PDA

View Full Version : Pre Recorded Cutscenes from Next Gen

Phlip
17-08-09, 19:24
How would you PS2, Xbox and last gen PC players have liked it if all cutscenes where pre recorded from the next gen PC and Xbox 360?
The only downside would be outfits being different if you chose one other than the default one selected.

Providing Lara's next gen face wasn't horrifically scary. ;)

I think it would have worked quite well. :)

McGloomy
17-08-09, 19:53
Nowadays it's possible to have convincing cinematic in-game cutscenes, even on platforms like Wii or PS2. I like it that way, it feels a lot more immersive and like a part of the game. Without the change in graphics and style you still feel a lot more like playing the game instead of watching a movie.

VictorXD
21-08-09, 12:58
Not ALL cutseces, but cutscenes like the final one, you know, that are really important to the story.;)

michaeldt
21-08-09, 13:00
yeah I guess, but I suppose they could cut down on all the outfits and put multiple cutscenes for each outfit :)

Phlip
21-08-09, 13:10
yeah I guess, but I suppose they could cut down on all the outfits and put multiple cutscenes for each outfit :)

That would be too much. Plus they'd need to double that for those with hearing difficulties who need subtitles.

michaeldt
21-08-09, 13:13
That would be too much. Plus they'd need to double that for those with hearing difficulties who need subtitles.

you don't need pre-recorded cutscenes to have pre-recorded subtitles with them :)
The game can actually show them while the video is playing.

matrix54
21-08-09, 14:49
well i think peru does have 1 pre recored cutscene (on ps2) when you get to the tomb, but that might be a bug on my part :p she wears the legend outfit and everything.

VictorXD
21-08-09, 15:08
Oh yeah, I remember that:eek: Its so odd, she is not with pistols and everything too.

Phlip
21-08-09, 16:00
well i think peru does have 1 pre recored cutscene (on ps2) when you get to the tomb, but that might be a bug on my part :p she wears the legend outfit and everything.

Yeah but I think that's because they had to apply and transition effect between now and the flashback. I think they didn't do that in Next Gen which resulted in being able to see Young Lara before the transition happened, and while Mature Lara was still in the shot.

Tony9595
21-08-09, 16:30
Yeah but I think that's because they had to apply and transition effect between now and the flashback. I think they didn't do that in Next Gen which resulted in being able to see Young Lara before the transition happened, and while Mature Lara was still in the shot.

But I'm playing without Next Gen graphics and I can still watch young lara crouched on the floor :vlol:

michaeldt
22-08-09, 06:51

huh? never happened to me?