PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious *******s

Romantics Inc.
23-08-09, 04:11
Quentin Tarantino's new film yo!!!!!!!!!! :ton: I AM FREAKIN PHSYCHED! Im going to see it tomorrow! I am an absolute HUGE fan of Quentin Tarantino and every one of his films! Truely, he is my idol. :D

Is anyone else going to see Inglorious *******s? Is anyone else a fan of his work or just like another one of his films? What is your favorite Quentin Tarantino film?

takamotosan
23-08-09, 04:12
I'm looking forward to seeing it :D

Catracoth
I've been wanting to see it, it looks really good. I love the commercial when Hitler was like "Nein, nein, nein!" and Brad Pitt was like "Oh yes, yes, yes!"

Chocola teapot
Look's Fun! :D

John Rambo
23-08-09, 04:13
I'd like to see this.

Romantics Inc.
23-08-09, 04:14
But the film is called Inglourious *******s--I think it would have circumvented the censor anyway, so...

WOOPS! rofl :o

Tommy123
23-08-09, 05:01
I wanna see this so bad! it looks amazing

Tombraiderx08
23-08-09, 05:02
"nat-see's" lulz, i wanna see it :)

Lara's Nemesis
23-08-09, 05:14
Looking forward to seeing this sometime soon. Tarantino is great at writing funny dialogues.

coolezpunk
23-08-09, 05:57
I've been wanting to see it. :) It looks very promising, and full of witty dialogue. I quite like Quentin Tarantino's films also! :tmb:

Admles
23-08-09, 06:07
Already saw it two nights ago.

It's not for the faint hearted, but a fantastic movie nonetheless

aileenwuornos
23-08-09, 06:09
I'm going to see it this week. I can't wait.

scremanie
23-08-09, 06:15
I want to see this. If anyone has seen it, could you tell me if its any good? :)

aileenwuornos
23-08-09, 06:23
You spelled "Basterds" wrong.

That's how the title of the movie is actually spelled though.

oocladableeblah
23-08-09, 06:33
The movie is so awesome I saw it last night. Very gruesome :D an awesome film like all of Quentin's movies.

Paddy
23-08-09, 13:15
Given its a Tarantino film, wouldnt mind watching it one day, he makes some of the best films.

Minty Mouth
23-08-09, 13:17
If it was censored then the OP probably wrote it with an 'a' instead of an 'e'...

Exactamundo.

Anyway :off:

Ive never seen a Tarantino film before. Looks pretty cool though.

TRhalloween
23-08-09, 14:23
Replacing it with "e" would be circumventing the censor, even if it is the title of the movie.

Catracoth
23-08-09, 14:24
Replacing it with "e" would be circumventing the censor, even if it is the title of the movie.

I'm pretty sure an exception could be made considering it's the film title.

TRhalloween
23-08-09, 14:31
I'm pretty sure an exception could be made considering it's the film title.

But what if a film title had the actual word "*******" in it? I don't think that would be.

adventurerLara
23-08-09, 14:39
But what if a film title had the actual word "*******" in it? I don't think that would be.

Yes, but it's not, thats the clever part of the spelling variation.

Lara Croft!
23-08-09, 15:22
I will go and see it some time in September. Harry potter comes first though...

VonCroy360
23-08-09, 15:41
I should be seeing it in about two weeks when it opens over here and I'm really excited as well. Some actually say it's as good as his first films.

As for my favourite, I guess it has to be Pulp Fiction, even if that is a predictable choice. I still haven't seen Jackie Brown though.

tombraiderluka
23-08-09, 15:44
I can't wait to see this :jmp:

Tommy123
23-08-09, 16:58
Exactamundo.

Anyway :off:

Ive never seen a Tarantino film before. Looks pretty cool though.

same here, this one looks awesome!

Forwen
23-08-09, 16:58
Been and seen, I'm thoroughly unimpressed. It's not Tarantino as far as I'm concerned.

Trigger_happy
23-08-09, 17:48
The whole "period drama" thing was totally against what Tarantino normally does, but you can see that he made it. I thought the film was, well, weird. Enjoyable, but it left me with a funny feeling. I really liked the film, but it filled me with emotions I can't describe words to.

I was a bit miffed both Brigette and Shosanna died - I wanted a pretty lady to survive the film! The ending was completely insane as well.

The dialogue is completely Tarantino's as well- witty and sharp. Some of the lines were really memorable, and it was perfectly cast as usual. I really liked Brad Pitt as Aldo and Mélanie Laurent as Shosanna. Diane Kruger was excellent as well, and did everyone notice Julie Dreyfus?

Nerd For Life
23-08-09, 20:43
I'm freaking excited to see it, can't wait til it comes out.. not much to wait now! :D

touchmyheart
23-08-09, 20:46
Saw it yesterday and I'm still really giddy :D

It was very good.

Trigger_happy
23-08-09, 20:48
I'm bidding on the OST right now- I thought the music in the film was excellent as usual. Did anyone notice the songs used in Kill Bill?

Lara's Nemesis
27-08-09, 05:49
Went to see this film last night and it is brilliant. Without doubt one of the best and most entertaining films I have ever seen. :tmb:

Everyone in the cast did a great job but I thought Christophe Waltz as the evil Colonel Hans Landa stole the show. I really hope he is nominated for his role.

http://i25.************/2n16ww2.jpg

The film was brutal in places and hilarious in others, classic Tarantino.:jmp:

Bowie
27-08-09, 07:58
Basterds does not need to be censored and it is not circumventing the censor.

Also, the proper title is: Inglourious Basterds with a 'u' in "Inglorious."

Another Lara
27-08-09, 08:06
Saw the film last night... and I don't really know what I think about it.

Brad Pitt was absolutely fantastic as usual and played a great character and the story was great (especially the explosive ending!!)

But the violence was a bit too shocking on my part... Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill I could handle, but this was a bit much!

Great film though! :tmb:

TombRaiderFan.
27-08-09, 08:31
Went to see this film last night and it is brilliant. Without doubt one of the best and most entertaining films I have ever seen. :tmb:

Everyone in the cast did a great job but I thought Christophe Waltz as the evil Colonel Hans Landa stole the show. I really hope he is nominated for his role.

http://i25.************/2n16ww2.jpg

The film was brutal in places and hilarious in others, classic Tarantino.:jmp:

Agree. Anyone who has seen the movie already would know that Brad Pitt's acting was like, meh compared to the other actors. ^That guy from the picture was just AMAZING acting, and he knew so many languages too! it was crazy :vlol:
I recommend the movie, it's worth the ticket :)

Survival
27-08-09, 08:58
I enjoyed it... there were parts where I felt it really was bit TOO long... but it was mostly fun :) Loved Eli Roths role btw :whi:

jaywalker
27-08-09, 09:56
Yeh thought the actor performances were great. Waltz stealing the show for sure.

As always QT had to add his touches which are okay, but after a few films get a little boring to see. The unnecessary extra bits filmed, like the adding of cream close up etc.. doesnt add anything but time to the movie :) i KNOW i will get slammed for missing the point of his style but i just dont see need for it :)

As for the violence yeh it was very gratuitous and in your face (quite literally) and thats QT trademark again, but the ending just `happened` like no what happened next, tbe consequences etc.. again typical QT :)

overall i did enjoy it, just wanted a bit more to be honest :) more closure :)

Dina_Croft
27-08-09, 11:32
I've been wanting to see it, it looks really good. I love the commercial when Hitler was like "Nein, nein, nein!" and Brad Pitt was like "Oh yes, yes, yes!"

Yes lol..Very funny...But i'm not gonna see it cause all the Tarantino movies are a piece of &%*@

Angel666
27-08-09, 22:19
I love Tarantino's dialogue, I cant wait to see this film. :tmb:

GameGlitcher77
28-08-09, 06:32
I actually do look foward to either seeing this movie in theaters or by renting it when it's on DVD:):D:D:D;):jmp::jmp:

iamlaracroft
28-08-09, 06:57
Waltz turned in such a convincing performance that I literally hate the man. He creeps me out to no end. I do not trust him, and bloody hell am I scared of him.

I have a major crush on 'the Bear Jew'...Eli Roth = http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/4.gif.

I loved the ending but hated that von Hammarsmark and Soshanna had to die. Diana Kruger was absolutely amazing. I am a new fan!

For anyone going to see it, prepare to sit on your ass for three long hours. I don't recommend getting a "small" coke unless you don't mind waiting three hours to relieve yourself. :whi:

The Great Chi
28-08-09, 10:06
I think they should have called the film....

Ingloroius Basteridios, and it would have sounded more mexican :D

I do like this guys films, but I am in two minds whether to go and see it, as I am not happy about World War 2 films, as I do not like reveling in such a bad and brutal period of recent history which tore Europe and the rest of the world apart.

Maybe I will see it on DVD eventually.

Shark_Blade
17-02-10, 01:19
So I heard a lot of good remarks from people that have watched the movie, and I bought a copy and watched it at home.

I can honestly say the dialogues were very witty and believable. Eventhough some parts were long winded but I hang to every words the characters were saying. Amazing movie.

Lizard of Oz
17-02-10, 01:27
ummm... bump?

:vlol:

robm_2007
17-02-10, 01:32
why is the title bleeped? its Basterds, not *******s

Andyroo
17-02-10, 05:43
I didn't like this movie. Thought it was pretty boring. But the main bad guy had some funny dialogue I reckon.

Spoiler

"It's a Bingo! Is that how you say it's a bingo?" "How fun!"

Shark_Blade
17-02-10, 06:22
^Boring?

SPOILER

What about the head scalping scenes? I thought the cinema burning scene was actually great, how the owner woman laughed on screen while the whole place burn to the grown. I like that very much, it's like her last wrath over the Nazis. :mis:

Aranara
17-02-10, 06:34
I liked how the trailer ended:

"Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein!!" :vlol:

I liked this movie, one thing that annoyed me though was Brad Pitt's accent.

Andyroo
17-02-10, 06:36
^Boring?

Yeah, a bit. There were some scenes that I really liked, and most of the dialogue is enough to get me to watch the movie again one day. It's just, I don't know :confused: Wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped, I guess.

daventry
17-02-10, 06:48
I find it weird that they try to hide that bad word from the media, but nobody has a problem saying

http://www.freemoviestheatre.com/media/images/MeettheFockers.jpg

Its still a bad word, nomatter how you try to avoid it and yet Oprah so openly said it on her Show, but Bastar is such a Naughty Word. :confused::confused::confused:

Two words we can teach our Children. :tmb:

lara c. fan
17-02-10, 08:30
Wait a minute.....
This came out in England ages ago....

I still didn't see it...
Damn age ratings :pi:

woody543
17-02-10, 09:29
^Boring?

I enjoyed the film:
Loved the cinema bruning scene, didn't like the scalping...

michaeldt
17-02-10, 09:29
I've seen it, its pretty good :D

LightningRider
17-02-10, 10:36
I find it weird that they try to hide that bad word from the media, but nobody has a problem saying

http://www.freemoviestheatre.com/media/images/MeettheFockers.jpg

Its still a bad word, nomatter how you try to avoid it and yet Oprah so openly said it on her Show, but Bastar is such a Naughty Word. :confused::confused::confused:

Two words we can teach our Children. :tmb:

It's a real name btw Focker, while ******* is considered a viable insult.

Punaxe
17-02-10, 10:41
^Boring?

SPOILER

What about the head scalping scenes? I thought the cinema burning scene was actually great, how the owner woman laughed on screen while the whole place burn to the grown. I like that very much, it's like her last wrath over the Nazis. :mis:

Hm yes, the people at my cinema seemed to enjoy that scene as well. They were all laughing and clapping. I on the other hand thought it was quite the atrocity.

daventry
17-02-10, 11:02
It's a real name btw Focker, while ******* is considered a viable insult.So im gonna call someone Hey Focker come here.

You still think People will except its just a Name. :pi:

http://jdray.net/photos/d/2841-4/gasp.jpg

Focker
Focker
Focker

Watch Your Mouth :mad:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/SMACK.jpg

I still see it as a Swear Word, no matter how you say or pronounce it. :confused::confused::confused:

Weemanply109
17-02-10, 11:11
Hasn't this move been out for ages?

anyway, i seen some of it.. I thought it was a load of crap.

Not funny at all. :mad:

LightningRider
17-02-10, 11:20
Well, it's pronounced Focas, with a hard C, like Fochas I believe.

Well, whatever, that's out of the question. It's a not a swear word, so yeah.

Nerd For Life
17-02-10, 13:54
It is a great movie. I love it a lot.

ClassicCroft
17-02-10, 16:45
this film is awesome :D

Sir Croft
17-02-10, 16:47
So im gonna call someone Hey Focker come here.

You still think People will except its just a Name. :pi:

http://jdray.net/photos/d/2841-4/gasp.jpg

Focker
Focker
Focker

Watch Your Mouth :mad:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/SMACK.jpg

I still see it as a Swear Word, no matter how you say or pronounce it. :confused::confused::confused:

It's not swearing. It' Focker. You don't pronounce it the same way as "****er".

Noodleboy
17-02-10, 21:02
I love Inglorious B******s. I saw it at the cinema, and I was on the edge of my seat during the whole movie. I also bought it on DVD.
Great film! Never liked WW2 movies, but this one was awesome because it was so different :)

VonCroy360
17-02-10, 21:09
I should be seeing it in about two weeks when it opens over here and I'm really excited as well. Some actually say it's as good as his first films.
As for my favourite, I guess it has to be Pulp Fiction, even if that is a predictable choice. I still haven't seen Jackie Brown though.

What was I on when I was writing this? I meant to say Reservoir Dogs, I didn't even like Pulp Fiction as much as the rest of Tarantino's films.
On topic, I love Basterds. Just got the DVD couple of weeks ago.

dizzydoil
17-02-10, 21:19
Isn't it Inglorious Basterds... ? ... not *******s lol.

Anyhow- a cool film. Not the best I have seen.