PDA

View Full Version : Who here believes in True Love?

Lara's Fan
20-08-09, 02:10
I'm in a romantic mood this week, so i was just curious to know.

VictorXD
20-08-09, 02:15
I love my BF and I know it, muahahaaha!!HE'S MINE!!!:p No, seriously, I believe in true, love, I mean, love is awesome:cool:

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-08-09, 02:19
I definitely believe in true love. :) Do I believe in flawless and perfect love? No. But I believe in true love.

Every relationship goes through hard times, with a bit of arguing and disagreements from time to time, but all in all, if the true love is there, it's a very strong bond. <3

ajrich17901
20-08-09, 02:20
I dont believe in true love , these days hardly anyone stays together >.<

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-08-09, 02:20
I dont think true love exists, these days hardly anyone stays together >.<

I think most of that problem is lack of responsibility, rather than lack of love.

Quitting when times get tough, mainly. People are becoming more wimpier and irresponsible by the minute.

NemesisX13X
20-08-09, 02:21
Did True Love exist before? Yes.
Does it now? No.

:wve:

Angelus
20-08-09, 02:22
Does it now? No.

That doesn't even make any sense.

dream raider
20-08-09, 02:22
I do!

takamotosan
20-08-09, 02:25
mmm... NO.
I think the entire concept of romantic love is dead.

]{eith
20-08-09, 02:25
What is true love?

Psychos'Я'Us
20-08-09, 02:26
Nope. I don't really believe in love either just in lust combined with hormones.

TRhalloween
20-08-09, 02:26
It's an emotion inside your brain.

Lara's Nemesis
20-08-09, 02:28
{eith;3948495']What is true love?

Tough call, maybe it is when you find another's faults enchanting rather than annoying.:confused:

Quasimodo
20-08-09, 02:29

Single much? :rolleyes:

:tea:
Yeah, I believe in true love.

]{eith
20-08-09, 02:30
Nope. I don't really believe in love either just in lust combined with hormones.

Good to know. :mis:

Well yeah, but what makes it different from just love? Is it the love one would feel for a person they feel they're destined to spend the rest of their days with? I just don't understand what people mean exactly when they say true love. If it's a case of destiny then that's far too fatalistic for me.

Tough call, maybe it is when you find another's faults enchanting rather than annoying.:confused:

Hell will freeze over before I choose to hug someone who snores rather than kick them out of bed. :p

Lara's Nemesis
20-08-09, 02:35
:vlol:

maniakatosheto
20-08-09, 02:37
I believe in true love but never felt it ..

TRhalloween
20-08-09, 02:37
Single much? :rolleyes:

:tea:
Yeah, I believe in true love.

:(

No one likes to be alone.

TombRaiderLover
20-08-09, 02:38
I believe in pure . . . sex.

Carbonek_0051
20-08-09, 02:40
I believe in pure . . . sex.

:mis:

Anyways, yes I believe in true love. But I also believe true love cannot be defined, because in the end we all have our own versions of what true love is.

CerebralAssassin
20-08-09, 02:42
nope."true love" is just an emotion to ensure the continuation of the species.anyone's disposable.

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-08-09, 02:43

No one likes to be alone.

Well you have to learn to love if you want to be loved, hun. :hug:

Atlantean-Squid
20-08-09, 02:43
Does it now? No.

I suppose I do.

takamotosan
20-08-09, 02:44
****in's where it's at, y'all :cool:

Mokono
20-08-09, 02:44
I do.

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-08-09, 02:45
I'm surprised at how many people don't believe in true love. :p

I've been in love before, so I can certainly attest to its existence. :)

TRhalloween
20-08-09, 02:47
Well you have to learn to love if you want to be loved, hun. :hug:

:hug: Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a real emotion, I just don't think it's some magical force :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-08-09, 02:50
:hug: Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a real emotion, I just don't think it's some magical force :p

lol well I guess I see what you mean.

I personally believe that true love is both a mental emotion and a spiritual one as well, but if you don't believe in spirits, then of course it would just be the mental aspect. :p

Atlantean-Squid
20-08-09, 02:55
I'm surprised at how many people don't believe in true love. :p

I've been in love before, so I can certainly attest to its existence. :)

I'm surprised at how many people do. I thought this thread would be filled with smartass "No. :wve:"-type answers.

Rachel Croft
20-08-09, 02:56
Yes, definetly, but it's not something that just comes along, it takes time.
When you have to work really hard in a relationship, then you know it won't work, because it shouldn't be a hard task for two people to love each other. Its should come naturally. :)

Nor do I believe that's, "It's an emotion in your brain."....it's something spiritual. That's society these days, everyone believing all the physchiatric bull**** that's pumped into our heads, and in which most of it is not true.

Lara's Fan
20-08-09, 02:58
There was a time when i didnt believe in it and i would just always stay to myself, almost as if i was depressed. I mean i took it hard after the divorce thinking i was doomed to never find that one person, but after some time i did and i dont plan to screw it up.

takamotosan
20-08-09, 03:04
I believe in vodka.

]{eith
20-08-09, 03:05
****in's where it's at, y'all :cool:

I believe in vodka.

I think I understand true love now. :cln:

Rachel Croft
20-08-09, 03:06
There was a time when i didnt believe in it and i would just always stay to myself, almost as if i was depressed. I mean i took it hard after the divorce thinking i was doomed to never find that one person, but after some time i did and i dont plan to screw it up.

Yep, sometimes the first time is not the right time. :( But you'll find that special someone someday. It's all about the timing. :)
Love comes to those who believe that it can be great. Love is many, many things. It can be good, or it can be bad.

thecentaur
20-08-09, 03:07
Erm... I don't really because I haven't experienced it. I probably just went through lust based attraction with a hint of cuteness on top with all my exes. And plus a lot of my friends seem to be hooking up and in relationships so I'm a bit jealous of them. So to this day, I just flat-out give up looking for "true love" because it probably won't get to me. Yeah that's depressing but it's my perception on it all.
I forgot which song but there's a part where it goes "Love is a train: we wait for it even when it's gone"
Though this post will most likely be ignored, it felt good to type this all out.

Indiana Croft
20-08-09, 03:45
I believe it's out there, but I'm not sure everyone gets to experience it

Drone
20-08-09, 04:26
I do believe in true love because I do feel it. As Leslie Nielsen said thank God I am a man and I love the most beauftiful woman in the world :)

Tombraiderx08
20-08-09, 04:28
i do, hehehehehe <3 :D

Bellacima
20-08-09, 04:32
I believe in vodka.

LOL :vlol: as do i my friend. But i do believe in true love.

IceColdLaraCroft
20-08-09, 04:55
Happy Endings are stories that haven't finished yet

TombRaiderFan.
20-08-09, 05:06
I believe in vodka.

LOL, your comment reminded me of a comedian that always jokes around about vodka. :p

Back on topic, I think there is true love, but I don't know how it works :p.
To those who say true love is real, I have a question, do you think that that love has to be for one person only? or you can have true love for more than one? (when I say love, I mean in a romantic way, not as in, "I-love-my-grandma kinda love")

rowanlim
20-08-09, 05:29
I do, he just hasn't found me yet ;)

Legends
20-08-09, 08:22
I believe in true love.

digitizedboy
20-08-09, 08:25
I don't see many people around today that believe in love, it seems more like lust.

and no I don't believe in true love, it's fairy tale stuff.

LaraLuvrrr
20-08-09, 08:25
If True Love exists.... it is extremely rare. So yes I do believe in the capacity of humans to experience true love but I don't think most will ever truly experience it

Ikas90
20-08-09, 12:11
Yes, I do. However, it is hard to come by.

EgyptianSoul
20-08-09, 12:30
I want to believe.

But who knows.

Girl - vamp
20-08-09, 12:40
I do not trust. Even strong attachment can die away. People will not notice, how will start to keep away from each other. Certainly there are also happy steams which love each other all life, but it is not enough of them.

Explorer
20-08-09, 12:47
I believe there is such thing :)

Lee croft
20-08-09, 12:48
Im starting not to belive in it i keep thinking im going to find this wounderful person but im not going to and i know im not because of my personaity is hard to work with (maybe its the looks too but IMO im not that bad minus my cheeks and nose i hate them)

But reality cheacked in and life isnt a fairy tale liked i hoped for and i cant shild myself from the bad stuff no matter how hard i try

Alex Shepherd
20-08-09, 12:52
Does it now? No.

I totally agree with you.

Reggie
20-08-09, 12:55
I don't believe love can really be faked so does that not make love, as rare it is, true when you encounter it?

jackles
20-08-09, 12:56
Yes I do...but it may not be everlasting as life can come up and bite us hard.....;)

TTV
20-08-09, 13:02
Yeah, I believe in it.

KIKO
20-08-09, 13:03
I do :D

Raider1969
20-08-09, 13:10
Yep I Do.

Lemmie
20-08-09, 13:33
I'd like to believe in it, I hope it still exists. But I haven't been in love yet, so I'm not sure.

Dennis's Mom
20-08-09, 13:58
Happy Endings are stories that haven't finished yet

There are no happy endings because there are no endings. ;)

I absolutely believe in true love. Love is easy.

Relationships are hard though. Love doesn't mean you don't have to work for a relationship, however "working" for a relationship shouldn't be painful. If it feels wrong, it probably is.

Kerrigan
20-08-09, 14:19
Yes, I do. But true love doesn't equal happy endings or perfect relationships. Relationships seem insanely complicated to me, even people you think you know better than you know yourself can be unpredictable.I don't know why, but relationships tend not to work even when feelings are genuine.

takamotosan
20-08-09, 18:49
LOL, your comment reminded me of a comedian that always jokes around about vodka. :p

Well, it is reliable...
more than any guy has been to me...
;)

Lemmie
20-08-09, 18:50
Well, it is reliable...
more than any guy has been to me...
;)

That sucks.

Although it's true that vodka is a very reliable friend in a crisis.

Kelly Craftman
20-08-09, 18:51
a couple of days ago would have said yes, but now i don't believe its love at first sight i think its Fate.

coolezpunk
20-08-09, 18:56
Yes, I do believe in true love. :)

eHarmony. :p
I joke.

Drone
20-08-09, 18:59
a couple of days ago would have said yes, but now i don't believe its love at first sight i think its Fate.

Love and fate? Sounds good.

Kelly Craftman
20-08-09, 19:08
Love and fate? Sounds good.

am i wrong? :confused: can't fate bring love?

Drone
20-08-09, 19:09
am i wrong? :confused: can't fate bring love?

yes it can and love can change fate too.

Lemmie
20-08-09, 19:09
^ So poetic, you two! :D

Kelly Craftman
20-08-09, 19:12
yes it can and love can change fate too.

hmm good point! :)

~Lemmie :vlol:

Larapink
20-08-09, 19:24
Sometimes I feel like a true old romantic at heart and I do believe there is such a thing as true love. :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
20-08-09, 19:32
Yes.

Drone
20-08-09, 19:38
yeah we are the people, we let this whole thing go :) There are times to be tough but there are times to be romantic aswel

takamotosan
20-08-09, 20:09

That sucks.

Although it's true that vodka is a very reliable friend in a crisis.

Crisis?
More like every day :pi:
Oh, the joys of being single.

Lemmie
20-08-09, 20:19
Crisis?
More like every day :pi:
Oh, the joys of being single.

Well I agree it should not just be relegated to the catastrophies of life. :p

young Lara Croft
20-08-09, 20:30
I believe in true love but that doesn't have to exist only in the female brain , it has to exist in a man's mind too !
maybe we dream of harmonious things too much!
anyway depression is everywhere and it hurts like hell!

Bumio
20-08-09, 20:32
not me :wve:

love is a lie. just like cake.

tampi
20-08-09, 20:53
I do.
But it is a fleeting feeling, like everything in this world.
That is also why I believe in the God. The need to think in something eternal.:mis::whi::D

FourBalls
20-08-09, 21:20
I think I do actually. It just hasn't hit me yet :p

TombRaiderCool
20-08-09, 21:27
Yes I do believe in true love. Like Nate already said, I also believe it cannot be universally defined, for me true love also connects to everlasting love. So, yes I believe it can happen, just it is very rare.

Your_Envy*
20-08-09, 21:29
not me :wve:

love is a lie. just like cake.

A cake is a lie? :yik:

You just broke my heart. :(

:vlol:

I do believe, I just wish it will hit me once. :)

Eleana
20-08-09, 21:30
I did, until about 3 weeks ago.

The truest love I believe is the love you have for your family and very close friends. But romantic love with a life partner? Its completely conditional and hardly "true" at all.

Biddy
20-08-09, 21:33
The overused phrase just makes me retch from it's cheeeesiness. :D

But can I say that I believe in it? Eh.

da tomb raider!
20-08-09, 22:26
I dont believe in true love , these days hardly anyone stays together >.<

Yep. Sad, but all too true.

I think most of that problem is lack of responsibility, rather than lack of love.

Quitting when times get tough, mainly. People are becoming more wimpier and irresponsible by the minute.

I agree. It seems to me that it's a question of responsibility, not love. Too many people quit too quickly. If they didn't, I imagine that most of them would almost certainly stick together and perhaps true love would become more evident.

Shauni
20-08-09, 22:28
I definitely believe in true love. :) Do I believe in flawless and perfect love? No. But I believe in true love.

Every relationship goes through hard times, with a bit of arguing and disagreements from time to time, but all in all, if the true love is there, it's a very strong bond. <3
I agree with this :tmb:

Encore
20-08-09, 22:48
I don't believe I'll ever experience it, that's for sure. It all looks like a bunch of crap to me anyway.

CroftScionGuard
20-08-09, 23:22
Of course I believe in true love. And to have true love you have to believe in it

Lara's Fan
21-08-09, 01:35
I believe in true love as my sig empiles.:D

Catracoth
21-08-09, 01:38
I believe in it, just not for myself.

Lee croft
21-08-09, 01:39
Of course i do... and i just wanna say thank you batman if there was no batman the there would be no joker and i would have never of met my pudding..oh wait...

:p sorry that was random..but to be honest some times i do sometimes i dont

Indiana Croft
21-08-09, 03:23
I believe in true love, but it seems the great tragedy and truth of love that you never get to be with your true love.

Dia2blo
21-08-09, 04:14
I'm starting to really loose faith.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 05:05
I don't believe I'll ever experience it, that's for sure. It all looks like a bunch of crap to me anyway.

You might be surprised when you run into Mr. Charming. ;)

You're a gorgeous girl with a great personality. So unless you just want to be alone, I don't see any reason why you would be. :)

takamotosan
21-08-09, 05:22
Isn't love basically temporary insanity?
I don't want any part of that.

Johnnay
21-08-09, 05:25
Isn't love basically temporary insanity?
I don't want any part of that.

yep it is

god i have no confidence and that means i dont have love in me

Changeling
21-08-09, 07:12
I believe in it, but humanity has lost the concept of what it truly is.

Shark_Blade
21-08-09, 08:08
Yes, I do. :)

SGRaider
21-08-09, 08:13
I do, he just hasn't found me yet ;)
Same.

Marianna12
21-08-09, 10:34
I do, but I belive it's hard to find true love...

Another Lara
21-08-09, 12:49
I do, because I have it! :jmp:

Reggie
21-08-09, 12:59
You might be surprised when you run into Mr. Charming. ;)

You're a gorgeous girl with a great personality. So unless you just want to be alone, I don't see any reason why you would be. :)
Melonie's right. :tmb: No one can say for certain whether you'll find the 'right one' but you've got a lot going for you looks/personality wise. :)

jaywalker
21-08-09, 13:15
Definitely believe in it :)

Its a feeling you cannot simply explain but you so much enjoy trying :)

TRfan23
21-08-09, 13:19
If you're corresponding true love like to one person only. Then no as there's loads of guys I love all the same, and want them all...

But in a way yes I do, but it's hard to explain ;) The issue is, love is actually separate from the emotion of happiness, as love can be painful in many ways.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 13:44
I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of mah heart... I believe in a thing called looooooooooooove!

Sorry, that song keeps popping in my head when I read this thread title. :vlol:

CuteKittenlol
21-08-09, 14:05

O.M.G tell me about it! Its more the wimpy thing, but the irresponsibility came in after that. Sad thing is it really, really, REALLY hurts and upsets someone in process (speaking from bloody experience aswell) :) Bad times.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 14:17
Aww, it's ok, hun. :hug:

I've dealt with the same problems before, and it hurts very bad, but it makes us stronger. And you're a gorgeous young woman inside and out! I assure you, you will have no problems finding the man of your dreams. :cool: The only problem you will have is finding someone good enough for you. :p

CuteKittenlol
21-08-09, 15:04
Everything seems to be getting better now, like i'm actually getting interest off people, and i personally feel fine, it doesnt hurt anymore, its more annoying if you know what i mean. Hah, aww, thanks :)

Chocola teapot
21-08-09, 15:08
No such thing. :wve:

adventurerLara
21-08-09, 15:09
I'd like to think so. :)