PDA

View Full Version : How do you activate DOZY in a custom level???

GameGlitcher77
14-08-09, 17:44
As the title states how do I activate the DOZY cheat in custom levels on my C:/ Drive or elsewhere???:confused::confused:

EscondeR
14-08-09, 19:50
Not a tech issue. Moving...

badboy70
14-08-09, 19:53
You can't, it's disabled in the script.
Unless you try hacking the script.

God Horus
14-08-09, 20:06
Well it's fairly self explanatory.

You push D and then O and then Z and then Y. Only if it is enabled in the level.

:tea:

Kapu
14-08-09, 21:15
The Fly Cheat is really more of a level builders tool than a cheat. Once a person finishes up their game they usually deactivate the cheat so people can't fly right through their levels. Sometime people forget, though. So you can't always activate the fly cheat, unless you decompile the script and activate it, which is not a walk in the park.

ggctuk
14-08-09, 21:36
The Fly Cheat is really more of a level builders tool than a cheat. Once a person finishes up their game they usually deactivate the cheat so people can't fly right through their levels. Sometime people forget, though. So you can't always activate the fly cheat, unless you decompile the script and activate it, which is not a walk in the park.

Even less-so nowadays with the ability to disable DOZY in the executeable itself.

Mytly
16-08-09, 11:42
You push D and then O and then Z and then Y. Only if it is enabled in the level.

It is enabled by default in the Level Editor, isn't it? So why doesn't it ever work for me even in the Level Editors default levels or my own level? :confused:

Tomb_Builder
16-08-09, 14:24
It is enabled by default in the Level Editor, isn't it? So why doesn't it ever work for me even in the Level Editors default levels or my own level? :confused:

press the D O Z Y keys all at the same time not one after another :)

snork
16-08-09, 14:24
I think it depends on your keyboard layout.

You have to press the corresponding keys that "would be" D, O, Z, Y on a standard QWERTY UK (or US ?) keyboard.
With the Y and Z swapped on my German qwertz keyboard it would technically be DOYZ instead of DOZY, but I forget if it makes a difference in this case.

You can compare it e.g. at Wikipedia UK layout (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#United_Kingdom) , more layouts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout)

I think some keyboards (laptops?) by default may not accept more than 3 keys pressed at once.

You can press F1 ingame - if some numbers show up, then DOZY is enabled, if not then not.
(those numbers showing the current camera position and orientation)

QRS
16-08-09, 14:40
Check your script file. It should be ENABLED for the flycheat.

HURLEYstickmen
16-08-09, 15:39
In the script, the options bit, put: FlyCheat= ENABLED. This will enable the fly cheat. to activate fly cheat: press D+O+Z+Y together, Action to accelerate, arrow keys to steer and Delete to exit.;)

God Horus
16-08-09, 16:06
Actually DOZY does work if you don't push the letters together and you push them one after the other. And if you hold the keys together again she will go up and you use the normal controls to steer and shift to drop.

snork
16-08-09, 16:22
Actually DOZY does work if you don't push the letters together and you push them one after the other. And if you hold the keys together again she will go up and you use the normal controls to steer and shift to drop.

lol, thanks. I never knew and just kept doing it that way. :vlol:
well, not using it much anyway.

Haaaydeen
17-08-09, 10:15
use TREP

Mytly
18-08-09, 20:31
I think it depends on your keyboard layout.

You have to press the corresponding keys that "would be" D, O, Z, Y on a standard QWERTY UK (or US ?) keyboard.
With the Y and Z swapped on my German qwertz keyboard it would technically be DOYZ instead of DOZY, but I forget if it makes a difference in this case.

You can compare it e.g. at Wikipedia UK layout (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#United_Kingdom) , more layouts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout)

I think some keyboards (laptops?) by default may not accept more than 3 keys pressed at once.

You can press F1 ingame - if some numbers show up, then DOZY is enabled, if not then not.
(those numbers showing the current camera position and orientation)
I have a standard US keyboard layout, and I haven't changed any setting on it. I tried pressing F1, and the numbers did show up, so DOZY is enabled, yet it won't work. I have tried pressing all the keys together as well as pressing them one after the other, but it just does not work. Why won't it work?!!! :hea:

Check your script file. It should be ENABLED for the flycheat.
*Sigh* It is enabled in the script. But it still doesn't work. :(

thecentaur
18-08-09, 21:10
well in TREP, there's an option to disable the flycheat even if DOZY is enabled in the script.

and I think they have this in NGLE but I'm not sure. I think so.