PDA

View Full Version : Watched a movie or show because of one erson?

scremanie
22-08-09, 05:21
Have you ever watched a movie or a TV program because of one actor or actress? I remember I watched Death at a Funeral just so I could see the woman behind Lara's voice...:o, I did not even know what the story was about, I just decided to go to the picture theater and watch because of Keeley Hawes.. I got excited when she started to speak :o... lol. And I remember, my mum rented out The Bank Job and I watched it with her, and all of a sudden Keeley was on the screen and I was like.. LOOK MUM!! ITS LARA'S VOICE!!! and she was like O_O

lol, so what movies or programs have you watched for the only reason and purpose was to see the actor or actress? :)

OMG!! THE NAME OF THE THREAD IS ERSON!!! AGHHH!!! can some one fix this?! please, I was meant to put person. :(

Tony9595
22-08-09, 05:25
LOOK MUM!! ITS LARA'S VOICE!!! and she was like O_O

:vlol:

--------------

I saw Original Sin just because of Angelina Jolie :p

ECB
22-08-09, 05:29
At first, I watched Dollhouse for Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku. Now, I watch it for SO many more reasons! :D

gtkilla
22-08-09, 05:33
I've seen lot of Angelina's movies simply because of her. :D I'm obsessed and I'm not ashamed to let people know. xD And I remember a point where I was a big fan of Aishwarya Rai (Bollywood star) and I watched a good amount of her movies just to see her dance :cln:, but that obsession faded.

I dunno if this counts, but I plan on seeing Jennifer's Body and Jonah Hex purely to see more Megan Fox. :cln:

scremanie
22-08-09, 05:34
LOOK MUM!! ITS LARA'S VOICE!!! and she was like O_O

:vlol:

--------------

I saw Original Sin just because of Angelina Jolie :p

OMG! same LMAO!! I had no idea what the story was about in that either. I just got it because I was in an Angelina phase lol. :p

M.A.
22-08-09, 06:40
As long as it's a movie with Angelina working with weapons, I'm hooked. :D WANTED FTW!

_Awestruck_
22-08-09, 06:50
I see the Twilight series because of Kristen Stewart.
I watch Wanted because of Angie.
I'm going to see The Runaways Biopic because of Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning.
I watched Alexander because of Colin Farrell.
I watch those stupid "Date, Disaster, Epic" Movies because of Carmen Electra.
I'm going to watch the more than likely horrible Tekken movie because it's Tekken xD.
There are certain chick flicks I'll watch because of certain people like Jennifer Anniston.

There's more, I need to think.

1upMushroom
22-08-09, 09:28
I was watching some national-geographic-type documentary, and Jonell Elliot began speaking (she was the narrator of the documentary) and I recognized her from Last Revelation.

Don't even remember what the documentary was about...
I was not watching it in order to here her or anything, she just happened to be the speaker.

Croft, Lara
22-08-09, 09:33
Failure to Launch just for Sarah Jessica Parker.

I only watched this series of "The Street" because Anna Friel was in it.

Only watched Pushing Daisies because Kristin Chenoweth was in it.

Only watched Ashes to Ashes for Keeley Hawes.

Explorer
22-08-09, 09:37
I've done that quite a few times ;) The funny thing is the film/programme they are in may not interest you in the slightest. At the same time you may even develop an interest in the film/programme just because of them!

I won't say (at the moment anyway) who they are though :p

scremanie
22-08-09, 09:44
Failure to Launch just for Sarah Jessica Parker.

Only watched Pushing Daisies because Kristin Chenoweth was in it.

Only watched Ashes to Ashes for Keeley Hawes.

OH, I seen the ad for that last night, I think I might watch it because of Keeley lol. Is it actually any good?

Cochrane
22-08-09, 09:47
I guess the best example for me would be Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which I only started watching because of Summer Glau.

Croft, Lara
22-08-09, 09:49
OH, I seen the ad for that last night, I think I might watch it because of Keeley lol. Is it actually any good?

It's actually surprisingly great!

scremanie
22-08-09, 09:57
It's actually surprisingly great!

Oh, COOL! THANKS! I will make sure I watch it.

Does she talk often? I want to hear Lara.. :p

Rivendell
22-08-09, 10:04
Yeah - originally I only watched Sanctuary for Amanda Tapping. Then thought it was ace, and watched it all anyway.

uJF7djrYUzQ

Changeling
22-08-09, 10:05
I only watched Catacombs because Pink was in it (the singer).

And I only watched Pushing Daisies because Kristin Chenoweth was in it.

I often find myself coming across adverts and immediately paying attention to them because either Keeley Hawes is in it or Jonell Elliot is. :p

remote91
22-08-09, 10:34
All sorts of films for the likes of Jennifer Garner and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

maximum_123
22-08-09, 10:36
Labor Pains for Lindsay Lohan.

I Love You, Beth Cooper for Hayden Panettiere.

Sometimes I wonder whether this is worth the torture of crappy teen movies.

Trigger_happy
22-08-09, 11:02

Yeap, me too! I even watched it twice just because she was in it.

xXhayleyroxXx
22-08-09, 11:07
'wanted' for angelina jolie

and 'after thomas' for keely hawes :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Encore
22-08-09, 14:35
Well, usually the cast is one of the biggest influences on my decision to watch a certain movie. And, when it comes to my favourite actors and actresses I really do watch their movies only (or mainly) because it's with them. I like to follow the career of the people I admire. Yeah, sometimes this means watching a lot of crap... :p For example, I had to endure Shaft because it's with Christian Bale.

With TV shows it's a bit diferent because it has to have a good enough story to make me stick to the end.

ShadyCroft
22-08-09, 14:37
I saw "I love you, Man" just because you get to see Thomas Lenin kissing Paul Rudd. :p

Chocola teapot
22-08-09, 15:03
Repo: The genetic Opera, For Paris Hilton.

Nerd For Life
22-08-09, 15:28
Well, usually the cast is one of the biggest influences on my decision to watch a certain movie. And, when it comes to my favourite actors and actresses I really do watch their movies only (or mainly) because it's with them. I like to follow the career of the people I admire. Yeah, sometimes this means watching a lot of crap... :p For example, I had to endure Shaft because it's with Christian Bale.

With TV shows it's a bit diferent because it has to have a good enough story to make me stick to the end.

Exactly the same for me! Shaft was awful. :pi:

Actually, I decided to watch Heroes because of Zach Quinto... but I ended up loving it so! :D

irjudd
22-08-09, 15:30
I probably would not have watched Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 or Ultraviolet if Milla Jovovich did not star in them.

digitizedboy
22-08-09, 15:30
^ Likewise. :)

LaraRules81
22-08-09, 15:31
Yes, loads of times :pi:

TombRaiderLover
22-08-09, 15:35
Not really. I'm more interested in who's working behind the camera.

robm_2007
22-08-09, 16:37
i watched The Good Shepherd in theatres, only because Angelina Jolie was in it. big mistake, not only was it one of the most boring and dragged out movies i ever watched, she was in it like for only 5 minutes, it seemed.

ajrich17901
22-08-09, 16:43
I watched the grudge only because Sarah Michelle Gellar was in it :p

SGRaider
22-08-09, 16:45
I watched Thoughtcrimes only because of Joe Flanigan.

jackles
22-08-09, 18:48
I am watching next weeks Wuthering Heights purely because of the gorgeous Tom Hardy.

Hot! Hot!

Seriously I am full of childish glee and excitement now!

I have watched loads of things based on the actor usually Micheal Sheen!

nickless
22-08-09, 18:51
i watched twilight only because i wanted to see in what scene they used muse's song

CroftGameGirl
22-08-09, 21:20
I wanna go see New Moon 'cause of Taylor Lautner :D Oof! :cln:

Minty Mouth
22-08-09, 21:21
I watched Resident Evil 3 before the other two because of Ali Larter :ton:

Nannonxyay
22-08-09, 21:24
I watched Snakes On A Plane just for the end credit's song. Well, I recorded Snakes On A Plane, fastforwarded it till the end to watch the end song. :vlol:

Minty Mouth
22-08-09, 21:25
I watched Snakes On A Plane just for the end credit's song. Well, I recorded Snakes On A Plane, fastforwarded it till the end to watch the end song. :vlol:

Cobra Starship :D

That song is too catchy for its own good.

Nerd For Life
22-08-09, 21:30

Ah yes, this reminds me... I went to see xXx (that crappy movie with Vin Diesel) just because Rammstein were in it for less than a min. :p

Encore
22-08-09, 21:32
Ah yes, this reminds me... I went to see xXx (that crappy movie with Vin Diesel) just because Rammstein were in it for less than a min. :p

Oh for a minute I thought you watched it because of Vin Diesel. :ton:

I saw most of his movies because they're with him. And he's a terrible actor but the guy is just so cool, I can't resist. :pi:

Nerd For Life
22-08-09, 21:33
Oh for a minute I thought you watched it because of Vin Diesel. :ton:

I saw most of his movies because they're with him. And he's a terrible actor but the guy is just so cool, I can't resist. :pi:

LOL, he's an awful actor indeed. XD I do admit, The Fast and the Furious movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. :o

Higgy531
23-08-09, 01:53
I watched Cold Mountain just to see Jack White.