PDA

View Full Version : Future In-game Lara model preference

EscondeR
21-08-09, 08:25
Scia's custom Lara model renders (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=156670)

*poll requested by daventry

A note to voters: Please, if an option asks for explanation, trouble yourself a bit to explain indeed. Not just blank vote "Other".

mike-d
21-08-09, 08:46
Scia's models are phenomenal, especially the one he used for his profile pic.

daventry
21-08-09, 08:50
Thanks Esconder. :hug:

I love Scia's work. :cln:

Paddy
21-08-09, 08:54
Im not bothered either way :)

aussie500
21-08-09, 09:28
Well Scia's work is still obviously the TRU model, I am not fussed with what Lara looks like in the next game. (OK maybe I have a slight bias against pigtails)

TombRaiderFan.
21-08-09, 09:32
Well Scia's work is still obviously the TRU model, I am not fussed with what Lara looks like in the next game. (OK maybe I have a slight bias against pigtails)

It might still be the TRU model...Only 100x better!!!
Lara looks great in all of those pictures. :D Although I don't think ginger suits her, but still looks good on her. :)

Reggie
21-08-09, 09:39
I'm not bothered. Whatever runs, climbs and shoots suits.

^This one.

Cristina
21-08-09, 10:02
I love Scia's work,lara croft is so alive!:D

Tokyo Jo
21-08-09, 10:17
Well i've voted for Scia's work but i'd love a new one! Still keep the same sort of body etc and don't alter her - and her assets - too much!

:)

S*x O o x

Shark_Blade
21-08-09, 10:19
O.M.G..:eek:

That Lara is furious! Love it! See, why can't CD produce quality like this? :rolleyes: They just had to make her a sad sappy drama queen.

http://i27.************/4ubcq9.jpg (http://i32.************/126brxu.png)

http://i31.************/34sf4fn.jpg (http://i29.************/20kzww3.png)

You know what, don't give CD the pleasure to use fan made model for free. They were paid to do the games.
You should work for CD,wait no screw that. CD should hire you as external sourcing to do the model.

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Megalith
21-08-09, 10:27
I would prefer a completely new model that has nothing to do with Crystal's previous models.
There is a slight chance (1/1000) to get it right this time.

January_Snow*
21-08-09, 10:30
I voted other, although scia is extremly tallented, and the renders are awsoooome, epic, I dont want to see TRU Lara again, I didnt like the model, the skin is to pale, the proportions are horrbile, the face is just yuck....Scia's model is much much better, and they should have include something like that in TRU, but I just want a completely new Lara for TRO...

Paddy
21-08-09, 10:50

That Lara is furious! Love it! See, why can't CD produce quality like this? :rolleyes: They just had to make her a sad sappy drama queen.

http://i27.************/4ubcq9.jpg

http://i31.************/34sf4fn.jpg

You know what, don't give CD the pleasure to use fan made model for free. They were paid to do the games.
You should work for CD,wait no screw that. CD should hire you as external sourcing to do the model.

Now those pics are awesome and how Lara should be :D

Phlip
21-08-09, 10:53
Other - updated AOD model. I don't really like the Underworld one.

Trigger_happy
21-08-09, 11:32
I want a new model- its a new game, we need a physically new Lara. She's much younger in this game- the model should reflect that.

Laras shadow
21-08-09, 11:34
i really love the fan made lara because honestly i prefere that to anything that crystal would warp up!:D

Legends
21-08-09, 11:36
My vote would go to Scia. I voted 'other' as it's the same model as Underworld, just retouched. However, those retouches made the model look completely different. I love the tiny change you've made, longer fringe, which I think give her a much better and sophisticated look. A warmer hair color, a slightly tanned/dirty skin and a colorful outfit. MUCH BETTER than she ever looked before. I love it, she's just gorgeous. It would be perfect with those touches to the nextgen legend model.

Mrshina
21-08-09, 11:44
anyway Scia does good job but its still underworld model...what i prefer is that lightning and some kind of that hair not the model itself....

jeffrey van oort
21-08-09, 11:52

What some people seem to be forgetting is that this render looks good because of the lights.

The model is not changed much, other than the sunburn - dirt and the additional normal maps.
However, in my opinion it would be a great opportunity for the fans to create their own Lara Croft in 3D, and it would be a huge achievement if it actually makes it into the game.

Alex Fly
21-08-09, 12:21
Scia's work is totally stunning but I'd like a new model of Lara, and totally realistic. :tmb:

LARA_geek
21-08-09, 12:30
I'm not bothered. I was satisfied with every model so far. I liked the TRU model and scias works are beautiful too.
Crystal Dynamics will come up with a fitting model I believe.

Oh and I hope it will be the perfect Lara Croft so I don't have to read all the whining and complaining about her looks. :p

Atlantisfreak666
21-08-09, 12:41
Other. I want Lara to look exactly like Janice. :cln:

daventry
21-08-09, 12:42
http://i32.************/24y71pd.jpg

fenwick
21-08-09, 12:50
Your model is absolutely stunning! I like the new colorscheme!

Dennis's Mom
21-08-09, 12:55
Daventry, I know you're simply trying to be funny, but I find those pictures insulting because basically all they do is mock anyone who didn't have issues with how Lara looked in TRU. They bascially say "if you like this, you're simply too stupid to know what good is."

I could come up with equally amusing captions to make Scia's renders look ridiculous too, you know.

*Edit* Thank you for changing the pictures to one without captions.

I would prefer a younger, less mature looking Lara than those presented.

Lara's home
21-08-09, 12:59
A new model made by CD.
And it's easy to make a render look good. It's harder to make a model look good with several expressions, animations etc. Not saying Scia is making bad renders (they are awesome), but TR:U Lara also looked awesome.
Of course, you took the worst pictures you could find and compared those with Scia's.

**LARA LOVER**
21-08-09, 13:02
I love Scia work! :D CD could learn a thing or two from him! I really hope in TRO that Lara is not as pale as a ghost , they experiment with cuts and burns, and Lara's hair is free flowing...unless there is a braid, witch would be great! :)

stereopathic
21-08-09, 13:20
i can't even imagine the credibility a game developer would lose by using a fan-made model. scia's is excellent and is well-lit but no, CD should create something new that suits the new story.

if they wanted to make scia's an unlockable, that would be a nice gesture.

daventry
21-08-09, 13:23
That would be kinda cool, an Unlockable Lara from a Fan. ;)

toxicraider
21-08-09, 13:37
It's not a fan-made model, it's the TRU model with a mod and nice lighting :confused:.

Brikas94
21-08-09, 13:48
I prefer a new Lara model... IMO she needs to be shorter and look more like a teenager... but without pigtails... ew...

Ilie_Fusarau
21-08-09, 13:48
It's not a fan-made model, it's the TRU model with a mod and nice lighting :confused:.
Exactly!

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 13:50
I love Scia's model, looks almost perfect, but I'm not a fan of the man butt or overall body in general. That's not Scia's fault, though. He made it look the best it possibly could look. :tmb:

The TRU Lara model just looks so cartoony, I'd like to see a realistic Lara for once. :)

igonge
21-08-09, 13:51
I'm not bothered

silviu_raider
21-08-09, 13:51
A 100% new one.
Amin!

RetardedRaider
21-08-09, 13:58
I would want Scia's model please.
I don't really like a brand new model, I just want the present model to be improved...

I mean, why does Lara have to have a really different look within each game?
Legend, (Looked younger than the Anniversary model)
Anniversary, (Sudden loss of the fringe and older face)
and Underworld (Where she even changed her fringe LOL)
TRU model is already okay, and Scia's render can be the perfect version of the TRU model.

CD, Hire Scia!!! LOL.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 14:11
It would be suicide for them to use the same character model.

They desperately need to revamp the series completely, because CDs TRs just weren't cutting it. They didn't flop, but they definitely weren't the bang TR needs right now.

We need a new engine, story, art style, gameplay, everything. Seriously, everything we've ever seen from TRL, TRA, and TRU needs completely scrapped and we need something updated, new, and groundbreaking.

If TRO turns out to be just like TRL, TRU, and TRA with improved graphics, I think I'll hang myself...

VictorXD
21-08-09, 14:16
I want TRA render model^^ I loved that model, so beautiful!!!:D

Zebra
21-08-09, 14:19
As good as Scia's renders look...it's just the TRU model with some slight changes (Besides, CD wouldn't use it, anyway). I want a completely new model.

just croft
21-08-09, 14:43
Scia's model is the TRU model, no major change there. Any other day I would I have voted "not bothered, but the minor changes Scia made to the model were enough to show that insisting a little more on what they already had and the game could have been even better.

It's things like these, minor things, that crystal could work a little harder. And one could even say "oh you're so superficial to be anoyed over something like that". Well, I'm not, however many minor underdeveloped parts of the game make up a whole underdeveloped part of the game.

It's people like Scia that show us that makeing things better is not that hard at all. Fans can do it for fun, so why can crystal do it with a little more presistence?

Again, I'm not bothered with the model to the point of not buying the game. But I do think Crystal isn't working to improve small details of the game that when all put together make a big part of the game. So every chance I get to show what needs improvement, as tiny as it is, I'll say it, and rigth now:

Scia > Crystal Dynamics

PS: The colours used by Scia look a hell of alot better, I'm not one to hold onto the original outfit as if my life depends on it, but it looks much better than TRU's. Even the backpack and hair for that matter.

ajrich17901
21-08-09, 14:47
I'm not bothered. Whatever runs, climbs and shoots suits.

Im more worried about the game then laras model, Im sure she'll look good either way.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 14:55
I just want her to look believable. No more Barbie Raider and I'll be happy.

Rai
21-08-09, 15:12
As gorgous as Scia's renders are, they are till the TRU model only updated a little to look more realsitic and with a 'classic' aura.

I don't think the TRU model (updated or not) is appropriate for TRO. Lara is supposed to be younger, so I think she should look more like the TRA model. They could take her and give her a Scia like makeover to make her more realistic and the warmer hair tones. She'd look fantastic. :D

TRF
21-08-09, 15:15
OTHER.... as in: NONE...
Why do we even bother about these models??

What's the use??

Pardon my line here: but why do i have the feeling that because of the models: Eidos had less money, as in less time to create good games...

Tokyo Jo
21-08-09, 15:17

I agree!
I want these!!

S*x O o x

Chocola teapot
21-08-09, 15:34
I agree!
I want these!!

S*x O o x

X2! Agree.

Rai
21-08-09, 15:37
OTHER.... as in: NONE...
Why do we even bother about these models??

What's the use??

Pardon my line here: but why do i have the feeling that because of the models: Eidos had less money, as in less time to create good games...

Uh I don't understand you. Are you saying you don't want Lara in the game anymore? How can Tomb Raider have no avatar? Or perhaps you're confusing the question with the models used to promote the games, like Alison? Because we're discussing the in-game Lara model.

SamReeves
21-08-09, 15:58
New model, much more juggy, and one that loses her clothes more often! ;)

takamotosan
21-08-09, 16:10
I want Scia's model. TRU's model was my favorite, and Scia improved it. So, VOILA.
Do it.

:cool:

TRF
21-08-09, 16:13
Uh I don't understand you. Are you saying you don't want Lara in the game anymore? How can Tomb Raider have no avatar? Or perhaps you're confusing the question with the models used to promote the games, like Alison? Because we're discussing the in-game Lara model.

No, i'm terribly sorry.
I thought he/she ment those models in real-life..

I mis-understood that...

seashell093
21-08-09, 16:30
I voted for Scia's work! :tmb:

robm_2007
21-08-09, 16:34
i vote for Scia's work, unless, somehow, CD makes a better one.

Joely-Moley
21-08-09, 16:56
I voted:
'I'm not bothered. Whatever runs, climbs and shoots suits.'

I really don't care much how she looks.

robm_2007
21-08-09, 17:01
I voted:
'I'm not bothered. Whatever runs, climbs and shoots suits.'

I really don't care much how she looks.

what if she looked liked a man?

miss.haggard
21-08-09, 17:01
I voted OTHER, because I want CD to take Scia's ideas and use them, but add their own flare to make is a younger Lara (if they decide to go in that lame direction) But IF THEY DONT DO AN ORIGINS GAME, I want Scia's model ALL THE WAY!

Joely-Moley
21-08-09, 17:09

Wouldn't bother me! :p
I don't play the game for how Lara looks, and I'd find it amusing watch everyone flip out over it if they did make her manly.

Rai
21-08-09, 17:14

Wouldn't bother me! :p
I don't play the game for how Lara looks, and I'd find it amusing watch everyone flip out other it if they did make her manly.

We could always have Larry Croft: Transsexual Raider. :p :vlol:

scremanie
21-08-09, 17:26
I want Lara to look like a new version of the classics. Not how she did in Anniversary or Legend. She was not that bad in Underworld, but that was too similar to Anni/Legend. So I would like a new classic Lara. Something similar to AOD/Last Revelations. I like the concepts that CD have drawn up. They have a classic feel for me. :)

Nausinous
21-08-09, 17:30
I would prefer something practical rather than artistic, that means short hair, all her skin protected and legs with plenty of equipment, that's why I chose other :wve:.

Morsusmihi
21-08-09, 17:34
Isn't Scia's model just a modified TRU model?

Don't get me wrong, I love her work.

Anywho, I voted that I don't care what the new model looks like. I actually even prefer the in-game Lara model from the classics/AoD better than any of the models that CD has done.

AmericanAssassin
21-08-09, 17:39
Since it's an origins reboot, I want a new model. However, I want her to look the same from then on. I hate that she looks drastically different in every CD title. It's ridiculous. Make a Lara and stick with her look. End of discussion.

By the way, Scia's model is beautiful. :tmb

larafan25
21-08-09, 17:46
Scia's renders are VERY nice, but I prefere a new model based off of the concept art seen:)

AmericanAssassin
21-08-09, 17:55
Scia's renders are VERY nice, but I prefere a new model based off of the concept art seen:)

Hell no. :cen: I'd rather have her look like Shrek. The concept we've seen so far is U-G-L-Y. *Shudders* On par with Lady Gaga. *Shudders* :p

larafan25
21-08-09, 18:01
Hell no. :cen: I'd rather have her look like Shrek. The concept we've seen so far is U-G-L-Y. *Shudders* On par with Lady Gaga. *Shudders* :p

I'm sorry but that picture of lara croft whether it looks like the misproportioned lara you know or not she is stilll very beautiful and attractive, she looks feirce and realistic, she looks wornand she is caught in the action of being a tomb raider....that is lara croft:)

she doesn't need to be a big breasted women wearing her classic outfit with a braid, this is a young lara, and she is wayyy more recognizable and more beautifull then the old young lara:)

AmericanAssassin
21-08-09, 18:04
Her attitude reminds me of classic Lara, but she certainly looks nothing like her physically. She's not recognizable at all. *Pukes*

Morsusmihi
21-08-09, 18:06
Three days of a hard work, and here result
http://i017.radikal.ru/0908/e4/12963d7870cc.jpg
like it??? :)
I in the big delight! :D :yah:
i love u, TR IX

From the "post a picture of Lara in TR9" thread.

I think that this person did a terrific job on making this model. However, I would like the new Lara to look somewhat like the old Lara.

larafan25
21-08-09, 18:24
I want this lara:)

I don't care if she has a braid or a pony, this is beaufitul:)

it's made by TRANGEL for the level editor:)

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4552/completeg.jpg

daventry
21-08-09, 18:27
Isent there a Posable Mod from those Screens. :confused:

larafan25
21-08-09, 18:30
^the ones I posted?:)

Laras Dream
21-08-09, 18:39
I love Scias but with a tiny bit litter skin colour.

daventry
21-08-09, 18:44
^the ones I posted?:)Yes, are there Downloadable Links for them please

larafan25
21-08-09, 18:45
I don't think TRANGEL is finished the model yet, but it is for the level editor.:)

ANoDE
21-08-09, 18:47
I voted for Scia's model. To me, that's Lara Croft.

Since that model is based on the TR:U Model, though, I wouldn't mind, if it could be updated in one or the other section ( more realistic hair, etc...).

jeffrey van oort
21-08-09, 18:52
I understand the optimism that a TRIX is in progress, but I do not understand how a person can be cool with the fact that Ms. Croft won´t be having a braid no longer..
I dare to bet, that every single fan who would model their own Lara, will come up with a design that involves Lara Croft with a Braid.. !!
Anything different is just not Lara..
This is also one of the reasons why I hope that fans can create their own Lara Croft.

daventry
21-08-09, 18:55
99% of the XNA Lara Thread and the Post your Lara Thread has her with a Braid, so im hoping Crystal get the Message. ;)

larafan25
21-08-09, 18:56
I understand the optimism that a TRIX is in progress, but I do not understand how a person can be cool with the fact that Ms. Croft won´t be having a braid no longer..
I dare to bet, that every single fan who would model their own Lara, will come up with a design that involves Lara Croft with a Braid.. !!
Anything different is just not Lara..
This is also one of the reasons why I hope that fans can create their own Lara Croft.

actually the new hannah montana game just came out for the PSP, it even include a purple coloured PSP if your interested:hug:

anyways welcome to you lost the fight a couple years ago...lara hasn't had the braid since legend...people are cool with it beause there is more to care about in the game then lara's hair style.

stephieCroft
21-08-09, 19:00
I had a hard time choosing between the first two, i love you guys work on the forums as its amazing ,but i chose option 2 as i want to give CD other chance

Lee croft
21-08-09, 19:03
other ... i want to see the TR:A trailer Lara as the in game Lara for TR:9

Mai
21-08-09, 19:06
I do like SCIAs model. But I want a more realistic AOD kind of model:D

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-09, 19:47
scia's model in-game would make me a very happy girlie :)
:hug::ton::jmp:

Scia
21-08-09, 20:10
Whoa! Wow! Thank you guys so much!

That said, I feel like I need to remind everyone that my renders do use the Underworld model. I just edit her textures, pose her in XNA, and then export her to 3ds Max for rendering. Comparing me to Crystal Dynamics, while flattering, is a bit much when I'm using their model :)

For future reference in this thread, the following images show the actual differences between my altered textures and Crystal's Lara.

http://i30.************/b9gi9v.jpg (http://i30.************/2cwwy7q.png)http://i28.************/hrfrco.jpg (http://i27.************/311rnmd.png)http://i26.************/54al8k.jpg (http://i32.************/jso6sm.jpg)

http://i32.************/105zdcg.jpg (http://i31.************/ulwuc.png)http://i31.************/334kwg9.jpg (http://i27.************/21d4ba1.png)

This kind of shading and lighting is simply not possible in Real-Time, however, if you're asking that Crystal take inspiration from the renders, such as Lara's expressed personality, tanned skin, sunburns, small cuts, cloth simulated ponytail, and classic color scheme, then have at it - I feel the same way. :D

That's why I personally voted Other. I would love to see Crystal Dynamics create a Lara that is colorful and unique, while staying true to the series.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-09, 20:12

That said, I feel like I need to remind everyone that my renders do use the Underworld model. I just edit her textures, pose her in XNA, and then export her to 3ds Max for rendering. Comparing me to Crystal Dynamics, while flattering, is a bit much when I'm using their model :)

For future reference in this thread, the following images show the actual differences between my altered textures and Crystal's Lara.

http://i30.************/b9gi9v.jpg (http://i30.************/2cwwy7q.png)http://i28.************/hrfrco.jpg (http://i27.************/311rnmd.png)http://i26.************/54al8k.jpg (http://i32.************/jso6sm.jpg)

http://i32.************/105zdcg.jpg (http://i31.************/ulwuc.png)http://i31.************/334kwg9.jpg (http://i27.************/21d4ba1.png)

This kind of shading and lighting is simply not possible in Real-Time, however, if you're asking that Crystal take inspiration from the renders, such as Lara's expressed personality, tanned skin, sunburns, small cuts, cloth simulated ponytail, and classic color scheme, then have at it - I feel the same way. :D

That's why I personally voted Other. I would love to see Crystal Dynamics create a Lara that is colorful and unique, while staying true to the series.

the new ones are amazing scia :)

and i love underworld Lara! sooooo yeah id be happy with your version or if she got kept.

daventry
21-08-09, 20:24
if you're asking that Crystal take inspiration from the renders, such as Lara's expressed personality, tanned skin, sunburns, small cuts, cloth simulated ponytail, and classic color scheme,

I would love to see Crystal Dynamics create a Lara that is colorful and unique, while staying true to the series.Thats the Detail i want for Lara, but she must have a Braid. :p

Still very Awsome work Scia :cln::cln:

EscondeR
21-08-09, 20:43
Voted "Other": Please follow Scia's approach, but make it fit the game - i.e. younger Lara for TRO (if this is necessary for the plot).

Rydell
21-08-09, 21:09
Other for sure, the same explanation Scia has given.

TRGamer8
21-08-09, 21:23

WOOW, I really like TRU Lara :D

Ariel
21-08-09, 22:58
Scia's models look amazing. They look much better then TRU.

coolezpunk
21-08-09, 23:12
I REALLY REALLY EXTREMELY LOVE Scia's Lara. :) I love it better than the Underworld one. :tmb:

I voted other, though, because I don't even know what the next Lara model would look like from CD. Of course, if Scia's Lara was more Lara-looking than CD's, then I would prefer that. And vise versa.

And I don't like how CD always makes the default outfits so dark, and "with-the-environment", if you know what I mean. I would love how the next outfit could be like the original classic one, it makes Lara stand out.

Reggie
21-08-09, 23:58
Even though I'm not one to focus on Lara's looks, I really do admire Scia's fanworks and if Crystal were going to follow anyone's example, I would recommend Scia's. :tmb:

Wana b like Lara
22-08-09, 00:10
OMG! I love Scia's model! :eek: I think it's the hair and lipliner/colour that really change Lara! :D

amiro1989
22-08-09, 03:04
Loved them so much that I had to make an avatar out of them. Thank you Scia. :)

jeffrey van oort
22-08-09, 03:06
actually the new hannah montana game just came out for the PSP, it even include a purple coloured PSP if your interested:hug:

anyways welcome to you lost the fight a couple years ago...lara hasn't had the braid since legend...people are cool with it beause there is more to care about in the game then lara's hair style.

Obviously you have not played TombRaider Anniversary, Most of the outfits had braids..
TombRaider Legend had a braid in the flashback and you can select this outfit in replay mode..
TombRaider Underworld is the only Crystal Dynamics game where Ms. Croft does not have a braid. However the doppelgänger does in the DLC versions and in the main game, so that makes it a bit legit.

Who is hannah montana?

This just makes the point very clear: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=155632
There is no point to argue with the results.

Evan C.
22-08-09, 04:39
I used to be Lara Croft...
http://www.trsaga.com/fotos/wps/t3/10.jpg

Now I can't even recognize myself beetween so many polygons

thevman
22-08-09, 05:54
Where's the "enough about her looks, try making a damn good game instead" option??? :whi:

ThatNorskChick
22-08-09, 05:57
^ Seriously now, no wonder they keep changing her. That's all we ever seem to talk about! :whi:

thevman
22-08-09, 06:08
Maybe lara NEEDS to die, so they truly can reinvent TR and we can move on from all this shallow trivial nonsense. Yea, lara has boobs, she's had em for what? 13 years? get over it people. I don't care how real they are or aren't. If I want to play with boobs I find REAL women to play with. ;) Her being on screen was just a way to follow along with what moves we just performed. They could put it all in first person and we'll never see what lara looks like. Yup, they still show her in cutscenes, something else they need to cut way back on. Stop over explaining the damn story and leave some mystery so we can be egged on to find out what's going on instead of holding our hand.

Laras Backpack
22-08-09, 07:34
I'm not bothered but I must say that Scia's work is fantastic :tmb: Easily the best Lara renders I've seen.

Azerutan
22-08-09, 08:49
People complain about CD turning Lara into a barbie, but honestly what I see is the fanbase itself talking about Tomb Raider as if it was a Barbie make-up show: boobs, braids, I mean... it's simply ridiculous... TR's fanbase is not what it used to be anymore.

scremanie
22-08-09, 08:59
But thats all Lara was.. boobs and a braid. Now she is Ponytail, short tops, makeup, skanky walk, mascara.

I for one do not find any of those things on Lara... well, in Underworld.. but Anni/Legend :whi:

Nor do I find them offensive. I just think they need to simplify her again. Go back to boobs and braid. Instead of all this outfit changing nonsense and complicated hairdo's. I always just loved Lara in her blue singlet and Khaki shorts with long brown braid. It was simple, yet they were so iconic for her.

Azerutan
22-08-09, 09:10
But thats all Lara was.. boobs and a braid.
Wow, you really watch Barbie movies, don't ya?

So Lara's caracter was based on a braid? Honestly, I never even noticed her braid in the classics, it was simply irrelevant and I can surely affirm most part of people didn't ****ing care about that. Boobs were, yes, a part of her look, so why are people complainning for them being big?

Lara's personna was never based on boobs or braid. Ask for a more BAD ASS Lara, yes, that was completely changed throught the years with so much pseudo drama... I don't understand how a TR fan can say that Lara was about a hairstyle honestly...

scremanie
22-08-09, 09:17
Sure, I love Barbie.

[/sarcasm] T_T

And yes, Lara was basically based around her braid for me in the classics. Thats all I think about when I think of classic Lara. I think of her long flowing braid and her khaki shorts and blue singlet. I never think of boobs. If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. :pi:

Azerutan
22-08-09, 09:24
Sure, I love Barbie.

[/sarcasm] T_T

And yes, Lara was basically based around her braid for me in the classics. Thats all I think about when I think of classic Lara. I think of her long flowing braid and her khaki shorts and blue singlet. I never think of boobs. If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. :pi:

Yup, I actually agree with you: Tomb Raider was over for millions of people not because of the AoD's horrific gameplay, not because of Legend's chessy story and Lara's potrays, nor because of Underworld un-impressing graphics overall or simple because series become tiresome. It was over because of her missing braid... (LOL)

I also love the fact you mention "now she is Ponytail, short tops, makeup, skanky walk, mascara", as OMG Cyrstal turned her into a Barbie!, when you own said that Lara was "basically around her braid" since the classics. Honestly, CD surely didn't turn Lara into a Barbie before you did buddy...

scremanie
22-08-09, 09:33
Yup, I actually agree with you: Tomb Raider was over for millions of people not because of the AoD's horrific gameplay, not because of Legend's chessy story and Lara's potrays, nor because of Underworld un-impressing graphics overall or simple because series become tiresome. It was over because of her missing braid... (LOL)

I also love the fact you mention "now she is Ponytail, short tops, makeup, skanky walk, mascara", as OMG Cyrstal turned her into a Barbie!, when you own said that Lara was "basically around her braid" since the classics. Honestly, CD surely didn't turn Lara into a Barbie before you did buddy...

Read my other post again. I was trying to say that I do not see those things offensive or even on Lara at all. That is what other people are trying to say.

And where did I say that the whole series has gone down hill just because CD have taken away her braid. Stop putting words into my mouth. seriously. You just need to grow up. Respect my opinion and move on.

Azerutan
22-08-09, 09:39
Oh I do respect your opinion, I just don't get it at all :)

scremanie
22-08-09, 09:47
oh. okay then. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 10:00
you're right scremanie - when i think classics i think long flowing braid Lara and saracstic attitude. Thats my memories of Lara at that time.

I actually (dare I say) like the LONG ponytail she has in legend and underworld, but I would like a braid, i've always been envious of it.

If she has short hair i'll be a bit ****ed off :ton:
To me thats not Lara.

The talk of killing off Lara = bull****, sorry but that would really send tomb raider downhill :o

scremanie
22-08-09, 10:06
you're right scremanie - when i think classics i think long flowing braid Lara and saracstic attitude. Thats my memories of Lara at that time.

I actually (dare I say) like the LONG ponytail she has in legend and underworld, but I would like a braid, i've always been envious of it.

If she has short hair i'll be a bit ****ed off :ton:
To me thats not Lara.

The talk of killing off Lara = bull****, sorry but that would really send tomb raider downhill :o

awwe. Thanks Hayley :hug:

I do actually like the ponytail too :), its nice and modern. But I wish for it to be longer.. much loner!

I was just trying to say that when I think of Lara Croft, I see this.

http://i26.************/153u4ax.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 10:21
the tr9 concept one definately needs to be longer :cln:

and yeah you're right, nice pic of Lara by the way; hey, you might prefer the classics and I might prefer the new one's but we sure don't kill each other over it do we?

people learn from us :ton:

tarcairion
22-08-09, 10:21
i voted for "I prefer a new Lara Model from Crystal Dynamics", because i think the in game models evolved with every new game.
although i really love Scia's renders, they are not in game screen shots, but maya renders.

if it comes to wallpaper renders, the fan made material becomes far more superior than the wallpapers CD provided along with the game launch.
just look at the wonderful compositions from nicobass.

scremanie
22-08-09, 10:25
the tr9 concept one definately needs to be longer :cln:

and yeah you're right, nice pic of Lara by the way; hey, you might prefer the classics and I might prefer the new one's but we sure don't kill each other over it do we?

people learn from us :ton:

no way! I would never attack you :p

lol, I loves you Hayley :hug: :p

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 10:28
no way! I would never attack you :p

lol, I loves you Hayley :hug: :p

yays i feel so loved :ton::hug: loves ya back :p

i was just wondering since you prefer the classics, would you be satisfied if cd made out Lara a bit more badass and put more detail into the environment?
xxxx

scremanie
22-08-09, 10:31
yays i feel so loved :ton::hug: loves ya back :p

i was just wondering since you prefer the classics, would you be satisfied if cd made out Lara a bit more badass and put more detail into the environment?
xxxx

Yes, I would love that :D

Also, make it more adventurous and less gunplay. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 10:32
Yes, I would love that :D

Also, make it more adventurous and less gunplay. :)

hehe awesome, is there anything you love from cd's games?

scremanie
22-08-09, 10:39
hehe awesome, is there anything you love from cd's games?

Well, Legend. I would say... hmm... Her guns are pretty cool in next gen :), they is all shiny! :D

Anniversary... hmm... she has a braid back, oh and the Peru level was pretty awesome.

Underworld.. EVERYTHING!! :cln: :D

MiCkiZ88
22-08-09, 10:42
I voted on the first because TRU Lara is one of my favorite ingame models so far and she's done an amazing job rendering her. But I also do like the new concept from Crystal. Something in between those would be fine I guess.

Though in the end it doesn't really matter how good she looks or how big her boobs are if the gameplay is crap.

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 10:45
Well, Legend. I would say... hmm... Her guns are pretty cool in next gen :), they is all shiny! :D

Anniversary... hmm... she has a braid back, oh and the Peru level was pretty awesome.

Underworld.. EVERYTHING!! :cln: :D

i thought you'd love underworld, i really did get an essence of the core games in it, the isolation, the scaryness, her bad-ass attitude.

yeah anniversary was good, did you like the scary background music, in egypt it sounded like mummies awakening, that freaked me :)

yeah legend guns were cool :)

scremanie
22-08-09, 10:53
i thought you'd love underworld, i really did get an essence of the core games in it, the isolation, the scaryness, her bad-ass attitude.

yeah anniversary was good, did you like the scary background music, in egypt it sounded like mummies awakening, that freaked me :)

yeah legend guns were cool :)

OMG yes in Egypt.. that was creepy.. I felt as if I was being stalked..:o

lol :)

What do you like about them? and what do you like about the classics? :)

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 11:01
OMG yes in Egypt.. that was creepy.. I felt as if I was being stalked..:o

lol :)

What do you like about them? and what do you like about the classics? :)

hehe yes omg :ton:

i love the new lara, i think graphically shes very impressive :ton:
They're good for me to play on a regular basis, challenging, but to the right extent, sometimes the classics got a bit tedious and difficult.

Both company-based games had fantastic locations - beautiful yet scary.
Classic lara was so bad-ass and amazing but sometimes what she said was just plain rudeness and they were right, she was becoming too sex-based :o Doesnt mean I dont love her though, because i do.

Underworld Lara has the right-amount of badass i think, for me.

The classic levels were very detailed, perhaps more so than cd's, i liked how the decorations had been placed, making you feel like it had been lived in and had been abandoned due to the inhabit's death. Making it feel like a real tomb :ton:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

scremanie
22-08-09, 11:13
hehe yes omg :ton:

i love the new lara, i think graphically shes very impressive :ton:
They're good for me to play on a regular basis, challenging, but to the right extent, sometimes the classics got a bit tedious and difficult.

Both company-based games had fantastic locations - beautiful yet scary.
Classic lara was so bad-ass and amazing but sometimes what she said was just plain rudeness and they were right, she was becoming too sex-based :o Doesnt mean I dont love her though, because i do.

Underworld Lara has the right-amount of badass i think, for me.

The classic levels were very detailed, perhaps more so than cd's, i liked how the decorations had been placed, making you feel like it had been lived in and had been abandoned due to the inhabit's death. Making it feel like a real tomb :ton:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I agree :)

:hug:

I love Underworld Lara. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 11:22
Yes, I agree :)

:hug:

I love Underworld Lara. :)

same :ton:

so for the new game are you wanting a young lara approach for trc or the anniversary approach ?

scremanie
22-08-09, 11:34
same :ton:

so for the new game are you wanting a young lara approach for trc or the anniversary approach ?

TRC approach, with a new approach too. I did not really like the mummy and daddy story :o

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 12:30
TRC approach, with a new approach too. I did not really like the mummy and daddy story :o

well thats fair enough :) im all for trc approach with a hint of anniversary

NightWish
22-08-09, 19:15
I think that TRY lara looked pretty remarkable. The body was a huge steo in the right direction and the face is EXACTLY an updated version of classic lara! and this is what I have always wanted. They could try to make the body a bit more proportional. the legs are laughably long, and they dragged the arms too beacuse of them, and this makes lara look too thin. She also needs more detailed textures and I want her to be recognizable again! Yep this is the Lara I want

herothing
22-08-09, 19:50
Some people may think i'm crazy but i loved the model of Legend Lara, i think she looked great and her look should be adapted from that.

NCHSDK
22-08-09, 20:21
Well, I loved Legend's model, and I think Underworld's could be great if they make a few touch ups to it, like Scia's render.... the coloring is especially pretty, as are the dirt, scrapes, and attitude:

http://i31.************/34sf4fn.jpg

Did I mention I love the coloring? And the attitude? :P
Also, I like the way Scia allowed Lara's hair to be free-flowing:

http://i27.************/33o47kw.jpg

herothing
22-08-09, 20:35
^^
That is very true. If CD really knuckle down on this game they might actually produce their first game dont get mad at me for saying thaat! :)

ChingKong
22-08-09, 21:07
Scias work is awesome but it's just a rendered mid. What I really want is new face for lara not an old model with a face slapped across it.

Cows N' Roses
22-08-09, 21:31
I prefer a new Lara Model from Crystal Dynamics. No offense to those of you who make outstanding renders, it's just that well, I prefer CD's.. :o

Minty Mouth
22-08-09, 21:36
Even though Scia's renders are beautiful, I voted for

I prefer a new Lara Model from Crystal Dynamics

MoonSword
22-08-09, 22:04
Scia's work is a good candidate.

_Awestruck_
22-08-09, 23:05
My vote goes to Scia. CD should hire him as the lead designer of Lara's model because unlike the ones they already have, he makes Lara realistic looking.

Fallen.Angel
22-08-09, 23:15
I LOVE Scia's model, but I'd be curious to see what else CD could come up with, something more realistic than the Underworld model, hopefully.

I'm not bothered though.

Tear
22-08-09, 23:25
http://i32.************/105zdcg.jpg (http://i31.************/ulwuc.png)

I would be absolutely fine if Lara looked like this the entire game. Though, I still think she could look better.;) And I think that she should've looked like that in Underworld.:rolleyes:

_Awestruck_
23-08-09, 07:38
I would be absolutely fine if Lara looked like this the entire game. Though, I still think she could look better.;) And I think that she should've looked like that in Underworld.:rolleyes:

That already is 100x better than Underworld Lara :eek: It's perfect to me actually.

Crazy.x
23-08-09, 12:46
I think scia's model only lara abit less muscley, and thinnner. Maybe different hair too. :) seeing as though she is younger

Mytly
23-08-09, 15:11
I prefer a new Lara Model from Crystal Dynamics.

While Scia's renders are very lovely indeed, they are ultimately based on the TRU model, which I don't particularly like. The future Lara badly needs to be more realistic, in order to fit into her realistic surroundings. In TRU, Lara looked like a cartoon character running around in the real world. :rolleyes:

LisaNicole
23-08-09, 20:28
Scia's models are fantastic, just what Lara needs to look like. Tanned and vibrant, but still classy. CD should use these models!

A braid and the classic outfit would suit her better, since that's more what Lara is about - practicality. Running around with a ponytail would just end up getting hair in your face!

Trfansince1996
23-08-09, 21:25
Scia wins. His pictures makes Lara look great and realistic.

just*raidin*tomb
23-08-09, 21:28
I chose other. I'd love it if they would take a much more realistic approach to making Lara and all the other characters and the environment. I'm sick of all the unnecessary exagerations. :)

Librarian
24-08-09, 03:11
As absolutely stunning as Scia's models are, I'm really not fussed regarding Lara's model, provided she doesn't look as cartoony as she does at the moment. Just as long as she runs, shoots and climbs, I'll be happy :)

No_more_bullets
24-08-09, 11:27
i want her features to be sharper, gritty, untamed and wild looking.
Imperfect, whilst still being sexy and positively Amazonian.

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-08-09, 15:17
I prefer a new Lara Model from Crystal Dynamics.

While Scia's renders are very lovely indeed, they are ultimately based on the TRU model, which I don't particularly like. The future Lara badly needs to be more realistic, in order to fit into her realistic surroundings. In TRU, Lara looked like a cartoon character running around in the real world. :rolleyes:

I know, right? It looked so ridiculous. :vlol:

daventry
02-03-10, 17:21
Greetings fellas, i bring you Another Update on the Lara Croft Model made by Scia :cln::cln:
http://i46.************/90zxj5.jpg

I just Photosopped it abit more. :o:D
http://i50.************/2ym69z8.jpg

Phlip
02-03-10, 17:23
^ I don't like Underworld Lara.

Lara Fan 4Life
02-03-10, 17:26
I like the Underworld Lara, but Scia just makes her 100 times more better! Scia should really work on the next in game Lara model! :pi:

Drone
02-03-10, 17:27
I'm not bothered. Whatever runs, climbs, shoots and has a kickass attitude suits

Phys
02-03-10, 17:39
Greetings fellas, i bring you Another Update on the Lara Croft Model made by Scia.

http://i48.************/24b29s4.jpg

Why have you made it look so dark? :confused:

smr
02-03-10, 18:26
I liked Underworld's Lara just fine! maybe if they can make her a bit more realistic. I like these models the fan made but It is still Underworld. I'd love it if she looked like that!

But the most important thing is the game.

daventry
02-03-10, 18:40
Its true that the Game is the most important thing, but would it kill Crystal if TRU Lara looked like that. ;)

Rai
02-03-10, 18:45
I don't think that bikini top fits her very well :whi:.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-03-10, 19:01
I don't like the Underworld model. Scia makes her look much better, but her face and body are just so goofy looking. She looks like a silly cartoon. I'd personally prefer something more gritty and cool as opposed to the cosplaying Barbie doll look of TRU Lara.

Bladerj
02-03-10, 19:08
what custom model , thats the same as tru, the guy only changed texture and rendering.
if someone here works with 3d and can actually show stuff then the option will be meaningful

ccroft2003
03-03-10, 08:31
what custom model , thats the same as tru, the guy only changed texture and rendering.
if someone here works with 3d and can actually show stuff then the option will be meaningful

I agree, all Scia has done is replaced Lara's textures with higher quality ones and re-rendered the model. Otherwise, the face shape etc is exactly the same. Just goes to show that CD really were not that far off providing us with the Lara we're all waiting for (at least in terms of looks) and with a little more work and updated textures we may finally get what we want for the next game? Fingers crossed! :confused:

CPETE
04-03-10, 02:08
Those renders are still much too cartoonish for me. I want a realistic looking Lara for a change.

Bladerj
04-03-10, 12:06
Here are too exemples of lara model done in zbrush, that is a awesome tool for modeling many game designers are changing to it now, allows them to give more detail with less work shaping polygons.

first one is exelent except for the ugly face

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=157480&page=16
lower the polys and this could be ingame.

this other is more in line with prince of persia cell shading and more creative http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=74160