PDA

View Full Version : Make Legend controls act like older TR games?

Grig
15-08-09, 00:06
Gag, I hate this 'movement relative the camera' crap.:hea: Please someone tell me where I can find a hack that will do a centre camera every 1/10 of a second or so, or any other means of getting the same effect.

And if it doesn't exist, could some kind genius please make one? Make it a mode that can be turned on and off so you can still look around via the mouse.

I did search and couldn't find anything, hence the post.

Dents
15-08-09, 09:17
Movement relative to the camera is what about 90% of 3D games use. Get used to it. ;)

Doctorb
15-08-09, 10:05
Gag, I hate this 'movement relative the camera' crap.:hea: Please someone tell me where I can find a hack that will do a centre camera every 1/10 of a second or so, or any other means of getting the same effect.

And if it doesn't exist, could some kind genius please make one? Make it a mode that can be turned on and off so you can still look around via the mouse.

I did search and couldn't find anything, hence the post.

When I played the demo on PC i played with the setup so mouse left/right moved camera and button click for move forward. It worked well for moving about.

Movement relative to the camera is what about 90% of 3D games use. Get used to it. ;)

Just because its the de facto standard doesn't make it the best does it? As far as TR goes it should be camera locked. Mind you, wouldn't make much difference with CD's TR's because Lara's movements are less 'simulation' and realistic plus the environments are 'limited'.

Grig
15-08-09, 17:52
When I played the demo on PC i played with the setup so mouse left/right moved camera and button click for move forward. It worked well for moving about.

That's a big improvement, thanks.

referee
16-08-09, 01:43
Actually even in the classics the movement is according to the camera but the thing is that in most instances the camera is locked; however, you can notice this in some instances where the game gives u an overview of a room without freezing Lara, who in those brief moments moves relative to the camera.

Doctorb
16-08-09, 10:32
Actually even in the classics the movement is according to the camera but the thing is that in most instances the camera is locked; however, you can notice this in some instances where the game gives u an overview of a room without freezing Lara, who in those brief moments moves relative to the camera.

Yes but I think the annoyance is that if you press say left, Lara will face left but the player will see her left profile side on. The player is looking forward yet the avatar looks left, it just ruins atmosphere and makes you not 'at one' with your characters perspective. The beauty of that PC control confiq and camera locked avatars is that you can move and turn using one hand, not two. Simpler and more effective.

Mytly
16-08-09, 11:55
Completely wrong, actually. Movement in the classics is purely in terms of Lara, not the camera. You can try it very simply by backing her against a wall, so that she faces the camera, and then pressing left. She will turn to her left, not the camera's.