PDA

View Full Version : "The Secret"

Heckler
17-08-09, 20:40
Hi there everybody....came across this book about 2 months ago.....

Really changed my life....
*Personal stuff though

Anyone have a similar experience with it?....cause ive seen alot of critisism and and badmouthing in this genre...

Legend of Lara
17-08-09, 20:41
What is it about? What's "The Secret"? :p

Heckler
17-08-09, 20:42
What is it about? What's "The Secret"? :p

Its a book about the law of attraction...

CLICKY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book))

Catracoth
17-08-09, 20:52
I've seen it in the local bookstore and remember the hype about it when it was coming out. I'll have to get it sometime.

Heckler
17-08-09, 20:56
I've seen it in the local bookstore and remember the hype about it when it was coming out. I'll have to get it sometime.

You wont regret it....it really is something....:D

takamotosan
17-08-09, 22:00
Power of Suggestion is powerful ;)

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 22:03
Oh My, what is the secret? :cln:

Heckler
17-08-09, 22:05
Power of Suggestion is powerful ;)

So is lack of faith in anything...

ShadyCroft
17-08-09, 22:06
Its by Rohanda woman right ? Came across it too and started reading it, but I got frustrated with the whole "We'll soon reveal to you the secret, a secret that will bla bla bla"

might check it again then. :)

EmeraldFields
17-08-09, 22:10
Oh My, what is the secret? :cln:

The Secret is a book that presents what is claimed to be a centuries-old technique of the Law of Attraction, which in essence is the power of an individual's positive thinking to change and influence outcomes in their lives. The book claims that by using the "Laws of Attraction", an individual can become wealthier, healthier, and happier. The "Laws of Attraction" are the "secret" that the title of the book suggests to the reader. The book claims that the secrets outlined in the book have been known by famous and influential people for centuries, but that they have conspired to keep these secrets hidden from the general public for their own benefit.
The Secret is described as a New Age spiritual self-help book, with the basis of the claims of the "Laws of Attraction" originate through understanding the cosmos and how an individual can influence it for their own personal gain and benefit.

From Wikipedia.:p

Chocola teapot
17-08-09, 22:10
From Wikipedia.:p

Danke! :D

takamotosan
17-08-09, 22:16
So is lack of faith in anything...

Whatever gets you through the day

da tomb raider!
17-08-09, 22:18
It doesn't sound that interesting and besides, even if I was interested in it, I can't read.

Heckler
17-08-09, 22:24
Whatever gets you through the day

I guess...
I dont quite see it as a religion though...
Its very therapeutical if you have multiple stressful jobs such as myself.
Besides that... Ive had success with it...

At first I thought it was some bored housewife influencial thing written by a Martha Stewart wannabe....Until i tested it...

takamotosan
17-08-09, 22:30
I guess...
I dont quite see it as a religion though...
Its very therapeutical if you have multiple stressful jobs such as myself.
Besides that... Ive had success with it...

At first I thought it was some bored housewife influencial thing written by a Martha Stewart wannabe....Until i tested it...

Being positive and personable makes more opportunities arise.

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-08-09, 22:32
I don't see it as a religion either. For me, it was pretty inspiring. An attitude tweaker, if you will, and I'm all for that. I never read it in its entirety, but I briefly skimmed it one day sitting in the bookstore. I also watched the movie which changed my outlook on things a lot.

I want to go pick up the book and read the entire thing, I just haven't gotten around to it. It's pretty powerful stuff.

Heckler
17-08-09, 22:40
Being positive and personable makes more opportunities arise.

I know...and it took a book to make me sit back, take a break from all the speeding through what im doing and actually realise it...
That is the 'magical' aspect of it.

takamotosan
17-08-09, 22:41
I know...and it took a book to make me sit back, take a break from all the speeding through what im doing and actually realise it...
That is the 'magical' aspect of it.

And this is why it seems to work so well ;)

Croft, Lara
17-08-09, 23:14
I thought you where talking about this when I saw the thread:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTeoe4Yk_z8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTeoe4Yk_z8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Heckler
17-08-09, 23:16

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTeoe4Yk_z8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTeoe4Yk_z8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:vlol:

takamotosan
17-08-09, 23:18

[/youtube]

So did I :p