PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline doding the centaurs

Roman5
14-08-09, 02:44
Well I did the whole of the cistern level with no walkthrough and only missed one lever to get an artifact. :)

I'm at the temple now in the Tomb of Tihocan level, and 2 centaurs with shields want a piece of me. I understand what I have to do to get their shields first. The problem is, as soon as I turn back to face them after having looked away (so not to turn into stone) the screen goes into slo mo but the centaur is already so close to me I don't really have time to see a reticle on his head, let alone shoot it. Once or twice I've been able to perform the adrenaline dodge, but I've not been able to shoot at the head. How soon after turning away from them should I turn back?

just croft
14-08-09, 02:52
If you can't see the reticules then the centaurs are starting charge too close to you. Try getting a little be farther away from them.

Roman5
14-08-09, 03:28
If you can't see the reticules then the centaurs are starting charge too close to you. Try getting a little be farther away from them.

Ok, will do. Are they meant to go into slo mo everytime after they're enraged and then go green, or is it random?

ViNi__
14-08-09, 03:34
When you see a "flash" above their heads, they will come in your direction.
Then you must activate the Adrenaline when the button appears in the screen.
You do this pressing the adrenaline button (shift on pc? :confused:) plus one of the four directions, it's better that you use right or left in this boss....
When the red circle locks in one centaur's head, shoot, so it will be stunned for a while.
In this moment, use the grapple to take off its shield :p
when one of them uses the green light on you, catch the shield and stay in front of it.
It will become a stone statue, so, shoot until it breaks...
this is valid for the two centaurs :tmb:

Roman5
14-08-09, 03:51
When you see a "flash" above their heads, they will come in your direction.
Then you must activate the Adrenaline when the button appears in the screen.
You do this pressing the adrenaline button (shift on pc? :confused:) plus one of the four directions, it's better that you use right or left in this boss....
When the red circle locks in one centaur's head, shoot, so it will be stunned for a while.
In this moment, use the grapple to take off its shield :p
when one of them uses the green light on you, catch the shield and stay in front of it.
It will become a stone statue, so, shoot until it breaks...
this is valid for the two centaurs :tmb:

Well, sometimes when I press left and shift, or any key and shift, she just crouches without shooting and rolling. I think I need to set the combat mode to advanced toggle to keep a lock on the charging centaur, that might make the dodge easier. At the moment, I'm on manual combat mode and she keeps holstering her guns just before getting charged in slo mo which I think is what is messing up the side roll and shooting. I have now seen the red reticules a couple of times.

But wtf, just now I got one centaur to drop his shield in front of his head, and the grapple did not latch on and the interact button didn't pull it off.

Roman5
16-08-09, 18:12
Did it! Finally. :D

Well, it took several hours until I finally mastered the timing of the adrenaline dodge, knowing when to pick up the shields and deflect the beams, and quickly changing to more powerful guns to deplete it's health while petrified.
Hard, but considerably more manageable with combat auto toggle, at least she keeps her guns pointed just before the dodge. Now I'm at the start of egypt. :)