PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider Anniversary: Retold

Mikky
21-08-09, 15:41
So, I remember seeing on Wikipedia that there was a rumour about TR Anniversary Retold. Unfortunetely, there page is no longer there.:( Basically, it would be re-realesed but with the added TR:Unfinished business levels, but obviously remade.

Who thinks that that this game should still be released, with improved graphics?

daventry
21-08-09, 15:48
Do you mean this
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=112577

Mikky
21-08-09, 15:52
Do you mean this
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=112577

No, I don't

VictorXD
21-08-09, 15:54
Well there is a TRLE game called TR Anniversary Retold, and it has UB+ some extra levels. Only part one has been released actually. And I loved it:D

Cristina
21-08-09, 15:59
Well there is a TRLE game called TR Anniversary Retold, and it has UB+ some extra levels. Only part one has been released actually. And I loved it:D

Yes but it is fan made;)

robm_2007
21-08-09, 17:07
a remake of a remake?

scremanie
21-08-09, 17:16
Whats going on here? I am so confused right now :confused:

larafan25
21-08-09, 17:57
so it was NOT the level editor fanmade project?:)

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-09, 19:51
It would be really nice if they made the unfinished business levels using the anniversary model for the sytems we were using (for me ps2).

They could then sell it as a seperate disk, and cheaper than a usual game, would be excellent!

xxx

Blackmoor
21-08-09, 21:04
I think if they're remaking stuff again, then I'd prefer TR2 or TR3 remade.

As I'm always yearning to get my teeth into something as complex and lengthy as these two games again, I'll take a re-imagining... again.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-09, 21:05

As I'm always yearning to get my teeth into something as complex and lengthy as these two games again, I'll take a re-imagining... again.

yeah that would be great :)

WCookie
21-08-09, 21:08

If they cut the levels like they did on TR Anniversary , nothanks :wve:

Blackmoor
21-08-09, 21:11
If they cut the levels like they did on TR Anniversary , nothanks :wve:Yeah I know. But if they didn't... that'd be great, wouldn't it? :)

WCookie
21-08-09, 21:19
Yeah I know. But if they didn't... that'd be great, wouldn't it? :)

Of course it would be, imagine Venice and Floating Islands in Next Gen graphics :cln:

Blackmoor
21-08-09, 21:33
Of course it would be, imagine Venice and Floating Islands in Next Gen graphics :cln:Venice, mmmm!, and the Wreck of the Maria Dora for me. Although I don't like the way CD do under water. It's too dirty and gloomy, so they'd need to change that.

larafan25
22-08-09, 02:48
^when I think of venic in next gen graphics I think of assassins creed 2:)

anyways, no not even if they were going toremake a game, I wouldn't choose 1...never...I don't want any other remakes at alll

for lara's next anniversary it should just be a chronicles type of game or something showcasing the best of lara croft in the most action packed adventures:)

scremanie
22-08-09, 04:41
Maybe the OP is talking about CORE's Anniversary edition..??? :confused:

But I would never ever want CD to butcher TR II and III like they did with TR I. :wve:

josh2l
22-08-09, 05:25
here's the link:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=111317

TR: Anniversary Retold is a TRLE project that combines elements from the original Tomb Raider and TRA. part one's available now, and it's very well made. :)

thevman
22-08-09, 05:52
What would be nice is to get cores last stab at their TRAE, but that won't happen, just like this request to get it remade with the gold levels that were only available for PC back then, so why bother??? http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/dunno.gif

ggctuk
22-08-09, 09:06
here's the link:

TR: Anniversary Retold is a TRLE project that combines elements from the original Tomb Raider and TRA. part one's available now, and it's very well made. :)

In some parts it is well made, in others it does tend to fall flat.

Danni
22-08-09, 12:08
Hi guys,

Ive downloaded this TRA Gold & its really good!:D But.. am stuck on the first level still :vlol: because am not sure of the controls. I was wondering if you could tell me what they are? Asin sprint-run, am not too sure which is the sprint button for the classics, never been able to use it lol. Am up to the first part where am standing on the big block below the ladder, which i backfliped onto from the crevice in the wall. If that made any sense :p:o

Any help would be great! (Mainly just controls :p)

Thanks!

Tombraider95
22-08-09, 12:26
Your In The Wrong Section, This should be In Level Editing Forum.

Danni
22-08-09, 12:30
Your In The Wrong Section, This should be In Level Editing Forum.

Ah, right ok. Sorry :o

Ive done it anyway no worries :p

Mikky
22-08-09, 18:00
Just saw this TRLE TRAR on youtube: it looks so good! Is there anyway download it?

Danni
22-08-09, 18:07
Just saw this TRLE TRAR on youtube: it looks so good! Is there anyway download it?

You can download it from there :) i did, its brilliant :D

ggctuk
22-08-09, 20:27
Mikky said this is not the one he was talking about.

I think perhaps he meant Core Design's TRAE?

Tear
23-08-09, 00:07
That would be nice if it were released. Especially in real next-gen graphics.

aussie500
23-08-09, 00:45
So, I remember seeing on Wikipedia that there was a rumour about TR Anniversary Retold. Unfortunetely, there page is no longer there.:( Basically, it would be re-realesed but with the added TR:Unfinished business levels, but obviously remade.

Who thinks that that this game should still be released, with improved graphics?

This section is for future official games not fan made projects, Crystal Dynamics is not going to be remaking one of their own Tomb Raider games, and the unfinished business levels are not part of the original TR1. I will move the thread to the level TRLE forum where you are more likely to get an answer.

mudkip25
23-08-09, 01:27
This section is for future official games not fan made projects, Crystal Dynamics is not going to be remaking one of their own Tomb Raider games, and the unfinished business levels are not part of the original TR1. I will move the thread to the level TRLE forum where you are more likely to get an answer.

Um, well, if we aren't Talkin about level editing fanmade stuff, this wouldn't belong here wouldn't it? I mean this is TRLE Forum, shouldn't this go to the TR1 forum cause these guys are talkin about a TR1 remake not the other one that had the Level Editing Group Project Thing that faded away...

ggctuk
23-08-09, 06:59
It's not faded, just currently going at a snail's pace.

tomblover
23-08-09, 10:29
When is Pt.2 coming out? I want it. D:

!Lara Croft!
23-08-09, 10:32
/\ /\ Yeah, i want to play their St Francis Folly to...um...compare...it with mine.http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg

Also what is the status on TRA Retold? Are we allowed to talk about it? Seeing as You-Know-Who was banned. Oh my ive been reading too much harry potter.

mudkip25
23-08-09, 11:14
/\ /\ Yeah, i want to play their St Francis Folly to...um...compare...it with mine.

Also what is the status on TRA Retold? Are we allowed to talk about it? Seeing as You-Know-Who was banned. Oh my ive been reading too much harry potter.

Its okay too talk about it just dont talk about the person who left and get attached to something else. Oh my ive been reading too much of the Twilight Series

Alex Fly
23-08-09, 13:00
Like I've said recently in another thread I've always heard a lot of positive advices about it, so I'm downloading it. I really want to try it. :)

EDIT : Downloaded. But I can't make it to work... =/
I'll search for some youtube videos of the levels instead then...

Mikky
23-08-09, 13:48

You can download it from there :) i did, its brilliant :D

3 hours to download? Forget that!

Tombraider95
23-08-09, 13:57
Teeth Said before that its going very slow and hasnt done much of the levels.

I Need A Map
23-08-09, 14:02
EDIT : Downloaded. But I can't make it to work... =/

I downloaded it the other day and found it didn't work so I read somewhere in this thread (cant find it now) that if you remove the FMV folder that it will work, and it does!:D

Alex Fly
23-08-09, 14:05
I downloaded it the other day and found it didn't work so I read somewhere in this thread (cant find it now) that if you remove the FMV folder that it will work, and it does!:D
I've just tried but it still doesn't work. No luck for me. :(

mudkip25
23-08-09, 23:18
I've just tried but it still doesn't work. No luck for me. :(

how are you using it? TR Level Manager? TR Level Manager 2009? or You unzipped the folder and launched the .exe straight