PDA

View Full Version : When did you came out?

VictorXD
21-08-09, 14:50
Just a simple question, when did you told your parents/family freinds, dong any others that you were gay?? How did it happened??
Discuss;)

matrix54
21-08-09, 14:53
when did you come out :pi:

(and I haven't to my mom. she doesn't deserve to know :ohn:)

scoopy_loopy
21-08-09, 14:55
Told most of my friends when I was in my senior year of highschool, last year. Technically Im not "out" though, and only a couple of my friends at uni know.

VictorXD
21-08-09, 14:57
when did you come out :pi:

(and I haven't to my mom. she doesn't deserve to know :ohn:)
Why doesn't she?:confused:?

Atlantisfreak666
21-08-09, 14:58
I haven't and I'm not going to. I've only came out to my therapist.

Mad Tony
21-08-09, 15:00
Didn't we have a thread like this before?

In answer to the question - no, I haven't because I'm straight lol. :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-08-09, 15:04
It seems like there's a thread like this going on 24/7. Personally, I feel like threads like these exploit the gay people here, I would imagine they would rather carry on with the forum like the rest of us instead of having to explain why they're gay all the time.

I'm straight, so it doesn't bother me, but I personally find it offensive to the gay community to have threads like this floating around all the time.

Croft, Lara
21-08-09, 15:05
There is a thread about this in "Gay Community".

Aren't you on there?

Gay Community (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/group.php?groupid=19)

Kelly Craftman
21-08-09, 15:05
It seems like there's a thread like this going on 24/7. Personally, I feel like threads like these exploit the gay people here, I would imagine they would rather carry on with the forum like the rest of us instead of having to explain why they're gay all the time.

I'm straight, so it doesn't bother me, but I personally find it offensive to the gay community to have threads like this floating around all the time.

Agreed! :tmb: but if they want to answer than they can but if not then don't! :p

Croft, Lara
21-08-09, 15:08
But to answer the question:

It will be a year on Thursday. I'm having a "1 Year Out and Proud Party".

:gay:

Nitro Typhoon
21-08-09, 15:09

I agree, it gets a bit tiring :pi:

Atlantean-Squid
21-08-09, 15:09
dong any others

Nice Freudian slip. =O

remote91
21-08-09, 15:11
There is a thread about this in "Gay Community".

Aren't you on there?

Gay Community (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/group.php?groupid=19)
They get their own community? Pfft

Lee croft
21-08-09, 23:46
i havent told my mum, dad and sisters etc that im bisexual but i am on my 18th :)

Tony9595
22-08-09, 00:23

I couldn't have said it better, it's annoying to see lots of threads like this every time I come to the forum.

Angelus
22-08-09, 00:39
i havent told my mum, dad and sisters etc that im bisexual but i am on my 18th :)

lol

Mad Tony
22-08-09, 00:41
i havent told my mum, dad and sisters etc that im bisexual but i am on my 18th :)Why make a big deal about it? Just mention it as a passing comment or something. What's the big deal if you're bisexual?

Lee croft
22-08-09, 00:45
Why make a big deal about it? Just mention it as a passing comment or something. What's the big deal if you're bisexual?

i have to make my 18th...something people will rember ;) ...no seriously its because im an adult then and they will have to listen to me

Angelus
22-08-09, 00:47
i have to make my 18th...something people will rember ;) ...no seriously its because im an adult then and they will have to listen to me

Turning 18 doesn't automatically make you an adult. How you act and the way you tell your family will show whether you're an adult or not.

Lee croft
22-08-09, 00:50
Turning 18 doesn't automatically make you an adult. How you act and the way you tell your family will show whether you're an adult or not.

im not going to get ****ed and go weh hey you son likes blokes just as much as he like women..it would be funny but...no

im going to just sit them all down together and tell them

TRfan23
22-08-09, 00:51
I came out to my friends etc... long old story... Except recently some think I'm not and am doing it for attention, yet I don't even talk about it all the time to them. It's them that do it ("Who do you fancy?, Why are you like it? blah blah"), and partly only because I don't seem gay *sighs* Stereotyping eh?... I will come out to my parents sometime, though I've been dropping hints to them now and again... LOL. I think they both get it now... But I get so embarrassed when I try to even say I'm gay to them, which is why I haven't yet told them :(

@Melonie: I agree threads like these do get on my hinges, I cannot even wait like 6 months and not find a thread related to us gay people :(

No offense but you do really make me laugh so much on these forums, with the way you talk. You remind me of my sister in a way :vlol:

Angelus
22-08-09, 00:51
im not going to get ****ed and go weh hey you son likes blokes just as much as he like women..it would be funny but...no

im going to just sit them all down together and tell them

I'll ignore the first sentence.

Why can't you tell them now?

Lee croft
22-08-09, 00:55
I'll ignore the first sentence.

Why can't you tell them now?

becuase they will think its a stage im going through then agian on my 18th they may think the same but its worth a try

]{eith
22-08-09, 00:59
If you feel you'll be ready when you're 18, then I wish you the best of luck. :tmb: After all, everyone is different. Some people have no trouble coming out, some never come out, and some come out by accident and either handle it well or freak out. I told people I was bisexual two years ago - best thing I ever did.

irjudd
22-08-09, 01:00
Darn them gays, comin' across our borders and leeching off our gov'ment resources.

They took our jobs!

Lee croft
22-08-09, 01:00
{eith;3955721']If you feel you'll be ready when you're 18, then I wish you the best of luck. :tmb: After all, everyone is different. Some people have no trouble coming out, some never come out, and some come out by accident and either handle it well or freak out. I told people I was bisexual two years ago - best thing I ever did.

thank you :)

Tony9595
22-08-09, 01:01
Darn them gays, comin' across our borders and leeching off our gov'ment resources.

They took our jobs!

:smk:

Hey! Don't confuse gays with us!!

thecentaur
22-08-09, 01:01
Why make a big deal about it? Just mention it as a passing comment or something. What's the big deal if you're bisexual?

well if they're anything like my folks, they would look at me as less of a person if i told them i was bisexual :o :(

Carbonek_0051
22-08-09, 01:02

They took our jobs!

LIES!

I still don't have a damn job.:p As for the topic at hand I came out at 14.:)

And Lee, come out when you are ready and not when you think your parents are. If you believe 18 is when you will be ready, go for it.

Lee croft
22-08-09, 01:03
well if they're anything like my folks, they would look at me as less of a person if i told them i was bisexual :o :(

thats what i fear

LIES!

I still don't have a damn job.:p As for the topic at hand I came out at 14.:)

And Lee, come out when you are ready and not when you think your parents are. If you believe 18 is when you will be ready, go for it.

Thanks Nate :hug:

thecentaur
22-08-09, 01:09
thats what i fear

in my opinion, you're a bit luckier :/ my folks are still accustomed to eastern standards like if someone steps a bit out of their parents' line, the parents flip a **** and the kid isn't theirs anymore... on top of that, my mom is really religious so it's a double whammy :(

Tomb Raider Jay
24-08-09, 15:00
I told my parents when I was 18, my mum and dad already knew because of my gigantic crush on **Love Leo Di Caprio :hug:** when I was 13

It wasn't easy telling my dad though, I though he might hate me but he's accepted it really well. My gran found out after I dropped it in conversation and she was like, "What?" - we're fine now though, I do her hair every few weeks and I like going to see how she's doing but being myself with her.

I think was the worste part of keeping it a secret, you feel like you're lying to people but not on purpose - nearly all my friends knew before I came out too - lol sooo obvious to them! :D

I do sometimes get abuse in the streets, one old guy asked me once "how much for a lapdance, prettyboy!" My dad nearly thumped him, losers like that aren't worth thinking about - If your gay, your gay and people should just accept it because it's your life, not their's!

Nenya awakens
24-08-09, 15:25
I came out when i was 14, started going out with one of my best friends, most people at school wer really supportive of it, obviously there was some idiots but i allways defended myself and they pretty much got over it except for the odd snide remark.

My dad was the last person i told and he only found out when the phone bill came and showed i had been ringing gay chat lines! he was a bit weird at first because it was all new to him but he couldnt be prouder now. I think hes a little dissapointed that he might not have grankids but.. tough luck lol.

Croft, Lara
24-08-09, 17:06
It will be a year since I came out on Wednesday. :gay:

January_Snow*
24-08-09, 17:25
I have a question, why are gay topics allowed, but topics that are only for us straights are closed as discriminating?

TRhalloween
24-08-09, 17:34
I haven't.

:tmb: I agree. There seems to be a gay thread weekly.

They get their own community? Pfft

You get your own marriage.

I know a forum where there's a Gay-straight alliance. There are more straight people in it than in this one I think because it seems more open.

I have a question, why are gay topics allowed, but topics that are only for us straights are closed as discriminating?

That's never happened. Stop trying to start up something.

Rileigh
24-08-09, 17:43
thats what i fear

They're you're family, they'll have to accept it, and won't be bothered after a while (if they are bothered at all (most parents don't seem to be) and I'm suprised they haven't noticed ;))

On the bright side, you'll always have your mates by your side.

Me, I was 14, started dating my best mate, told my parents, they flipped my mum started crying theatrically, yelled "I don't know where I went wrong", "You're stupid little girl" and "I've had the phone in my hand all day, thinking of calling social services"

Her reaction may have been a little exaggerated due to the fact that it was my first (and last) time being tipsy in front of her.
In my opinion, still an appaling display.

Though I know that it was partially because I'd told her as well. My parents are homophobic and it ****s me off.

irjudd
24-08-09, 18:26
Never? In the entire (almost) 10 years of this forums existence? Yeah ok.

January_Snow*
24-08-09, 18:32

Im not, I just pointed out towards the truth, but dont mind me, continue the thread, I dont mind...

TRhalloween
24-08-09, 18:36
Never? In the entire (almost) 10 years of this forums existence? Yeah ok.

Im not, I just pointed out towards the truth, but dont mind me, continue the thread, I dont mind...

A thread geared towards the topic of Heterosexuality which was closed due to prejudice? Show me it or I stick with what I said.

irjudd
24-08-09, 18:39
A thread geared towards the topic of Heterosexuality which was closed due to prejudice? Show me it or I stick with what I said.
And spend time searching it that I could spend heckling people instead? No way dude.

Yes, I'm lazy, but I'm not so presumptuous to assume that I've seen everything that's ever happened on this forum in the short 5 years I've been a member of it.

MiCkiZ88
24-08-09, 18:46
I take no offence in these types of threads. Gives the chance for narrowminded people to understand why we are the way we are, and not why we chose to be the way we are.

Though I do hate it when stereotypes are enforced within these threads by being totally camp, making silly jokes and stuff like that. You want people to respect you for what you are? Stop acting like a stereotypical man whore and stop wearing pink speedos.. they burn my eyes.

As for the topic: I never really came out.. parents just figured it out on their own, except for mom who I had to give a hint. She and my step mother are strongly against the ''choice'' to be gay/bisexual and they don't really care about me anymore. Their own problem for not understanding.

Why should one come out of the closet anyways? Why make a big deal about something natural?

Lara Fan 4Life
24-08-09, 18:47
Haven't, am straight, well for now, at least! :mis:

TRhalloween
24-08-09, 19:11
And spend time searching it that I could spend heckling people instead? No way dude.

Yes, I'm lazy, but I'm not so presumptuous to assume that I've seen everything that's ever happened on this forum in the short 5 years I've been a member of it.

I'm trying to say that you don't see straight threads casually pop up like you do with gay threads. I go here a lot and I haven't seen such a thing.

irjudd
24-08-09, 19:16
I'm trying to say that you don't see straight threads casually pop up like you do with gay threads. I go here a lot and I haven't seen such a thing.
I guess you'd have to define what context works. I'd have said that that one dude who always stirs trouble who's recent thread about marrying TR women worked as an example. It was clearly aimed at straight men only, and it was attacked mercilessly immediately until it got slammed shut.

I'm fairly confident that had it been more clearly directed at gays, it probably would have done so much better, since anyone who complained about it would have just been called a homophobe. Probably still closed because it was pointless, yes. But there's a slight double-standard among the general population here.

TRhalloween
24-08-09, 19:29
It was specifically aimed at heterosexual guys and Alex had made some posts which were considered homophobic so he kinda got a bad rep. He pretty much implied that lesbians shouldn't post in his thread.

Though I do think that these threads are also quite useless.

irjudd
24-08-09, 19:32
Though I do think that these threads are also quite useless.
Maybe the subject content isn't totally pointless since I know that being straight is still considered "normal" and gay is "the other way" of being in society, so I can sort of kind of (not really) understand why there might be a need to share and support blah blah blah... but it's the absurd frequency that these threads come up that makes it redundant, pointless, annoying, whiny... you get the picture. Yeah I could ignore it, but then what would I do? Draw? Write a story? Pah, this is more fun.

*richietrent*
24-08-09, 19:36
Sorry to misguide this topic but.. im completely out and have never wanted to look back on my life!

Mad Tony
24-08-09, 19:38
Isn't the TRF gay community group partly there so that these sorts of threads can go there and not in general chat?

Seb_01225
24-08-09, 19:38
when i was 13

Tomb-Dude
24-08-09, 19:58
A month ago :)

:vlol:

Stopped being in denial and finally came out as Bi and can't been quite happy ever since ^_^ :p

Edit: I haven't come out to family or friend off the internet yet, that is going to be the next step. Sometime.

TRULuverzz
24-08-09, 20:48
theres a thread like this in the Gay Community section :wve:

Catracoth
24-08-09, 20:48
theres a thread like this in the Gay Community section :wve:

Took the words right out of my mouth. That's what I thought that whole Social Group was for.

TRULuverzz
24-08-09, 20:50
well as for me, i came out in my early fifteenth to my mum, sister and some people over at my school

ShadyCroft
24-08-09, 20:51
Isn't the TRF gay community group partly there so that these sorts of threads can go there and not in general chat?

This. :)

Catracoth
24-08-09, 20:52
Why do people here quote posts and then say "this"? I honestly don't understand and I've seen it done a hundred times in the past three days.

EmeraldFields
24-08-09, 20:53
Why do people here quote posts and then say "this"? I honestly don't understand and I've seen it done a hundred times in the past three days.

Maybe it's more interesting than saying "Agreed". :p

larafan25
24-08-09, 20:56
am I the only one here that likes talking about gay stuff?:)

I mean, whats the big deal of having threads like these in general chat, why push them aside into the gay community where I always forget to check:p

I find some threads annoying after a while...but it's not like others don't...thats why they are there, for the people who like them:)

ShadyCroft
24-08-09, 21:02
Well, you'd better check the gay community group more often. Its really fun there and there's always something new. :) And you can talk with a lot of people like you about topics you and they like. ;)

Higgy531
24-08-09, 21:14
I came out to my one of my friends via AIM (Turns out she left the computer just before I sent it, so I had to wait 12 minutes for her reaction; which was good :D). I came out to my (not oblivious) friends at school by doing The Day of Silence. My parents don't know yet. And I'm coming out to this forum with this guy here -> :gay:

Btw, I came out at 15.

TRULuverzz
24-08-09, 21:24
Well, you'd better check the gay community group more often. Its really fun there and there's always something new. :) And you can talk with a lot of people like you about topics you and they like. ;)

i'd have to say the same thing. it's the only group i visit more often than other social groups XD :hug:

IceColdLaraCroft
24-08-09, 21:28
My birthday last year. My dad didn't take it too well and even thought it was a choice 0_o
it hasn't come up since then and we don't talk about it at all.

My friends said they were fine and that it doesn't change anything. A good friend of mine likes to tell me she's met "some of my people" :vlol:

*richietrent*
24-08-09, 21:31
Im sure he loves you, no matter what. He'll come round.

KIKO
24-08-09, 21:58
Gays don't need to come out because straight's don't come out too :ohn:

TRULuverzz
24-08-09, 22:01
well then how on earth would people know whether or not someone is gay XD

TRfan23
24-08-09, 22:41
Gays don't need to come out because straight's don't come out too :ohn:

well then how on earth would people know whether or not someone is gay XD

Yeh because a parents not gonna go to their child and know they are 100% gay. Thus think oh hows your bf? Or gf? They're gonna assume they're straight, thus go 'Have you got a gf yet, or a bf?'

MattTR
24-08-09, 22:42
When the door opened, naw seriously.. :p I've answered this question too much. :whi:

IceColdLaraCroft
24-08-09, 22:50
Im sure he loves you, no matter what. He'll come round.

he did he said i could tell him anything no matter what and he'd still love me. he had kept making these disgusting insinuations about a friend of mine (a girl) saying things like "you need to make sure you take your shoes off when you go over her house at night so her parents don't hear you."

And I just couldn't take it anymore.