PDA

View Full Version : The Lovely Bones

Carbonek_0051
23-08-09, 16:42
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Lovelybonesposter.jpg
Plot:
In 1973, Susie Salmon is raped and murdered by a neighbor, George Harvey, a serial killer of young girls and women. She finds herself in 'the in-between' a Heavenlike place, observing her family as they grieve for her. She also watches her killer who, having covered his tracks successfully, is preparing to murder again. Susie struggles to balance her desire for vengeance on Harvey and her desire to have her family recover from their loss.

Trailer:
Cvy2xXKP_ew

Released Dates:
December 11, 2009 (USA)
January 29, 2010 (UK)

Directed By Peter Jackson

Cast:
Saoirse Ronan
Rachel Weisz
Mark Wahlberg
Stanley Tucci
Susan Sarandon
Amanda Michalka
Rose McIver

Based on the Novel by Alice Sebold

Is anyone else planning on seeing this? I think it looks amazing.:)

Nannonxyay
23-08-09, 16:43
I really want to see this as well. I've been meaning to read the book because I've heard brilliant reviews on it. The movie looks fantastic, seeing asthough Peter Jackson is directing it, it should be.

lararoxs
23-08-09, 16:45
I have read the book, it is brilliant!:tmb: So I will certainly be going to see it!:D

Tommy123
23-08-09, 16:53
Sounds interesting, ill look into it

Rai
23-08-09, 16:59
I think I read the book. Even if I haven't, this looks very interesting. I'd love to see it. Wish the UK didn't have to wait so long after the US release though. Good cast too.

Thanks for sharing, I haven't see this advertised anywhere else.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-09, 17:02
I plan on reading the book now.:) I am going on a little book shopping this weekend so I'll see if I can find it.

The story seems amazing, the visual look of the film is indredible from what is seen in the trailer so I can't wait to see this. The actors they choose are also what make me want to see this.

Romantics Inc.
23-08-09, 17:06
OMG THIS LOOKS GREAT! I am so going to read the book

Nenya awakens
23-08-09, 17:51
Sounds like an interesting plot and Susan Sarandon will allways have a plus in my heart because of The rocky horror show, Stepmom and Thelma & Louise!

Croft, Lara
23-08-09, 18:13
This thread gave me deja vu. Someone is going to shout at me. I'll reply "LOL".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm seeing this. The only thing I don't like is the title! It doesn't sound right.

Lemmie
23-08-09, 18:26
I've never got round to reading the book, but I'd definitely see this! :)

Rivendell
23-08-09, 18:28
I really should care more about this film, particularly for how I regard Peter Jackson, but.. every synopsis I've read, it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

VonCroy360
23-08-09, 19:57
I'm definitely looking forward to this. :tmb:
Haven't read the book though.

2kool4u
23-08-09, 20:05
I read the book for school. It was really good. Cant wait for the movie.