PDA

View Full Version : Time Wasters

Dennis's Mom
20-08-09, 13:25
Any one else have a "time waster" game they play on their computer?

I have this thing for four-suite Spider solitaire. Probably won fewer than 10 games in five years, but I keep coming back for more. I especially like it because it takes no resources and uses no critical files, so I can play it while things are installing or updating.

I'm also a big Cubis/Cubis2 fan.

So do you have time to waste? :D

Samsdad
20-08-09, 13:31
I play CivIV if I have more than a few minutes or a quick game of Hearts otherwise.

scremanie
20-08-09, 13:34
A game called "Icy Tower" :D

If you have not heard of it, it is just a game where you have to jump up a tower really fast and each level makes the camera go faster and faster. If you fall, you die. It is a fun game :), you can download it free, its only like 500kb too. I think... well, if you want to try it I can provide a link? :)

Dennis's Mom
20-08-09, 14:07
A game called "Icy Tower" :D

If you have not heard of it, it is just a game where you have to jump up a tower really fast and each level makes the camera go faster and faster. If you fall, you die. It is a fun game :), you can download it free, its only like 500kb too. I think... well, if you want to try it I can provide a link? :)

Sure. Thanks! Maybe we should start a thread about good flash games?

irjudd
20-08-09, 20:33
Aren't games in general just time wasters? Or are you talking about "casual" games?

Legend of Lara
20-08-09, 20:40
I have a lot of emul....errrrr...freeware on my computer. :D

In all seriousness, there's a nice, free platformer called "Cave Story" I really enjoy. Anyone heard of it?

WCookie
20-08-09, 21:07
I have a lot of emul....errrrr...freeware on my computer. :D

In all seriousness, there's a nice, free platformer called "Cave Story" I really enjoy. Anyone heard of it?

Yes, isn't it a boy that's exploring some caverns and civilizations?

If yes, that game rocks :)

Spong
20-08-09, 21:09
I don't play time-filler games on my PC. I use Photoshop or I muck about with a bit of editing software

Rivendell
20-08-09, 21:09
If I want time to vanish, then Sims 3 is what I pop in. It goes so fast for me when playing that game! :eek:

maniakatosheto
20-08-09, 21:14
The Sims 3 = yay its the best way to relax.

da tomb raider!
20-08-09, 22:05
Worms 2 used to be my biggest time waster. Until I got a Vista computer, that is, because then I found out I couldn't play it anymore. I guess now my biggest time waster is Minesweeper. Great.

Eddie Haskell
20-08-09, 22:15
Fallout3. Whenever I am bored, I launch the game and roam the countryside with my Gauss, knocking down all in my path. In fact I am doing it now on another PC (paused right now of course) as I type this.

da tomb raider!
20-08-09, 22:20
In fact I am doing it now on another PC (paused right now of course) as I type this.

Now that's what I call multi-tasking. :p

Catracoth
20-08-09, 23:59
Aren't games in general just time wasters? Or are you talking about "casual" games?

Funny how you say that and yet you're a member on a Tomb Raider forum.

irjudd
21-08-09, 00:32
Funny how you say that and yet you're a member on a Tomb Raider forum.
...and?

...your point is?

Catracoth
21-08-09, 00:35
...and?

...your point is?

My point was pretty obvious, but let me put it in Laymen's terms; You claim that video games are time wasters and yet you're a member on a forum that praises a video game franchise.

irjudd
21-08-09, 00:38
Bravo, you've gotten so sharp lately. I'm glad you could see the irony.

Catracoth
21-08-09, 00:39
On what planet do you spend your time? There was nothing ironic about it.

Lemmie
21-08-09, 00:39
If I want time to vanish, then Sims 3 is what I pop in. It goes so fast for me when playing that game! :eek:

Me too. Days can go by. :D

irjudd
21-08-09, 00:43
Oh, you aren't as sharp as I initially assessed. A dictionary might help that.

Catracoth
21-08-09, 00:45
Me too. Days can go by. :D

Same here. Especially when I first got it. I'd play it for a bit and then be like "Oh my, twelve hours already?"

Joely-Moley
21-08-09, 00:47
Sims 3. I can play that for ages.

Also a game called 'Eggos Kitchen' It's a lame shockwave game that I am totally addicted to. :p

Dia2blo
21-08-09, 02:11
It's not on my computer, rather my 360, but whenever i'm waiting to go out i fire up either geometry wars 2 or outrun :p