PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Silent Hill (Who's like to join?)

Alex Shepherd
20-08-09, 11:59
I have made a very interesting story that explain how Lara had been connected to a silent hill, the story only followed by what was going on before Silent Hill.
Summarize story (Its a little long story as I am going to write it for you later)
Lara had been discovered a new artifact called Samael when she went to the Silent Hill for the vacation, as she heard one of the house burn, she went to look at the house as all people surrounded and watching and screaming, she went through the door only to try helping somebody but she find no one unless an artifact called Samael, she took it as the firemen turned off the huge fire, and she went home after 5 days.

And the adventure begins

Introduction about the level is going to be made:
Its a very little like the Silent Hill games.
The level is scary and dark.
Must make new monsters and put old monsters of SH I wouldn't mind even.
The game contains 23 levels, but every level is a little short and some of them are normal and least of them are long.
No need for flares as the level is too dark, there is going to be a new lighthand for Lara.

We must agree about everything before making the game.

Tomb Raider Silent Hill:
As I said it contains 23 levels.
It contains secrets.
It also has a bonus level if all secrets are found ( 5 keys {secrets} )
it also has 5 customes if 5 keys are found
It may not work the last 2, if it doesn't work no problem

Levels:
1- Home (I add this for training skills)
(Its as Silent Hill 1 FMV)
FMV:, in the other city Lara was driving her own morotcycle and someone passed as she turned her motorcycle left and fill down into the Silent Hill, she wake up another day morning and found herself in the Silent Hill ghost town
The adventure begins here:
2- Silent Hill (City 1)
3- Silent Hill (School)
4- Silent Hill (School Alternate)
5- Silent Hill (City 2)
6- Silent hill (House)
6- Silent Hill (House Alternate)
7- Silent Hill (Police Station)
8- Silent Hill (Police Station alternate)
9- Silent Hill (City 3)
10- Silent Hill (Hospital)
11- silent Hill (Hospital Alternate)
12- Silent Hill (The hole)
13- silent Hill (City 4)
14- Silent Hill (House 2)
15- Silent Hill (House 2 alternate)
16- Silent Hill (City 4 alternate)
17- Silent Hill (City 3 Alternate)
18- Silent Hill (City 2 Alternate)
19- Silent Hill (City 1 alternate)
20- Silent Hill (City 5 alternate)
21- Silent Hill (Amusement park alternate)
22- silent Hill (The church)
The end

23- The bonus level (Have a nice day) this level is away of silent hill levels.

There are 4 parts of Tomb Raider Silent Hill, Lets finish thism one and see, if the game improved us that its ok and there were many downloads I would continue the other parts but if not, we will se what we do.
We must make our own advertisement about this game

Please, I have made a story and want to turn it into a game, who would join?
-Level Designs
-Characters Designs
-Monsters Designs
-Secret Designs
-Custome Designs
-Voice
-Music

I would work on music and desiging covers, and I will tell you how the level should be but I need a perfect designer, who would join.

note: We are going to disccuss it in another forum, my own forum ofcourse.

thecentaur
20-08-09, 14:55
I'm going to be blunt, but in a respectful way.

This thread is showing lack of responses simply because no one really knows what they're going to get themselves into. With your myriad of new threads, it simply becomes a hassle to open every single one of them and see what else your boredom gives birth to. However in this case, you're not really known in TRLE so we don't know of your skills or responsibilities. I bold those two because people who get themselves into group projects and are new the TRLE would probably just give up with it.

to put it bluntly, it seems no one really cares about this project because of the lack of responsibility you seem to be putting into it. That and there are absolutely no screens whatsoever showing your work.

Sorry to say this, but people who are overambitious in group projects need to learn the hard way of having their dreams crushed. :(

scremanie
20-08-09, 15:01
I don't understand... :o

God Horus
20-08-09, 15:22
I am just going to tell you the truth, don't get angry, no one is going to help you finish a 23 level project and we don't even know if you know how to build a level, and if you can't well then what kind of a "project leader" is that. And do you have any idea how long a good level takes to build? Especially a 23 level levelset with multiple people working on it could take more that 3-4 years.

Laras Boyfr.
20-08-09, 17:40
I d think that you Alex should show some screens of your work to show also the community your skills ,then you maybe have a chance...

larafan25
20-08-09, 17:54
I would join for these reasons:)

I love the idea of making games outside the normal type made in the LE, although I wouldn't join because there are to many levels to be built:)

and it just seems like an unreachable goal and I don't want to be stuck in another project that leads no where:)

QRS
20-08-09, 18:06
Wish you the best luck with this! I love the silent hill games, and I think it would look good with the new TRNG features like intense fog etc. I have actually had plans in doing a level of my own ala Silent hill. Maybe in the fall :)

Mytly
20-08-09, 20:38
note: We are going to disccuss it in another forum, my own forum ofcourse.
Just a friendly reminder: advertising other forums is not allowed on TRF, and could lead to a permanent ban.

mudkip25
21-08-09, 01:11
In, my opinion, a big no. as everyone else said, show some work, and if you wanna do group prj, make sure its something like my aod continuation or Culprit's tr2 remake.

Try doing a solo project and lets see what you, in the world of level editing can do.

and like Mytly said, other forums are a no no.

Have fun on this if you do get members...

edit: 2 questions, can you script and exactly how long since you have made your first working level?

Alex Shepherd
21-08-09, 14:36
I'm going to be blunt, but in a respectful way.

This thread is showing lack of responses simply because no one really knows what they're going to get themselves into. With your myriad of new threads, it simply becomes a hassle to open every single one of them and see what else your boredom gives birth to. However in this case, you're not really known in TRLE so we don't know of your skills or responsibilities. I bold those two because people who get themselves into group projects and are new the TRLE would probably just give up with it.

to put it bluntly, it seems no one really cares about this project because of the lack of responsibility you seem to be putting into it. That and there are absolutely no screens whatsoever showing your work.

Sorry to say this, but people who are overambitious in group projects need to learn the hard way of having their dreams crushed. :(

It had been reported to the admin, I wish you could have some more respect to say. Then I'll repley to your post.

I don't understand... :o
I will explain more as long as some of you would join

I am just going to tell you the truth, don't get angry, no one is going to help you finish a 23 level project and we don't even know if you know how to build a level, and if you can't well then what kind of a "project leader" is that. And do you have any idea how long a good level takes to build? Especially a 23 level levelset with multiple people working on it could take more that 3-4 years.
I just found 18 people who like to join ;) If you won't then why do you want to bother yourself posting at this forum to gain one more post, open chat helps you to increase your posts.

I d think that you Alex should show some screens of your work to show also the community your skills ,then you maybe have a chance...

As long as we finish I can

I would join for these reasons:)

I love the idea of making games outside the normal type made in the LE, although I wouldn't join because there are to many levels to be built:)

and it just seems like an unreachable goal and I don't want to be stuck in another project that leads no where:)

It's OK we can talk about the levels, dude, this is still just in mind, it doesn't matter if it contains 23 levels, we can decrease the levels, we must talk about it and then we start.

Wish you the best luck with this! I love the silent hill games, and I think it would look good with the new TRNG features like intense fog etc. I have actually had plans in doing a level of my own ala Silent hill. Maybe in the fall :)
Hope you can join with us :wve:

Just a friendly reminder: advertising other forums is not allowed on TRF, and could lead to a permanent ban.

No Mytly :) I will give them the forum for my level TRLE forum, not tomb raide forum, so that it will be more safe just like any other members do that when they design their own custome levels through their own secret forum, have a secret in each forum, so that nobody can steal anything, hope you can understand now :)

In, my opinion, a big no. as everyone else said, show some work, and if you wanna do group prj, make sure its something like my aod continuation or Culprit's tr2 remake.

Try doing a solo project and lets see what you, in the world of level editing can do.

and like Mytly said, other forums are a no no.

Have fun on this if you do get members...

edit: 2 questions, can you script and exactly how long since you have made your first working level?

I explained above :wve: read it

So thank you everybody for the very wonderful and respectful comments that I recieved, wish you the best of the best.

VictorXD
21-08-09, 14:44
:eek:Damn, I would like to join:(, but I'm making my project now:/ Sorry:o

Atlantisfreak666
21-08-09, 14:52
Wow, sounds good...

You should totally add characters from the old Silent Hill games.
*coughHeatherMasonandCybilBennettcough*

VictorXD
21-08-09, 14:55
Bennet ftw:ohn:

Spikey
21-08-09, 14:56
@Alex: It seems you've successfully managed to miss the entire point of half of the posts in this thread. Members are simply pointing out the fact that people will need more information regarding the project and your skills before they consider joining, yet you only offer to give out this information once people have actually joined - I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see the slight problem here. :whi:

Also, out of interest...these "18 people who like to join" - what are their skill levels in regards to LE?

Alex Shepherd
21-08-09, 15:20
16 of them took the level designer.

But it's my decision of how to explain my project, it's not yours and you're not allowed to tell me how to explain my project or how to post. And there should be some more RESPECTS because I am not a talking dog in front of you, so no need to show off because they're far away of being an artistic in level editor. At least Core Design show more respects to who don't have any idea what the TRLE is, they helped me once and showed me a link full of TRLE information, helped me like any other fan, but not treat them like bull of **** just what happened now.
And to take them back to memories, what were they when the first time they used TRLE?

And thanks.

stranger1992
21-08-09, 16:38
Can you show us something you have done in the LE before trying to make a huge epic group project? It may help people decide if they want to be part of this passing whim.

Mr.Burns
21-08-09, 17:56
Alex, if you want people to help you out, drop the aggressive attitude. You've lost credibility and friends going this route. Show your screenshots so the folks here can better gauge your skills. Otherwise you won't receive much help and if that's the case, I don't see a reason to keep this thread open. So far I haven't seen anything rude or condescending in how people are replying. They are merely pointing out the need for more information before jumping into such a large project.

mudkip25
21-08-09, 18:08
No Mytly :) I will give them the forum for my level TRLE forum, not tomb raide forum, so that it will be more safe just like any other members do that when they design their own custome levels through their own secret forum, have a secret in each forum, so that nobody can steal anything, hope you can understand now :)

No, Mytly said that all other forums TRLE/Tomb Raider based or not shall not be Advertised here. She Also Said a Permanent Ban.

Shauni
21-08-09, 18:25
I hope your project goes well. :) 23 levels is very, very big!

And I think all that people are trying to say is, they've never seen a screenshot of anything you've built yet, so they don't know if you can build good (not saying you don't, just saying we don't know yet). And if it turned out you can't build, then everyone who has joined is going to get all of the work load. And that won't be fun for them! So that is why they are hesitant. They need a talented leader to pull off such a huge task and since your won't show them anything, that's kind of a bad sign. So they're even more hesitant now to join or help. Make sense? Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, and have fun! :) :hug:

Alex Shepherd
21-08-09, 20:22
I hope your project goes well. :) 23 levels is very, very big!

And I think all that people are trying to say is, they've never seen a screenshot of anything you've built yet, so they don't know if you can build good (not saying you don't, just saying we don't know yet). And if it turned out you can't build, then everyone who has joined is going to get all of the work load. And that won't be fun for them! So that is why they are hesitant. They need a talented leader to pull off such a huge task and since your won't show them anything, that's kind of a bad sign. So they're even more hesitant now to join or help. Make sense? Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, and have fun! :) :hug:

I am working on it, it will take a couple of days and thank you so much.