PDA

View Full Version : Egypt & Beyond - The Complete Adventure

QRS
19-08-09, 00:42
..Is out. Or has been out for a couple of days hehe. If anyone is interested it can be downloaded here:

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2025

Don't forget to read the readme file!! A walkthrough can be find in the package. Unzip everything to a folder and click and play.

Hope you like it!

thecentaur
19-08-09, 00:44
I'm already on the obelisk level and I have to say it's a really good game so far :tmb: the only thing I don't like is that the hi res textures in such a massive environment runs slow :o but that's just a processor problem. Nonetheless, great game :D

stranger1992
19-08-09, 01:00
"If anyone's interested?"

Any player looking for a decent adventure would be!! Downloading (tommorow its late :D)

Thorir
19-08-09, 03:12
I've downloaded it. :)
But something tells me it will take me a while to finish it... :D

KurtisandLara
19-08-09, 03:17
Downloading now :)

QRS
19-08-09, 03:17
Yes the HQ textures will be a pain for poor machines. Anything over p4 1.5 ghz and 512 ram should be ok though.

And yes it takes time to finish it! My best times are about 8 hour for the short run and 13 hours for the long run. Inluding all secrets and pickups etc. So expect a 20h+ for all 17 level ;)

Raymond
19-08-09, 05:23
But itīs worth every second of the 20h+! A must play!:tmb:

scremanie
19-08-09, 05:44
I'm nearly capped, but I am still gonna download! :D

I wanna play!! :D

snork
19-08-09, 10:12
And turn OFF Volumetric Fx.

And I am calculating maybe 60h (net) play time for me. :jmp:

QRS
19-08-09, 11:41
I forgot to mention that if your name is Raymond you can beat it in about 15-17 hours lol. Damn, you are fast, Karsten ;)

Soul
19-08-09, 15:50
I'm just runnign through the Hall of Fame. This levelset is really awesome and extremely complex. I might have to use the walkthrough for the first time very soon. :jmp:

TR FAN 18
19-08-09, 16:05
Yes, the Hall of Fame was just really fantastic. I enjoyed raiding through parts of other great levels.

Right now, I'm at the Lair of the Serpents. I've been playing for over 11 hours. :D

QRS
19-08-09, 18:15
At the serpents level already? Then you "only" have 6 levels left (inlcuding the 3rd bonus level)

Glad you like it!

Btw, did anyone encounter any problems with the bull at the obelisk level in the old levels? Trying to locate a nasty bug that Nadine has which I thought I had fixed from the odl E&B :(

TR FAN 18
19-08-09, 18:32
I didn't come across any bug with the Bull. It was working fine for me.

Now I'm at Bonus Level 3! :D

QRS
19-08-09, 18:52
This one is really hard and confusing! But you can chicken out in a few spots if it gets too hard hehe.

Soul
19-08-09, 20:22
Damn. You're fast, TRFan.
I just got my 6th eye of serpent :D

I just had a tiny bug in the Tinnos level. The raisingblock in the room you get by crossing the long bridge didn't have any collision, but it seems to be a problem with the NGLE :)

So far your game is really excellent. I love the atmosphere you created :jmp:

Minimus
19-08-09, 20:38
Looks good, downloading now :)

QRS
19-08-09, 20:43
I just had a tiny bug in the Tinnos level. The raisingblock in the room you get by crossing the long bridge didn't have any collision, but it seems to be a problem with the NGLE :)

Do you mean the Tinnos Temple level (old levels) Or the Tinnos Tower (new levels)? Not sure exactly what block you mean! Do you have a pic or a save game so i can check? Any bug, small or big is of interest!

TR FAN 18
19-08-09, 20:45
Woah, this level sure is HARD! I have not chickened out. I'm going through the WHOLE level! :D
Also, I got a secret on the way. 46/63 found.

Soul
19-08-09, 20:51
Do you mean the Tinnos Temple level (old levels) Or the Tinnos Tower (new levels)? Not sure exactly what block you mean! Do you have a pic or a save game so i can check? Any bug, small or big is of interest!

No sorry, no savegame. It's in the old Tinnos level. You get a great view of this bridge at the cutscene after having one of the cog-objects complete. (after placing 3 cogs).
It's this room:
You are now back in the timed-hatch room (but don't stress, you will not be doing that timed sequence again). Head through the south gate (which you opened with the skeleton lever up on the balcony a moment ago), then run over the bridge and enter the room at the end. Climb down into the room and prepare for another naughty timed-sequence.

The Timed-Hatch & Slope Room

Ok, so here we are facing another dilemma. The bad news is that you have some more timed-hatches to raise in order to reach the Cog pick-up at the top of the room. The good news is that you can save between the task and not all parts are timed.

Start by noting the wall-lever on the east wall (SE corner of the room), the light coloured-tile in the NW corner of the room and the hatch between the two sloped ledges. The lever will temporarily raise a block where the lighter-coloured-tile is and also raise the hatch. This is the first part of the timed sequence, and then you can save your game after this part.

Use the wall-lever on the east wall to temporarily raise the block and hatch, then head to the NW corner of the room and jump onto the block. Quickly roll and run-jump to the raised hatch, then immediately run-jump into the alcove to the SE. Save your game!

After many savings and reloadings the raisingblock had no collision and Lara could just walk through. But after reloading an other savegame I never had this bug again.

TR FAN 18
19-08-09, 21:09
PHEW! Finished Bonus Level 3. What a raid that was! It started off easy and then it just got insane! Very challenging and fun level. :yah:

QRS
19-08-09, 21:59
Soul: Very interesting. Never seen that myself! Glad you did not get stuck and had another save! Must check this.

TRFAN18: Wow! Well, now there rest should be a walk in the park for you hehe. Well maybe not a walk in the park but not more difficult hehe.

Shauni
19-08-09, 22:56
Wow this looks great! :D *Downloading*

Double Mac
20-08-09, 10:25
Btw, did anyone encounter any problems with the bull at the obelisk level in the old levels? Trying to locate a nasty bug that Nadine has which I thought I had fixed from the odl E&B :(

The bull was satisfyingly cooperative. I did, however, encounter a bug involving the 'hammergod' in the wraiths level - the SOB just refused to explode after I had used the final (gold) key. Then again, it's probably related to the insane frequency of my saving routine. Needless to say, resorting to a previous save solved the problem.

QRS
20-08-09, 13:19
wow! Never encountered that! Good that you save in different slots and often. I save a lot myself but that has never happend. I wonder what can cause a thing like that hmmm.

TR FAN 18
20-08-09, 13:37
I found a bug in the Runaway Train level. There's a crate you have to shoot where the YRP enemies come out but if you're NOT standing next to the crate when you shoot it then the enemies don't appear.
So, I reloaded a previous save and stood next to the crate, shot it and the enemies DID appear.
Good thing I save in a 2nd slot as well.

Soul
20-08-09, 13:43
When you are playing a key you musn't save, because it can happen, that the game doesn't recognise the key.

QRS: You are the MASTER of huge areas. I'm no in the Lair of Serpent and can't stop playing the game.
I loved the block puzzle in the wraith level even though it was kind of weird in my game, as I didn't see the special textures the first time and mnoved the blocks quite randomly through the area.
As a result of this some blocks were already on the right place and triggered the door. When I realised how the puzzle works I pushed the blocks back to the right places which made the triggers to be reactivated and so on. Was very weird, but as I know the game engine I knew how to fix the problem:
I pushed the block off the trigger tile and put it back afterwards so that the trigger got rereactivated. :o

After finishing the game I'll replay it with Val's great walkthrough and try to find every secret and don't use any medipack. :jmp:

@TRFAN: That's as well a known bug in the TR-games. If you shoot a shatterable object from a special angle it sometimes just disappears instead of breaking into many tiles. If this happens the heavytrigger or any other trigger underneath the object isn't activated.

KIKO
20-08-09, 14:10
I'm stuck in the first old level, at the pyramid :p
I've pulled a lever in a tunnel, I've also found secrets in a blue tunnel and I've triggered a cutscene that shows a door opening. The problem is the way to there is closed. Any hint please ? :)

QRS
20-08-09, 14:17
KIKO: Search the ledges on the same level as the pyramid. There is a switch there to open the door to the inside of the pyramid.

Soul: Thanks for your kind words! Yes, getting all the 63 secrets is not so easy the first time without a walkie hehe. I'm glad you like it! Also, thanks for the info about the shatter etc. It has never happened to me, so I'm taking notes here!

thecentaur
20-08-09, 14:28
wow! Never encountered that! Good that you save in different slots and often. I save a lot myself but that has never happend. I wonder what can cause a thing like that hmmm.

hehe I'm on the obelisk level and I'm like up to my 320th save :P

Seth94
20-08-09, 14:49
I'm on the second level atm. Good so far. :D

Double Mac
20-08-09, 16:48
hehe I'm on the obelisk level and I'm like up to my 320th save :P

The Tinnos Tower (chilling out over the icy floor after the introductory, hmm, encouragement section - Jedimaster has a lot to answer for, I guess), savegame # 1892. Gameplay time: 25:10:13. Yep, that's over 25 hours, folks.

Two things I have to admit, QRS:

1. The texturing & lighting is top-notch throughout (except for some 'tribute' areas which might have been approached with less, uhm, reverence).
2. The level layouts have been consistently logical, and the concept of revisiting certain areas (such as the serpents' lair shaft getting gradually flooded) expertly handled.

QRS
20-08-09, 17:20
Very kind of you, DB! 25 hours! Wow! I'm glad you are not bored yet! :)

1) Yes I have tried my very best to make the textures HQ and looks as good as I can. I also tried to "rewamp" the textures in the HOF levels and I succeded in some parts. But it was hard to find similar HQ textures without going away from the original levels..So I decided to make it exactly as it was in th original in some of them (catacomb settings, Max's and Hokolo's level) If I had had HQ textures for them I would have used them!

2) Thanks! I got the idea from playing one of TC's levels. He has such good ideas for cool puzzles and things that happens etc. Of course It was just the basic idea of the gradual flooding I borrowed and implemented into my own level.

Mytly
20-08-09, 19:55
I downloaded this on the day of release ... ran about a bit, admiring the scenery ... then put it away for a few days, because I was finishing off another super-long adventure (Reign of Chaos). Completed that yesterday night, so now I'm raring to have a go at E&B. :D It will probably take me a long time to finish though (I spent 3 months on Reign of Chaos :o).

QRS
20-08-09, 20:19
Ahh Reign of Chaos was a fantastic adventure! :)

Mytly
20-08-09, 20:34
It's brilliant, isn't it? Too bad the full version isn't available any more. Luckily I downloaded just before Horus requested that her levels be removed from the game - what a shame, since her levels are the highlight of the game. :(

QRS
20-08-09, 20:43
Yes I know...I still have it in my collection though :)

Soul
20-08-09, 20:46
:jmp: I HAVE THE JEDIMASTER CERTIFICATE :jmp:

Very nice third bonus level, though some timeruns yould have been a little bit harder. :ton:
Really great adventure so far. I haven't seen any stretched texture or bad lightening yet and it's just so funny :)
Ohh and speaking of saving every second: I already saved 3846 times :D

According to the statistic screen I'm saving every 3,5 metre :tea:

I'm now in the train level. let's see if beautiful lara dies the same way as she does in TR4 --> Yup, exactly the same way. She keeps rolling, rolling, rolling...GREAT

I never played Nadine's Reign of Chaos levels. Somehow I thought I won't be able to get through it. But now as I finished CIL I might try it. Thank god the game is still in my TRLE - folder

Mytly
20-08-09, 20:49
I never played Nadine's Reign of Chaos levels. Somehow I thought I won't be able to get through it. But now as I finished CIL I might try it. Thank god the game is still in my TRLE - folder
They are super-tough, but totally worth the effort. :D

QRS
20-08-09, 21:40
Congrats, Soul!! Now the rest will be a walk in the park ;)

TR FAN 18
21-08-09, 09:59
YAY! I finished the game! 17.5 hours played and 55/63 secrets found.
This is not only the best game of 2009 but also one of the best games I have EVER played of all time. This will surely be in the Hall of Fame in the next few years.

How would I rate this? 10? No, too low for a game like this. 20/10!!

I wonder what happened to Lara at the end.

BTW, I posted my stats over on TRLE.net forums

QRS
21-08-09, 11:40
Very kind of you, TRFAN! Also I think you are the first one finishing it (beside me and the testers)

Thanks for playing and I'm really glad you liked it!

EDIT: I just saw it on trle.net too! Wow, 17 hours is a really good time! Thanks once again for your kind words and if you have some sparetime, please send in a review to trle.net. Thanks!!

Btw, did the credits roll as they should? No bugs or problems? Was a bit worried as it seems to differ from pc to pc. (As I state in the readme)

TR FAN 18
21-08-09, 13:32
No problem! :)

The credits worked fine. No errors there.
I'd post a review on TRLE.net but I haven't got an account there yet.

QRS
21-08-09, 13:51
Ah ok. No problem. Then it might be too much work just for one review ;) I'm more than happy that you enjoyed it! (But If you are planning of making other reviews in the future, just talk with Michael about it and he will add you as a reviewer.)

Also, thanks for the confirmation about no bugs etc.!!

Spikey
21-08-09, 13:53
Just finished the first level (Sacred Birds) - this is certainly gonna take a while. :p

There were a few areas and other things I wasn't so keen on, but so far it's been quite good overall (and I managed to finish with quite a respectable number of secrets, given my usual habit of finding next to none).

Soul
21-08-09, 13:57
I just finished this masterpiece and enjoyed every econd of it. :jmp:
I'll replay it soon with the help of Moonpooka's detailed walkthrough and try not to use a single medipack.
As there were loads of in the game I used many of them in my first playthrough.
I might start writing reviews as well and then I'll definately review your level. :D
http://www.abload.de/thumb/unbenanntogir.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=unbenanntogir.jpg)

QRS
21-08-09, 14:20
Thanks, Soul! I really apprecite it! After 3.5 years of building it is great to get good comments! :)

Spikey: Yes it is a very frustrating and sometimes confusing adventure. Especially the first E&B levels. Not for everyone! And not if you are in for a quick and nice raid ala tr1 :) Glad you like some part of it though!

TR FAN 18
21-08-09, 14:49
I had 2 Small Medipacks and 120 Large Medipacks at the end! :vlol:

Where does Lara put all that stuff? Does she have some kind of bottomless backpack? :p

QRS
21-08-09, 15:59
Haha! Maybe she "zips" them for more space? ;) And yes you will get a lot of medipaks. Especially if you play all levels and go for the secrets. It will be a bit harder if you play the new levels only and ignore the secrets but after the train level you still got a lot of them :)

TR FAN 18
23-08-09, 09:11
WOAH! There's a review on TRLE.net now and it's LOOOOOOOOOOONG! :yik:
It's like there's a massive block of text on my screen. If only paragraphs were supported.

Soul
23-08-09, 09:40
It's not just long, it's also one of the best and most interesting reviews I ever read.

snork
23-08-09, 12:44
paragrafs in trle.net reviews are (were?) supported.

But you need to type the html tags yourself : <i>, <u>, <b>, <br>, even
<ul>
<li>something</li>
<li>something else</li>
<li>one more thing</li>
</ul>

should work.

Mytly
23-08-09, 13:44
How can people possible have finished this already? Do they play 24 hours a day?! :p I started day before yesterday, and just finished the first level today (in-game time: nearly two hours!).

I Need A Map
23-08-09, 14:07
Woop woop! I am downloading now...:jmp:

MMAN
23-08-09, 18:53
I re-purposed some old webspace I had to post my review in a more digestible format, although I'll need to change it up a bit if I do any more big reviews: http://mmanreviews.bravehost.com/index.html

I Need A Map
23-08-09, 19:37
Lovin the game so far :D but as I am a console gamer and not a pc gamer is there any options to get this to work with a pc joy pad controller?

Mytly
23-08-09, 21:24
I re-purposed some old webspace I had to post my review in a more digestible format, although I'll need to change it up a bit if I do any more big reviews: http://mmanreviews.bravehost.com/index.html
Great review, MMAN. :tmb: Though I probably shouldn't have read it before completing the game - lots of spoilers! Still, it's great to know that there are some truly amazing levels coming up. :)

Lovin the game so far :D but as I am a console gamer and not a pc gamer is there any options to get this to work with a pc joy pad controller?
It should be possible - I have heard of people playing the Classics with a joy pad, and TRLE based custom levels would obviously have the same configuration. If you want more specifics, I suggest you ask in Tech Support. :)

KurtisandLara
23-08-09, 21:50
Its possible i just dont know how it works sorry :o

MMAN
23-08-09, 21:53
Search for joy2key, it gets around technical limitations by letting you bind joypad commands directly to keyboard keys.

QRS
23-08-09, 22:36
Yes joy2key is perfect for all kinds of games. I think "Xpadder" is better though. The older versions are free but the latest are shareware.

But for the custom levels (and tr2,3,5) I use a psx pad and a usb converter. The psx pad is IMO far superior to any other pad. It is also perfect for player like me who started playing tombraider games on the psx. You get the exact same buttons etc.

For tr1 it is not possible to use the usb converter so joy2key or xpadder whould work there (with the pad you like)

I Need A Map
24-08-09, 11:17
^^^ Thanks for the advice...I will go search for joy2key or Xpadder... which ever one comes up first!:D

Librarian
25-08-09, 11:07
Hm, I sense E&B is going to keep me very busy and very happy for a really loooong time :D

Double Mac
30-08-09, 06:42
QRS, are you interested in, uhm, negative opinions / remarks? The reason I'm asking is because I have no intention of discouraging anyone from playing your admirably professional adventure - I do, however, have some (arguably subjective) reservations I might want to share.

Don't get me wrong though - the game still deserves a solid 9/10 in my eyes.

-Roli-
30-08-09, 09:21
Oh God, finally! :jmp::jmp:

Thank you for this levelset QRS,but i think its impossible to make it without walkie. :)

http://i31.************/11cb3pj.jpg

scremanie
30-08-09, 09:34
I downloaded this the other day :D

It awesome, and strange at the same time.. I love it :D

QRS
30-08-09, 18:48
Thanks to both of you :):)

Pretty fast time btw! Or is it the shorter run new levels only run?

-Roli-
30-08-09, 19:13
Thanks to both of you :):)

Pretty fast time btw! Or is it the shorter run new levels only run?

No, its both old and new levels :D
I played it every day from the release :D

QRS
30-08-09, 20:28
Wow! Then I'm impressed! :) Thanks for playing! Don't forget to review ;)