PDA

View Full Version : Games very similar to Tomb Raider?

scremanie
13-08-09, 07:36
Hi, I'm looking for games very similar or in the same genre of Tomb Raider, for PS3. Not Uncharted, I already finished that :). I have played Prince of Persia, but I did not like the new one.. it was too... different to the older ones.:o

I'm basically looking for Adventure games with a bit of puzzle and exploration, where you can climb around on ledges and whatnot. Something like that... not GTA either, I has them all :D

Games I have, or I have played.
Mirrors Edge
Metal Gear Solid 4
GTAIV
Tomb Raider Underworld
Elder Scrolls IV
Prince of Persia
Saints Row 2
The Godfather II
Damnation
Destroy all Humans! Path of the Furon
Afro Samurai
Assassins Creed
Silent Hill Homecoming
Alone in the Dark
Uncharted
Bionic Commando
RE5

Thats all I can remember :S, within the same sort of genre any way.

EternoD
13-08-09, 07:38
well, if you liked GTA 4, then i suggest Saint's Row 2. it's very similar.
if you're looking for ledge climbing type things... maybe try Assassin's Creed? that game can get very frustrating though. another game i reccomend is Silent Hill Homecoming. ;)

scremanie
13-08-09, 07:46
well, if you liked GTA 4, then i suggest Saint's Row 2. it's very similar.
if you're looking for ledge climbing type things... maybe try Assassin's Creed? that game can get very frustrating though. another game i reccomend is Silent Hill Homecoming. ;)

Thank you for the quick reply :D, but sadly, I have played all of them :o

I should list all the games I have and what I have played... but when I try and think of them all, my mind goes blank..

LaraRules81
13-08-09, 07:56
Which Prince of Persia have you played, screamanie?

scremanie
13-08-09, 08:03
All of them :), the older ones on the PS2 were my favorite :)

I don't really like the new one with the new game style... Elika is pretty cool, but I just don't like it O_O...

LaraRules81
13-08-09, 08:14
Personally, I would reccomend The Spiderwick Chronicles; if you're into magical fantasy worlds, with plenty of action and adventure then this would be perfect :) Or The Golden Compass; the same as above only it's less so like TR. Or Bolt (Yes I'm talking about Disney's Bolt :pi:) it's very adventure and puzzle based and is very reminiscent of TR.

But those are my opinions, whether you'll like them or not is a different matter :p

drakl0r
13-08-09, 08:15
Have you played Resident Evil 4?

scremanie
13-08-09, 08:22
Personally, I would reccomend The Spiderwick Chronicles; if you're into magical fantasy worlds, with plenty of action and adventure then this would be perfect :) Or The Golden Compass; the same as above only it's less so like TR. Or Bolt (Yes I'm talking about Disney's Bolt :pi:) it's very adventure and puzzle based and is very reminiscent of TR.

But those are my opinions, whether you'll like them or not is a different matter :p
Oh, I played Bolt on my PS2 a while back, is it any different on PS3? :)
I will have to rent the Golden Compass and Spiderwick Chronicles to see how they are first lol. :)

Have you played Resident Evil 4?

Yes :) it scared me :o. But I loved RE5 :D
But I'm looking for things on PS3. Unfortunately my PS3 is not backwards compatible :(

LaraRules81
13-08-09, 08:24
Oh, I played Bolt on my PS2 a while back, is it any different on PS3? :)
I will have to rent the Golden Compass and Spiderwick Chronicles to see how they are first lol. :)

I played it on PS2 too ^_^ Cool, I hope you enjoy them :hug:

scremanie
13-08-09, 08:30
I played it on PS2 too ^_^ Cool, I hope you enjoy them :hug:

Thank you :) I will :hug:

January_Snow*
13-08-09, 08:49
Umm Ill make a wild stab in the dark, you can try the biggest TR nockoff Uncharted :)

BlackRainbow
13-08-09, 08:52
I absolutely love Drakan: The Order of the Flame. :) Many have said it's like Tomb Raider but with a sword, and I kinda agree. You can't climb on ledges, though, and Rynn misses quite many of Lara's special abilities. But it's a great adventure game and I think you should try it out! :tmb: The first game's graphics are a bit... hacky, reminds me of TR5's, but meh, who cares if it has a great storyline and lovely gameplay? :D Although it can be kinda hard to grab a copy when it's such an old game...
Oh well, the 2nd game, Drakan: The Ancients' Gates, I sadly don't know much about (I've just ordered it :o) so I can't really tell you that it's a superb game 100%. I have to try it out myself first, then I can give you a short review of it.

http://i25.************/20qjal5.jpg

^ I think this is from the 2nd game.

scremanie
13-08-09, 08:57
Oh I love Draken: Order of the flame! :D I have it on PC :hug:

I want to play the second one as well, when you get it, could you tell me how it is? :)

BlackRainbow
13-08-09, 08:58
Haha, that's great! :D

Sure thing. I'll tell you everything, don't worry. :tmb:

scremanie
13-08-09, 09:42
Aw, thank you :hug:

michaeldt
13-08-09, 13:25
have you played RE4? its fantastic! A mind blowing game! (IMO)