PDA

View Full Version : "I haven't the foggiest..."

t-raider26
14-08-09, 22:08
In the third cutscene in Bolivia, when you kill the first bad guy. Zip says "Any idea who he's workin for?" Then Lara says "I haven't the foggiest..." and so on. But before you kill the guy he says " I can't shoot on sight if I can't see nobody." *then a pause* Then he says something like "Hell ya I'll tell Rutland myself". He says Rutlands name yet Lara says he's deliberately unremarkable....

Morsusmihi
14-08-09, 22:26
They assume that people don't wait to kill him. Either that or Lara has really bad hearing.

Super Badnik
14-08-09, 22:36
I suppose Lara dosen't know Rutland at that point.

Uzi master
15-08-09, 01:44
well since we know who Rutland is later it seems obviouse hes the guys boss but if you did'nt know that(Playing the level for first time) we might not think rutland's his boss. of course it seems more like poor scripting(or whatever you call it).

Lara's home
15-08-09, 04:42
Lara didn't know who he was before she got home and Zip told her.

Morsusmihi
15-08-09, 04:53
I suppose Lara dosen't know Rutland at that point.

well since we know who Rutland is later it seems obviouse hes the guys boss but if you did'nt know that(Playing the level for first time) we might not think rutland's his boss. of course it seems more like poor scripting(or whatever you call it).

Lara didn't know who he was before she got home and Zip told her.

No, she doesn't know who Rutland is at that point, but the point that the OP is trying to make is that if you wait around a little bit, say continue hanging or sneak up behind the man, he says "Rutland" and so it makes no sense for Lara to say that she doesn't know who he works for when Zip asks.

Uzi master
15-08-09, 04:58
chances are most people don't wait the first time through and again she knows the name but that doesnt meen hes the boss.

Morsusmihi
15-08-09, 05:18
Very true, maybe they could have had her say something about the guy's conversation still. Such as, if you let it progress she says "I haven't the foggiest, though he spoke of someone named Rutland..." or something. I guess it doesn't really matter, though as who really wants to wait around at the beginning of the game for some random enemy to finish a sentence?

t-raider26
15-08-09, 06:13
Well i play with subtitles on and when the merc guy says it its subtitled so its not like we aren't supposed to here it. And she basically said she had NO ideo, she could've told Zip to look up the name Rutland or something...but i guess its nothing to get worked up over :p