PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Katona axed from Iceland adverts

TR FAN 18
20-08-09, 13:50
Supermarket Iceland has sacked Kerry Katona from its advertising campaigns, saying it was "impossible" for her to continue in the role.

The move follows allegations in the News Of The World that the former member of pop group Atomic Kitten was taking Class A drugs.

Ms Katona has featured in the ads for four years, since she won the TV show I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

The firm said that it would help her get support if she needed its aid.

An Iceland spokesman added that for "most" of her time working for the chain, she had "been a successful part of our advertising campaigns".

"But she has also been through some tough times in her personal life," they added.

"We have always stood by her, as an example of a normal person and mum who has experienced some of the modern-day culture of fame, and how difficult it can be to deal with.

"However, following the most recent allegations, we feel it is impossible for Kerry to continue to work with us as one of the faces of Iceland advertising."

Ms Katona's former publicist Max Clifford, who brokered the supermarket deal, said he thought Iceland had been "very supportive".

He added: "She has reached rock bottom... I am hoping that this will bring her to her senses."

Iceland uses several celebrities to promote its food, including Loose Women presenter Coleen Nolan.

Bookmakers William Hill have named celebrity mums Charlotte Church, Suzanne Shaw, Carol Vorderman, and Kym Marsh as possible replacements.

Source:BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8206339.stm)

All I can say is this: :yah:
I was really getting sick of seeing Katona in the Iceland adverts every ad break.
She was OK in Atomic Kitten but now I just can't stand her. Why does MTV have all those crappy programmes about her?

Atlantisfreak666
20-08-09, 13:50
Thank. God.

Lemmie
20-08-09, 13:56
Yet another 'celebrity' loses any credibility they might, hypothetically, have had. Unfortunately she'll probably end up with some other kind of lucrative deal to save her from her bankruptancy, once she's lost a couple of stone (again) and has a new husband (again).

And the whole sorry cycle will just continue.

I wonder if she ever gets bored of being such a useless nonentity.

*rages*

Sorry...

pneboy
20-08-09, 14:15
not like she's setting a bad example most of the iceland shoppers are drug addicts or council house shoppers

jackles
20-08-09, 14:15
Why does MTV have programmes about her..because a lot of people just love that car crash tv. I think it is sad the way her life has deteriorated since her atomic kitten days when she was seemingly happily married. Her life has been on a downward spiral since then.

What you mean like me pneboy..I have a council house. Bit of a sweeping generalisation there.

Lara Fan 4Life
20-08-09, 14:17
^Pneboy - Sure them are! :vlol:

Lee croft
20-08-09, 14:23
oh look at that not even icelands would have her now :rolleyes:

Jack Croft
20-08-09, 14:28
Yay!

About time.

Rai
20-08-09, 14:59
not like she's setting a bad example most of the iceland shoppers are drug addicts or council house shoppers

So in your mind, Kerry, as a drug addict is just representing the 'bad lot' that may shop there? I live in a council home. I don't do drugs. I would rather not be clumped together with what you consider 'the low life'. :mad:

As for Kerry herself, yes she is annoying, but she is also someone who is having a bad time. Let's not judge her as a bad person. Iceland were right to not keep her on in their adverts though. She needs help before she ruins her own and her kid's lives.

Trigger_happy
20-08-09, 15:52
I think Iceland have been quite good over this. Of course she can't represent them while filled with crack, but they could have thrown her to the wolves.

Nannonxyay
20-08-09, 16:00
I live in a council house. :(

Lemmie
20-08-09, 16:02

Classy.

disneyprincess20
20-08-09, 16:03
Iceland could have axed ages ago, considering the amount of scandals she's had. They've been pretty good to her and clearly this is the last straw. I just feel sorry for her children; I reckon they need a mother more than she needs the publicity.

Spong
20-08-09, 17:44
Please let the next story I hear about Kerry Katona be one about how she's been found face down in a ditch.

It sounds nasty but I'm not going to hide how much I despise the woman. I think it's taken Iceland precisely 3 years too long to get rid of her. She'd been in the media countless times for allegedly neglecting her children because of her drug habit, I'm stunned she wasn't dropped (by society, not just Iceland) long before now.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

digitizedboy
20-08-09, 18:23
Please let the next story I hear about Kerry Katona be one about how she's been found face down in a ditch.

:vlol:

That's the height of nastiness. But yeah, horrible woman. Glad we don't have to see her mug on commercials anymore.

scion05
20-08-09, 19:06

Yes and ?

Nannonxyay
20-08-09, 20:38
I live in a council house and I'll have you know I shop at Sainsburies, thankyouverymuch.

In a way I feel sorry for Kerry Katona, seeing as though she suffers from bi-polarism (is that even a word?), but yes she is incredibly irritating. :p

Larapink
20-08-09, 20:40
Not very important, even though I saw the Iceland tv adverts but it's not like Kerry had a big role in acting in those ads.

Lemmie
20-08-09, 20:49
In a way I feel sorry for Kerry Katona, seeing as though she suffers from bi-polarism (is that even a word?), but yes she is incredibly irritating. :p

Bi-polar disorder. ;)

Nannonxyay
20-08-09, 20:51
Bi-polar disorder. ;)

It was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't quite recall what it was called. Thanks. :D

Cloe Christina
20-08-09, 20:54
why should she have been axed ..... what was happening outside of those adverts had nothing to do with the adverts in question ....

Spong
20-08-09, 21:00
why should she have been axed ..... what was happening outside of those adverts had nothing to do with the adverts in question ....

Far from it. She is a celebrity and, in that, her entire life is in the public eye. Whether or not that's right is debatable itself, but the fact remains she has an image. That image has changed because of her alleged drug abuse and child neglect. And as much as you're kind of right that her private life has nothing to do with Iceland, people are aware of that private life and they form their opinions of her, and that can have a negative effect on Iceland's ad-campaigns. She had to go, her clean living, family-oriented motherly image has well and truly been shattered.

Iceland continuing to use her in their adverts would be like using Harold Shipman to advertise a nursing home.

Cloe Christina
20-08-09, 21:06
Far from it. She is a celebrity and, in that, her entire life is in the public eye. Whether or not that's right is debatable itself, but the fact remains she has an image. That image has changed because of her alleged drug abuse and child neglect. And as much as you're kind of right that her private life has nothing to do with Iceland, people are aware of that private life and they form their opinions of her, and that can have a negative effect on Iceland's ad-campaigns. She had to go.

It's like using Harold Shipman to advertise a nursing home.

yeah i see what you mean .... me personally ... i don't judge people on their personal life .... because i dont care to be honest ...... what decisions they make is entirely up to them .. and the fact that they are3 being judged for them decisions is just silly ..... personal opinion though ...... :hea::(

Thorir
20-08-09, 21:06
1. Never heard of Kerry Katona
2. I thought Iceland was a country.
3. I don't care. ;)

TR FAN 18
20-08-09, 21:37
1. Never heard of Kerry Katona
2. I thought Iceland was a country.
3. I don't care. ;)

1. You are not missing much ;)
2. :vlol: It's also some supermarket chain that exists in the UK.
3. I agree. I have never cared about her.

Kelly Craftman
20-08-09, 21:42
thats why mums shop a iceland!
the shop is :cen::p

trtrailerman
20-08-09, 21:44
:( NOOOO i will miss her scary face filling the screen and lying about where mums shop. My mum don't shop at iceland so she's obviously uncaring xD

Johnnay
20-08-09, 21:45
i dont know her so i really dont care about it

whats Iceland anyway???

Lee croft
20-08-09, 21:47

yeah well we all know what mum wont be now she has been fired

TRhalloween
20-08-09, 21:47

That advert is sexist!

Flame
20-08-09, 23:34
:eek: b-but shes a goddess.
i didnt even think she was acting in those adverts.
it just came naturally to her.

Spong
20-08-09, 23:46
:eek: b-but shes a goddess.
i didnt even think she was acting in those adverts.
it just came naturally to her.

You're kidding, right?

Flame
21-08-09, 01:24
You're kidding, right?

yes, i'm kidding.

woody543
21-08-09, 17:55
Just got back from Tenerife, and turns out kerry was on my plane, I was stood next to them at baggage reclaim, although i may have made some sarcastic comment directed at Mark about the fact he and many other people were standing on the wrong side of the line. I only realised it was her when her children started miss behaving and she had to tell them off.

She seemed really anxious, but down to earth and nice, she was laughing joking and smiling, and was really nice to some of the children who went and said hello to her

Chocola teapot
21-08-09, 17:57
Ha! I dislike her very much.

x2crazyidiot
21-08-09, 17:58
who in god's name is going to sell us the prawn rings then?! :yik:

woody543
21-08-09, 17:58
who in god's name is going to sell us the prawn rings then?! :yik:

Coleen Nolan and christopher biggins

x2crazyidiot
21-08-09, 18:04

take Coleen back to Loose Women, no-one can fill the position that Kerry had in the Iceland adverts! :p

qYktaaEPXXo

TRULuverzz
21-08-09, 18:05
Icelands is where i go and buy some toffee cheescake, glad she got saked from the ads. im sick of her!

scion05
21-08-09, 18:10

Not that buffoon :( I hope he chokes on them :mis:

woody543
21-08-09, 18:12
She actually looks alot better in real life, she wasn't as fat as the papers have been making out. And like I said before, a down to earth lass...

She won't be missed from iceland adds though

igonge
21-08-09, 18:14
Hurrah! I never shop at iceland anyway.

scion05
I neither like nor dislike her. I just hate how the papers make some people out to be awful. It's the same with Victoria Beckham, you see her in person, she's chatty, all smiles and a genuinely lovely girl.

Reggie
I hate Iceland food anyway. :p

scion05
21-08-09, 18:15
It's great value, but just a total dive to go into :ton:

scion89
22-08-09, 20:43
ding dong the B**** is gone.