PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever associated any songs with Tomb Raider?

scremanie
14-08-09, 01:04
Just what the title says :D.

Have you ever heard a song and it just makes you think of Tomb Raider? if so, what song?

I have 3...

1) Misery Business - Paramore.

2) Die another day - Madonna.

3) Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

VictorXD
14-08-09, 01:05
Those movie's song, the ones of U2

Catracoth
14-08-09, 01:07
Spitfire - The Prodigy

It was used in the original trailer for Tomb Raider Legend:

CFbJ-1aEZlE

I love that song.

1) Misery Business - Paramore.

Really? That's an interesting connection! How does it remind you of Tomb Raider? I love Paramore :D.

VictorXD
14-08-09, 01:08
^That one too, and there's another I don't know the name:( But I think its on a TRL trailer though^^

ThatNorskChick
14-08-09, 01:09
"The Pharaoh Sails to Orion" and "Sahara" by Nightwish always make me think of TR4 because of the Egyptian modes and themes....but that's about it.

Mokono
14-08-09, 01:11
Oera House worths listening to Oops! I did it again... while playing.

NemesisX13X
14-08-09, 01:12
Spitfire - The Prodigy

CFbJ-1aEZlE

I love that song.

Really? That's an interesting connection! How does it remind you of Tomb Raider? I love Paramore :D.

OMG! EXACTLY! that game suits TR perfectly! and I love it! :D

Evanescence - Sweet Sacrifice, I know, I know, weird, but I saw it on a fanvid, and thought it actually sounded great! :p

Tombraiderx08
14-08-09, 01:17
Ironic, by alanis morisette :p
4 minutes, Madonna, theres more i just cant remember >.<

scremanie
14-08-09, 01:44
Spitfire - The Prodigy

CFbJ-1aEZlE

I love that song.

I love Paramore too! :D

I know its an odd connection, but it is just one of those songs that are all loud and actiony and awesome. I just love it :D, I made a video with Tomb Raider and that song, but WMG declined it :(, but I managed to find another fan made one :D.

BYUaxcrm5NU

I think that it suits Tomb Raider well :D, Lara's business is a misery.. if that makes sense :S

Catracoth
14-08-09, 02:01
^Fair enough, and yes Miz Biz goes great with Tomb Raider--I saw that video before, I think, or something similar to it.

Ikas90
14-08-09, 03:07
I played through Tomb Raider 3 while listening to Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory and Meteora albums.

Since then, every time I've heard a Linkin Park song from Hybrid Theory or Meteora, I've been reminded of Tomb Raider 3.

takamotosan
14-08-09, 03:13
Swan Lee's "Enter" album always reminds me of TR3, because I bought that album the year I bought TR3, Summer 2007.

t-raider26
14-08-09, 04:19
Whenever I play TRU and I reach the part where Lara shoots Amelia, I always sorta picture Zombie (No pun intended :p) by The Cranberries should be playing for some reason. I have no idea why, even though the song is called zombie it really has nothing to do with the situation *shrug*

Alex Shepherd
14-08-09, 07:22
The most music that fits the Tomb Raider song is where in the TR5 of the 3rd level where you take the stone, and it also appear in the 3 dragons where you meet Larson in the scene of the second level.
And also all the TR2,3 and 4 songs fits the TR games :)

Kelly Craftman
14-08-09, 08:21
Pink - Funhouse Album lol

scremanie
14-08-09, 11:02
Just remember another one of mine.

Are you gonna be my girl - Jet

Reggie
14-08-09, 11:19
b0-i4zNCesk

A bit meh as a song due its cheesiness but its the only one I directly link to Tomb Raider when I hear for obvious reasons. I also identify 'Linger' by The Cranberries with how I feel as a fan. The feeling that I'm a bit of a fool for something I once loved but is no longer the same thing it started out as.

ShadyCroft
14-08-09, 13:41
Eh - leh -vey -tion !!!

woohoohooo ! :p

Chocola teapot
14-08-09, 13:51
Alanis Morrisette, Pretty much every song from her first album including ironic!
I used to watch my dad play TR 1-4 and he used to play that! :D

Explorer
15-08-09, 10:33
I used to listen to music while playing TR in the past, but don't normally do that anymore.

Black Eyed Peas (featuring Macy Gray) - Request Line, makes me think of TR2's Training level.

An early drum and bass tune by LTJ Bukem called Demons reminds me of the TR3 India levels because it has sounds like that of a jungle.

x2crazyidiot
15-08-09, 10:51
Spitfire - The Prodigy

CFbJ-1aEZlE

I love that song.

always this song. I love that trailer for TRL, and Spitfire is my favourite Prodigy song :D

stereopathic
15-08-09, 15:20
there was that one song "From Atlantis to Interzone" by Klaxons that was rumored to be inspired by Natla.

GameGlitcher77
15-08-09, 15:23
For some reason playing the Rome levels in Chronicles reminds me of Viva la Vida by Coldplay.:D:D;)

Origonal
15-08-09, 15:26
Eric Prydz - Call on Me

:vlol:

for when she's flipping about lol

ultima espio
15-08-09, 15:28
Disturbia - Rihanna reminds me of Underworld lol

scremanie
there was that one song "From Atlantis to Interzone" by Klaxons that was rumored to be inspired by Natla.

lol, I cant understand one word in that song. :o

Kelly Craftman
Eric Prydz - Call on Me

for when she's flipping about lol

well thats more weirdier than mine. lol

Nannonxyay
15-08-09, 15:31
How the hell does Misery Buisiness remind someone of TR? The song is about a girl trying to get a boy from this skank bag. :vlol:

scremanie
15-08-09, 15:31

what is it? :mis:

Origonal
15-08-09, 15:35

scremanie
15-08-09, 15:36
How the hell does Misery Buisiness remind someone of TR? The song is about a girl trying to get a boy from this skank bag. :vlol:

No its not lol. Thats just the film clip. The lyrics and the back story is more or less about the things that you put yourself through to get what you want, and some of those things are complete misery. Basically they're just saying its a hard life.

Well, thats how I see it and interpret it. :)

TRGamer8
15-08-09, 15:51
Evanescence - Bring me to life.
Prodigy - Spitfire ;)