PDA

View Full Version : Gays in Iraq: "Better under Saddam!"

IceColdLaraCroft
17-08-09, 18:13
Since January of this year 90 gay men have been killed in Iraq says Human Rights Watch (HRW). Under former dictator Saddam Hussein there was more sexual liberation (not just for gay men and women, but all peoples). Now under the largely Shia government things have changed. While the murders/violence has been concentrated in Baghdad there is a growing movement against gays in other cities in Iraq.

It's sad to see/hear when things were actually better for a group of people under a dictator than this "democracy" the U.S. has "brought" to Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8204853.stm

Super Badnik
17-08-09, 18:16
Ok, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking things were rosey and wonderful under Saddam.

Sad that this type of discrimination still happens, not a surprise though.

amiro1989
17-08-09, 18:19
I read that earlier today, and felt horrible for the gay community in Iraq. It's so sad. So horrible. :(

Catapharact
17-08-09, 18:24
All the more reason for UN to take the peacekeeping role and mandate in Iraq now. I know the current forces sitting there violated UN mandates but damn it! The security forces there don't know how to perform peacekeeping missions! They were trained to do this!

Vigilante attacks will only be surpressed by a more proficient peacekeeping oriented task group.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 18:47
Weren't homosexuals executed just for being homosexual under Saddam's regime? I really doubt gays were better off under Saddam.

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 18:48
That Is AWFUL! :cen:

Catapharact
17-08-09, 18:49
Weren't homosexuals executed just for being homosexual under Saddam's regime?

Ironically no. It was actually legal.

larafan25
17-08-09, 18:51
^so why are they being killed now?:O

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 18:51
Ironically no. It was actually legal.Really? Well, that's a shocker. As Super Badnik said, things weren't exactly rosy under Saddam, so I don't really think this can be used to prove the invasion actually made Iraq worse.

Have homosexuals been suddenly specifically targeted since the invasion? Homosexuality was legal before the invasion and it's still legal now. I find it hard to believe that there were no killings like this pre-invasion.

Catapharact
17-08-09, 18:55
^so why are they being killed now?:O

Because as of this moment, Iraq isn't stabilized enough to count on its security forces to maintain law and order against Vigilantes. Plus the Iraqi security force isn't being properly screened for corruption and hence you have a lot of individuals who can be bought off with Bribes or just are unfit for the job.

Furthermore, the current international force in Iraq cannot take on a more effective policing role since they don't have much experience in that given task.

Hence my recommendation for the UN to get involved with Peacekeepers.

EDIT:

Mad Tony:

Same post applies as a response to your question as well.

amiro1989
17-08-09, 18:55
I can't believe we can actually discuss homosexuality as something that is linked to the law. "It's legal". Like wtf?

Goose
17-08-09, 18:59
All the more reason for UN to take the peacekeeping role and mandate in Iraq now. I know the current forces sitting there violated UN mandates but damn it! The security forces there don't know how to perform peacekeeping missions! They were trained to do this!

Vigilante attacks will only be surpressed by a more proficient peacekeeping oriented task group.

The report says members of the Mehdi Army militia group are spearheading the campaign

Trust me, people may like to ignore facts, but we have seriously kicked the **** out of Sadrs Mahdi army.

These are the guys funded by Iran, infact there leader Al Sadr fled there last year when the coalition forces started operations in Sadr city and all over Iraq during the Sunni awakening.

Basically that article is saying "Shia militia, who have been attacking coalition forces since the invasion, are now making an effort to kill gays", but putting a spin on it by making out it has something todo with the newly elected government, when infact that government mobilised its army against that exact group.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:03
They deserve it :wve:

Kelly Craftman
17-08-09, 19:04
i think its sick how some people treat others just because different to them!:mad: i think they shall all go to Hell!

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:04

Who Does?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:05
Who Does?

Them.

Goose
17-08-09, 19:07
Them.

Who the Mahdi army getting pwned by us, or gays being killed?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:08
Who the Mahdi army getting pwned by us, or gays being killed?

Gays being killed. :wve:

Catapharact
17-08-09, 19:08
Trust me, people may like to ignore facts, but we have seriously kicked the **** out of Sadrs Mahdi army.

These are the guys funded by Iran, infact there leader Al Sadr fled there last year when the coalition forces started operations in Sadr city and all over Iraq during the Sunni awakening.

Smashing the frontline maybe, but then look upon the fact that they are now using guriella tactics. They are hoping to create a negitive reaction for the currenct Iraqi administration and so far... It seems to be working.

BTW: SOME of their cells MIGHT be back by SOME factions in Iran. If anything, Ahmadin doesn't wants anything to do with the Iraqi army.

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:10

HOW!? :mad: ...

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:12
They deserve it :wve:Err, what?

Seriously, this person has got to be trolling.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:12

Its a muslim country, being gay/lesbian/bi-sexual is forbidden :wve:

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:13

DONT BE REDICULOUS, Gays/ Lesbians/ bi's Cannot choose if they are that way.

Mokono
17-08-09, 19:13

Chill, she's just trolling... Taking her part, since yesterday she was troled, i'll talk to her seriously though :wve:.

Kelly Craftman
17-08-09, 19:14

Shes right its Forbidden

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:14
Its a muslim country, being gay/lesbian/bi-sexual is forbidden :wve:Yeah but homosexuality is legal in this particular Muslim country (Iraq).

Catapharact
17-08-09, 19:15

And I knew this goofy little senerio would start everntually. Jordan is a Muslim dominated nation. Look upon their laws concerning gays and Lesbians. Most Muslim nations have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to homosecuality.

Goose
Smashing the frontline maybe, but then look upon the fact that they are now using guriella tactics. They are hoping to create a negitive reaction for the currenct Iraqi administration and so far... It seems to be working.

BTW: SOME of their cells MIGHT be back by SOME factions in Iran. If anything, Ahmadin doesn't wants anything to do with the Iraqi army.

The operations were almost all encompassing interms of types of Warfare, it was sometimes a house by house afair:

dWaYaE7bmDU

Well it ended with Sadr demanding his men drop arms and do as the coalition said, so that the Mahdi may become a political party. But it seems his party has resorted to pathetic tactics against civilians, as it cant hack a real enemy, as it was proved.

Hearts and minds can and will work, the more they kill civilians the more civilians run to us about information on weapon cache's, IED's and possible safe houses, not because they like us, but because we are the lesser of the two evils.

It was the operations in Sadr city that gave Ahmadinijad cold feet about the whole thing, before we we're getting Persian radio traffic around Basrah, but its certainly not as bad now. Not to mention Iranian munitions being used indirectly.

NemesisX13X
Chill, she's just trolling... Taking her part, since yesterday she was troled, i'll talk to her seriously though :wve:.

Err, what?

Seriously, this person has got to be trolling.

Im not trolling. :wve:

Shes right its Forbidden

Yeah, in non-muslim countries, its okay, they got used to have people who are gay and such, but its forbidden in Islam. :wve:

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:16
Shes right its Forbidden

You can't just suddenly not be Gay or Lesbian depending on the country you live in, And they were born that way, In that country.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:16
Yeah, in non-muslim countries, its okay, they got used to have people who are gay and such, but its forbidden in Islam. :wve:So? Iraqi law says it's legal.

Mokono
17-08-09, 19:17
Yeah, boo me for running to Wikipedia, but i just wanted to show this:

http://i32.************/2q36suf.png

Bluish countries were there's a liberal attitude towards it. Reddish were is not, and dark brown where it deserves death penalty.

Kelly Craftman
You can't just suddenly not be Gay or Lesbian depending on the country you live in, And they were born that way, In that country.

thats why they don't tell anyone.

Changeling
...but its forbidden in Islam. :wve:

But in the country the article is referrng to, it's legal. :wve:

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:18
But in the country the article is referrng to, it's legal. :wve:

The article is bull****, its not legal. :wve:

Tony9595
17-08-09, 19:19

Yeah, but that would be awesome :D
Seems like this smiley is being famous on this thread, so I'll put it too :wve:

Changeling
17-08-09, 19:19

I think you'll find it is. And I hope you realise how horrible you're sounding right now, despite the fact that it may be your view on things. Wishing death on anyone and saying "they deserved it" is horrible.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:20
I think you'll find it is. And I hope you realise how horrible you're sounding right now, despite the fact that it may be your view on things. Wishing death on anyone and saying "they deserved it" is horrible.

Im not wishing death on them!

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:21
The article is bull****, its not legal. :wve:http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

But it is though...

Changeling
17-08-09, 19:22
Im not wishing death on them!

By saying "they deserved it" along with the condescending :wve: smiley, it sure looks like you are.

Chocola teapot
Okay, Okay Guys, this Discussion has become a little bit flared because of me lashing out at Nemesis,
Let's calm it down. No hard feelings Nemesis, Right?

NemesisX13X
By saying "they deserved it" along with the condiscending :wve: smiley, it sure looks like you are.

Well Im not, they shouldnt die, but if there are people against them, then its a good thing. :wve:

Changeling
17-08-09, 19:23
Well Im not, they shouldnt die, but if there are people against them, then its a good thing. :wve:

That's just like people going against me on this forum because I have a C in my username and you saying I deserve it.

EmeraldFields
17-08-09, 19:24
http://i30.************/3127asl.gif

Catapharact
17-08-09, 19:24
Hearts and minds can and will work, the more they kill civilians the more civilians run to us about information on weapon cache's, IED's and possible safe houses, not because they like us, but because we are the lesser of the two evils.

It was the operations in Sadr city that gave Ahmadinijad cold feet about the whole thing, before we we're getting Persian radio traffic around Basrah, but its certainly not as bad now. Not to mention Iranian munitions being used indirectly.

That is perfectly true and well and I am totally in support of a stabilization mission there; Don't get me wrong and I know the heavy price you are paying for those missions and you do have my condolences for it.

But realistically speaking, look upon the time it took to Stabilize Bosnia after the NATO campaign in the Balkans. Its gonna tsake a lot more time and a lot more policing experience. Canada IMO has plenty of it and while they have proved their worth on the frontlines as any other member of the NATO alliance, they have especially proved their worth in peacekeeping missions. Plus, with the UN stamp firmly on the whole operation, you guys are likely to get more support.

Tony9595
17-08-09, 19:25
Brenda

OMG! Exactly what I was thinking. I think you're taking this way too far now :p

:wve::wve::wve:

NemesisX13X
That's just like people going against me on this forum because I have a C in my username and you saying I deserve it.

Im just saying that, I dont think they should die, its just that, being gay is wronge, and they should'nt be punished or something, but maybe fixed?

Mad Tony
Im just saying that, I dont think they should die, its just that, being gay is wronge, and they should'nt be punished or something, but maybe fixed?You just said they deserved to die.

Changeling
17-08-09, 19:26
Im just saying that, I dont think they should die, its just that, being gay is wronge, and they should'nt be punished or something, but maybe fixed?

You can't "fix" gay people, they're born that way, it's not something to be "fixed" or something you choose. Being gay isn't wrong in any way, it's a natural form of human and animal behaviour.

Mokono
17-08-09, 19:26
http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg[/I[I]MG]

But it is though...

You gotta understand that she doesn't mean the "legal system", she means in the القرآن (Al-Qur’ān).

Kelly Craftman
17-08-09, 19:27
Everyone STFU! its Nemesis view and leave her be!

BlackRainbow
17-08-09, 19:28
Thanks for that. :(

Mad Tony
You gotta understand that she doesn't mean the "legal system", she means in the القرآن (Al-Qur’ān).I don't think she does...

That was in reference to Changeling saying it is legal in Iraq.

NemesisX13X
You just said they deserved to die.

I said they deserve it, I didnt say that they deserved to die.

You can't "fix" gay people, they're born that way, it's not something to be "fixed" or something you choose. Being gay isn't wrong in any way, it's a natural form of human and animal behaviour.

You gotta understand that she doesn't mean the "legal system", she means in the القرآن (Al-Qur’ān).

Finally! Atleast you get what Im saying! O_O

Chocola teapot
Everyone STFU! its Nemesis view and leave her be!

I agree, Lets let this die down.

Catapharact
17-08-09, 19:29

There might be conflictions about that given senerio as well. No one calls upon the death of homosexuals. The act of fornication (i.e. adultery and any act that links to adultry) is forbiddened.

Changeling
*sigh*

Off course, it always has to come down to religion doesn't it?

Kelly Craftman
*sigh*

yes!

Mad Tony
I said they deserve it, I didnt say that they deserved to die.Deserve what exactly? This topic is about gays being murdered and you said they deserved it, therefore it's right to assume that you're talking about murder. Stop going back on yourself. Stick to a view here.

@Changeling: No it doesn't. Some people just hate homosexuals because they're different. Religion is just the most common excuse they use to defend their outlandish views.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:30
There might be conflictions about that given senerio as well. No one calls upon the death of homosexuals. The act of fornication (i.e. adultery and any act that links to adultry) is forbiddened.

I didnt say that they deserved to die.

*sigh*

Yes.

I don't think she does...

And I think I do.

:wve:

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:31
And I think I do.

:wve:Funny because that isn't what you said earlier. You've really gotta stop contradicting yourself.

Kelly Craftman
17-08-09, 19:32
Funny because that isn't what you said earlier.

Its her view! if you have a problem contact the national releastionship Inc!

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:32
@Changeling: No it doesn't. Some people just hate homosexuals because they're different. Religion is just the most common excuse they use to defend their outlandish views.

I dont hate them, and Im not using relegion as an excuse. :wve:

Funny because that isn't what you said earlier. You've really gotta stop contradicting yourself.

I never said they deserved to die!

Changeling
17-08-09, 19:33
Personally I find what you're saying is sick and disgusting. I, for one, have nothing against homosexuality. I understand that that's your opinion, but I'm not attacking your views in this post, I'm merely posting my opinion on your opinion.

Mad Tony
Its her view! if you have a problem contact the national releastionship Inc!What I just said had nothing to do with her view. I'm asking her why she keeps contradicting herself.

Mokono
Deserve what exactly? This topic is about gays being murdered and you said they deserved it, therefore it's right to assume that you're talking about murder. Stop going back on yourself. Stick to a view here.

She's speaking about the given law in their religion, then assuming that those people were caught during certain "acts" deem as adultery, so they "deserve" to face what the "given" "law" says... Whether this is right or wrong doesn't deppend on us, there's a violetion of a code stablished here... Who are we to intervine on what certain Muslims MUST believe if we haven't read the Corán nor speak arabic?

What I just said had nothing to do with her view. I'm asking her why she keeps contradicting herself.

Explained above this quote.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:34
I never said they deserved to die!I think you did...

Them.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:34
Personally I find what you're saying is sick and disgusting. I, for one, have nothing against homosexuality. I understand that that's your opinion, but I'm not attacking your views in this post, I'm merely posting my opinion on your opinion.

What I just said had nothing to do with her view. I'm asking her why she keeps contradicting herself.

Look, I said they deserve it, right? Well, I didnt mean that they deserved to die, its a muslim country, its forbidden in Islam, so I was just saying, that if there were people against them, its the right thing. :wve:

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:35
GUYS! please, This is out of proportion now, We either stop, or by the time this gets to page 23 of fighting, Its closed by mods.

Greenkey2
17-08-09, 19:35
Guys, chill.

Nemesis, please stop being deliberately provoking. You say you're not trolling. I say you are, because you obviously know enough about what you're talking about to be clearer, and avoid provoking heated arguments, if you want to.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:36
She's speaking about the given law in their religion, then assuming that those people were caught during certain "acts" deem as adultery, so they "deserve" to face what the "given" "law" says... Whether this is right or wrong doesn't deppend on us, there's a violetion of a code stablished here... Who are we to intervine on what certain Muslims MUST believe if we haven't read the Corán nor speak arabic?

I think you did...

Read the quote above. :wve:

Catapharact
17-08-09, 19:37
Guys, chill.

Nemesis, please stop being deliberately provoking. You say you're not trolling. I say you are, because you obviously know enough about what you're talking about to be clearer, and avoid provoking heated arguments, if you want to.

I am actually interested in the original topic at hand then this little argument; Which is the point of this given thread isn't it?

So where were we?

Kelly Craftman
17-08-09, 19:38
GUYS! please, This is out of proportion now, We either stop, or by the time this gets to page 23 of fighting, Its closed by mods.

Agreed!

Mokono
17-08-09, 19:38
Guys, chill.

Am i the only one who's reading this carefully? I was wrong, this is not a vindict for what happened yesterday, but everyone should read carefully her posts... In the best of the case, those who can't understand ignore them instead of senselessly quoting them to pick up a cursade fight against Islam.

amiro1989
17-08-09, 19:39
Look, I said they deserve it, right? Well, I didnt mean that they deserved to die, its a muslim country, its forbidden in Islam, so I was just saying, that if there were people against them, its the right thing. :wve:

So if I told you Islam is bull**** and all Muslims needed to be killed, would you like that? Or "fixed" like you say? If I was an islamophobe, and I thought every single one of them shoudl be killed, what would you think?Would you appreciate that? This is ****ing hurtful, and I just don't understand how people can think that way. You can't be human wishing death upon people.

And don't get me wrong, my parents are muslim, I was just using that as an example to prove you how stupid and probably wrong your "opinion" is.

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:41
Agreed!

Good! :D
Though kelly, What are your oppinions on the topic at hand? Can anything be done in iraq?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:41
Am i the only one who's reading this carefully? I was wrong, this is not a vindict for what happened yesterday, but everyone should read carefully her posts... In the best of the case, those who can't understand ignore them instead of senselessly quoting them to pick up a cursade fight against Islam.

This thread is an example why Templars have always fought the Saracens T_T Anyways, everyone is attacking me, saying that Im trolling, Im not wishing them death, Im just saying this is agianst Islam, thats all! >_>

Cochrane
17-08-09, 19:42
This thread is an example why Templars have always fought the Saracens T_T Anyways, everyone is attacking me, saying that Im trolling, Im not wishing them death, Im just saying this is agianst Islam, thats all! >_>

With all due respect, it would have been better if you had stated this clearly from the start.

amiro1989
And that they deserve it.... That people have the right to go against them because it's "wrong".... Oh please. :rolleyes:

Tony9595

Yeah and I think that your point has been clarified now. But it looks like all they desire is to make a "General Nemesis Bashing Thread"... :pi:

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:44
You're all just misunderstanding me! I dont want Gays to be harmed at all! And I dont hate them! Im just saying that theyre against the rules of Islam! They dont deserve to die! :hea:

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 19:46
You're all just misunderstanding me! I dont want Gays to be harmed at all! And I dont hate them! Im just saying that theyre against the rules of Islam! They dont deserve to die! :hea:

Ok guys now HONESTLY Leave her alone, she's repeatedly given her explaination! Do you want Green Key to close this thread?

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 19:48
Ok guys now HONESTLY Leave her alone, she's repeatedly given her explaination! Do you want Green Key to close this thread?Indeed. Would've been better though if she'd said that at the start of the thread instead of saying they deserve it and then going on to do a U-turn and completely deny it. This whole mess would never have happened then.

Goose
17-08-09, 19:51
But realistically speaking, look upon the time it took to Stabilize Bosnia after the NATO campaign in the Balkans. Its gonna tsake a lot more time and a lot more policing experience. Canada IMO has plenty of it and while they have proved their worth on the frontlines as any other member of the NATO alliance, they have especially proved their worth in peacekeeping missions. Plus, with the UN stamp firmly on the whole operation, you guys are likely to get more support.

To be honest, no-one has more policing experience then the British military, Northern Ireland for 30 years, Kossovo, Sierra leone, Bosnia, Gulf war 1/2, Kuwait border, Lebanon and countless others on our CV. Canada i guess has the happy image, but doesn't seem keen to commit to another countries future democracy.

The key point is that the news story is telling BS, its stating plainly that it is headed by the Mahdi army, but its heavily implying its in league with the new government, when its the exact opposite, us and the iraqi government have made a very serious effort to destroy the mahdi armies influence and activities in Iraq.

Mokono
17-08-09, 19:52
Yeah and I think that your point has been clarified now. But it looks like all they desire is to make a "General Nemesis Bashing Thread"... :pi:

You know what is hilarious about this? How many people is still mainstream media brainwashed so they assume gay people is a persecuted group. Maybe where they live, i'm pretty happy living in a country where no one really pay attention to that, since there are WORSE problems like starvation :D. I know there's little aceptance of gay people in schools, but if i had my son being gay i wouldn't sign him up in s school were is not tollerated nor try to change the way that school runs (considering that appart from that is really prestigious) or make an heroic cause (thanks hollywood for screwing up values). Anyways, the last issue concerning gays in Lima (notice that every trouble happens in this city) was because they closed a gay nightclub... Those who were brainwashed shouted: "homophobia!", but the charges were specific Excess of Noise (not to mention that the Municipality found out that they allowed people underage to enter, wich is forbidded to any nightclub), now it's open again and they follow the same rules other nightclubs follow. I really like the gay community of Lima, but i don't like proselitism and how groups are formed to distinguish themselves, to get an "identity"... Then is straight people who segregates them? Having one of my oldest friends being gay also made me surrender certain perspectives and also made me realize that their UNIVERSAL RIGHTS had been restrained because of what society think is a condition, but we all deserve the same rights, not alternate laws.

PS: Not to mention that i think that heterosexuality and homosexuality are technically the same and doesn't exist as opposites :wve:.

Goose
17-08-09, 19:58
I think the main points to take away from this story are:

Mahdi army's killing gays.

The coalition forces are actively fighting the Mahdi army.

Importantly, who the hell in Iraq is better off right now anyway? Or does this BBC corespondent only see Gays as having a hard time?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 19:58
Indeed. Would've been better though if she'd said that at the start of the thread instead of saying they deserve it and then going on to do a U-turn and completely deny it. This whole mess would never have happened then.

But I explained everything right away, wouldnt it have been easier if you guys stopped bashing me and payed attention to what I actually said?

Catapharact
17-08-09, 20:00
To be honest, no-one has more policing experience then the British military, Northern Ireland for 30 years, Kossovo, Sierra leone, Bosnia, Gulf war 1/2, Kuwait border, Lebanon and countless others on our CV. Canada i guess has the happy image, but doesn't seem keen to commit to another countries future democracy.

True but technically speaking, they have been commended again and again not only by the NATO Brass but by the UN itself ;). Plus Canada's peacekeepers have participated in support roles for 72 UN related and unrelated peace operations from 1992 and onwards so they have made a solid image for themselves in that given view. They are more invested in stabilization of the region and hope that democracy takes on its own accord. It happened in Bosnia.

The key point is that the news story is telling BS, its stating plainly that it is headed by the Mahdi army, but its heavily implying its in league with the new government, when its the exact opposite, us and the iraqi government have made a very serious effort to destroy the mahdi armies influence and activities in Iraq.

Agreed. That part is iffy and I am waiting for independent sources to confirm it.

Mokono
17-08-09, 20:01
Importantly, who the hell in Iraq is better off right now anyway? Or does this BBC corespondent only see Gays as having a hard time?

Indeed, i think there's a lot of civilin chaos going by, this is only part of it... Any guess about children?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:02
Indeed, i think there's a lot of civilin chaos going by, this is only part of it... Any guess about children?

Who's the president anyways?

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:03
Who's the president anyways?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=President+of+Iraq

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 20:03
Jalal Talabani.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:04
Jalal Talabani

Oh god, no O_________________O

amiro1989
17-08-09, 20:07
Kidnapping boys?

Pedophiles and homosexuals are not the same my friend. I feel sorry for you, if that's what you think.

Huh, I feel so ashamed to be from Middle East myself. Uh.

scion05
17-08-09, 20:09
You guys know something ? Jenni ( Greenkey2 ) has asked you all to calm down, I suggest you do as she says, or you'll most likely be going on holiday.

:rolleyes:

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:09
I am really sorry for you all, you still didn't know what happened actually to the Iraq people when American soldiers came for the war, they went inside the women's houses and start to make SEX SEX SEX behind the government's back, and nobody talk about it, they only say MUSLIM MUSLIM MUSLIM IRAQ IRAQ That's a bit of a broad generalization isn't it?

I didn't even bother to reply to the rest because it's not worth the hastle.

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 20:10
You guys know something ? Jenni ( Greenkey2 ) has asked you all to calm down, I suggest you do as she says, or you'll most likely be going on holiday.

:rolleyes:

^ Guys, Take the Hint.

Tombraiderx08
17-08-09, 20:11
Ugh, stuff like this disgusts me, im really tired of hearing this bs, people should really just learn to get along, and not hate or discriminate against people, it will never happen, but, it'd be nice.

NemesisX13X
Anyways, I personally think that Jalal is a bad president. :wve: *waits for the bashing to begin*

Mad Tony
^ Guys, Take the Hint.
We stopped talking about Nemesis' views ages ago.

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 20:13
Anyways, I personally think that Jalal is a bad president.

How come? :) I've never heard of the man.

Mokono
17-08-09, 20:13
Kidnapping boys?

Pedophiles and homosexuals are not the same my friend. I feel sorry for you, if that's what you think.

He's trying to say that those who were arrested an executed must have done something way to explicit to get what they got... I'm not excusing it, but they knew what they were doing, and where they were doing it under what laws of what religion (being part of that religion themselves).

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:15
He's trying to say that those who were arrested an executed must have done something way to explicit to get what they got... I'm not excusing it, but they knew what they were doing, and where they were doing it under what laws of what religion (being part of that religion themselves).The problem here is that there are two contradicting laws.

Goose
17-08-09, 20:16
True but technically speaking, they have been commended again and again not only by the NATO Brass but by the UN itself ;). Plus Canada's peacekeepers have participated in support roles for 72 UN related and unrelated peace operations from 1992 and onwards so they have made a solid image for themselves in that given view. They are more invested in stabilization of the region and hope that democracy takes on its own accord. It happened in Bosnia.

Agreed. That part is iffy and I am waiting for independent sources to confirm it.

The Canadian military hasnt really been anywhere we and the US havnt. The reason people like Canada come across as humanitarians, is because they have'nt had a good war to take the initiative in yet, they just sort of tag along at the back in the begining, but prove as worthy of service to our queen as anyone else in the British or Australian military once there. There doctrine is the same as ours.

The only way i could see them as being better choices for chucking bags of rice about in Iraq, would be the fact they love naming things, like the americans do. Like i have a friend who went on exercise in Kenya for practice in operations in Afghanistan, they had to help the locals with food and building, basic humanitarian work. In North America that standard activity would have had a name like "OPERATION OASIS" or something, medals being chucked at everyone nearby and the works. It makes it known world wide.

Makes me jealous how the American medal system works!

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:16
How come? :) I've never heard of the man.

I know way too many poltical secret-ish stuff :p

Mokono
17-08-09, 20:17
The problem here is that there are two contradicting laws.

That's the authorities fault. Both sides i mus add, those who are systematizing these arrests and those who criticize this, but take the deal the wrong way... A reform like the one needed to make Islam match the law is gonna take more than bullets, it requires decition, education and care.

amiro1989
17-08-09, 20:17
He's trying to say that those who were arrested an executed must have done something way to explicit to get what they got... I'm not excusing it, but they knew what they were doing, and where they were doing it under what laws of what religion (being part of that religion themselves).

I still don't get it.... Kidnapping boys, and being gay? You need to explain my friend. :confused:

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 20:18
I know way too many poltical secret-ish stuff :p

You know too much! :p

You probly turned into a bat and flew into his window.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:18
^ :vlol: What if the FBI are actually stalking my posts? :p

I still don't get it.... Kidnapping boys, and being gay? You need to explain my friend. :confused:

They were like groups, kidnapping boys and such.

amiro1989
17-08-09, 20:19
Group of what?....

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:20
I know way too many poltical secret-ish stuff :pExplanation?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:21
Group of what?....

Gays, and terrorists, kidnapping young boys, selling them in black markets, etc....

Explanation?

Of what?

Mokono
17-08-09, 20:21

I haven't said it's related to gays... Kidnappings are made by everyone and happens to everyone, and there's something called "people traffic" (mainlyfor sexual exploitation), i'm not concerned about this happen in the middle east though, but our friends in this forums who also live there seem to be more aware of this than us.

Explanation?

Didn't we stopped talking to her many views ago?

We stopped talking about Nemesis' views ages ago.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:22
Of what?Why he's a bad president. I'm not saying he's a good president (I don't really know enough about him), I'm just asking what makes him a bad president?

@Mokono: What are you talking about? :confused: I'm asking why she thinks he's a bad president.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:23
Why he's a bad president. I'm not saying he's a good president (I don't really know enough about him), I'm just asking what makes him a bad president?

@Mokono: What are you talking about? :confused: I'm asking why she thinks he's a bad president.

Im sorry, Ill get myself into deeeeeep **** :p

Mad Tony
Im sorry, Ill get myself into deeeeeep **** :pWith who, the mods? If it's civil I'm sure you wont.

amiro1989
I haven't said it's related to gays... Kidnappings are made by everyone and happens to everyone, and there's something called "people traffic" (mainlyfor sexual exploitation), i'm not concerned about this happen in the middle east though, but our friends in this forums who also live there seem to be more aware of this than us.

Didn't WE stopped talking to hare posts ago?

Ewwww. Okay I get it now.

But I mean, this is not a good argument at all... It's not because they are gay that they are kidnapping children. This is ridiculous. You just can't link those two elements directly....

Don't worry I'm not saying you're claiming it is directly linked. :ton:

Mokono
17-08-09, 20:25

I'm sorry then, she might have her reasons to think that, bt i'm mainly attracted to what Goose and Cataphract were discussing. Whatever concerning her own oppinion deserves a PM, don't you think?

Don't worry I'm not saying you're claiming it is directly linked. :ton:

I know, it's an obvious fallacy :D!

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:25
With who, the mods? If it's civil I'm sure you wont.

The police, The FBI, The S.W.A.T team :vlol:

Goose
17-08-09, 20:26
Im sorry, Ill get myself into deeeeeep **** :p

From who, i work for the MOD and i can be as free as i like?

Infact it seems hating our prime minister over here isnt frowned upon at all. So who cares about an iraqi one?

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:27
The police, The FBI, The S.W.A.T team :vlol:But the police and the FBI don't moniter Tomb Raider forums, and even if they did, why would they care if somebody criticized the Iraqi president?

The SWAT Team don't handle internet surveillance though.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:27
From who, i work for the MOD and i can be as free as i like?

Infact it seems hating our prime minister over here isnt frowned upon at all. So who cares about an iraqi one?

Stuff I know are just waaaaay serious :ohn:

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:28
Stuff I know are just waaaaay serious :ohn:Well PM us instead of using that same excuse. I'm really curious as to what this "secret stuff" is, although you seem to refuse to tell us for fear of being arrested, even though criticizing the Iraqi president isn't illegal and these forums aren't even monitored. :confused:

Goose
17-08-09, 20:28
Stuff I know are just waaaaay serious :ohn:

Try me, iv heard things from Bush cooking babies in satanic rituals to the Queen being a lizard, all go unpunished.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:29
Try me, iv heard things from Bush cooking babies in satanic rituals to the Queen being a lizard, all go unpunished.Lol, I remember that. :D

amiro1989
17-08-09, 20:30
Try me, iv heard things from Bush cooking babies in satanic rituals to the Queen being a lizard, all go unpunished.

:vlol:

Goose
17-08-09, 20:32

Haha i wish i was joking lol.

jackles
With who, the mods? If it's civil I'm sure you wont.

Civil..nice word I like it.

People keep in mind this is an all age forum and discuss respectfully please.

Discuss .....also a nice word.

NemesisX13X

Thats just freaky :vlol:

Well PM us instead of using that same excuse. I'm really curious as to what this "secret stuff" is, although you seem to refuse to tell us for fear of being arrested, even though criticizing the Iraqi president isn't illegal and these forums aren't even monitored. :confused:

Fine, what do you want to know?

Forwen
The Queen looks more like a hamster to me :confused:

*disappears*

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:34
Fine, what do you want to know?What makes Jalal Talabani a bad president?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:35
What makes Jalal Talabani a bad president?

I know a few things, but Im not sure of them yet.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:36
I know a few things, but Im not sure of them yet.I'm just asking for you opinion on him. What are these things?

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:38
I'm just asking for you opinion on him. What are these things?

Ugh, Im still not 100% sure, but the whole thing about making him "president" was America's/Israel's plan to help acomplish some "stuff"

just croft
17-08-09, 20:39
Oh please that article must be a scam, I'm sure they do still suffer a lot there due to the social mentality (not just politics). But to say things were "better under Saddam?"... :rolleyes:

Ironically no. It was actually legal.

Laws and Action rarely work together in most of those countries.

So? Why should one have to be a slave to other ideals just because of the place He/She was born?

EDIT: Wow this has 4 pages, I only saw the first one...

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:40
Ugh, Im still not 100% sure, but the whole thing about making him "president" was America's/Israel's plan to help acomplish some "stuff"Could you elaborate further? What is this "stuff" and what the hell has Israel got to do with it?

stereopathic
17-08-09, 20:42
this thread had the potential for some good discussion. i'll check back a little later to see if it ever got anywhere.

Goose
17-08-09, 20:45
this thread had the potential for some good discussion. i'll check back a little later to see if it ever got anywhere.

The title thing has been decided im my opinion.

Stating an obvious fact that includes everyone in Iraq having a hard time, but for some odd reason singling out Gays to make a good story.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:46
Could you elaborate further? What is this "stuff" and what the hell has Israel got to do with it?

You see, the reason why the war started between America and Iraq, was because Iraq had lots of oil, and America wanted that oil, so they started bombing Iraq and stuff, and while they were doing that, they stole the oil and sold it to other countries, like Israel, France, Russia, England, etc.... So, Jalal has to do something with Irael, that, I don't know.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 20:48
You see, the reason why the war started between America and Iraq, was because Iraq had lots of oil, and America wanted that oil, so they started bombing Iraq and stuff, and while they were doing that, they stole the oil and sold it to other countries, like Israel, France, Russia, England, etc.... So, Jalal has to do something with Irael, that, I don't know.Ok, well I've heard this argument before. I'm gonna be honest, I think it's ridiculous but you're entitled to your view and I'm not gonna go any further because that'll take ages. :p

Goose
17-08-09, 20:49
You see, the reason why the war started between America and Iraq, was because Iraq had lots of oil, and America wanted that oil, so they started bombing Iraq and stuff, and while they were doing that, they stole the oil and sold it to other countries, like Israel, France, Russia, England, etc.... So, Jalal has to do something with Irael, that, I don't know.

I wish that were true, would have a better economy over here! And wouldn't have had that shortage last year either.

NemesisX13X
^ It IS true! Theyre just not giving the money to the poeple, they keep it to themselves.

Ok, well I've heard this argument before. I'm gonna be honest, I think it's ridiculous but you're entitled to your view and I'm not gonna go any further because that'll take ages. :p

Entitled to my view?

Mad Tony
Entitled to my view?Yes, you're entitled to your own opinion. :confused:

amiro1989
17-08-09, 20:51

Maybe, who knows... Politics can be really nasty sometimes. The oil thingy is obvious, and it could make sense that Iraq will have to work with Israel in someways in a near future because of the influence of the States on Iraq.

Goose
17-08-09, 20:52
^ It IS true! Theyre just not giving the money to the poeple, they keep it to themselves.

So the money and oil is being kept by the government who i work for?

Whats the point in oil if its not used to stimulate industry? Whats the point of money if its not in the economy?

None is there.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 20:53
^ The presidents are keeping it all to themselves, dont you get it?

Maybe, who knows... Politics can be really nasty sometimes. The oil thingy is obvious, and it could make sense that Iraq will have to work with Israel in someways in a near future because of the influence of the States on Iraq.

Not all of Iraq, just a little part of it, because Israel is paying them loads of money, so you can call them traitors. :wve:

stereopathic
The title thing has been decided im my opinion.

Stating an obvious fact that includes everyone in Iraq having a hard time, but for some odd reason singling out Gays to make a good story.

yeah, between you and cat's discussion, i feel like there's not much else to address there. thing is, i think you could apply the atrocities that have occurred in iraq to a number of different groups, not just homosexuals. i don't deny that they've no doubt suffered some increased pressures (violence seems likely), but so have a lot of other citizens there. it's an environment of chaos that many people are living in, and that's a breeding ground for hate crimes. frustration drives normally law-abiding citizens to do some pretty sinister things. see post-katrina new orleans as another example.

a lot of things have changed since hussein's departure, some for the worse. electricity still hasn't been returned everywhere and gas prices are through the roof (compared to what they were pre-war). focusing on the plight of the homosexuals there seems to be missing the big picture. in my opinion anyway. but like you said, it makes a good story.

Catapharact
Laws and Action rarely work together in most of those countries.

Seems to be working just fine in Jordan, UAE, SA (as strict as they are,) Kuwait, etc. etc.

And after reading the responses in this thread I am wondering if people even care about staying in touch with current events around the world... Because most of the responses here are deporable at best.

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 20:56
Kidnapping boys?

Come here to the Middle east and see what is happening, you are not actually smart... AT ALL!

I thought you will say that I feel so ashamed being gay and act like barbies and girls when I am a MAN

But from your stupidness you said shamed for being a middle east, why? Because they are btter than you? And are TRUE MEN?

Goose
17-08-09, 21:00
Come here to the Middle east and see what is happening, you are not actually smart... AT ALL!

I thought you will say that I feel so ashamed being gay and act like barbies and girls when I am a MAN

But from your stupidness you said shamed for being a middle east, why? Because they are btter than you? And are TRUE MEN?

Well there not much need for that. And what do you consider true manliness?

Warrior spirit?

A lot of things have changed since hussein's departure, some for the worse. electricity still hasn't been returned everywhere and gas prices are through the roof (compared to what they were pre-war). focusing on the plight of the homosexuals there seems to be missing the big picture. in my opinion anyway. but like you said, it makes a good story.

Yep, but after 5 years what story hasnt been written?

amiro1989
17-08-09, 21:01

If true men, think like you. I'd rather be anything but a true man ;).

Plus, who said I was gay? :D I never said that.

And I seriously hope you don't think people will take you seriously when you compare gay with barbies and saying they're not acting like a "man"?

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:02
Well there not much need for that. And what do you consider true manliness?

Warrior spirit?

Yep, but after 5 years what story hasnt been written?

No!! Following guys and looking straight on their ass, and kiss them on their lips and act like GIRLS ;) Right?

jackles
17-08-09, 21:03
Remember keep it civil people. :)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

stereopathic
No!! Following guys and looking straight on their ass, and kiss them on their lips and act like GIRLS ;) Right?

somebody smack this fool.

NemesisX13X
Richard The LionHeart had Gay relationships :p

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:04

If true men, think like you. I'd rather be anything but a true man ;).

Plus, who said I was gay? :D I never said that.

And I seriously hope you don't think people will take you seriously when you compare gay with barbies and saying they're not acting like a "man"?

But why do you feel ahsmed for being a Middle East if you don't even know them? And if you're not a gay then what are you talking about?

Goose
17-08-09, 21:04

Is that what you think of men over here eh?

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:05
somebody smack this fool.

What do YOU consider about men?

jackles
There have been hundreds of warriors who were gay. Is your ability to be a general or a fighter impaired by who you love? I am sure there are heterosexual cowards as well as heroic gays. It is irrelevant.

Is a man only defined by loving women?

Alex Shepherd
Is that what you think of men over here eh?

FOOLL! You don't even know what I am talking about...

Goose
17-08-09, 21:06
Ther have been hundreds of warriors who were gay. Is your ability to be a general or a fighter impaired by who you love? I am sure there are heterosexual cowards as well as heroic gays. It is irrelevant.

Alexander the Great had a boy lover he took to combat with him.

FOOLL! You don't even know what I am talking about...

I know i dont, i asked you what you believe men to be and you came back with stuff about barbies?

I want to know what you think your real men over there are that we arent?

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:06
Ther have been hundreds of warriors who were gay. Is your ability to be a general or a fighter impaired by who you love? I am sure there are heterosexual cowards as well as heroic gays. It is irrelevant.

But is it normal when you see two men are marrying each other? Or women? That will affects our babies, our children in the future... That's really bad idea. There is something called Hospital, and they can be helped rather than walking like this.

jackles
17-08-09, 21:07
I know that Goose...I have studied the campaigns of Alexander.

Manliness should based on strength, kindness, bravery etc not just by who he fancies.

We should live and let live. Live a good life yourself....that is all people should have to worry about.

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:07
Alexander the Great had a boy lover he took to combat with him.

Were you with him? Did you see him? your soul was there watching him before entering into your mom's abdomen? He married many women ;)

Goose
17-08-09, 21:08
Were you with him? Did you see him? your soul was there watching him before entering into your mom's abdomen? He married many women ;)

It was a large practice in certain parts of Greece, boys for fun it was, women for children.

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:11
It was a large practice in certain parts of Greece, boys for fun it was, women for children.

SO?! We must act like him? He's Alexander just like any other famous person on earth in other countries...

Goose
17-08-09, 21:12
SO?! We must act like him? He's Alexander just like any other famous person on earth in other countries...

Nope, but a conqueror of empires liked guys, didnt make him less of a warrior, strategist, leader or man did it?

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:14
Nope, but a conqueror of empires liked guys, didnt make him less of a warrior, strategist, leader or man did it?

Think about it man, if someone who has some sexual problems and being gay wouldn't affect his personality?
Think about it and take it as a science ;) I really like to hear from you.

Mokono
17-08-09, 21:18
being gay wouldn't affect his personality?

Being gay doesn't equal being feminine... It just affects the gender people is attracted to, wich is also a decition.

just croft
17-08-09, 21:18
But is it normal when you see two men are marrying each other? Or women? That will affects our babies, our children in the future... That's really bad idea. There is something called Hospital, and they can be helped rather than walking like this.

So if gays affect future generations into being gay... who afected them in the first place? :tea:

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 21:19
So if gays affect future generations into being gay... who afected them in the first place? :tea:

Themselves.

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:20

So if the murderes, terrorists, stealing, kiddnapping affects the world and make it in danger, who affects them in the first place?

Mokono
17-08-09, 21:21

But Women-women Men-men can't breed by themselves... Unless they're like the Whip-tailed lizard.

Nannonxyay
You're comparing gay people to those horrible things? My god Alex. You really disgust me.

EmeraldFields
Being gay doesn't equal being feminine... It just affects the gender people is attracted to, wich is also a decition.

Except not really.

takamotosan
17-08-09, 21:22
So if the murderes, terrorists, stealing, kiddnapping affects the world and make it in danger, who affects them in the first place?

It's these types of comparisons that are part of the problem.
Lumping gays in with terrorists and murderers is slanderous and tacky.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 21:22
But Women-women Men-men can't breed by themselves... Unless they're like the Whip-tailed lizard.

True, then we'll all vanish :tea:

You're comparing gay people to those horrible things? My god Alex. You really disgust me.

He didnt.

Mokono
17-08-09, 21:23

I assume he's exaggerating the fact that having gay people will somehow stinct us? Notice that some people hasn't realized this isn't true yet. So personal attacks are as uncalled for as homophobia.

Except not really.

Well, i really doubt is a born condition, unless you follow Freud, who used to think (mainly) that conscience development was related to babies sexuality. Now, nnot all decitions are worth of will; this is, there's no chances that a person canchoose in it's 20's whether to be or not homosexual. Obviously there's a stand on what they're, if they like people from their same gender, then why should they pick people from the opposite gender?

just croft
17-08-09, 21:24
Themselves.

Then if it's up to each his own, they wouldn't afect future generations at all it would be the next guy's decision, you two are just contradicting yourselves.

Mankind itself.

He didnt.

He did.

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:24

WHOM!!!
Are doing bad things and accept about their action and think that it's good.
But for the gays who don't like to be like that, and can understand the fact, and need help, then I am the first one who'll be with him them and defends them whatever it takes.
We must really make a thread about the Gay thing.
I can start it.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 21:25
^^

Successful troll is successful.

NemesisX13X
17-08-09, 21:26
^^

Is that how you're gonna solve it? By calling people trolls?

stereopathic
17-08-09, 21:26
^^

funny tony is funny. :vlol:

Alex Shepherd
17-08-09, 21:27
Is that how you're gonna solve it? By calling people trolls?

It's OK ;) I just ignore them, I can understand the human conversation only, so he can say this to his parents because I will never understand it and I won't.

Nannonxyay
Homosexuality is not a decision. People don't wake up one day and go; "Ooh. I'm gonna start sleeping with people of my same gender." It's just who they. They can't help being attracted to somebody of the same gender, just like straight people can't help being attracted to somebody of the opposite gender. You don't have to agree with it or condone it, but for god's sakes don't be so hateful as to call them disgusting and attack them and say what they're doing is wrong. Perhaps they believe you are wrong? Perhaps they believe your beliefs, which are choice, are wrong. Because what they are doing is NOT A CHOICE. It is who they are. It's something you can not prevent.

Just because your bloody god tells you it isn't right, doesn't mean you get to tell them that they're sick. It's people like you who make me sick. People who are deluded and use a beautiful thing such as religion to defend your own inner fear and hatred of homosexuals who have done NOTHING to personally harm or offend you. Yet you personally offend and harm then for the only reason that you are narrow minded and a hateful person.

You digust me. And I don't care if I'll get banned or warned for this, because it's what I feel very strongly about and when you get personal and offend people who I support then I get angry. I am sick of you offending gay people. There are many gay people on the forum and to be honest, I think me offending one person is not at all big compared to you spurting out all this rubbish and offending about 100 members on here.

NemesisX13X
^ But they can change.

Mokono
17-08-09, 21:28
WHOM!!!
Are doing bad things and accept about their action and think that it's good.
But for the gays who don't like to be like that, and can understand the fact, and need help, then I am the first one who'll be with him them and defends them whatever it takes.
We must really make a thread about the Gay thing.
I can start it.

Polak did, it was closed and he got killed; i mean, banned.

Mad Tony
17-08-09, 21:28
Is that how you're gonna solve it? By calling people trolls?Solve what? The last few pages in this thread have shown that talking sense and logic isn't gonna work.

takamotosan
17-08-09, 21:29
^ But they can change.

Why should they? Who are they harming?

Nannonxyay
^ But they can change.

They can't change. :hea:

They are who they are. You can't prevent yourself from being gay for god's sake.

NemesisX13X
Solve what? The last few pages in this thread have shown that talking sense and logic isn't gonna work.

Because you guys are that way.

stereopathic
17-08-09, 21:30
just shut this thread down. it's done.

Rivendell
17-08-09, 21:30
just shut this thread down. it's done.

It so is.
Oh, and Alex - I'd strongly advise against that thread you're thinking up.