PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure

Nenya awakens
13-08-09, 13:55
So i went to the doctors this morning to have my second blood pressure test as they were concerned as my last one was very high.

They are worried as my results show that my Blood pressure is 150/105 and for a guy of my age (22) this is apparently quite high, i need to go back on tuesday for another test and if its any higher they are going to book me in to see a cardiologist at my local hospital.

is this something to be worried about? does anyone have high blood pressure? my nan does and she said that for a guy of 22 its very high.

:(

Mokono
13-08-09, 14:22
I have Cholesterolemia between 200 & 239 mg/dL... It's high for a person of your age, but there might be several causes (if you never had it before). Maybe you'll find out when you see your cardiologist. I hope you'll do fine.

Your_Envy*
13-08-09, 14:23
Awww I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it will be better. :hug:

I have reverse.. Mine is really low. :(

Anyway, did doctors say why you have high blood pressure? Read this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertension#Signs_and_symptoms) article on Wikipedia, maybe it helps. I really hope it's nothing serious. :hug:

irjudd
13-08-09, 14:29
So i went to the doctors this morning to have my second blood pressure test as they were concerned as my last one was very high.

They are worried as my results show that my Blood pressure is 150/105 and for a guy of my age (22) this is apparently quite high, i need to go back on tuesday for another test and if its any higher they are going to book me in to see a cardiologist at my local hospital.

is this something to be worried about? does anyone have high blood pressure? my nan does and she said that for a guy of 22 its very high.

:(
The last time I went to the doctor (last year) the nurse had to take my blood pressure more than once because she thought it was an error to be quite so high at my age.

xx_Hunt_xx
13-08-09, 14:31
It is high, but i wouldnt worry till you go back again. Even then if its still high you be seeing the cardiologist who will help you out.
Could be due to many things your high blood pressure. So i wouldnt really worry that much untill you go back for another check up on it.

Shark_Blade
13-08-09, 15:29
Once I had high blood pressure during my university year. Apparently I lack sleep cause I've been going out with friends or studying late night and eating fast food too much.

With control, evrything went back to normal. I was scared at first but nothing to be afraid of if you know how to tackle the situation. :)

Eleana
13-08-09, 15:42
Blood pressure isn't always a constant. For 22, that is high. Don't panic though, there are loads of things you can do to lower your blood pressure; eating healthy (avoiding fatty foods), drink in moderation, getting plenty of exercise. Also smoking can cause high blood pressure but I don't know whether this apply's to you personally. Stress and lack of sleep really doesn't help either, so take it easy.

I imagine its only a temporary problem so don't worry at all. (I don't mean to sound like a know-all, but part of my pharmacy dispenser training was to take blood pressure, diabete's test, cholesterol tests etc)

Don't panic until you've spoken to the doctor. If they have any concerns there are so many ways to bring it back down to normal for you. :hug:

Nenya awakens
14-08-09, 00:10
Blood pressure isn't always a constant. For 22, that is high. Don't panic though, there are loads of things you can do to lower your blood pressure; eating healthy (avoiding fatty foods), drink in moderation, getting plenty of exercise. Also smoking can cause high blood pressure but I don't know whether this apply's to you personally. Stress and lack of sleep really doesn't help either, so take it easy.

I imagine its only a temporary problem so don't worry at all. (I don't mean to sound like a know-all, but part of my pharmacy dispenser training was to take blood pressure, diabete's test, cholesterol tests etc)

Don't panic until you've spoken to the doctor. If they have any concerns there are so many ways to bring it back down to normal for you. :hug:

well i have just started working out, but recently i got a bit overweight, i smoke and i drink far to much,

i was tested 3 months ago and it was 144/105 so in a few months its gone up to 150/105

Awww I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it will be better. :hug:

I have reverse.. Mine is really low. :(

Anyway, did doctors say why you have high blood pressure? Read this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertension#Signs_and_symptoms) article on Wikipedia, maybe it helps. I really hope it's nothing serious. :hug:

No she gave me no reason as to why it could be high, it could be a number of things.

LaraLuvrrr
14-08-09, 00:44
I have or had prehypertension. I can tell you everything I learned to lower mine.

-Exercise everyday
-Get enough sleep
-Stay away from salt and sodium and processed foods
-Gradually lose weight
-Some things you can take to help lower it are

drinking cocoa powder, tomato juice (some add cayenne pepper), 4 garlic cloves a day (I mash em and take them as a shot with orange juice), green tea, berries and pomegranate juice. I've also heard juicing celery is a good way to assist the kidneys and naturally lower your blood pressure. Hawthorn extract has been shown in Germany to lower blood pressure. I tried it however and didnt see much of a difference.

Of all of these exercise and sleep are the most important. My blood pressure would drop dramatically after one session of intense exercise.

Shark_Blade
14-08-09, 01:34
^Good advise LaraLuvrr. :tmb:

Especially get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to many other bad side effects.

voltz
14-08-09, 04:24
The other day I was trying out one of those seated machines for checking your pressure and was shocked to see myself at 167 :eek:. After a few minutes I came back and tested again with 141 and figured that's just because I was calming down from working so hard.

Hopefully I'll be able to test again this weekend to see if I get better results.

LaraLuvrrr
14-08-09, 07:20
The other day I was trying out one of those seated machines for checking your pressure and was shocked to see myself at 167 :eek:. After a few minutes I came back and tested again with 141 and figured that's just because I was calming down from working so hard.

Hopefully I'll be able to test again this weekend to see if I get better results.

141 is clinically high blood pressure... : /