PDA

View Full Version : Signs, Destiny, Fate

Croft, Lara
14-08-09, 22:25
Do you believe that there is some greater force that gives us signs that we take that lead us on different paths?

Do you believe that you are destined for great or better things?

Do you believe that your life has already been planned out and you are just living it?

Your thoughts?!?

Minty Mouth
14-08-09, 22:26
Ive always believed in the theory where there are infinite universes running along side each other, that play out every possibility of the world in a constant loop. We just jump between them.

NemesisX13X
14-08-09, 22:27
Well, What I believe is, that if God likes a person, if that person does something wronge, or goes down a wronge path, then he will get that person in some sort of "trouble" so that person would realize what he's doing, and if god doesnt like a person, then if that person keeps on doing wronge things, then god wont give him a "sign" and will let him drown in sins. :D

Tombraiderx08
14-08-09, 22:28
Do you believe that there is some greater force that gives us signs that we take that lead us on different paths?

Do you believe that your life has already been planned out and you are just living it?

Your thoughts?!?Yes,probably, and most likely xD i see Ravens before bad things happen, i like to think its because im special(hah) and because my moms maiden name means raven in irish :)

silver_wolf
14-08-09, 23:06
I think there's a sort of order to the world. A series of subtle patterns that occur because of or leading up to certain events. I know it's sort of confusing. Think of it as an undercurrent, like an invisible river that is always flowing but we can't see it. When certain things happen it effects the current which in turn effects the world around us in ways we can't always understand, but I think we can recognize some of the signs. Ugh. Now I've confused myself.

Admles
14-08-09, 23:12
No.

Terminator 2 said it best: "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves"

Keiewii
14-08-09, 23:14
I think that everything is written for each individual. What is happening in the world today is already acknowledge by a lot of people .. as an example religions ( Islam , Christianity and Judaism) talked about whats gonna happen to the world in the end .So yes I think that everything is written for each individual.

Lara's Nemesis
14-08-09, 23:25
I don't believe that a greater force is setting your life on a certain path.

I do believe that your circumstances may have an effect tho.

Legends
15-08-09, 08:25
I believe there are people who are suited for each other who then one day might meet each other and it seemed like it was fate. I think you're lucky if you find someone to love, and I mean truly love. So, what is fate really? I wonder about all the people I want to meet, and I wonder how I might meet them, and most of all I wonder if there is just one person who will fit me perfectly? There might be. I would like to think there is one special person for everyone, but I think it all depends on yourself. How you will let that other person love you. It's not always about them. What if you make a mistake? Is love lost forever, or was it fate that slipped away.. So many questions. I think in the end and after all the questions and doubts and feeling we all just try to find love with what force we have. I could spend my whole life dreaming, that is the only world that won't disappoint me.

Ikas90
15-08-09, 09:30
Sometimes. I believe that sometimes, I am given a test or trial by God. One test I was given, I was able to prove to myself that I'm a good person. Guy left his cash in the ATM machine; I could have stolen it, but I decided to run after, and give it back to him. I believe that God allowed that to happen so I could prove to him, and to myself that I'm not gluttonous. It was $100.

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-08-09, 11:18
I believe in fate, but I also believe that we control it. It doesn't just happen.

Sometimes our fate may be something amazingly awesome, but we screw things up and miss out. :p

Larapink
16-08-09, 12:08
I have always believed in signs, destiny and fate. Sometimes things are wrote about your life, I feel that.

But we can control how we life our own life's.

KIKO
16-08-09, 12:43

Your thoughts?!?

I believe in warning signs but not by a greater force.
I don't believe I'm destined for something nor my future has been planned. I believe my present decisions affect the future :)

Psychos'Я'Us
16-08-09, 12:47
I don't believe in that crap.

Dennis's Mom
16-08-09, 14:16
There's no point in living if everything is predestined.

I think we are in control of our existence, however existence operates by a set of rules not under our control (as do other people.)

Robert Burns said it best: "The best laid schemes of mice and men gang aft agley.

xXhayleyroxXx
16-08-09, 14:28
Well, What I believe is, that if God likes a person, if that person does something wronge, or goes down a wronge path, then he will get that person in some sort of "trouble" so that person would realize what he's doing, and if god doesnt like a person, then if that person keeps on doing wronge things, then god wont give him a "sign" and will let him drown in sins. :D

i agree :)

adventurerLara
16-08-09, 14:31
I believe some things are destined to happen, but there are various options that determine which path we take.

Reggie
16-08-09, 15:36
I don't believe in fate but in a combination of decision making, possibility and circumstance. So the outcome of an action will be affected by possibility and the possibility is affected by circumstances.

Chocola teapot
16-08-09, 15:39
Well maybe, maybe not.

TombRaiderCool
16-08-09, 15:56
I believe in coincidence.

I don't like the idea of fate personally, that all that happens to us is predetermined and completely beyond our influence. Being a string puppet in the hands of fate, it's a scary thought to be honest.

No, I believe that everything that ever happens is just a coincidence. I think we make our own fate. We are given chances through our life, but it's up to us if we will grab them or just pass by them.

vega82
16-08-09, 16:38
Ive always believed in the theory where there are infinite universes running along side each other, that play out every possibility of the world in a constant loop. We just jump between them.
This
I believe some things are destined to happen, but there are various options that determine which path we take.
And this. I think there are some x% odds for certain things to happen (in a macroversal scale of things), or statistical events patterns, but we have 100% free will to chose our own paths, our own decisions (and the eventual consequences of course).

Bongo Fury
16-08-09, 16:45

Your thoughts?!?

no to all three questions.

Endow
16-08-09, 17:00