PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Children?

Shark_Blade
21-08-09, 10:53
I do!

Well, the bratty/naughty kids not so much but I still love them lol.:ton: They're so innocent and cute.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/946/87695159.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/87695159.jpg/)

Other than that, for the upcoming month I will be one of the facilitators in charge for a one day event with kids from an orphanage nearby.

I've been joining this kind of charity activities since last year. It brings joy to me seeing happy children. :hug::D

Alex Shepherd
21-08-09, 10:59
With no answers, I love and hate kids, the age of 9 till 15 years old can't fit into my head, annoying :hea: just like my GF's brother and my cousins :hea: but I love them also :hug: they are cute and at least are not boring :vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
21-08-09, 11:01
No, I don't like them. The 'father' part of my personality still isn't visible. :p

Shark_Blade
21-08-09, 11:04
They're definitely not boring. :D Just go out with them, you can definitely learn a thing or two from them.

And they view the world with an open mind. I especially love their imagination, so wild and carefree.

Your_Envy*
21-08-09, 11:05
I love them! :)

IvanaKC
21-08-09, 11:09
hmm...I can't stand younger than 10.

Chocolate
21-08-09, 11:11
Love kids! They rule! :D But I can't see myself having children.

Spong
21-08-09, 11:13
I couldn't eat a whole one.

Minimus
21-08-09, 11:15
hmm...I can't stand younger than 10.

Same :o

My brother has a friend, and her 9 year old is always given to me, just because I'm closest to his age :rolleyes:6 years difference!! He's so annoying, no, not in a 'cute' way, he's horrible and selfish and bratty and mean :(

Legend of Lara
21-08-09, 11:16
Kids annoy the hell out of me. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Goose
21-08-09, 11:16
The title reminded me of the League of Gentlemen for some reason.

I dont hate them, but im happier when there not around.

Ikas90
21-08-09, 11:19
Children are cute, but they can be brats from time to time. :p

Psychos'Я'Us
21-08-09, 11:23
Ew no.

matrix54
21-08-09, 11:36
No, but I like what children grown into :mis:

j/k (or am I :pi:)

Honestly, I just hate babysitting children, and looking after them. aside from that, children are :cen: awsome :yah:
(except the bad children-they get no love)

The Swede
21-08-09, 11:51
I don't really like the question: Do you like Children?
I like some of them, mostly my daughter...

Do you like adults?

TRfan23
21-08-09, 11:53
No (With the exclusion of disabled intelligent children. E.g. Autistic)

remote91
21-08-09, 11:59
Lol

Erm, they're okay. I was expecting more jokes in this thread from the title :(

da tomb raider!
21-08-09, 12:03
I love children (well, as long as they're not excessively annoying, bratty, etc). Which might explain why I always act like them.

Alex Shepherd
21-08-09, 12:04
I love children (well, as long as they're not excessively annoying, bratty, etc). Which might explain why I always act like them.

Will... People are annoying too :ton:
What about this question?

Do you like babies? :D

kristi
21-08-09, 12:10
I can't stand naughty and bratty children but I love the smart,witty and cute ones.

TRenTIs
21-08-09, 12:14
Children are dumb. I don't wan't kids. :wve:

I will absolutely love my sister's kids, though. :hug:

Alex Shepherd
21-08-09, 12:19
http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/cmsimages/kids2.jpg

Just concentrate of what they're thinking about, see where you are and see where they are.

tonyme
21-08-09, 12:28
I love kids and they love me! :D

scoopy_loopy
21-08-09, 12:47
Being the eldest of 6 kids, and being 4 years older than the next eldest and a whopping 12 years older than the youngest (ill be 30 by the time she's my age now :eek: )- I feel like Ive pretty much helped raise most of them. Im always responsible, I kind of feel like Im over parenting - so if I ever have children of my own, it wont be for many decades, or, Ill adopt a young teenager :)

FourBalls
21-08-09, 13:10
Not much. It's not them that I don't like. It's the way everyone always goes OMGZSOCUTE!!!1!oneone!! when they see one. I mean, they're not thaaaat special :p Nor thaaat cute, lol.

VictorXD
21-08-09, 13:11
As long as they are not TOO annoying, yeah, I can stand it.

Atlantisfreak666
21-08-09, 13:16
No, I hate them all.

Another Lara
21-08-09, 13:17
Of course I do... I was one once! Don't like teenagers though, hated them even when I was one, lol! ;)

jaywalker
21-08-09, 13:20
I get overly oogly googly around babies.. hehe.. who doesnt. :)

Yeh agree tho once they start growing up and becoming pains and having free thought and not seeing you as the most powerful person on planet then it all goes wrong :)

stereopathic
21-08-09, 13:32
i think there's something wrong with people who don't like children. maybe you don't like the way parents sometimes let them run berserk, or that you have to stop being self-centered when you have one, but they're innocent and amazing and we get to see the world for the first time again through their eyes.

sure, they can be annoying, even if they're your own, but overall, kids are awesome. i love 'em.

Explorer
Do you mean people under 18? :p

marla_biggs
i don't like loud ones..

Carbonek_0051
21-08-09, 13:41
Yes, one of my main dreams in life is to raise a child or two and have a family. I have a niece and a god daughter who I treat like they were my own. I think children are one of the best gifts life can offer, they are the most beautiful thing about life. Especially when they are your own, they teach you responsiblity, selflessness, and unconditional love. Cheesy I know, but it's the truth. I can't wait to raise my own.:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 13:41
Depends on the kid. Most parents don't know how to make their kids behave these days, which is why I don't like most kids. On the other hand, awell behaved kid can be sweet, and I like them. :)

All in all, I don't really like kids, but I somehow have always loved little Asian girls, they are so cute!!! :D I've been saying I'll never have kids, but I've considered the possibility of adopting a little Asian baby girl later on down the road. I'll probably never do it, but if I were to somehow have any kids at all, that's how I'd do it. :p

Yes, one of my main dreams in life is to raise a child or two and have a family. I have a niece and a god daughter who I treat like they were my own. I think children are one of the best gifts life can offer, they are the most beautiful things about life. Especially when they are your own, they teach you responsiblity, selflessness, and unconditional love. Cheesy I know, but it's the truth. I can't wait to raise my own.:)

Aww, that's a very sweet post. :o You would make a great father. :D

dcw123
21-08-09, 14:10
I dont mind kids, its screaming babies and spoilt 4 year olds that annoy me..
Grates right through me haha

Carbonek_0051
21-08-09, 14:21
Aww, that's a very sweet post. :o You would make a great father. :D

Thank you, that means a lot.:o

Lara's home
21-08-09, 14:22
I hate all children.

Nannonxyay
21-08-09, 14:23
I like them. Not the ones who scream and stomp when they can't get what they want, but hey, even I can be like that sometimes. My sister says I would make a good mother because I'm really good with her kids. I'd rather get a career first. :p

Legend of Lara
21-08-09, 14:26
I hate all children.

And yet you watch Higura---

...you sick, twisted... :mad: :p

Mokono
21-08-09, 14:29
Yes, one of my main dreams in life is to raise a child or two and have a family. I have a niece and a god daughter who I treat like they were my own. I think children are one of the best gifts life can offer, they are the most beautiful thing about life. Especially when they are your own, they teach you responsiblity, selflessness, and unconditional love. Cheesy I know, but it's the truth. I can't wait to raise my own.:)

Yeah, fatherhood ftw! Anyways, is not like every kid is gonna be a menace, it depends on how much love and dedication we dedicate to them.

Lara's home
21-08-09, 14:43
And yet you watch Higura---

...you sick, twisted... :mad: :p

Rofl! You got me ! :p:vlol:

TheUnderworld
21-08-09, 14:47
Kind, cute, smart kids I like but bratty kids...........:ohn:
I enjoy making little ones happy:D

Chocola teapot
21-08-09, 15:11
Not at all! Arghh! I never want any ever! I Utterly cant stand bratty kids!

adventurerLara
21-08-09, 15:13
Only in small doses, can't see myself with kids in the future tbh.

remote91
21-08-09, 15:14
Not at all! Arghh! I never want any ever! I Utterly cant stand bratty kids!
Beat them so they aren't bratty.

DUH.

Tombraiderx08
21-08-09, 15:15
I like some children, others are just really really evil :D

Chocola teapot
21-08-09, 15:16
Beat them so they aren't bratty.

DUH.

Illeagal over here.
And If you were joking, which I guess you were. :p

Honestly, I never want one, I Dont have the temperment to look after kids. I'd Probly Take a long walk off a short pier.

Changeling
21-08-09, 15:17
Love kids, but not for me. :wve:

Alex Fly
21-08-09, 15:18
Yes of course, I like children. :)

Rai
21-08-09, 15:28
I can't stand naughty and bratty children but I love the smart,witty and cute ones

This statement and ones like it seem a bit blinded by black and white ideals to me. You do realise that even the smartest, wittiest and cutest kids can be evil little brats when the want to be? :p Actually you can reverse that and have a bratty kid that can be the model of all angelic-ness when they feel like it too.

That is what is soo marvellous about kids. They're so diverse, unpredictable and surprising. How a child behaves is mostly due to parenting skills and personal circumstances.

I love kids. I love my son even if he has made me want to tear my hair out on occasion. But he's smart and loving and kind too and he's helped me to grow into the person I am today.

takamotosan
21-08-09, 15:31
I ****ing hate children.
Good thing :gay:, cuz accidental pregnancy sucks.

;)

DragonSlayer
21-08-09, 15:35
:vlol:

I like babies but once they start to walk and talk i hate them.

LaraCablara
21-08-09, 15:36
http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/cmsimages/kids2.jpg

Just concentrate of what they're thinking about, see where you are and see where they are.

The kid on the bottom right looks nasty to me.

remote91
21-08-09, 15:40
That picture is taken from the point of view of a man who they've just beaten and mugged.

ajrich17901
21-08-09, 15:41
Im not a big fan of kids
>.> tbh I cant stand em lmao

Jo269976
21-08-09, 15:41
No, ew. I'm too irresponsible :p

NemesisX13X
21-08-09, 16:31
I
HATE
CHILDREN
!!!!-------------
:p

Chocola teapot
21-08-09, 16:32
I
HATE
CHILDREN
!!!!-------------

X2

Love2Raid
21-08-09, 16:39
I love children they are amazing. :hug:

CuteKittenlol
21-08-09, 16:40
Not really, but someday i'd like to be a mum i think, just 1 though, couldnt cope with loads of kids. Saying that i hardly think im mother material :p

Shauni
21-08-09, 16:49
I love babies, toddlers and really young children, but any older than that I'm really not a big fan of kids.. Everyone hates their parents once they get older, and I'm not really wanting to plunk down loads of money to have a kid who might hate me. xD

I'm sure as I get older my opinion will change, I'll want to start a family of my own, but for right now I'm not interested :p

Love2Raid
21-08-09, 16:54
Teenagers are definitely harder to ´communicate´ with. Well, they are not to blame, since they have to deal with all the changes in life etc. We have all been there.

I love 'pre-teen' kids, they are so cute and innocent (most of them lol). They really do see the world and everyone the way they are, without prejudice. The things they say can be so unexpectedly clever and funny. I have a niece, she is 3.5 years old now. I love her so much. :hug: :hug:

Cristina
21-08-09, 16:57
I do love Babies and little children but younger that 10 years don´t count whit me,they´re a pain!:o

TombRaiderCool
21-08-09, 16:59
I can’t generalize here. It totally depends on the child. Some are great and some can be brats, I guess them being like that is just part of growing up though.

To be honest, I can't stand around lots of little children, they make me totally nervous. But my mum has always told me she used to feel the exact same way, until she was around 25 and got pregnant with me. It really depends on the person I guess. Some people grow up loving children and wanting some of their own while others despise them their entire lives. I can't see myself EVER having kids though.

Joely-Moley
21-08-09, 17:01
Not really. Though it depends on the child. I don't think I could ever have one of my own to be honest, I think I'm too selfish. :o

miss.haggard
21-08-09, 17:19
I dont like kids, babies, toddlers, teenagers... Hell = other people IMO :)

scremanie
21-08-09, 17:23
Depends who's kids http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg...

When I have my own kids, I will love them to death. I love family members that are kids.. sometimes :pi:...

I hate random kids, like strangers kids... they **** me off... especially when they scream and go all evil.. http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg

robm_2007
21-08-09, 17:25
i dont really like (most) kids, but i would like to have some when im like 30.

coolaideonfire
21-08-09, 17:45
Yeah, I like children. My friends child is the cutest thing ever. Sometimes I get just as excited to see the child as I do my friend lol. :D

TRhalloween
21-08-09, 17:49
Children, maybe, but no baby.

Babies are evil seeds that nest inside females. And before anyone says "We were all babies", I'd like to see your evidence!

LaraLuvrrr
21-08-09, 17:56
Umm...

I'm not sure. I tell myself I like kids. But when they're in front of me I can't stand them at all

scremanie
21-08-09, 17:56
Children, maybe, but no baby.

Babies are evil seeds that nest inside females. And before anyone says "We were all babies", I'd like to see your evidence!

YES!

The trick is to kill them before they get a chance to kill you!! http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg

drakl0r
21-08-09, 17:58
Depends. If it's a spoilt brat..then hell no :D

Kerrigan
21-08-09, 18:05
I suppose this doesn't say anything good about my personality, but I don't like children at all.I either can't stand them or they bore me to death.I never knew and I never had an interest to communicate with younger kids, even when I was a kid myself.I looked up to older kids and luckily for me, they didn't think the same as me. I was and I still am the youngest or among the younger in any group.

iamlaracroft
21-08-09, 18:08
I ****ing hate children.
Good thing :gay:, cuz accidental pregnancy sucks.

;)

That picture is taken from the point of view of a man who they've just beaten and mugged.

:vlol: I literally laughed out loud at these.

I hate children and I think anyone who says they "loooove" them should be subject to supervised visitation when with one, and never be left alone with a child :whi:
That goes for men and women. There are some sick *******s in this world...

irjudd
21-08-09, 18:09
I hate children and I think anyone who says they "loooove" them should be subject to supervised visitation when with one, and never be left alone with a child :whi:
I hate jumping to assumptions, so I'll just ask you to clarify.

Anyone who claims to love children is probably a pedophile?

viper456
21-08-09, 18:13

seconded!

iamlaracroft
21-08-09, 18:17

Oh absolutely. teachers, bus drivers, astronauts, race car drivers, and especially lunch ladies...lunch ladies are the worst.

:rolleyes:

jackles
21-08-09, 18:19
*read about*

does that mean me then? :(

I work with kids..sometimes I like them sometimes they drive me mad. You can usually find some redeeming quality though....usually. Very rare to find a kid that I really don't take too..but they would never know it anyway.

However I would have laughed my head off if anyone would have predicted I would have worked with kids. I don't consider myself 'mumsy' at all.

Laras Dream
21-08-09, 18:30
I like 'em! I'd love to have Kids.

Nannonxyay
21-08-09, 18:39
:vlol: I literally laughed out loud at these.

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Just because somebody shares an emotional connection with children, does not mean they are a pedophile. A pedophile is somebody who is sexually involved with an underage child. Just because you don't like children doesn't mean people who do like them are automatically perverted or sick. God.

takamotosan
21-08-09, 18:57
That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Just because somebody shares an emotional connection with children, does not mean they are a pedophile. A pedophile is somebody who is sexually involved with an underage child. Just because you don't like children doesn't mean people who do like them are automatically perverted or sick. God.

i don't think she was entirely serious :p

The real reason I hate children is sitting about 7 feet away. My 6 year old sister. She thinks she owns the place and she's a bigger ***** than me. It takes work to be that much of a diva.

oreo
21-08-09, 19:01
:vlol: ^^^^

kristi
21-08-09, 19:34

Yes,completely agree with you.The might be the most stressful thing ever,but you can't imagine the love they give with their true and innocent smile.

Yes,finally some good and smart words!If someone covers in kisses a child they love,doesn't meant that person is a pedophile.Just showing love.Nothing bad with that.

Nannonxyay
21-08-09, 19:45
i don't think she was entirely serious :p

The real reason I hate children is sitting about 7 feet away. My 6 year old sister. She thinks she owns the place and she's a bigger ***** than me. It takes work to be that much of a diva.

Is that even possible? :p

takamotosan
21-08-09, 19:55
Is that even possible? :p

Apparently :pi:
Alas, the student surpasses the teacher...

nickless
21-08-09, 20:07
some kids fed me a cookie and a piece of candy just some minutes ago :vlol: i felt like a zoo animal with them giving me food me and tapping tapping like crazy on the door glass *shivers*

meh like kids :D

Catracoth
21-08-09, 20:11
Do I like children? No, I just work as a teacher for an occupation and work with children in school because I can't stand their guts :wve:.

Indiana Croft
21-08-09, 20:18
I'm not a kid person.

I don't do well with creatures as naturally selfish as children, and I can't humor them. I need to be able to talk intelligently to people, and I just can't tone it down for kids. I have like a natural aversion to them, like I just can't play nice with kids.

I wouldn't however hurt a child and I hate parents who don't treat their kids right. I guess I'm like the anti-parent, like I'll claw out anyone's eyes who hurt children or exploit them or don't listen to them. Because even though kids aren't the smartest things, they aren't stupid and kids don't lie. They have opinions and understand how the world works whether we want to believe it or not, and I don't like it when people take advantage of innocence.

I guess my main problem with kids is that I feel like I can't be the one to deal with them because I'm a corrupted version of childhood. I don't want to be the one who has the break the news to them and wake them up, you know? It innately makes me uncomfortable around kids and I become a little mean. Kids like me anyway though, which I never understood.

So to sum it up, I actually like kids, but I don't think I'm the type of person with the ability to handle or nurture them. Having something so precious depend solely on me freaks me out.

I hope to have at least one child someday once I get all my dreams and my wild years out of me. Maybe when I'm in my early 40's, late 30's.

CroftGameGirl
21-08-09, 20:19
Apparently :pi:
Alas, the student surpasses the teacher...

LOL :vlol:

For me I like babies and toddlers especially since I'm realated to some and they can make your head explode with cuteness :D But I am also related to some erm... 'other' ones :pi: I joke but as they grow older it can only get harder and harder ;_;

clairelovestlc
21-08-09, 20:30
Either i like them or I'm determined to make myself unhappy!

I'm a Reception teacher!

maniakatosheto
21-08-09, 21:31
I love all kids .... but i don't love them when they cry its really sad to see them cry :( . Today i heard about 20 kids crying in diffrent spots ever 10 mins! wha the duck.

EgyptianSoul
21-08-09, 22:28
I'll just say that I'm glad I can't have children.

They are nice up to a certain point. I find myself so exhausted after even just a week of babysitting my sisters children. It's hard work. At least I can totally understand now why she feels the need to get away from them every once in a while.

tomblover
21-08-09, 22:31
That depends. I don't like the Nanny 911 sort. :whi: (And I don't like kids screaming their ****ing heads off on the subway, it makes me wanna kill them slowly, Jesus can't they just shut up?! >_>)

Otherwise it's allrighto. :)

Henpen
21-08-09, 22:40
Aged about 0 - 6 they're lovely and cute, after that both boys and girls go through the REALLY annoying stage with girls come out of at about 12/13 and boys at about 14/15

January_Snow*
21-08-09, 22:48
I like kids, but I dont see myself like a family type, I would rather have lovers, and maybe in one point of my life (a faar faar point) settle down, but I dont beleve in eternal love so I dont know :)

Encore
21-08-09, 22:49
I don't dislike children, but I don't like taking care of them and I don't want to have kids of my own. I wonder if this makes me a bad person.

Nerd For Life
21-08-09, 23:07
I don't dislike children, but I don't like taking care of them and I don't want to have kids of my own. I wonder if this makes me a bad person.

Doesn't it annoy you when people say "you say you don't have kids now, you're probably gonna change your mind!"

Because it DOES annoy me when I tell 'em the same thing you just posted. :pi:

Catracoth
21-08-09, 23:09
Let me rephrase my previous statement: I like children when they're behaving or when I can control them.

Squibbly
21-08-09, 23:40
I work in a daycare and teach in the mornings, I better like kids! :)

Yes, I do.

Lee croft
22-08-09, 00:11
depends id like to have my own one day (adoption if i end up with a guy) my cousins kids (my 2nd cousins) can be quite annoying they say homophobic stuff too which annoys me but its odd i was sitting there drawing today ( i was drawing britney) and my cousin tried to draw what i was drawing ...

kids are werid my other cousin always says "why" you could say " i like britney spears" and he would say "why?" and then i would say "because she is amazing imo" and then he would say "why?"....

maximum_123
22-08-09, 00:14
I love children... a LOT. :mis:

Nerd For Life
22-08-09, 00:16
Let me rephrase my previous statement: I like children when they're behaving or when I can control them.

And when they're sleeping, right? :p

-DaNnEe..
22-08-09, 00:23
Not really.

tranniversary119
22-08-09, 00:39
Little kids are to whiny and annoying, so no.

John Rambo
22-08-09, 00:46
Title: Do you like Children?
Yes, they're Delicious.

AmericanAssassin
22-08-09, 01:15
It's very important to me that I'll have children some day. At least five. Hopefully seven. I'm willing to have more if I'm rich. I want to be a good father. :)

Tommy123
22-08-09, 13:58
Yes, but excpet when there being annoying and putting eye shadow on my face and asking if there allowed to do innapropriate things with certain body parts

Lara Croft!
22-08-09, 16:06
Shark Blade, it's very nice of you to help children.

I love children and when I'm older I would like to have 2!

ShadyCroft
22-08-09, 16:20
^^ Lora, I can definitely see you as a wonderful mother. :)

noonbob
22-08-09, 16:27
i love children to bits, whenever i babysit i find it soo fun especially toddlers chubby cheeks you just want to eat them up. If there is a naughty child however i will simply punish that child by taking away privileges :)

Tyrannosaurus
22-08-09, 16:57
Children are high-maintenence pets, just astronomically more expensive. And they're cruel, selfish, and unpleasant as people. Just looking at them for too long makes me nauseous.

Drone
22-08-09, 18:13
they are ok, I'm childish myself :)

Pksstr
22-08-09, 23:09
I am one XD

Love2Raid
22-08-09, 23:11
Children are high-maintenence pets, just astronomically more expensive. And they're cruel, selfish, and unpleasant as people. Just looking at them for too long makes me nauseous.

How do they taste though Mr. Tyrannosaurus? :mis:

Nemo_91
22-08-09, 23:14
I like them. They can be very annoying though.

Pksstr
22-08-09, 23:22
Why do you are talking like every kid the same , i think thats stupid , I never bodered my elder sister , we are very good friends.

silver_wolf
23-08-09, 00:11
No. They can be annoying, bratty, and just a little bit frightening. For some reason they like me, however.

CroftScionGuard
23-08-09, 00:15
No, I don't like them. The 'father' part of my personality still isn't visible. :p
I don't want children, but I like being with them, as long as I'm not responsible or don't have to look after them. My sister last year in 20th October had a baby, and I never thought I would love so much having a baby at home, and before the baby was born my sister asked me to be the baby's godfather, and I accepted, without knowing if I would even love her, and now I love the baby so much.

Still, I'm like you in that. I don't see myself as a father, so I don't want children

Chocola teapot
23-08-09, 00:23
They are Vile little Blighters. :)

Tyrannosaurus
23-08-09, 19:10
How do they taste though Mr. Tyrannosaurus? :mis: Not too good. It isn't fun to swallow something in a daiper.

Lee croft
23-08-09, 19:17
speaking of children i went to see my baby cousin today she was born on wendsay/thursday last week she is sooo tiny!!!!

Romantics Inc.
23-08-09, 19:19
NO! HELL NO! Slimey, gross, blabbering, slobbering, disgusting children with small hands!!!! Scares me half to death when 4 or more children are close to me with their hands of smallness...

erosan
23-08-09, 19:51
Kids are so so annoying. I went to DisneyWorld for the past 8 days and it was horrible. So many loud children, it was just not nice.

Tommy123
23-08-09, 19:55
my neighbors kids get up at like 3 in the morning and start screaming for no reason.

Ariel
23-08-09, 21:15
I don't hate them but I certainly I'm not were fond of them ether.

Flame
23-08-09, 22:13
No, i can't stand them. I don't think i would even want to be a father. :p But, i suppose there a few nice ones.

TTV
23-08-09, 22:22
I like them, but I don't want any. Ever.

Super Badnik
23-08-09, 23:32
No. Their so bratty, childish, immature, stupidley demanding and boring.

darkangel08
23-08-09, 23:46
I wanted to be a teacher. But when I did my work experience at primary school and was left in charge of a class of 10 yr olds, I was put off the job for some reason lol

Pabz1989
24-08-09, 00:05
No. Their so bratty, childish, immature, stupidley demanding and boring.

Not every single Child is like that. If were gonna generalise then adult's are selfish, disloyal, ruthless and vain. Of course not every single adult is like that, and from personal experience not every single child has the attributes your describing.

As for being 'Immature' of course they are, they have yet to 'Mature'.

Hybrid Soldier
24-08-09, 00:59
I dunno, sometimes kids can be cute. The other time they're annoying as hell and some can be very bratty it makes me want to fight them. :)

Saphyre
24-08-09, 01:48
I can stand the children I HAVE to stand, like my 2nd cousins and my little brothers, but even then I have a hard time doing that.

Generally I don't like being around kids, which is quite a surprise to those who knows me because when i put my mind to it, i'm great with kids.

Shark_Blade
24-08-09, 05:00
I like some of the tips (http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/4077.htm) on how to communicate well with children:

Talk with, Not at, Children
Talking “at” the child is one-sided conversation: “Put on your raincoat;” “You are going to spill that;” “You need a haircut.” Adults who talk “at” children often use the excuse that a small child cannot converse at the adult level. But no one—including the young child—likes to be talked “at.” You may talk “at” the family dog, or even a tiny baby, but try to talk “with” a young child. Talking “with” a child is two-way conversation—talking to him and then listening to what he has to say. Forming the habit of talking “with” children rather than “at” them will be especially helpful when they become teenagers.

Use “I Messages” to Communicate Your Thoughts and Feelings“I messages” are statements of fact. They tell the child how his behavior makes the adult feel. Often, children don’t know how their behavior affects others. “I messages” are much more effective than “you messages” when the child misbehaves. “I messages” give the child responsibility for changing his own behavior. For example, if the adult says, “I see a dirt smudge on your face,” he is giving the child the responsibility to do something about the dirt smudge.

Caution: Instead of using “I messages” to express anger, express the emotion that came before the anger. For example, let’s say Bruce runs into the street chasing his ball. Fear probably comes before anger. Say, “I am really afraid you will be hurt when you run into the street.” Don’t say, “I’m really mad at you.”

Examples of “I-messages”:
1. I need help picking up now.
2. I don’t feel like reading a story when I’m tired.
3. I sure get upset when I see mud on the floor.
4. I can’t hear you with all that screaming.
5. I don’t understand.

Examples of “You-messages” (compared to “I-messages”):
1. You made a mess.
2. You’re a pest.
3. You ought to be ashamed at this mess.
4. You better shut-up!
5. You’re dumb.

_Awestruck_
24-08-09, 06:18
My nephews make me to NEVER want to have kids, but my nieces make me smile and laugh and when I'm around them I want a bunch. I get sick of my oldest nephew who's sick who name calls (he calls everyone big fatty) and when I'm around him I wonder why I even think about having kids.