PDA

View Full Version : Title Menu Problems

raiderjw
18-08-09, 18:27
Hi all! i am making a new title screen for my new game but for some reason, the text and the logo suddenly flips transparent in certain angles? one second its there clear as rain, then it suddenly disappears and u have a transparent outline of where it should be ?

Also, can someone remind me what part in the OCB makes a flyby sequence reapeat over and over again without stopping ?

HURLEYstickmen
18-08-09, 19:34
For the "Loop for Infinity", use button labelled [2]

raiderjw
19-08-09, 11:06
ive nailed it down to the horizon, when the text or legend overlaps where the text is, the text goes transparent showing the outline of the text, anyone know why ?

Tomb_Builder
19-08-09, 11:19
Yes it's a quite well known bug with the game engine and prevents the use of a horizon in the title level. :)

snork
19-08-09, 12:07
Or you just live with it. I don't find it that bad.

E.g. the "Lion Sleeps Tonight" title - I love it, and it needed the horizon.

ggctuk
19-08-09, 21:01
Yes it's a quite well known bug with the game engine and prevents the use of a horizon in the title level. :)

I've isolated the problem. It is NOT the horizon itself, but the actual sky (Layer1 entry in the script). I solved this problem in TRUB remake by simply removing the "Layer1" line from the script, but bear in mind this only works with "complete-mesh" horizons.

raiderjw
20-08-09, 10:40
I've isolated the problem. It is NOT the horizon itself, but the actual sky (Layer1 entry in the script). I solved this problem in TRUB remake by simply removing the "Layer1" line from the script, but bear in mind this only works with "complete-mesh" horizons.

That was an idea i had but i didnt know what would happen if i removed the layer1 entry....
The horizon im using is a 3d mesh horizon :p

ggctuk
20-08-09, 13:47
Here's a screen of my title, no flickering (because it has no Layer1, this glitch was fixed in TRC)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/ggctuk/Tomb0000-5.jpg

By 3D Horizon, I meant that there is no hole in the horizon mesh at the top.

raiderjw
20-08-09, 15:33
Here's a screen of my title, no flickering (because it has no Layer1, this glitch was fixed in TRC)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/ggctuk/Tomb0000-5.jpg

By 3D Horizon, I meant that there is no hole in the horizon mesh at the top.

Oh i see i get you and removing layer1 has fixed the problem! :D
although now my skygraphics has disappeared :/ but i will look into getting myself a full mesh horizon too. There any good ones on trsearch? or are they fairly simple to make ?

raiderjw
20-08-09, 21:22
Ok so now im having a new problem. The title sequence is running all hunky dory. I select New game, then a level. But, once i return to the title screen from the level, the camera sequence wont play and it sits pointing behind Lara? i dont understand, it works fine first time through but but doesnt when u reload it?