends telling them where I went just in case if I went missing lol.

scremanie
13-08-09, 01:56
gvW2fuLYK9M

need I say more...

Lara's Fan
13-08-09, 02:02
When i'm on the computer late at night i sometimes feel like some one is behind me, and even worse i will hear noises and other odd stuff or see things in the corners of my eyes.

Phlip
13-08-09, 02:39
It scares me to close the windows at night since when my hand goes into the cold air I feel like something's gonna grab my wrist.
If I hear even the smallest noise at night, I freeze.

LaraCablara
13-08-09, 02:40
I'm afraid when I flush the toilet the "nasty" wont go down and it will start multiplying and will flood my house :(.

TR love
13-08-09, 02:46
i cant have my curtains open at night, i always feel that a horrible face will appear screaming BOOO

Shark_Blade
13-08-09, 02:51
gvW2fuLYK9M

need I say more...That's just silly lol. :vlol:

Indiana Croft
13-08-09, 02:55
I always have to check the shower before I pee and the closet before I go to bed. Just in case someone thinks they can hide from me.:p

toughraid3r37
13-08-09, 05:16
Lol, I can't go swimming alone in my pool because I have a strong imagination lol. I always think about sharks :(.
Also, i used to run away from the toilet when i flushed it cuz i always was worried the toilet was alive or something :D.

Survival
13-08-09, 07:34
Opened doors / windows with darkness behind them... you know when you canīt see anything at all... still creeps me out because I always think someone could be standing right there watching me and I wouldnīt see them.

Itīs interesting to see how universal some of these fears are... I will propably use them in my next script.

scion05
13-08-09, 09:44
I have a really bad habit of looking over my shoulder, but I have no idea as to why... maybe a repressed memory ? :D

x2crazyidiot
13-08-09, 09:52
jeez, there's loads

- after watching Hills Have Eyes 2, I was always cautious that someone's hand is going to pop out of the toilet O_o
- I hate washing my face and hair, because my eyes are closed and my senses aren't at their peek, so I'm always scared I'll open my eyes to see someone stood there
- I was always scared that, no matter what anyone says, there are crazy inbred cannibals in the world and can get into your house when you're home alone :pi:

rowanlim
13-08-09, 10:07

Hmm..I supposed being afraid of the microwave oven qualifies.

Your_Envy*
13-08-09, 10:13
I look under my bed before I got sleep.. :D
And I'm usualy jumping around when I see a bee. :whi:

Noodleboy
13-08-09, 10:48
When I have to go to the storage box underneath my appartement building at night I always get scared because it has this strange and creepy vibe to it as soon as it gets dark..

- I hate washing my face and hair, because my eyes are closed and my senses aren't at their peek, so I'm always scared I'll open my eyes to see someone stood there

This too sometimes when I'm home alone

sheepydee
13-08-09, 10:53
, and whenever I am coming down the stairs in the dark I have to run because I ALWAYS think something or someone is going to grab me through the bannister at the top of the stairs.
Raaaa omg im so like that! except its my own fault because i think its scissorman or something scary because i play clock tower too much D=

TTV
13-08-09, 14:26
Same. :pi: Except I thought it would be Randle from Monsters Inc. :pi:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/monsters__inc_/randall.jpg

NemesisX13X
13-08-09, 14:31
^ Thats so cute! :p

I used to be afraid of walking into a very dark room when I was a kid, because I imagine bloody demons running out and about to attack me :vlol: But now Im fine with it, really :p

xx_Hunt_xx
13-08-09, 14:33
I affraid of being left alone as a kid. I know alot of kids where, but i was to the extreme, i was petrified of being left alone. So much so id have panic attacks at the thought of it. If me and my mum went the shop and she asked me to go get something....i cudnt go..as it means id be left on my own for a bit. Was strange.

Marianna12
13-08-09, 14:42
Let me see...
I freeze everytime I hear noises at night
I'm afraid of insects...even ants!

i cant have my curtains open at night, i always feel that a horrible face will appear screaming BOOO

- I was always scared that, no matter what anyone says, there are crazy inbred cannibals in the world and can get into your house when you're home alone :pi:

and these!^:D

Ikas90
13-08-09, 15:18
I used to be scared of the moon when it was in its Gibbous phase. Wasn't scared of the other phases. But because the Gibbous moon was kind of oval, I thought it looked kind of scary. For no reason.

Autistic tendency.

Also, I used to be scared of Thomas the Tank Engine's face on my pillow. Wasn't scared of it elsewhere; in books, on TV, etc. Only the one on the pillow case. I used to cover his face with a book so that I could sleep at night.

Autistic tendency.