PDA

View Full Version : X Factor back AGAIN!

TR FAN 18
14-08-09, 20:41
Unbelievable, ITV! Why do we need a SIXTH series of this rubbish? This just means that the UK Top 40 is gonna have some X Factor crap at Number 1 when Christmas comes. Just knock off this tripe already, PLEASE! Why do we need one of these EVERY YEAR? :mad:

Here is what I think it should really be called:
http://i29.************/34q4pj4.jpg

xx_Hunt_xx
14-08-09, 20:42
I suppose its because many people like it. I personally cant stand the show and others that are similer...i only watch the auditions and even then i dont make it an absoulute must to watch.

TRhalloween
14-08-09, 20:44
I'm tired of the manufactured crap but it was expected.

Maybe the auditions will be funny.

Nenya awakens
14-08-09, 20:59
I love the show, i dont watch it religiously but i normally pop it on whilst im getting ready for work!

I really like Alexandra Burke and im looking forward to her album.

LaraRules81
14-08-09, 20:59
:cen:

Lemmie
14-08-09, 21:02
It's on again because it and Britain's Got Talent are the few programmes that are keeping ITV afloat.

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 21:02
Hey! I Like the X Facor! :D

IMO it makes for great entertainment, the peope that it produces are usually forgotten about within a month, but its all fun to watch. (Especially the awful audition process!)

Super Badnik
14-08-09, 21:03
I actually watched this last year for the first time. At least you can sell it as entertainment and theres a point to it unlike, that, thing *points at Big Brother*.

Mad Tony
14-08-09, 21:10
Joy... What it'll be, the fifth Christmas No. 1 hijacked in a row? Anybody notice how most winners of the X-Factor do generally fade out after somehow getting overwhelming sales and a Christmas No. 1 with their debut single?

I hate our TV shows and how every year there's a select few that pretty much take over the air for however long they're on.

Celebrity Big Brother - all of January
Britain's Got Talent - large part of Spring
Big Brother - ENTIRE summer :hea:
I'm a Celebrity - November
X-Factor - pretty much right from the end of Big Brother right through to the end of the year

I hate "reality" TV so much. There's barely a week in the year where one or more of the crap above isn't on TV.

viper456
14-08-09, 21:11
If it was just all the auditions the whole way through I would be happier! They are amazing!

Nannonxyay
14-08-09, 21:18
I for one love X-Factor. The auditions are hilarious and it's entertaining to laugh at.

Lara Fan 4Life
14-08-09, 21:21
I really like the X-Factor! :D

Reggie
14-08-09, 22:13
I love the X Factor. :p
They're doing the auditions in front of an audience this year which should freshen it up a bit.

Lara's Nemesis
14-08-09, 23:31
I've never watched a full episode of it. I'm not remotely surprised that it is coming back tho.

It will eventually run it's course. (cross fingered smiley)

just croft
14-08-09, 23:59
All these new musician shows are the only ones I like to watch besides a few game show (such as Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?). All others are just crap (Big Brother - behhhh *vomits*) and they should they burn the tapes, studios and concepts.

This is a great opportunity for people to try and show their talent, when otherwise they'd have no way of comming out to the public. The only ex-contestant I know from the x-factor is Liona Lewis (In fact... *goes listen to bleeding love right now*), and I got to say I'm pretty glad that she was given the oportunity to be a part of that show, because her voice is just amazing!

Having said that don't think that I'm all *waves fanaticly towards the winner*, the last season of American Idol is currently replaying in a FOX "international cable channel" and I got to say, knowing who wins and who doesn't Adam Lambert is one of the lucky guys who can now have a great future due to these shows. I've got a feeling that he'll last longer than Kris Allen.

As for everyone who's complaining that this is always the same thing, you've got a great choice, listen to something else. That's why there's more than one singer in the world. ;)

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 00:01
They should replace every X-Factor episode with re-runs of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

just croft
15-08-09, 00:03
They should replace every X-Factor episode with re-runs of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Re-runs!?!?! Do you do drugs, pass the real thing! New contestants, questions... new!

digitizedboy
15-08-09, 00:04
I don't watch that much TV anyway, so I couldn't give a flying ****. As for people hating the no.1 slot at Christmas times, there's a good answer to it. Just stop listening to chart music. ;)

Aphrodite22
15-08-09, 00:43
whats that? prolly off topic but i love fear factor! :D

Explorer
15-08-09, 09:56
Don't mind it myself :)

Bonez
15-08-09, 10:41

Why? That show is incredibly boring these days. The TV stations are going to put out shows that pull in the highest viewing figures, and The X Factor obviously does.

I love The X Factor - its a great show! The auditions are just hilarious, but there is also some real talent there. Look at Leona Lewis and her success... what an amazing artists who has such a great voice rivialling the likes of Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. (Who IMO shouldn't be considered as having a great voice anymore :p)

So yeah... I can't wait! :D

just croft
15-08-09, 10:56
... and Mariah Carey. (Who IMO shouldn't be considered as having a great voice anymore :p)

Yeah seeing howeveryone can sing like her now...
_RgL2MKfWTo

tombraiderluka
15-08-09, 11:15
You misspelled six and wrote sux on your picture in the first post :wve:

Bonez
15-08-09, 11:29
Yeah seeing howeveryone can sing like her now...

Well you deliberately picked a very bad example. There have been on these shows who have pulled of Mariah very well.

DickDan
15-08-09, 11:52
Well Guess I can listen to decent music through headphones with my mum watches this during dinner.

corey01
15-08-09, 11:58
I love the auditions, I get a bit bored when it comes to the live finals though :/

trXD
15-08-09, 12:16
What did you expect, its a very VERY popular show. Of course its going to come back!

I hate the show and im somewhat upset that TV is going to be littered with it for months now.

Edit: Is big brother finished yet?

Spong
15-08-09, 16:19
The X-Factor is a big pile of crap. It's only entertaining to watch the morons at the audition stage having their dreams smashed before their eyes. I could watch that until the cows come home. The rest of it, the boot camp, the live shows, is all mindless pap.

And Millionaire is a hundred times worse. Fill the X-Factor gap with that? You must be joking. Bring back Harry Hill's TV Burp :tmb:

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 16:24
Lol, I think some people took my comment a little too seriously :vlol:

I'd still rather watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? than the X-Factor though.

Trigger_happy
15-08-09, 16:38
Its annoying that this show comes back again but Primeval gets cancelled. I don't think that there is anything on ITV that I would actually watch, now that both Pushing Daisies and Primeval got canned.

Lara's Nemesis
15-08-09, 17:16
Its annoying that this show comes back again but Primeval gets cancelled. I don't think that there is anything on ITV that I would actually watch, now that both Pushing Daisies and Primeval got canned.

ITV has suffered a huge drop in profits from advertising recently which is probably why these shows you mentioned have been cancelled. The X Factor is a cheap show to make and they can make money off the phone calls. Televised karaoke shows seem to be popular these days.

I can't think of anything that I would want to watch on ITV these days. Even their news seems like it is aimed at three year olds.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets/article.html?in_article_id=489297&in_page_id=3

trtrailerman
15-08-09, 17:38
im not realli a big fan of x factor, BUT I LOVE THE AUDITIONS!!!! :D they r funny. isnt simon giving the show to cheryl soon? god help us, shes awful. shes like: I'M A WOMAN!! I have emotions and i will cry at every audition!!!!

i also dont like when they let ppl in becoz they made the judges laugh, its just odd

Atlantisfreak666
15-08-09, 17:53
The auditions are the only good parts. The rest can go to hell.

Larapink
15-08-09, 19:25
Personally I don't see the problem with this program it gives people a chance who have real musical talent to start their professional music career. It's the show that gives people the opportunity to get recognized for their musical talent. For me this show everything about it leads to positive opportunities for those who have the talent. :)

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 19:27
Personally I don't see the problem with this program it gives people a chance who have real musical talent to start their professional music career. It's the show that gives people the opportunity to get recognized for their musical talent. For me this show everything about it leads to positive opportunities for those who have the talent. :)Yeah but people with musical talent normally do get recognized anyway. How do you think the likes of Elvis and Michael Jackson did it in the days when things like the X-Factor weren't around? Besides, if it gives people with talent a chance to get recognized then how comes all of the winners bar one faded into nothingness two months after they won the show? :p

scion05
15-08-09, 19:29
And guess who's guesting and performing... ?

http://static.gigwise.com/gallery/MadonnaCannes.jpg

and

http://rockpopsters.today.com/files/2008/12/robbie-williams.jpg < NO THANKYOU.

just croft
15-08-09, 19:38
Yeah but people with musical talent normally do get recognized anyway. How do you think the likes of Elvis and Michael Jackson did it in the days when things like the X-Factor weren't around? Besides, if it gives people with talent a chance to get recognized then how comes all of the winners bar one faded into nothingness two months after they won the show? :p

Haveing the right contacts to back them up, Micheal Jackson was famous arround the world by the time he was ten, surely it wasn't just his talent working that. While Leona Lewis was selling pizzas before entering the x-factor... seriously there are many people who's talent can only be regocnized in shows like these, it's up to you guys to vote for them. And it's not always about the winner...

Mad Tony
15-08-09, 19:42
Ok then, forget Michael Jackson. It's not as if before shows like the X-Factor there were hardly any singers around.

snork
15-08-09, 20:50
lol, in Germany "X Factor" is the name of another rubbish series, where NG-Enterprise "No.2" :D would present ridiculously stupid and boring "stories" and ask the spectators which one was "true" and which one was made up, where the "true" stories would be all kinds of alien-bigfoot-talkingwiththedead-andsoon crap. :D

igonge
22-08-09, 10:07
I only watch the auditions part (funny) then it starts to get all... crap.

woody543
22-08-09, 10:57
I enjoy the program however I hate the fact that whoever wins is sure to get christmas number one- I used to love the mystery behind the christmas number one, and how it was a competition.

Also I hate it because that alexandra from last year slaughtered a Fantastic song! :(

stranger1992
23-08-09, 11:05
Michael Jackson's first album (well, the Jackson 5) was called "Diana Ross presents the Jackson 5". Riding on the back of the biggest female artist of the day. Not really much different from the Xfactor. They auditioned too (in front a camera) with Berry Gordy, travelling from miles away to audition. They performed gigs in front of an audience before they were signed.

Where is that different from the Xfactor?

in these arms
23-08-09, 11:33
Its fixed.

Jacob x5
23-08-09, 14:29
We seriously need to get Simon Cowell out of the music business... somehow. There is a lot of amazing music out there, and the general public hardly hear any of it. He is a plague on music... Okay, so he knows whether someone can sing or not. That's not hard. I don't understand how he could possibly think any of what he produces is decent music. We do not need any of it. It's so old and so safe, God I can't stand it. Somehow we need to get the creative and innovative musicians out there, that's what music is really about. We need more people with an active interest in that, because music should always move forward. Down with X-Factor. There is so much more to music.

TR FAN 18
23-08-09, 20:00
9.9 MILLION actually watched the X Factor yesterday! :eek:
How can these rubbish talent shows be so popular?! :hea:

Jacob x5
23-08-09, 21:21
9.9 million?! Christ, I didn't realise it was that bad.

darkangel08
24-08-09, 00:03
I'll only watch the auditions for obvious reason but the show is old now. I think their idea of reinvigorating the series by putting the auditionees in front of an audience was pretty pointless and unimaginative.

And did anyone notice that Simon Cowell never gets dressed? He's wearing that same t-shirt at all the different locations.

Biddy
24-08-09, 00:12
I'll only watch the auditions for obvious reason but the show is old now. I think their idea of reinvigorating the series by putting the auditionees in front of an audience was pretty pointless and unimaginative.

And did anyone notice that Simon Cowell never gets dressed? He's wearing that same t-shirt at all the different locations.

Ditto! Is it a trademark or something?

Minty Mouth
24-08-09, 00:13

Its funny that you mention that, my Sister pointed it out on Saturday When we were watching it :p :vlol:

darkangel08
24-08-09, 00:22
lol all that money, you'd think he would have something different. Well at least he doesn't have his trousers up to his armpits anymore!

Mister_Creazil
24-08-09, 18:39
Its funny that you mention that, my Sister pointed it out on Saturday When we were watching it :p :vlol:

Obviously he's decent. He doesn't like to show off his money. He's coming of age now, he's getting older, so you know, fashion isn't a thing he desires. He's not going to go out everyday going "Oh God, this top only cost me 40... I best go change before people start thinking I'm poor."

Honestly, just because you're rich it doesn't mean you have to have bad back ache due to the money you're carrying in your clothes and jewellery. Some celebrities just want to look normal. :)

EDIT: Also, 10 years of Big Brother is worse.

oreo
24-08-09, 19:05
get over it. just don't watch it?

Explorer
24-08-09, 20:01
9.9 MILLION actually watched the X Factor yesterday! :eek:
How can these rubbish talent shows be so popular?! :hea:

9.9 million?! Christ, I didn't realise it was that bad.

Yes, and I was one of them :ton: ;)

All though I do like the show, (I should say I didn't at one time) as this thread is pretty much a bashing thread, one thing I don't like about the new series is that those who go for audition have to perform before both the judges and an audience. This did disturb me.

tlr online
25-08-09, 18:45
This was an outstanding performance. :tmb:

mzj9z8QDTfU

Boo! Embedding disabled. *thumbs down to X-Factor YouTube channel*

Minty Mouth
25-08-09, 18:46
This was outstanding.

mzj9z8QDTfU

I really dont like him. He's already overrated to me :o
(I admit im not familiar with that song)

Also, he looks like a black will young.

Explorer
25-08-09, 19:04
Apparently he used to be in a boy band, don't know much else besides that ...

*richietrent*
25-08-09, 19:30
I coulda sung better than him!