PDA

View Full Version : Two stupid Christian girls

Solice
14-08-09, 05:22
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3nPRinlChU):hea:

It's just amazing how programmed they are. Perhaps when they get older they will learn to think on their own and understand that people are different, and that is a good thing.

I just know that when I was there age, I was already much further along than they are in understanding the world.

TRhalloween
14-08-09, 05:28
They cannot be serious :eek:

SpongeBob Lover
14-08-09, 05:31
i really hope its one of those youtube jokes!!!

stuff like this annoys the heck out of me

Mokono
14-08-09, 05:32
Looks staged.

Catracoth
14-08-09, 05:32
Those two deserve a pimp slap.

http://i27.************/21m99qq.jpg

Mokono
14-08-09, 05:34
Reminds me of this movie:

je18yGc6jXk

TRhalloween
14-08-09, 05:34
Looks staged.

That's what I think :o

Tombraiderx08
14-08-09, 05:36
"one regular one" wtf is wrong with that girl.

Tihocan9
14-08-09, 05:40
Ok, first let me say it seems to me like your calling them idiots for attacking her when you seem to be attacking them...hypocritical much?

Maybe because I am Christian I feel like I have a duty to defend my religion from being generalized and stereotyped by the image two girls put out. Most Christians aren't like that, or at least the ones I know (who are mostly Catholic if that makes a difference).

But I do agree that they seem to be ganging up on her and as friends they should not ever try and convert her but perhaps they could both teach each other about their different religions to come to a common ground that both parties are happy with. But attacking them for doing what they feel is their religious duty is wrong and you claiming have more understanding than they do is wrong as you do just about the same thing.

When trying to make a statement about someone's intelligence in the future I would think it best to refrain from bring their religion into that title.

Although I agree with the poster above, it does look very staged.

Kapu
14-08-09, 05:40
I really really hope they were acting, because those are two of the most horrible girls I've EVER seen.

Tombraiderx08
14-08-09, 05:44
It just really disgusts me that people talk about how religious and stuff they are but then they do these horribly cruel things to people!

Dark Lugia 2
14-08-09, 05:45
"I'll come again, I gotta go, youknow, eat my rice..."

It looks staged imo. Theres loads of cuts because they started laughing.

takamotosan
14-08-09, 05:46
Nvm.
This isn't real.
It's satire.

Tihocan9
14-08-09, 05:48
It just really disgusts me that people talk about how religious and stuff they are but then they do these horribly cruel things to people!

You know some people that try to convert people truly believe they were/are doing good. They feel that they need to save their souls from eternal suffering if they don't convert them. I am not saying it is right to convert people, I feel that teaching others about your religion is great and if they want to convert then fine but telling them to is wrong, in my opinion.

Uzi master
14-08-09, 05:53
Ok, first let me say it seems to me like your calling them idiots for attacking her when you seem to be attacking them...hypocritical much?

Maybe because I am Christian I feel like I have a duty to defend my religion from being generalized and stereotyped by the image two girls put out. Most Christians aren't like that, or at least the ones I know (who are mostly Catholic if that makes a difference).

But I do agree that they seem to be ganging up on her and as friends they should not ever try and convert her but perhaps they could both teach each other about their different religions to come to a common ground that both parties are happy with. But attacking them for doing what they feel is their religious duty is wrong and you claiming have more understanding than they do is wrong as you do just about the same thing.

When trying to make a statement about someone's intelligence in the future I would think it best to refrain from bring their religion into that title.

Although I agree with the poster above, it does look very staged.

no one was generallizing christianity they where commenting on the particular christians, more specifically how they were discreminating the hindu.

Tihocan9
14-08-09, 05:57
no one was generallizing christianity they where commenting on the particular christians, more specifically how they were discreminating the hindu.

Maybe it's just me but I definitely detected a hint of anger towards Christianity, I am not saying I am right just what I think, I'm not here to start a fight just trying to give the other side of the argument, however unpopular it might be.

Andariel
14-08-09, 05:58
I have little respect for these type of religious people because they can't seem to respect others for being different than them. I recommend they go to the town halls this summer and just shout like demons considering people like them have been doing it all this month.

Ikas90
14-08-09, 05:59
Retards. They make our religion look bad.

They are so going to hell, lol. The two white chicks, I mean.

Uzi master
14-08-09, 06:02
If christianity is rite that is. or was that just a clever joke?

ECB
14-08-09, 06:15
I'm pretty sure this is staged, but if it's not... Ugh. People like them drive me up the wall. I'm Catholic and go to a Catholic School. No one is like that! We take a World Religions class to see other religions and how we should respect everyone's views on life. To each his own. Again, this is probably staged. If not, that poor girl... I just want to help her out.

Tihocan9
14-08-09, 06:18
I'm pretty sure this is staged, but if it's not... Ugh. People like them drive me up the wall. I'm Catholic and go to a Catholic School. No one is like that! We take a World Religions class to see other religions and how we should respect everyone's views on life. To each his own. Again, this is probably staged. If not, that poor girl... I just want to help her out.

From what I have seen us Catholics seem to not spread our religion around a lot, or at least not as much as non-Catholic Christians do. At least that's what I've observed.

ECB
14-08-09, 06:23
From what I have seen us Catholics seem to not spread our religion around a lot, or at least not as much as non-Catholic Christians do. At least that's what I've observed.

Yeah. Catholics as a whole seem a lot more subtle and conservative.

t-raider26
14-08-09, 07:20
REALLY!??!!!?!? (http://www.kaplanchiropractic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/snl_really1.jpg):yik:Are people really that closed-minded!!!! Her parents need a punch in the face:ohn:

Goose
14-08-09, 07:33
To be honest i cant figure out how Christianity in America is like it is, how can something like Mormonism and pastors and all that come from the Church of England? The CofE is probably the most lax main version of Christianity ever, have as many wives as you like, provided you kill them first!

The vids pretty much staged though.

Cochrane
14-08-09, 08:10
To be honest i cant figure out how Christianity in America is like it is, how can something like Mormonism and pastors and all that come from the Church of England? The CofE is probably the most lax main version of Christianity ever, have as many wives as you like, provided you kill them first!

First of all, it was divorce — marrying someone else after you've had your wife "legally" executed was not a problem with the catholic church either, as far as I know. Other than that, the original CoE had little to distinguish it, ideologically, from the catholic church. The successors to Henry, however, turned it into a protestant church and made it progressively more strict and conservative, so it does fit, I think.

scremanie
14-08-09, 08:12
They're stupid :wve:

Goose
14-08-09, 08:17
First of all, it was divorce — marrying someone else after you've had your wife "legally" executed was not a problem with the catholic church either, as far as I know. Other than that, the original CoE had little to distinguish it, ideologically, from the catholic church. The successors to Henry, however, turned it into a protestant church and made it progressively more strict and conservative, so it does fit, I think.

Of course its not distinguished ideologically! Neither are, Methodists or anyone else, its all the same book. They didnt turn it, the pope never had anything to do with its origins.

Just the CofE has never held it against me that i only turn up for weddings and funerals! And there appears to be a large difference between members here, and whatever protestants call themselves in America.

Cochrane
14-08-09, 08:26
Of course its not distinguished ideologically! Neither are, Methodists or anyone else, its all the same book. They didnt turn it, the pope never had anything to do with its origins.

Just the CofE has never held it against me that i only turn up for weddings and funerals! And there appears to be a large difference between members here, and whatever protestants call themselves in America.

Well… apart from what I already said (I have to say, I have no real experience with either church, or any german one for that matter), keep in mind that the US were basically founded by groups that were very religiously conservative and did certainly not agree with the Church of England on all or most counts. The actual Church of England has, as far as I know, very little influence in the states.

Goose
14-08-09, 08:29
Well… apart from what I already said (I have to say, I have no real experience with either church, or any german one for that matter), keep in mind that the US were basically founded by groups that were very religiously conservative and did certainly not agree with the Church of England on all or most counts. The actual Church of England has, as far as I know, very little influence in the states.

I wouldnt say thats true, for its first few hundred years of existence it was under our monarch and its theocracy. But of course we had parliament, and it was parliament that governed the empire. So i cant imagine them disagreeing with Anglican values at all, God didnt create the Tax's, parliament did.

I guess it evolution, you would have thought it would be similar to ours but its not.

Raziel66
14-08-09, 08:35
I have watched the whole video and.....I really hope, that it was a joke. Otherwise the two girls are stupid :cen:

Cochrane
14-08-09, 08:49
I wouldnt say thats true, for its first few hundred years of existence it was under our monarch and its theocracy. But of course we had parliament, and it was parliament that governed the empire. So i cant imagine them disagreeing with Anglican values at all, God didnt create the Tax's, parliament did.

I guess it evolution, you would have thought it would be similar to ours but its not.

I'm not so sure. See the Mayflower, which was mainly populated by people who were persecuted for their religion, including in England, and fled to the New World to have freedom of religion. Pennsylvania has a long history of religious tolerance, based on the Quakers, who made it their central place. The Massachusetts Bay Colony was founded by Puritans, who felt that their religion (far more strict than the calvinist Church of England) was being discriminated against in England.

While the colonies were under the formal control of the monarch and the parliament, their influence on religious questions seems to have been rather low. This is in some contrast to spanish and portuguese colonies on the one hand and french (in particular Quebec) on the other, which all remain strictly catholic even to this day.

Goose
14-08-09, 08:54
While the colonies were under the formal control of the monarch and the parliament, their influence on religious questions seems to have been rather low. This is in some contrast to spanish and portuguese colonies on the one hand and french (in particular Quebec) on the other, which all remain strictly catholic even to this day.

Yea, another example of how the church of England isnt really bothered.

My point is that around 72% of people in the UK call themselves Christians on official documents, but only 31% actually participate. People still call themselves it because it has no requests id say. These statistics are what you'd expect in a modern society, but i doubt the percentages in the US are the same.

http://www.vexen.co.uk/UK/religion.html#BI_005

TRenTIs
14-08-09, 09:05
Dumb people are dumb...

ShadyCroft
14-08-09, 09:41
Ok, this is silly. Regardless of what their religion is, this is silly and looks staged.

January_Snow*
14-08-09, 09:51
This is fixed, no one can be such a moron as these two girls, plus the indian girl isnt even defending...If someone would insult my religion (christian ortodox) I would spit in their face...

jackles
14-08-09, 10:40
I would be buying them a decent geograpghy book.

viper456
14-08-09, 10:48
Surely the fact one of them is wearing massive blacked out glasses implies they were staging this? They knew it would upset people? Either way, instead of preaching they should utilising their time better; by like getting a hair cut or something!

Changeling
14-08-09, 10:54
Sickening and horrible, I have no respect for people like the two "regular" girls in this video.

I really hope this was staged.

interstellardave
14-08-09, 11:07
I have to laugh at anyone who takes this video seriously! Youtube is the biggest stage in the world for people to show off, goof off, or just go off... but reality is often not on display! People put stuff on Youtube often just to get reactions. They (all 3 of them) are probably laughing their butts off at the comments to their video.

moodydog
14-08-09, 11:11
ignorant.

nowhere near as bad as this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_WHiHaXdw

Mad Tony
14-08-09, 11:19
ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_WHiHaXdwThey're pretty damn weird. I still don't understand them at all. Apart from their obvious homophobic rants, they also go around with signs saying "thank God for dead US soldiers" and "thank God for 9/11". What's with that?

Mokono
14-08-09, 12:34
Maybe it's just me but I definitely detected a hint of anger towards Christianity, I am not saying I am right just what I think, I'm not here to start a fight just trying to give the other side of the argument, however unpopular it might be.

You mean the fact that there's "Two stupid <Insert Classification Here> girls" as a main title for the thread? Some people is like that and, indeed, sounds generalized. It's like saying "Two stupid <Insert Demonym Here> girls", as long as language works, it transmits the idea of generalization.

But, overall, the thread seems pretty much harmless, since the girls were not even making a good job acting.

ignorant.

IKR? The most interesting thing here is that it started in a single family that is reluctant to leave the country they hate most. Although the lack of professional periodism towards the interview of this members are a clear sign that mainstream media does not approve their ridiculous ideoloy.

Nannonxyay
14-08-09, 12:46
They're pretty damn weird. I still don't understand them at all. Apart from their obvious homophobic rants, they also go around with signs saying "thank God for dead US soldiers" and "thank God for 9/11". What's with that?

They're deluded and believe God kills people as a punishment for people's sins. They believe 9/11 was a result of God's wrath. Basically anyone who isn't within their family are sinners and God does these things because of said sins.

CroftGameGirl
14-08-09, 12:48
Not to bug or anything but does any one know a link to that vid with subtitles? Much appreciated :wve: :) :D

irjudd
14-08-09, 13:15
So what is the purpose of this thread exactly?

IceColdLaraCroft
14-08-09, 14:26
:eek:

OMG..."its like African, but in Asia."

Why does the pale one wear sunglasses inside? Is she THAT sensitive to light?

They're worse than the Muslim invaders in 1000 AD that tried to force Hindu's to convert to Islam :vlol:

I like how gracious and polite Saraa was to the Evil deluded Christians. That one girl kept saying "THE God" and I kept thinking "Allah?"

Afonya
14-08-09, 15:19
Looks staged.

Even if its staged, there are really people like them. I'm pretty tolerant person but I srsly couldn't talk normally with someone who is always trying to proselytize me. And it's really rude to refuse being friends cause of a religion.

Argh. :D

Mokono
14-08-09, 15:20
Even if its staged, there are really people like them. I'm pretty tolerant person but I srsly couldn't talk normally with someone who is always trying to proselytize me. And it's really rude to refuse being friends cause of a religion.

Argh. :D

Of course, the best example is the Westboro Baptist Church, that had also been discussed here... I consider what they do to be more atrocious than what they claim to be the cause of the "Doom".

Dennis's Mom
14-08-09, 15:21
Even if it is staged, these girls deserve a smack for perpetuating a negative stereotype.

x2crazyidiot
14-08-09, 15:31
staged
no-one's THAT retarded

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-08-09, 15:36
The title of this thread is religious discrimination. What if you made a thread called, "Two stupid black girls."? You'd get flamed, and rightfully so. If you made a comment like that in the work place, you could get fired. Naming this thread, "Two stupid girls" would have been better, but the religious discrimination was uncalled for. Not only that, but it's a bit hypocritical for you to say something like that, considering what you've said is far worse than what these girls are doing.

These girls really do have good intentions, they just want to see their friend go to heaven. They might not be making the perfect approach, but if you watch the video, they're being nice to her, and they're not trying to attack her, they're doing what they truly feel is right. They should have backed off when their friend didn't want to hear it, and they definitely shouldn't have said, "I can't be around that." or "I can't be your friend." That was just plain mean, but their original intentions weren't bad, they just don't want to see this girl go to hell.

Regardless of whether you believe someone is right or not, you can't fault them for trying to help you in their own way. If a Hindu witnessed to me because he/ she felt like I was going to go to hell, and he/ she was just trying to help me from the goodness of their heart, I couldn't possibly be mad at them! Their intentions would be good, and I would really appreciate that. I'd simply thank them and carry on my way, because I don't believe in Hinduism.

Same thing with Christianity. People seem to get all offended when Christians share their faith, but they are only trying to HELP. I'm a Christian, and I share my faith from time to time, because I want to help, and I don't want to see anyone go to hell. Of course, I don't talk about it to people who don't want to hear it, but for those that do, out of the compassion in my heart, I'll give the my two cents on everything. Whether they agree with me or not, at the very least, they can appreciate that I cared enough for them to discuss it with them, because despite what most people think about Christians, we don't particularly enjoy sharing out faith. Most Christians flat out don't do it because it takes guts.

But anyway, I'll end my tangent. I'm just trying to get the point out that these girls had the right intentions initially, they just went about it the wrong way, and I think telling that girl they couldn't be friends was terrible.

Mokono
14-08-09, 15:45
The problem is that the video seems to be staged, a huge mockery... I can't see anything honest about them. What's the point in making the video anyways? Thay're also laughing... If they were concerned about the purity of the other girl's soul that conversation would have been more serious and also private. Their own speech can also be countered from the New Testament as well... They fall in the "Phariseism" cathegory.

tomblover
14-08-09, 15:48
African country in Asia? Can I have what she smokes? :vlol:

GameGlitcher77
14-08-09, 16:08
I swear those two white girls are ignorant of their Indian friend's culture and religion . It's pathetic how ****ing stupid they are. *facepalm*

Hermina94
14-08-09, 17:06
Stupid.

TRhalloween
14-08-09, 17:13
If it's fake then Case closed.

AmericanAssassin
14-08-09, 17:14
I don't think this is staged at all. I've met people worse than these little *****es. American's from where I live are very very very ignorant to the outside world. (NOT including me.) One of my friends didn't even know where the oceans were until her last year in high school. She still can't point out the continents. It's sad, but it's true. Those two girls remind me of the idiots that surround me. That's why I come here, where people seem educated. :D

EmeraldFields
14-08-09, 17:43
ignorant.

When they came to Nebraska she was arrested because she allowed her 10 year old to stomp on the US flag. So they arrested her for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor".

Now that she's been ticked off she's been protesting at the high schools!

moodydog
14-08-09, 17:59
The title of this thread is religious discrimination. What if you made a thread called, "Two stupid black girls."? You'd get flamed, and rightfully so. If you made a comment like that in the work place, you could get fired. Naming this thread, "Two stupid girls" would have been better, but the religious discrimination was uncalled for. Not only that, but it's a bit hypocritical for you to say something like that, considering what you've said is far worse than what these girls are doing.

These girls really do have good intentions, they just want to see their friend go to heaven. They might not be making the perfect approach, but if you watch the video, they're being nice to her, and they're not trying to attack her, they're doing what they truly feel is right. They should have backed off when their friend didn't want to hear it, and they definitely shouldn't have said, "I can't be around that." or "I can't be your friend." That was just plain mean, but their original intentions weren't bad, they just don't want to see this girl go to hell.

Regardless of whether you believe someone is right or not, you can't fault them for trying to help you in their own way. If a Hindu witnessed to me because he/ she felt like I was going to go to hell, and he/ she was just trying to help me from the goodness of their heart, I couldn't possibly be mad at them! Their intentions would be good, and I would really appreciate that. I'd simply thank them and carry on my way, because I don't believe in Hinduism.

Same thing with Christianity. People seem to get all offended when Christians share their faith, but they are only trying to HELP. I'm a Christian, and I share my faith from time to time, because I want to help, and I don't want to see anyone go to hell. Of course, I don't talk about it to people who don't want to hear it, but for those that do, out of the compassion in my heart, I'll give the my two cents on everything. Whether they agree with me or not, at the very least, they can appreciate that I cared enough for them to discuss it with them, because despite what most people think about Christians, we don't particularly enjoy sharing out faith. Most Christians flat out don't do it because it takes guts.

But anyway, I'll end my tangent. I'm just trying to get the point out that these girls had the right intentions initially, they just went about it the wrong way, and I think telling that girl they couldn't be friends was terrible.

the things in bold, i really really disagree on
In the most extreme circumstance (and what you said in bold does apply to this), there are some people out there, a very small minority, who believe to fulfill gods will, they need to blow up erything around them including their own lives and the lives of others in to please G-d.

Now, you could say 'ooh, but their intentions are good, they trully felt like they had to blow up soo many people because they beleive it would send them to heaven so i completely apploud them for that'...

but no, it cant work like that, its not logical, and its seriously affects people around them.

Similarly, the girls may feel like they are doing good as they have proberbly been brainwashed by their parents... but its unfortunate and they need to acknowledge what they are saying is actually wrong, and racist, regarless if they were 'only trying to get their friend into heaven'.

Oh, regardless if this is staged or not... this type of stuff actually happens... so its relavent.

finally, if all in bold in your reply were correct, then surely there would be an excuse for any type of behaviour... but there isnt.

Cristina
14-08-09, 18:10
That was stupid

adventurerLara
14-08-09, 18:13
If this is genuine, they have no understanding of different cultures or how to accept them and, for that matter, geography. I don't know how I would feel if I were religious but I would like to think I would have respect for others with differing beliefs.

AmericanAssassin
14-08-09, 18:36
ignorant. nowhere near as bad as this though

mT_WHiHaXdw

Don't even get me started on the Westboro Baptist morons. Anyone who supports their ways of living is an idiot. :rolleyes:

Romantics Inc.
14-08-09, 18:46
I am seriously appalled at how stupid these bimbos are!!!! i want to slap them!! notice how in the beginning she says one is "regular" OMG :hea: they kept calling her african! racist whores...

God Horus
14-08-09, 18:47
I want to slap both of them. :smk::smk:

They are so freaking annoying! OMFG! :mad:

Azerutan
14-08-09, 18:54
:vlol:

I just can laugh honestly...

Mad Tony
14-08-09, 19:15
Don't even get me started on the Westboro Baptist morons. Anyone who supports their ways of living is an idiot. :rolleyes:You know for once I agree with you. :p Normally I think people should be allowed to believe what they want without being branded as idiots, but those Westboro Baptists are an exception because they literally hate everyone and everything. Not only that but I think they might be a bit obsessed with the word "fag" since they can't seem to make a point without using the damn word.

Here's one for them - God hates Westboro Baptists.

moodydog
14-08-09, 19:16

I just can laugh honestly...

doesnt the way they talk just remind you of...

http://img2.allposters.com/images/SCR/990A.jpg :vlol:

Super Badnik
14-08-09, 19:31
Haven't seen this yet, but it's really unfair to call this thread "Stupid Christian Girls" when "Stupid Muslim Girls" would be deemed extremely offensive and even racist.
ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_WHiHaXdwI just can't get them. They bascially hate everyone for no good reason. Perhaps i should respect their beliefs, but because of their extreme homophobia and hate towards anyone else, i'm not afraid to call them utter morons.

1upMushroom
14-08-09, 20:01
Okay, I did not finish watching this video. It was too painful.

"She is Indian, from an African country in Asia."

"No, I'm Asian. No really, my home country is in Asia"

"Why aren't your eyes pointy?"

I simply could not watch any more. I would not put myself through it.

vega82
14-08-09, 20:48
Jesus! (no pun intended xD) the video is obviously a parody about intolerance and ignorance. I realy don't think that they were expressing their real opinions.

The intention was good IMO (to show us how silly is being intolerant) but the execution failed, and caused confusion and the opposite effect (lots of hatery xD). The girl's "characters" are ignorant, plain and simple. Being christian was only a 'character choise' made for dramatical purposes (because here in occident, christians are majority). The point of the video is not to mock on christians, but on ignorance, I guess :)

RockSteady101
14-08-09, 21:01
"She's Indian, which is like an African country in Asia..."

L
M
F
A
O

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 21:05
Surely this is fake :p C'mon now ;)

Uzi master
14-08-09, 21:42

they should show resect and not "try and get her into heaven" I myself am an Athiest but if there is a heaven who go's to it should be judged on them and not relegion at least in my opinion. even if that was staged people who do that are still wrong because people are free to choose there own religion if they believe it and not if someone tells them to.

also about the title it was describing the video and not being offensive per say, it's just saying how there close minded mostly.

Quasimodo
14-08-09, 21:54
Haven't seen this yet, but it's really unfair to call this thread "Stupid Christian Girls" when "Stupid Muslim Girls" would be deemed extremely offensive and even racist.

The title of this thread is religious discrimination. What if you made a thread called, "Two stupid black girls."? You'd get flamed, and rightfully so.

Indeed. I'm an atheist and it even angers me.

IceColdLaraCroft
14-08-09, 22:05
It isn't unfair for a thread title because they were stupid and ignorant...regardless if it's real or a madeup video (although I don't think they're smart enough to pull that off) it'd be just as ignorant to think that people really do think this way

Nannonxyay
14-08-09, 22:06
I think it's just a joke.

Mad Tony
14-08-09, 22:07
It isn't unfair for a thread title because they were stupid and ignorant...regardless if it's real or a madeup video (although I don't think they're smart enough to pull that off) it'd be just as ignorant to think that people really do think this wayHence why the title "Two stupid girls" would've been more appropriate or relevant. Why does them being Christian matter?

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 22:11
The title of this thread is religious discrimination.

I lol'ed

This is just not true at all. I dont understand how you can call that religious discrimination. The word stupid is used to describe their actions, and the word Christian is used to explain the content of the videos and their motives. The word stupid is not used in relation to the fact that they are christian. Where is the problem there?

If anyone is being discriminative, it is you. You have fabricated an offensive statement from an innocent one, just because it contained a negative word and a religious status in the same sentence. That is the kind of thing that racism and religious discrimination is being fueled by.

IceColdLaraCroft
14-08-09, 22:15
Hence why the title "Two stupid girls" would've been more appropriate or relevant. Why does them being Christian matter?

B/c they're using their religion to justify their ignorance. "you're going to hell if you don't convert" whereas the Hindu said "its' the same god"

It's as much a commentary about the superiority complex that American Christians have as the ignorance of American society. Welcome to the Bush de-generation

Quasimodo
14-08-09, 22:17
the superiority complex that American Christians have as the ignorance of American society. Welcome to the Bush de-generation

And that makes it okay to bash Christianity?

IceColdLaraCroft
14-08-09, 22:19
And that makes it okay to bash Christianity?

The thread title isn't bashing Christianity it's describing what was going on in the video.

Quasimodo
14-08-09, 22:22
The thread title isn't bashing Christianity it's describing what was going on in the video.

Aside from that. I think people use the behavior of some Christians as an excuse to bash the whole religion.

Going back to the title, what if it had been Two Stupid Muslim Girls? Would it be offensive then?

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 22:24
Going back to the title, what if it had been Two Stupid Muslim Girls? Would it be offensive then?

Absoloutely not :confused: Just refer to my previous post for the explanation.

This is just not true at all. I dont understand how you can call that religious discrimination. The word stupid is used to describe their actions, and the word Christian is used to explain the content of the videos and their motives. The word stupid is not used in relation to the fact that they are christian. Where is the problem there?

If anyone is being discriminative, it is you. You have fabricated an offensive statement from an innocent one, just because it contained a negative word and a religious status in the same sentence. That is the kind of thing that racism and religious discrimination is being fueled by.

Quasimodo
14-08-09, 22:25
Absoloutely not :confused: Just refer to my previous post for the explanation.

I don't know how else to explain it to you if you don't understand what Melonie wrote.

Catapharact
14-08-09, 22:26

Yet the same given excuse is used by extremeist denominations and idiots to bash the entire religion on the Islamic front as well and people justify doing it by using the "freedom of speech" clause.

It happens each and every day.

Mad Tony
14-08-09, 22:26
It's as much a commentary about the superiority complex that American Christians have as the ignorance of American society. Welcome to the Bush de-generationTalk about generalizations.

And lol, Bush is somehow responsible for the American Christians that happen to be ignorant and/or racist. :vlol: Yeah, I'm sorry but you can't use the ol' Bush scapegoat for everything.

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 22:27
I don't know how else to explain it to you if you don't understand what Melonie wrote.

I think I did understand, perfectly. :confused:

Catapharact
14-08-09, 22:29
I think I did understand, perfectly. :confused:

Then why is it that Atheists on this forum flinch when I decide to group each and every atheist in the extremist category and call you all upon your hypocracy of creating your own little religion and bashing others for following theirs?

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 22:30
Then why is it that Atheists on this forum flinch when I decide to group each and every atheist in the extremist category and call you all upon your hypocracy of creating your own little religion and bashing others for following theirs?

I have no idea. Maybe you should ask them.

Catapharact
14-08-09, 22:32
Well Atheists... I am waiting...

Shauni
14-08-09, 22:37
This video is fake guys!

But yeah there are a lot of people that are, no matter what their religion, idiots. I think it's just easier to blame Christians because they're supposed to be kind and understanding. I know some Christians who are mean and stupid, but I also know many Christians who are wonderful people! To me it's the person, not the religion, that is obnoxious. I don't think this this video give anyone the right to bash Christians, especially since it's a fake video anyway!

Rai
14-08-09, 22:55
I hope this I fake, I really do. It could be, based on the fact that one of the girls was wearing dark glasses (to look cool? or to stop herself laughing if she caught her friends' eyes?). Either that or they, in their silly teen way, they found the seriousness of the discussion quite funny, being filmed.

I don't believe in a god or heaven and hell, but I am tolerant of anyone else who is religious and their belief system. Whether these girls truly believe what they are saying or they're parodying others like it, anyone who isn't tolerant and tries to convert others with differing beliefs are definitely ignorant. Someone who isn't the same religion to you is not wrong and they don't need saving/converting.

These girls even portrayed an ignorance of other cultures as well which makes matters worse. Have they never had geography lessons?

If this wasn't a parody, then I can't imagine these girls were friends for that long. True friends will accept each other for who they are, regardless of race, culture or religion.

2kool4u
14-08-09, 22:55
That was hilarious :vlol: :vlol: You guys.....it says COMEDY there for its STAGED :D

ALSO

The video is to teach a lesson <_<

Shauni
14-08-09, 22:58
I hope this I fake, I really do. It could be, based on the fact that one of the girls was wearing dark glasses (to look cool? or to stop herself laughing if she caught her friends eye?)....
I think people wear sunglasses on TV so they can read que-cards without anyone seeing what they're looking at.

silver_wolf
14-08-09, 23:00
Ok, one, this is obviously fake.
Two, not all Christians are ignorant, intolerant idiots who don't believe in gravity and think anyone who doesn't agree with them should be stoned to death. Some are, yes, but that's because they are human.

2kool4u
14-08-09, 23:01
You should change the title. THese people are not stupid at all. If you were smart enough to read around and actually understand the video you would know that they were trying to teach a lesson through comedy.

Solice
14-08-09, 23:08

If they where two Muslims I would still think they need a good education on the ways of the world.

But yes, I hope for their sake this is staged.

2kool4u
14-08-09, 23:09
Uhh......what more proof do you need >_>

Category: Comedy
Tags:
Christianity hindu and christians idiot girl one indian one normal religion stupid girl Stupidity

Super Badnik
14-08-09, 23:21
If you want another obvious sign this is fake, notice how she starts giggling straight after angrily insisting she's from Asia not Africa.

Lemmie
14-08-09, 23:30
Uhh......what more proof do you need >_>

Category: Comedy
Tags:
Christianity hindu and christians idiot girl one indian one normal religion stupid girl Stupidity

The video has been reposted by someone other than the girl with the glasses.

Link to the actual video (with over 90,000 views) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvVAV09-dQ8&feature=channel

I'm not sure if it's fake or not - hopefully it is. But even if it is it's not very funny.

EDIT: The original user who posted this accepts that people have been questioning the video's authenticity, and cites that it is 'as real as God'. Is that faith talking, or is it tongue in cheek? I don't know.

I'm just trying to get the point out that these girls had the right intentions initially, they just went about it the wrong way, and I think telling that girl they couldn't be friends was terrible.

I understand that some Christians take it upon themselves to save the souls of others, and that's fine. But you can't argue that these girls have good intentions when they approach this 'attempt' from such a blatantly ignorant standpoint.

I don't see how anyone can try and save someone's soul without knowing a sufficient amount about their own religion.

Squibbly
14-08-09, 23:34
There is no such thing as the "right" or "wrong" religion. The world would be a much better place if people would just understand this.

I don't know if this is real, but if it is, those two girls need a shake.

Catapharact
14-08-09, 23:35
There is no such thing as the "right" or "wrong" religion. The world would be a much better place if people would just understand this.

I'm don't know if this is real, but if it is, those two girls need a shake.

What is your opinion on cults then?

Squibbly
14-08-09, 23:39
What is your opinion on cults then?

Well... when you say "cult" you have to say whether you're talking about a very small legitimate religion or a group of fanatics whose beliefs mainly lie in acts that are considered illegal or generally immoral.

Lara's Nemesis
14-08-09, 23:41
Good old You Tube throws up yet more garbage.:(

Whether it is real or fake it still sucks.

Super Badnik
14-08-09, 23:46
As for these characters' (lets face it, they're acting, it's fake) intentions, they are good i suppose, since they do actually seem to believe their friend will go to hell for not being in the same group as them, but their overwhelming ignorance stops them from realising that they are wrong in what they are doing.

Just my two penneth on that.

Lemmie
14-08-09, 23:52
As for these characters' (lets face it, they're acting, it's fake) intentions, they are good i suppose, since they do actually seem to believe their friend will go to hell for not being in the same group as them, but their overwhelming ignorance stops them from realising that they are wrong in what they are doing.

Just my two penneth on that.

Well, I think all of us understand that. The question is whether they really are acting.

I point again to the original video, and the other videos made by the user - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvVAV09-dQ8&feature=channel

dreamless
14-08-09, 23:54
Good old You Tube throws up yet more garbage.:(

Whether it is real or fake it still sucks.

youtube didn't throw up anything, the person who uploaded it did

Lara's Nemesis
14-08-09, 23:57
youtube didn't throw up anything, the person who uploaded it did

Bit pedantic, I do understand how You Tube works.

Beans-Bot
15-08-09, 00:34
The video's an obvious fake, anyone can infer that.

As others have said: The OP seems to have singled out Christians and over-generalized the religion as a bunch of ignorant racists. The title should read "Stupid Girls". If I remember the T&C correctly, couldn't s/he actually get banned for something like that if a mod felt like it? :o

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 00:37
The video's an obvious fake, anyone can infer that.

As others have said: The OP seems to have singled out Christians and over-generalized the religion as a bunch of ignorant racists. The title should read "Stupid Girls". If I remember the T&C correctly, couldn't s/he actually get banned for something like that if a mod felt like it? :o

Now this is getting ridiculous. I hope at least someone would back me up in saying that there was nothing racist/discriminitave/offenssive in the OP's post. (apart from the video obviously)

Beans-Bot
15-08-09, 00:39
Well, you have to admit that the "Christian" part was a bit unnecessary if nothing else.

Like someone said earlier, the OP wouldn't be around for much longer if it was "two stupid black girls" or something similar.

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 00:42
Well, you have to admit that the "Christian" part was a bit unnecessary if nothing else.

Like someone said earlier, the OP wouldn't be around for much longer if it was "two stupid black girls" or something similar.

Youre having the same problem as Melonie. The OP is not saying that the girls are stupid and ignorant because they are christian. That would be offensive. Saying that they are stupid, ignorant and also happen to be christian, is not offensive, rather necesssary to explain the thread.

Using the Phrase "Two stupid Black girls" is completely in-comparable because Skin colour is nothing to do with world view and religion. These girls religion contributes to their views and the way they act in the video, therefore it is simply information.

Quasimodo
15-08-09, 00:47
These girls religion contributes to their views and the way they act in the video, therefore it is simply information.

:rolleyes:

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 00:48

I dont understand.

Peanut
15-08-09, 00:50
Melonie and Quasimodo have a point, why are you saying two stupid Christian girls? Thats rude and offensive..

Uzi master
15-08-09, 00:50
Well Atheists... I am waiting...

it's people not there religion, that was stereotyping athiests, we don't bash other religions we believe what we wan't like everybody else does.

and I back you up on your opinion mint mouth.

Beans-Bot
15-08-09, 00:54
Melonie, beans-bot and Quasimodo have a point, why are you saying two stupid Christian girls? Thats rude and offensive..

Fixed.

Skip my post, did ya? ;)

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 00:55
I dont understand.Well Christianity has nothing to do with racism or ignorance. The video is fake anyway.

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 00:55
Melonie and Quasimodo have a point, why are you saying two stupid Christian girls? Thats rude and offensive..

Since most of you fail to understand what Im getting at here, imagine the word "Christian" replaced with "Religious".

They would both work as well as each other in this context and serve the same purpose. It wouldnt be offensive towards religious people would it? The term Christian is used in a non-derogatory manner, to explain the video.

Its use is not offensive, or inconsiderate, people just seem unable to comprehend that.

Tonyrobinson
15-08-09, 00:59
Oh my goodness :confused:

Sir Croft
15-08-09, 01:05
Well Christianity has nothing to do with racism or ignorance. The video is fake anyway.

:tmb:

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 01:07

I know right?

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 01:12

Well Christianity has nothing to do with racism or ignorance. The video is fake anyway.

Let me try to clear this up.

I can understand how you got the wrong end of the stick there. I wrote:

These girls religion contributes to their views and the way they act in the video

Youre assuming that I'm attatching such qualities to the Christian Label, or maybe the religious label. Thats not true. Its hard to explain, (because thats never been my strong suit,) but what I mean is that the fact that they are christian is what has caused them to foster the view that the Asian girl needs to be changed. If these particular two girls weren't christian, they wouldnt be trying to change her or rescue her from eternal damnation. Im not pidgeon-holing all Christians into this pushy, dominant group, im putting these girls' religion at the helm of the issue presented in the video.

Does that make sense?

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 01:15
It really has nothing to do with them being Christian, I am Christian yet I would never press my religion on someone or try to "save" them. I know tons of other Christians and none of them are like these girls. It has to do with them being overly religious not being Christian.

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 01:17
It really has nothing to do with them being Christian, I am Christian yet I would never press my religion on someone or try to "save" them. I know tons of other Christians and none of them are like these girls. It has to do with them being overly religious not being Christian.

Right. You see, I told you I wasn't good at explaining.

The word Christian is more articulate than just saying Religuous, not more appropriate. It just happens to be the religion at hand, thats the only I reason I used it.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I was never trying to argue that.

Peanut
15-08-09, 01:46
Fixed.

Skip my post, did ya? ;)

:D Sorry I didnt see your post! :D

TombRaiderFan.
15-08-09, 01:56
"OMG, India is in africaaa???!!!, is like Asia in Africa?" Duhh, India is in Asia you two brainless...idiots!
American public education has gone really down hill, and Im very serious about this!!:hea:
I feel so sad for this Sara girl, those two should shut their mouth before being so offensive.

larafan25
15-08-09, 02:04
Reminds me of this movie:

je18yGc6jXk

LMAO that movie was funny:p

anyways, I hope this is a joke...(well not that that would be too much better)

those 2 girls need to open their minds and learn something from someone other than their sunday school teacher...just sayin:)

minty mouth

I think I understand what you are saying, you aren't saying christain people or any religeous people are racist or ignorant, but in this case their religeon is playing a factor in their ignorance and racism, which is completely visible in the video...:)

Minty Mouth
15-08-09, 02:13
minty mouth

I think I understand what you are saying, you aren't saying christain people or any religeous people are racist or ignorant, but in this case their religeon is playing a factor in their ignorance and racism, which is completely visible in the video...:)
Phew! It always seems much simpler when someone else explains it :p

larafan25
15-08-09, 02:14
^I know what you mean:p

Uzi master
15-08-09, 02:16
I guess why so many people find it offensive to christians is that you never hear about hindu's, buhdists and people from religions like that ganging up on christians. my theory is that christians are trying to convvert people (SOME christians anyway) to save them from hell, and being a little close mided it can get offensive. partially because christianity is based on fear, fear of going to hell I'm not trying to offend anyone though if I just did dorry.

:off:That reminds me that my mother says she thinks (well at least when she was little) that nuns look evil, with there black robes, quite ironic.

larafan25
15-08-09, 02:17
whaaach you talking about^?:O

nuns are cute:D

Uzi master
15-08-09, 02:21
Well my mother said they looked like the evil guys dressed in black robes with there faces covered ect. not my opinion though.

TombRaiderFan.
15-08-09, 02:21
^Nuns are only Catholic, just thought I'd let you know...Not all Christians are Catholic.
But anyways, I used to go to a Christian school just a few months ago cuz I graduated :p and let me tell you, Christians should let others believe what they want, that's none of their business.
Hey! D:< If you think Mother Teresa looked evil, there is something wrong with you :p

Uzi master
15-08-09, 02:24
my grandmother moved to Canada from saint Pierre a french Island so she was catholic and my mother grew up catholic, though she isn't today.

TombRaiderFan.
15-08-09, 02:30
^Umm,ya...I quit being Catholic a long time ago...I figured I didn't like the Pope very much either way :p
No offense to those who like him and all though! :)

IceColdLaraCroft
15-08-09, 03:13
American Christianity is unlike any other type of Christianity.

MattTR
15-08-09, 03:14
Didn't even bother to watch it.. :p

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 03:14

How so? I'm both American & Christian and I fail to see how it is any different.

Benguitar
15-08-09, 05:01
Well there is 9 minutes of my life I will never get back... :pi:

miss.haggard
15-08-09, 05:11
^ AH-Greed. Some people just cant get it into their heads that other people believe in other things :)

Goose
15-08-09, 06:24
Hare Krishna was born under the same circumstances, and represented alot of what Jesus did anyway, so they cant really argue about values.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 09:37
I guess why so many people find it offensive to christians is that you never hear about hindu's, buhdists and people from religions like that ganging up on christians. my theory is that christians are trying to convvert people (SOME christians anyway) to save them from hell, and being a little close mided it can get offensive. partially because christianity is based on fear, fear of going to hell I'm not trying to offend anyone though if I just did dorry.

:off:That reminds me that my mother says she thinks (well at least when she was little) that nuns look evil, with there black robes, quite ironic.No, fear is not part of Christianity at all.

American Christianity is unlike any other type of Christianity.How would you know this? So far this forum has shown to me that they're just like any other Christians.

Don't you live in Australia anyway?

Archetype
15-08-09, 09:54

Christianity isn't based on fear o_O

Hell is the product of an immoral life. Of course as a christian, you would have nothing to fear =]

As for the whole 'conversion' business. Surely anyone of any faith would want people to believe in what they did.

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-08-09, 11:21

Wow, that made me laugh. :vlol:

Peanut
15-08-09, 11:22
Well I still think its racist.. also what are the girls talking about? I have no sounds on my Computer so I have got no clue what they're saying! :)

Changeling
15-08-09, 12:08
No, fear is not part of Christianity at all.

I'd say it is. Perhaps not a dominating factor, but fear of being sent to Hell in the afterlife is still there. The two girls in that video used a prime example when asking why Saraa wasn't going to convert; "But you'll go to Hell!".

And for the record, I understand what Minty Mouth is saying and I don't think the title of the topic should be viewed as offensive.

Croft, Lara
15-08-09, 12:11
Staged. Definetly.

She said she had two friends over but then acted as if she didn't even know Saara. She didn't ask about the religion before this conversation.

Also the footage kept being cut.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 12:13
I'd say it is. Perhaps not a dominating factor, but fear of being sent to Hell in the afterlife is still there. The two girls in that video used a prime example when asking why Saraa wasn't going to convert; "But you'll go to Hell!".But it's not though. :confused: Just because two girls in some video (which happens to be fake anyway) use the threat of Hell to try and get somebody to convert to Christianity doesn't mean Christianity has anything to do with fear.

trXD
15-08-09, 12:13
Those two girls are horrible, it just shows the unnecessary conflict religion and race causes.

I'd say it is. Perhaps not a dominating factor, but fear of being sent to Hell in the afterlife is still there. The two girls in that video used a prime example when asking why Saraa wasn't going to convert; "But you'll go to Hell!".

I agree, when i was little the only reason i stayed Christian was the fear of going to hell and all my friends thought that way to, even now! Although you will never get a long lived Christian to admit that.

Changeling
15-08-09, 12:18
But it's not though. :confused: Just because two girls in some video (which happens to be fake anyway) use the threat of Hell to try and get somebody to convert to Christianity doesn't mean Christianity has anything to do with fear.

In my personal experience fear does contribute to it. Like trXD, I was mainly a Christian when I was younger, aside from it being shoved down my throat in school, out of fear of being sent to Hell when I died.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 12:19
In my personal experience fear does contribute to it. Like trXD, I was mainly a Christian when I was younger, aside from it being shoved down my throat in school, out of fear of being sent to Hell when I died.Just because some Christians use fear to get people to believe what they believe doesn't mean the religion itself is about fear.

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 12:19
Why is it I have never felt the fear of going to hell then? I don't ever remember such things being forced down my throat.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 12:20
Why is it I have never felt the fear of going to hell then? I don't ever remember such things being forced down my throat.Yeah, same lol. I'm not a Christian because I fear that if I'm not I'll go to Hell.

Changeling
15-08-09, 12:22
^ Yes but that's you and your experience, whereas I have my own experiences. I'm not generalizing, I'm giving my own experiences with Christianity.

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 12:24
^ Yes but that's you and your experience, whereas I have my own experiences. I'm not generalizing, I'm giving my own experiences with Christianity.

But you are generalizing by saying Christians are Christians out of fear.

jackles
15-08-09, 12:25
But there are degrees of belief isn't there? We only have to peek at the forums as example and there are varying degrees of belief or indeed lack of amongst the members.

Nasty people of whatever religion can twist their beliefs into something dark. It happens that these girls are Christian and this puts the backs up of a lot of people. The main fact is that fake/real the motives are tainted and there are a lot of stereotypes displayed within the video.

Changeling
15-08-09, 12:25
But you are generalizing by saying Christians are Christians out of fear.

No I'm not, I'm saying that in my experience with Christianity, fear was a contributing factor as to why I was a Christian in the first place.

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 12:27
No I'm not, I'm saying that in my experience with Christianity, fear was a contributing factor as to why I was a Christian in the first place.Actually you did:

And for the record, I understand what Minty Mouth is saying and I don't think the title of the topic should be viewed as offensive.

Changeling
15-08-09, 12:33
My apologies then, and if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning to generalize.

Dennis's Mom
15-08-09, 14:29
My apologies then, and if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning to generalize.

I don't think you're generalizing at all. There are churches that do preach that if you are not "born again" you will go to hell. I myself remember (maybe middle school?) going down during the alter call at a Baptist church of a friend. I do not remember doing that joyously. Fear was a healthy dose of that experience.

This video may be "fake" and a not-very-funny "comedy," but it reinforces every negative stereotype out there: ignorance, superiority, intolerance. It offends me because of that, the same way other ethnic/religious groups are offended when they find themselves portrayed as stereotypes.

Goose
15-08-09, 14:35

Well you seem to have had a very different experience to most British children, im guessing you went to a private catholic or other school?

We sang hymns like "he's got the whole world in his hands" till about 1997 at the start of assemblies, didnt have prayers or anything, then religion was never mentioned again in my school time, unless it was accepting a religion other then christian in RE.

Changeling
15-08-09, 15:45
Well you seem to have had a very different experience to most British children, im guessing you went to a private catholic or other school?

No, I went to a normal, public primary school. We had assemblies every Friday, and in those assemblies we sang hymns and prayed. If you didn't sing a hym, or pray, then you were forced to stand up in front of the whole assembly and sing the hymns by yourself or pray individually. Also, when I was in my younger years at school, we were made to pray individually every morning. Bear in mind that this school was not made to follow a religious criteria in any way.

I'm not saying that my experience was different, I'm just saying that I disliked the fact that we had Christianity shoved down our throats at an early age, and the pupils who were active followers of other religions were often not allowed to attend assemblies. I can understand that to an extent, seen as we sung Christian hymns and were made to pray, but that wasn't a massive portion of it and they often missed out on a lot of things. They weren't even allowed to attend Religious Education classes. So in my school years, I hope you can understand that fear played a contributing role as to why I followed the Christian religion: fear of going to Hell, and also fear of being humiliated or looked down upon by the school staff.

Solice
15-08-09, 16:41
Christianity isn't based on fear o_O

Most religions pray on fear to get obedience.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 16:43
Most religions pray on fear to get obedience.But they don't though. :confused:

Carbonek_0051
15-08-09, 16:46
Most religions pray on fear to get obedience.

They really don't.

TRhalloween
15-08-09, 16:56
I've only ever considered religion out of fear. I think that Hell and preachers are the major scare tactics to suck people in.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 17:37
I've only ever considered religion out of fear. I think that Hell and preachers are the major scare tactics to suck people in.Shame, since most people who follow religion don't do so out of fear at all.

Mokono
15-08-09, 17:44
Shame, since most people who follow religion don't do so out of fear at all.

You're right... Althought depends on certain groups. The new testament shows a turning point on what was held between the ancient jews. Until John the Baptist, the idea that God's rage was inminent spread fear for their sins among certain communities. However, when Jesus appeared his speech changed that vision, somehow replaced "God's rage" (a.k.a. Condemnation) idea with the inminence of "God's Kingdom" (a.k.a. Salvation). Jesus removed the fear from those whose faith was strong enough, like that woman who wanted to cure hrself, but couldn't reach him, so she touched his clothes and he says: "your faith has saved you".

Larapink
15-08-09, 19:31
Those two deserve a pimp slap.

http://i27.************/21m99qq.jpg

Indeed they do! :vlol: xD

Goose
15-08-09, 19:34
If you didn't sing a hym, or pray, then you were forced to stand up in front of the whole assembly and sing the hymns by yourself or pray individually.

I threw up when i was like 4, and they had to give me clothes from the lost property bin, they made me wear a girls shirt, when i went to the gate after school where my parent was waiting, the parents there complained and the school had to make an apology. You could barely tell it was a girls shirt in the first place!

I guess you should have spoken to someone about it, because that stuff would never be tolerated elsewhere.

But then again i guess Scotland is trying to dissociate itself with English ways.

Mokono
15-08-09, 19:59
I threw up when i was like 4, and they had to give me clothes from the lost property bin, they made me wear a girls shirt.

I wonder how that girl lost her shirt :pi:... Anyways, tha happened in my school too with a girl when we were like 6th grade and she had to wear boys uniform... No one complained though, and also her parents were pleased that the school didn't return her to home so she could assist to her classes.

Tihocan9
15-08-09, 20:05
I wonder how that girl lost her shirt :pi:... Anyways, tha happened in my school too with a girl when we were like 6th grade and she had to wear boys uniform... No one complained though, and also her parents were pleased that the school didn't return her to home so she could assist to her classes.

That would happen a lot at my elementary/Middle school. We wore uniforms so if yours got dirty or wasn't regulation they made you change into whatever was in the lost and found that was uniform, often big or small, male or female, and often smelly. :p I only had to do that once though and luckily the girls shirts were identical to the guys shirts apart from color.

Changeling
15-08-09, 20:06
But then again i guess Scotland is trying to dissociate itself with English ways.

I wouldn't say that. More that different schools have different ways of dealing with things.

jackles
15-08-09, 20:09
In our primary school the emphasis is kept 'spiritual' I would guess.

There is a school prayer and everyone prays no matter what religon.

This is our school,
Let peace live here,
Let the rooms be filled with happiness
Let love be all around,
Love of one another,
Love of all people,
And love of life and learning,
Lets us remember
That as many hands make a house,
As many hearts make it a home.
Amen

Though of course we do threaten to make those who don't sing stand up and do it! (we don't though..most surly 11 years can't be bothered)

Our songs tend to be inspirational modern stuff..'stand by me' or 'something inside'

Mokono
15-08-09, 20:20
Well, that's actually a very "neutral" pray, so basically fulfill everyone whose religion faces towards "good", and those who has no religion, but still understand values that faces toward humanism.

Though of course we do threaten to make those who don't sing stand up and do it! (we don't though..most surly 11 years can't be bothered)

Is the least you could do :D... In my school was the same (singing the National Anthem was a must, but it was allowed to "pray" in silence), those who engaged conversations during those activities were being disrespectful.

EmeraldFields
15-08-09, 20:21
You guys had to pray at school!:eek:

You get in trouble for praying out loud at my school!

Mokono
15-08-09, 20:23
You guys had to pray at school!:eek:

You get in trouble for praying out loud at my school!

Mine was a Catholic one (in a country were catholics range the 80% and 90% of the population) :pi:...

Uzi master
15-08-09, 20:34
you just made me think of a comedy... Athiest in the catholic school. starring me.:tea:

pEhouse
15-08-09, 20:40
India is an African country in Asia? Well, you learn something new every day.

Mokono
15-08-09, 20:40
you just made me think of a comedy... Athiest in the catholic school. starring me.:tea:

Guess you got the wrong misconception of it. In our society things are not the same in as in North America. There were teens who choosed to not believe and also not to confirm and they didn't got any repression of any kind. That didn't excuse them for religion class, but they still got good grades, since the questions are quite objective, not just "do you believe or not?".

Uzi master
15-08-09, 20:48
I wans'nt really saying things are all bad there it's just some comedy idea, no offence intended with it.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 20:51
I remember in my secondary school you'd be mocked and laughed at if you believe in God.

Mokono
15-08-09, 20:56
I remember in my secondary school you'd be mocked and laughed at if you believe in God.

Mockery from anyone is, itself, bad. So that only shows that certain school authorities are not willing to deal with misbehaving issues. The educating role is thrown at the parents who also throw it at the school. That way there's no one to blame... Not to mention that certain parents think that selfish kids are not an issue.

Kiwi..
15-08-09, 21:43
I have to comment on this video, I just have to. xD

I really hope it is fake, 'cause those two girls are just plain ignorante. How dare they try to convert their friend by saying she isn't going to heaven. Jesus Christ! She might not be going to 'your' heaven, but why does that matter anyway? We all end up the same place anyway... The ground... Or around a area if you are burnt (can't remember the proper word).

If any of my friends pulled a trick like that at me, I would be furious! In my opinion, it isn't what you believe in, but the fact that you have something to believe in. Some christians just make me embarrassed over my own religion.

Super Badnik
15-08-09, 21:44
I remember in my secondary school you'd be mocked and laughed at if you believe in God.That's still the case. It's why i've never told anyone i have belief in God. Although i guess people mature quickley after school.

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 21:54
That's still the case. It's why i've never told anyone i have belief in God. Although i guess people mature quickley after school.I sure hope so! I'm starting college in September. :p

Lemmie
15-08-09, 22:13
I still don't understand how people think this is so categorically 'faked'. I personally am unsure.

The truth of the situation is not important though. It is the representations, the stereotypes and the misconceptions that it portrays which are important, which we are discussing now.

Solice
17-08-09, 04:47
They really don't.

Religions do use fear as a way to control people. They enforce their version of 'morality', which is really compliance with there laws, with a fear of damnation. They also use the same fear to force people to give them money, even if they are dirt poor.

They also seek to control people around them that do not follow their religion. Just look at media censorship around the world, most of it is based on the dominant religions views of acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

The most obvious example of religious based control is Saudi Arabia, where women are horribly oppressed. The Mullah’s say it's a sin for women to go out alone, or not be covered from head to toe, to have a career. This is an absolute law that applies to all women. And they will go to Hell if they violate Islamic law. This compliance has nothing to do with a person’s relationship with The Creator.

If the Mullah’s are right, then most women around the world are damned to Hell for not obeying there laws, even of they follow there religion’s laws. Sounds pretty ludicrous, but that is how religions see the world.

Religion is a human institution, not a spiritual domain to commune with God. It is subject to the good and evil of the men that control it.

Catapharact
17-08-09, 05:08
The most obvious example of religious based control is Saudi Arabia, where women are horribly oppressed. The Mullah’s say it's a sin for women to go out alone, or not be covered from head to toe, to have a career. This is an absolute law that applies to all women. And they will go to Hell if they violate Islamic law. This compliance has nothing to do with a person’s relationship with The Creator.

Only one things wrong with that given senerio:

The laws in question you presented aren't religiously based in ANYWAY. If you look at what the Quraan teaches and what the Mullahs are preaching, you will see that they conflict each other. The given laws are nothing more then tribal gibbirish that should have been gone a long time ago.

Basically they are violating the basic rules of Islam by oppressing women like that and well... Things are changing... Slowly but they are changing.

Uzi master
17-08-09, 06:10
Religions do use fear as a way to control people. They enforce their version of 'morality', which is really compliance with there laws, with a fear of damnation. They also use the same fear to force people to give them money, even if they are dirt poor.

thats not true about all religions just some, and it doesn't meen they all do that either. do you ever see buhdists asking dirt poor people for donations?

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 10:37

They also seek to control people around them that do not follow their religion. Just look at media censorship around the world, most of it is based on the dominant religions views of acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

If the Mullah’s are right, then most women around the world are damned to Hell for not obeying there laws, even of they follow there religion’s laws. Sounds pretty ludicrous, but that is how religions see the world.

Religion is a human institution, not a spiritual domain to commune with God. It is subject to the good and evil of the men that control it.There's a difference between what the religions themselves they say and what some of their supporters say. There's a small minority of Muslims, and to a lesser extent Christians, who say it is right to go around killing anybody who doesn't believe in Christianity or Islam, despite the fact that this goes against both the Bible and Qur'an.

Solice
18-08-09, 02:48
Only one things wrong with that given senerio:

The laws in question you presented aren't religiously based in ANYWAY. If you look at what the Quraan teaches and what the Mullahs are preaching, you will see that they conflict each other. The given laws are nothing more then tribal gibbirish that should have been gone a long time ago.

Basically they are violating the basic rules of Islam by oppressing women like that and well... Things are changing... Slowly but they are changing.

There are many laws religions make that are not part of there base Holy Scriptures. But they use the 'Fear of God' and guilt to implement them as ‘Holy Laws’ anyway.

If religions truly followed there own scriptures history would be far less bloody. Going back to my point that religion is man made by fallible men.

There's a difference between what the religions themselves they say and what some of their supporters say. There's a small minority of Muslims, and to a lesser extent Christians, who say it is right to go around killing anybody who doesn't believe in Christianity or Islam, despite the fact that this goes against both the Bible and Qur'an.

Religious extremism is mainstream in some societies. As a woman, try to enroll in school, drive a car, and wearing western style cloths in some countries will get you killed.

thats not true about all religions just some, and it doesn't meen they all do that either. do you ever see buhdists asking dirt poor people for donations?

True, I amend my statement to say "some" religions are oppressive, not all.

Catapharact
18-08-09, 02:57
There are many laws religions make that are not part of there base Holy Scriptures. But they use the 'Fear of God' and guilt to implement them as ‘Holy Laws’ anyway.

If religions truly followed there own scriptures history would be far less bloody. Going back to my point that religion is man made by fallible men.

Then your ideal problem is with mis-quotation and mis-interpertation of religion; Not religion itself. The fear of God is less instrumental in the given oppression you are talking about. Its more a fear of law. If laws themselves are proved to be faulty then it gives the public a reason to stand up to the oppressors. It has been happening lately in SA and it will continue to happen. The people are starting to question decisions based on these archaic laws.

Like I said, change is happening and its happening because people believe in religion and its message as its ment to be preached.

Your given argument still doesn't holds water.

Solice
18-08-09, 03:21
Then your ideal problem is with mis-quotation and mis-interpertation of religion; Not religion itself. The fear of God is less instrumental in the given oppression you are talking about. Its more a fear of law. If laws themselves are proved to be faulty then it gives the public a reason to stand up to the oppressors. It has been happening lately in SA and it will continue to happen. The people are starting to question decisions based on these archaic laws.

Like I said, change is happening and its happening because people believe in religion and its message as its ment to be preached.

Your given argument still doesn't holds water.

Church doctrine is drawn by more than one source. They expand on the base teachings and laws to suite needs as they arrive. Some religions do use God’s name to enforce their morality laws. This is an indisputable fact. If you violate their laws, you are more than just a criminal; you are also a ‘sinner’.

Catapharact
18-08-09, 03:24
Church doctrine is drawn by more than one source. They expand on the base teachings and laws to suite needs as they arrive. Some religions do use God’s name to enforce their morality laws. This is an indisputable fact. If you violate their laws, you are more than just a criminal; you are also a ‘sinner’.

But if the given doctrine in questioned and contradicts the actual written Holy text itself then how can it be considered religious doctrine? The same senerio applies to secular laws. If any law law violates the charter of the given country then that law is not valid.

Mokono
18-08-09, 03:25
Religious extremism is mainstream in some societies. As a woman, try to enroll in school, drive a car, and wearing western style cloths in some countries will get you killed.

Something interesting to discuss, but rather superficial is why should a woman from a different culture would like to wear western style clothes.

Catapharact
18-08-09, 03:32
Something interesting to discuss, but rather superficial is why should a woman from a different culture would like to wear western style clothes.

Its usually because the given trends in fashion aren't are roburst in a given nation as the Western world. The Markets of these nations however aren't blind to this given trend anymore though like in the UAE. Has anyone heard of the Hijab Blog? Fashion for Muslim Women by Muslim Women:

http://thehijablog.wordpress.com/

Check this out:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5856/ayse.jpg

Mokono
18-08-09, 03:45
If Spain is somehow considered the Western World, then the Hijab did make it's way to fashion... Even though Spain finished the reconquest of the Península, many costumes were passed through the Spanish culture and their colonies. During the viceroyalty the fashion influece of moorish women in Lima derived in a particular style called Tapada, and it's used lasted from 1560 to 1860 (three centuries).

http://sisbib.unmsm.edu.pe/BibVirtual/Publicaciones/Alma_Mater/2000_n18-19/images/pag53b.jpg

http://www.libroviejoymas.com/upload/productos/394.jpg

So i'd risk myself to think that is the fashion business the one that tries to imply what certain styles are correct/oppressives upon another ones.

laracroftswest
18-08-09, 04:09
The one in the middle has the knowledge that of a 7 year old.

Heckler
18-08-09, 11:30
That Hindu girl deserves better friends....If i should ever meet those stupid girls i swear i will slap them for the oxygen they waste on this planet....
Some people ought to go back to their caves.